Official USFIV/GGXrd/P4U TE2 Thread

1232425262729»

Comments

• ArmalyArmaly Joined: Posts: 25
    Tensho wrote: »
    Bezel is solid black.

Thanks.
  • The Drunken MonkeyThe Drunken Monkey OMGZ PEDOBEAR!!1 Joined: Posts: 219
    Not sure if anyone can help me with a TE2 issue, but I removed one of my buttons to clean it and tried snapping it back into place but now the base of the button can rotate while the rest of my other buttons are stuck in place?
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,865
    Is the clear spacer on the button in properly?
  • The Drunken MonkeyThe Drunken Monkey OMGZ PEDOBEAR!!1 Joined: Posts: 219
    I did notice the clear ring under the button. Where is that supposed to be positioned at, exactly?
  • shadowsoldier89shadowsoldier89 Joined: Posts: 8
    So I picked up a hollow shaft, led, and balltop but looking at this PCB I'm not sure where I can wire it in. Anyone with an idea? Or is it possible to wire it into the JLF (Figuring now since the JLF doesnt have a 5V)
  • JMroJMro Joined: Posts: 279
    FYI the TE2+ has a bevel in the plexi which matches the bezel to keep it flush and secure in place
  • PerkolatorPerkolator sernic berm Joined: Posts: 140
    I did notice the clear ring under the button. Where is that supposed to be positioned at, exactly?

it snaps onto the button before you put the button into the stick. sits on top of the artwork itself.
    JMro wrote: »
    FYI the TE2+ has a bevel in the plexi which matches the bezel to keep it flush and secure in place

reeeealllllly? like the original KI one?
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,554

reeeealllllly? like the original KI one?

Yes. I saw a few at CEC on Saturday and all their plexis are flush with the bezel. The Chun-Li TE2s also had flush plexis.

• Nick NastyNick Nasty Lacks Execution Joined: Posts: 150
    Hey guys I have the Chun Li TE2 and I noticed a problem with the stick. The buttons aren't completely on top of the plexi as it should be. Normally I wouldn't care, but over the past several weeks I noticed that dirt has been getting in between the artwork and plexiglass because of this. It looked very unpleasant so I took off the plexiglass to clean the artwork, but I know that's only a temporary fix.

What I'm asking is how can I fix this problem? Do I need thinner plexi? My USF4 TE2's plexis is much thinner and didn't really have dirt trapped (granted it's crazy scuffed) so I'm thinking that's the answer. Thanks in advance.
    The TE2 stock plexi is designed to go around the.buttons instead of under them to make artwork swaps easy. You could replace it with a Tek Innovatuons plexi which goes under the buttons.
  • aszydaszyd Joined: Posts: 505
    Nick Nasty wrote: »
    Hey guys I have the Chun Li TE2 and I noticed a problem with the stick. The buttons aren't completely on top of the plexi as it should be. Normally I wouldn't care, but over the past several weeks I noticed that dirt has been getting in between the artwork and plexiglass because of this. It looked very unpleasant so I took off the plexiglass to clean the artwork, but I know that's only a temporary fix.

What I'm asking is how can I fix this problem? Do I need thinner plexi? My USF4 TE2's plexis is much thinner and didn't really have dirt trapped (granted it's crazy scuffed) so I'm thinking that's the answer. Thanks in advance.

You should pick up a replacement plexi from http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=products&cat=21. Art's version is cut so that the buttons actually snap over the plexi. That should solve your problems.
  • AVCAVC always learning Joined: Posts: 406
    d3v wrote: »
    AVC wrote: »
    Sup guys i have a question how can i make my own art work for my t.e.2?
    I don't have photo shop program and i don't know anyone who can make me one.
    any suggestions will be really appreciated thanks in advance

You willing to pay for a commission?

yes i will pay

• SaunicSaunic Joined: Posts: 65
    edited March 2016
    Probably people have noticed it before, but I played with my friend's blue TE2 yesterday and it had a superior plexi than the Xrd one, similar to the Chun-li and TE2+ one. I am 99% certain I used to play on a blue TE2 that had the same (shitty) plexi as the Xrd one. That means they upgraded it ? Or I am just assuming wrong ?

