Official USFIV/GGXrd/P4U TE2 Thread

Comments

• STEZO_ONESTEZO_ONE FLUSH TOWN Joined: Posts: 495
    So far all reports say that they aren't numbered. Mine is definitely not numbered and I ordered from madcatz store.
    Better keep that emp 2009 comic con stick in perfect condition @Feargus001100 who knows if numbered sticks are going to happen again
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,382
    STEZO_ONE wrote: »
    Better keep that emp 2009 comic con stick in perfect condition @Feargus001100 who knows if numbered sticks are going to happen again
    I partially think that making everything a Special Edition box and packaging could be a mistake.
    Yeah the pretty box makes it cool for collectors but collecting sticks is really a niche market.
    What I would do is not make everything having bling and make the stick more approachable to a larger crowd.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    Darksakul wrote: »
    STEZO_ONE wrote: »
    I partially think that making everything a Special Edition box and packaging could be a mistake.
    Yeah the pretty box makes it cool for collectors but collecting sticks is really a niche market.
    What I would do is not make everything having bling and make the stick more approachable to a larger crowd.

Totally agree with you. Thats why I loved the comic con 2009 TE. The box was barebones. No magnet, no clear plastic and barely any print on it. I think every generation of sticks should've one or two sticks thats hard to get just to keep the collectors happy. Collecting sticks is definitely a niche market. I find myself having to explain to my friends why I have to many. I even sometimes question myself on why I do it. I agree that too much bling can backfire because there are more things that can go wrong ( plexis, top opening case, and the struts). I don't know what direction madcatz plans on going with limited edition sticks but I thought the Rivals stick was going to be the same as the 2009 comic con one for me. Now seeing that Its not as limited as it was marketed does leave a bad taste in my mouth. Not the same at all as scoring a one out of 250 stick from 2009.

edited July 2015
    Like even on the Hrap VLX there no number, and the box is rather plain brown box.
    yup. I don't know how hori does it. HRAP-se, HRAP1-sa, HRAP 2SA, HRAP 3SE. All hard to get sticks but no hype around it. No numbered sticks and No fancy boxes, . Of course this only appeals for the small amount of people collection sticks but it still makes no sense.

• JMroJMro Joined: Posts: 279
    perilX wrote: »
    1. The lid was kinda bowed when I got it, meaning it never closed completely flush. I have read a couple other people have this problem. What I found is that the hinges are too strong, so when you close the lid, the hinges will still be applying pressure to the back of the panel, thus lifting it up. I loosened the hinges a bit and now it closes flush. If you do this, however, it wont be able to stay open unless you open it all the way. It will just fall shut. I think the tradeoff is worth it.

Wow! I just did this to mine, and it now rests flat much better. Thanks for the tip, this was exactly my main complaint.
  • 9TNine9TNine Sultry Performance Joined: Posts: 766
    Picked up a TE2 and type-n at evo as I was finally ready to get one for ps4. Was interested in the type-n layout because iof the slightly better distance between the stick and buttons.

Is there any way to replace the stock metal panel without destroying the original TE2 art, or if requires... Any tips on how best to do it with minimal damage? Would really like not to if possible... :( kind of disappointed that it looks like it may be the only way.

Also, really surprised at how weak some of the buttons are... Had two or three snap just from pinching the tabs to remove them. :/

New type of quick disconnects are great once you find out about them.

• eJaYeJaY Joined: Posts: 235
    I don't know why they didn't make a XB360 and XBOne? Like me Microsoft owners have to buy 2 sticks now. The MKX PDP pad has that feature to switch from XB360 to XBONE. The technology is there, why not make it happen to this stick?
    Aquapazza - Konomi
    Injustice - Catwoman
    MVC2 - Felicia/Charlie/Silver Samurai
    UMVC3 - X-23/Frank West/Ryu
    USF4 - Poison

Because MS didn't made this a option when the Hrap for Xbox One and the XB1 TE 2 was designed.
    But Sony allowed it for 3rd party PS3/PS4 products

Thats why the MK X fight pad is the way it is
  • perilXperilX Joined: Posts: 62
    perilX wrote: »
    Tensho wrote: »
    @perilX The GamerFingers don't even snap in well on the Tek Innovations plexi without the clear rings? Or just the stock plexi?
    Free spin in the Tek Innovations plexi. They were actually ok with the stock plexi. With rings, they wont snap in with TI plexi.

How loose are the buttons? Are they super easy to spin or do I have to actually try to spin them?

Pretty damn loose in Tek w/o rings. But with rings they are secure enough to not pop out, but don't snap in.
  • perilXperilX Joined: Posts: 62
    I figured the GamerFingers would be tighter in the Tek Innovation plexi than Sanwa/Seimitsu snap-in's that people seem to use without a problem and no button spacers.
    Wish they used normal 30mm holes on the metal panel on this stick, don't see the need to make it so wide just to remove a button a bit easier.
    It's an issue of the snap heights in the gamerfingers vs sanwas, pretty much. It's probably half a millimeter off with the rings in. Probably the same with the rings out. The minimum panel thickness is too big and the maximum is too small on the GamerFingers.
  • LowtanLowtan Cool guy in Akuma's entourage Joined: Posts: 74
    So im looking on focusattack for some orange buttons. I have the Persona TE2 and want to color match the right orange. Is it vermillion or orange on the stock stick?
  • General_AwesomoGeneral_Awesomo "Hyouh!" Joined: Posts: 370
    edited July 2015
    9TNine wrote: »
    Picked up a TE2 and type-n at evo as I was finally ready to get one for ps4. Was interested in the type-n layout because iof the slightly better distance between the stick and buttons.

Is there any way to replace the stock metal panel without destroying the original TE2 art, or if requires... Any tips on how best to do it with minimal damage? Would really like not to if possible... :( kind of disappointed that it looks like it may be the only way.

Also, really surprised at how weak some of the buttons are... Had two or three snap just from pinching the tabs to remove them. :/

Yeah, I had the same problem switching panels. I wrote my whole story on page 21 of this thread. The adhesive under the art panel fucked it up as I peeled it off. And there was seemingly no way to reverse the damage.

I have no idea how to minimize the damage. This is a very poor design flaw.
    GT: GeneraI Awesomo USFIV Main: Vega
    PSN: General_Awesomo UMvC3 Team: Zero (β) / Taskmaster (α) / Vergil (γ)
  • EvolderekEvolderek Joined: Posts: 112
    9TNine wrote: »

Get a hairdryer and heat the top up. Grab a small flat head screwdriver and work it between the art and panel continue hearing until you can pry it all the way off.
    I used this to get off my art and it worked well. If you go slow and take your time. You can get it off without issue.

• BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,602
    Art made a new post on Tek-Innovations yesterday. TE2 Type-N stuff should be coming soon!
  • Squid_BisketsSquid_Biskets Joined: Posts: 63
    I just ordered a Tournament Edition 2 for PS4 & PS3 stick from the MadCatz site today, was this a mistake or are the newer batches of sticks better? I noticed some people saying to order a Mad Catz TE 2 Plexi from Tek Innovations. Do they ship to Canada? Thanks (hope I didn't make a mistake ordering this stick..)
  • JMroJMro Joined: Posts: 279
    I just ordered a Tournament Edition 2 for PS4 & PS3 stick from the MadCatz site today, was this a mistake or are the newer batches of sticks better? I noticed some people saying to order a Mad Catz TE 2 Plexi from Tek Innovations. Do they ship to Canada? Thanks (hope I didn't make a mistake ordering this stick..)

I've purchased from tek innovations many times in Canada. Prepare for relatively pricey shipping.
  • CeramicdragonCeramicdragon Joined: Posts: 59
    edited July 2015
    I tried to switch my sanwas out for a different color. On the wiring harness, One of the quick disconnects ripped off. Where can I get a new quick discconect? that connects to the pushbutton? Which size would fit
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Edison (Nash is his main)
    edited July 2015
    JMro wrote: »

I've purchased from tek innovations many times in Canada. Prepare for relatively pricey shipping.