FYI, I own a Xrd TE2.

Because if they upgraded it, then the Chun-li TE2 is not better than the normal TE2 anymore.
  • DeAnthraxDeAnthrax Joined: Posts: 11
    I currently have a 1st generation TE2; the PS4 GG Xrd edition. The plexiglass that is under it does not sit flush with the bezel like the newer iterations such as the Ryu SFV or Chun Li version of the TE2 and TE2+. From what I can tell from reading this thread, the newer iterations have a plexi that has a bevel on it that allow it to sit flush. What I've also gleaned is that Art's Hobbies' plexi doesn't sit flush either. Does anyone here know anyone that makes one like that, or somewhere I can get a flush one? Thanks in advance.
  • ironzombiironzombi Joined: Posts: 5
    edited April 2016
    I have a te2 ps4 (blue version) and I was expecting all these issues with the plexi but mine also sits flush, so the plexi doesn't move at all.

Also, it closes fine and is not creaking and squeeking when I'm putting pressure on the body of the stick.

So seems like the current TE2's(Chun, +) have been slightly updated.
  • PlayingKarrdePlayingKarrde Entered 77 Joined: Posts: 223
    Has anyone come up with any good solutions for the creaking yet? I've replaced that shitty plexi that comes with it with an Art Hobbies one so at least the stick is usable now, but the creaking still bothers me. I saw someone on another forum mention something about cutting felt letters into strips but I can't imagine finding felt thin enough not to impact the flush finish of the stick (not that it's that flush, there's still a bit of bulging).

I really want to love the TE2 (especially since I have the white special edition) but there are too many caveats still. Sigh.
    Ahab says "I don't care who you are, here's to your dream." Here's to you Ahab.
  • EndRantEndRant Joined: Posts: 227
    I have a persona te2 and mine creaks too but only when I put pressure on it, I have to kinda lean on it to make it creak which I never do, this makes me wonder how many people actually lean on their sticks. I never even rest my hands on the thing. maybe it's just my stick that's not that creaky?
    Don't get me wrong, it's not like it's creaking while I'm playing, but it sounds like an old haunted house when I pick it up and put it down. Sure, it's a nitpick, but this looks (and costs) like a premium product and that kind of thing just really bugs me. I'd like to fix it if I can, but if I can't it won't stop me using (unlike the plexi issue which DID affect my gameplay).
    yeah, that's the only time mine creaks too which bothers me a little bit too but I just got over it. I think the main reason why it doesn't bother me as much is because it was a gift. if I'd paid for it I'd be more annoyed.
  • danimaldanimal West Michigan Joined: Posts: 86
    If the creaking bugs you, you can loosen the hinges a little:
    The hinges are in red, you need to use a small wrench to loosen them. It is much easier if you remove the top panel by unscrewing the 6 screws in green, and then loosening the nuts.

awKxPl1.jpg

@JMro 's image saves the day again.
    Unfortunately it's not the hinges (I have already loosened them). It's the top panel rubbing against the base I'm fairly sure.
  • CeramicdragonCeramicdragon Joined: Posts: 59
    danimal wrote: »
    The hinges are in red, you need to use a small wrench to loosen them. It is much easier if you remove the top panel by unscrewing the 6 screws in green, and then loosening the nuts.

awKxPl1.jpg

Thank you for posting this. It made my blue TE2 more tolerable. I was gonna buy a TES+, but thanks to you, I will just keep my TE2.
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Edison (Nash is his main)
  • PerkolatorPerkolator sernic berm Joined: Posts: 140
    slightly loosening the hinges + few bits of electrical tape on the sides and above the crotch light make any of the original TE2s feel really solid, no need to buy a whole new stick if that was your issue.
  • SaunicSaunic Joined: Posts: 65
    Anyone got the lock button locked before ? I'm using TE2+ on PC and I cant use Start/etc anymore because I cannot unlock the lock.
    TE2 X-input drivers are out.
    http://www.madcatz.com/downloads/
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,415
    TE2 X-input drivers are out.
    http://www.madcatz.com/downloads/

Are these for the Xbone or PS4 versions?
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    PS4 as far as I can tell.
  • dokkydokky Joined: Posts: 14
    danimal wrote: »

awKxPl1.jpg

Thanks SO much for this fix. I've had a PS4 TE2 which had a creak since the day I had it and I learnt to live with it. Now without the creak it is perfect!
  • shadowsoldier89shadowsoldier89 Joined: Posts: 8
    for wiring LEDs, can I take advantage of the pins for the official LED board? I feel like I should be able to if one of those is ground and the other is 5V. Not trying to do anything but simple lights
    so, just got my jasen panel and wanted to put it on my persona te2, is there s a way I can remove it without damaging the artwork? the damn thing is glued on the panel.
  • CMonster1221CMonster1221 Foundation of Albany Joined: Posts: 1,460
    Yea the rivals stick is the same way. I just got a panel too im sure we may need to use a blow dryer to warm up the edges and slowly peel up remove screw then put back down. Debating if I care or not at this point but yea pretty shitty the way it was done since these are supposed to be highly customizable
    "Pad players are like cereal with water. You're just not doing it right."
    http://www.twitch.tv/cmonster1221
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Videojonathan
    I just ripped mine out, kinda screwed up by doing that, the laminate came off the artwork a little bit you really have to stare at it to notice. eh.
  • mR_CaESaRmR_CaESaR Joined: Posts: 718
    So I did a bit of an impulse buy and not really research and bought myself a second hand TE2 (Blue one) it was priced very reasonably and much cheaper than what I would have paid retail.

My initial thoughts - much prefer the OG TE and the VS, whilst the top panel mech is great, to me it compromises the integrity of the top panel. With some pressure I found it flexing quite a bit, not a show stopper but slightly annoying.

What's the go with the Plexi? Rainbows anyone? It also moves around quite a bit and I can feel it move when playing, it's not flush with the bezel, there's probably a 0.5mm difference? I plan on getting Art's plexi eventually (but shipping of USD50 to Australia hurts), hopefully it fixes that issue since Art's plexi installs the old school way where the buttons snap on top of the plexi and not around the button like the TE2 seems to be doing.

Finally, can replacement bezels and side panels be purchased anywhere? The Mad Catz store (store.madcatz.com) seems to be broken.
  • filphilfilphil Joined: Posts: 17
    I called mad catz about the bezels and sides. They're moving their store sales to amazon and those parts won't be available until "some time around summer". In the mean time I'm going to buy a bezel and paint it white since there's no white option at the moment.
    more than happy to do that, just checked Amazon but the items don't ship to Australia :(
    Anybody watch Tokyo Button Mashers over the weekend? Anyone notice the all black TE2+?

Are they Japanese exclusive?

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01EJHA96O/ref=s9_simh_gw_g63_i1_r?pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=02RDKWPT1SX43NV438MN&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=302362649&pf_rd_i=desktop

Would like to go for an all black TE2+ out of box and it appears the only way is to import from Japan. Anybody else know of other retailers that will sell these all black TE2+'s?
  • Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989
    Not the biggest deal in the world, since it's gonna get the @Jasen Hicks EZ-MOD Brook UFB treatment pretty soon, but...

My USF4 XBox360 TE2 doesn't get recognized (driver missing message) on my new Win 8.1 PC (64bit OS/Intel CPU/MSI Mobo).

It runs fine on XBox360 (Duh), and on my old Win 7 PC (32bit OS/AMD CPU/GigaByte Mobo).