Are the TE2's still shipping with all the same known problems though?
    I tried to switch my sanwas out for a different color. On the wiring harness, One of the quick disconnects ripped off. Where can I get a new quick discconect? that connects to the pushbutton? Which size would fit

I don't think those QD's are sold seperately. They're special for MadCatz sticks in that they have the "easy-remove" tab. If you want to replace it, you'll have to order an entirely new 8-button wire harness off the MadCatz store, unless you're okay with making your own QD that doesn't have the "easy-remove" tab. If you're gonna just have that one QD that's the odd one out, Canadian Joysticks sells regular quick disconnects for a couple of cents before shipping. Not sure if .110" or .187" is the right size though. Focus Attack sells entire wires with the QDs on them as well, if you're down with replacing the entire wire.
    Lowtan wrote: »
    So im looking on focusattack for some orange buttons. I have the Persona TE2 and want to color match the right orange. Is it vermillion or orange on the stock stick?

Anybody?
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,346

Anybody?

Orange
    Thanks bro.

• FenarisFenaris Focused Joined: Posts: 36
    Maybe they went back to the first thicker TE2 plexi they were using and seem to send out if you complain about the plexi shifting.

I can confirm they didn't move back to the thicker TE2 plexi. I swapped the warranty replacement from my GGXrd stick to the Rivals stick I got at Evo. It felt like the Rivals plexi had a little less play in it compared to the GGXrd, though.

Who do we petition at MadCatz to let us order the thicker TE2 plexi? I much prefer the feeling of the old TE2 plexi being flush with the bezel over the current thinner version.
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,866
    I submitted a few tickets on their site telling them how much movement my stock plexi had and how it was scratching up the art and asked for a replacement art and plexi but they only were able to send me a plexi, that was a few months ago when the Xrd/P4U stick came out so maybe they were old TE2 plexi's they sent and now they replaced the replacements with the new thin ones, I guess the only way to find out is to get a replacement from them, or just buy one from Tek-innovations.
    I submitted a few tickets on their site telling them how much movement my stock plexi had and how it was scratching up the art and asked for a replacement art and plexi but they only were able to send me a plexi, that was a few months ago when the Xrd/P4U stick came out so maybe they were old TE2 plexi's they sent and now they replaced the replacements with the new thin ones, I guess the only way to find out is to get a replacement from them, or just buy one from Tek-innovations.

I just ordered a TE2 yesterday from the MadCatz website. Does this mean I am going to have these problems also (they have not fixed these known problems yet?).

No clue, read the past few pages of this thread and you'll see peoples experiences when they received their arcade stick(bad and good) I doubt much or anything changed with these newer TE2's since the Xrd/P4U/USFIV versions, people already mentioned the new ones still use the thinner plexi and some peoples came cut bad and shifts around and some peoples were fine.
    Dudes! Get Tek-innovations.com plexis.
    edited July 2015
    YES ty based MarkMan! I literally sent you an ask on your ask.fm for more colours of panels as a parting gift before you left MadCatz and you didn't fail to deliver! <3 Just hoping yellow is in the mix, hahah.

Edit: Looks like there are indeed yellows! MarkMan you're a God
  • Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989
    This seller is smoking crack right?

The Rivals TE2 from SDCC2015 isn't numbered only on the shipping box, right?

Mad Catz TE2 Arcade Fight Stick PS4 PS3 Limited Edition **Read Description** SF5

$_57.JPG
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
    Pretty sure everyone said the stick isn't numbered, lol numbered box
    edited July 2015
    @nendo I never said he was.
    @nendo I never said he was.

Sorry. Tagged wrong person.

I'm like 85% sure he said he would be leaving MadCatz during Tekken 7 finals at Evo because he wanted to be a family man, what with his daughter starting high school later this year and him wanting to be there for her more. Not sure if he ever changed his mind about it though.
  • exleyexley Joined: Posts: 12
    Yeah he did say this is going to be his last year at madcatz during evo.
  • slaycruzslaycruz Joined: Posts: 1,320
    @NENDO markman did say that....he posted on Facebook and even told Rip during the tekken 7 top 8 Evo stream.
    Previous signature removed per hakdizzles request in order to obtain voltech stick.....