I had been previously using a Fightstick Alpha on the new PC with the MadCatz driver to make it work with SFV on PC.

When I plugged in the TE2 it wasn't recognized, so I thought the MC driver was the problem, and uninstalled it.

When I plugged in the TE2 again afterwards, it still wasn't recognized.

I then downloaded & installed the official Microsoft XBox360 controller drivers: Xbox 360 Accessories Software 1.2 64-bit for Windows 7 , but again it still wasn't recognized. :cry:

What gives?
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
  • FalkentyneFalkentyne Joined: Posts: 576
    Rather easy.
    If you already installed the drivers, go to device manager (or better yet, Devices and Printers), go to the unidentified device or whatever its called, go to properties, go to the field for the driver and click on update driver. click on ill choose the driver to install, look for Microsoft xbox controller class or 1.2 or 2.1 xbox 360 driver, whatever it is, I think the date is 8/13/2009, and install it that way.
  • nMonMo Joined: Posts: 20
    edited June 2016
    13495527_10154928328928625_6090083594578195570_o.jpg
    i need help finding the home button ( optional turbo settings with the switches )

• deejaycribdeejaycrib Joined: Posts: 60
    @nMo

1-off/on/haptic
    2-lock/unlock
    3-home/guide
    4-common line for buttons
    5-player led cathode
    6-ir led cathode
    7-clock (HC164:pin8-CLOCK)
    8-data (HC164:pin2-A2)
    9-player led anode
    10-ir led anode
    11-5v
    12-gnd
  • noober2noober2 Pre 09 member Joined: Posts: 400
    has someone found a work around for a broken latch, the tab broke off my case.
    Can always get creative with a hot glue gun a Dremel and magnets.
  • noober2noober2 Pre 09 member Joined: Posts: 400
    Can always get creative with a hot glue gun a Dremel and magnets.

damn thats actually a good idea
  • pbsk8pbsk8 Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey guys,

I got a madcatz TE2 GGxrd edition since launch 2 years ago. I use it occasionally, playing a few hours a week.

Its stick is now not working anymore properly, on SFV for example, I cant even do a horyuken move when I am on left side of screen.

Should a buy exactly a new stick from sanwa or a seimitsu ls-32 would do a better job?

Also when I close the lid it doesnt fit properly and does noise when making the moves, it is a problem with the hinges mentioned above?

I dont know any other forum thread to get replies for my questions on this matter, I hope I can get here.

• deejaycribdeejaycrib Joined: Posts: 60
    edited April 19
    hi everyone i have a problem with my stick TE2+ :(
    just when i activate "up" is stay up all the time :(
    like this :
    someone know how i can fix this?

• El SabrosoEl Sabroso Streamer from Monterrey, MX Joined: Posts: 28
    My TE2 USB cord might have died, will confirm with a friend to test with another cord, where we can find that USB cord these days ?
  • SuperkingSuperking dat mooney dolemite Joined: Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    El Sabroso wrote: »
    My TE2 USB cord might have died, will confirm with a friend to test with another cord, where we can find that USB cord these days ?

They sell them on amazon.com.

Anyone painted their bezel? I have a Rivals TE2 and I really don't like the orange. The only bezel still available to buy comes in just red.

I want to paint mine white. Basically what kind of paint should I use or spray paint for that matter.
    DS: she's looking hot in that interview, fuck, keep in mind, i don't have yellow fever, i just know a hot girl when i see one, gonna rape her and call her julia chang
    Superking: lol
    DS: julia chang for life
    edited 7:11AM
    Found this on reddit

Sand 100-200 grit
    Spray primer (let it cure for 24 hrs)
    x2 Spray base color (let cure for 24 hrs)
    Spray clear or matte coat let cure for (24-48 hrs)
    Wet sand 800-1000 grit
    Polish with NuFinish swirl remover

So just plain old spray paint I guess.

Though this was for the side panels rather than the bezel. Don't know if there's any difference.