Must knows for CapCom players...

SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
Got anything? I just started using him. I traded him in for storm since I can't do anything I could at the arcade so I'm stuck playing it on DC.

Any air combos, strats would be very useful. thanks :looney:

Comments

• Radiant93Radiant93 -Radiant- Joined: Posts: 596
    errr? traded for storm? what do you mean by that? as an assist dude? hell storm+CC is a good team.

s.hk. -> corridorXXCaptain Sword.. or just do the corridorXXCaptain Sword thing.

well, indeed this is a Capcom thread. When falling from a sj. try to do hk. does wonders sometimes.
    MvC2: MSP / GGXX:AC: Anji Mito / T6BR: Ling Xiaoyu / SF4: El Fuerte / BBCS2: Mu-12

- AV by TetsuAKA -
  • TigerboiTigerboi C.R.E.A.M. Joined: Posts: 2,109
    J hp has alot of priority, abuse it.

HK throw does crazy damage when mashed.

Hoovar has no uses that I've seen.

Sent drones is a great assist for him.

I've seen players use Jennety to groud break.

Sho is IMO the best commando strike.
    Marvel sucks.
  • tindiamondtindiamond l\/ll2l0!l\ll Joined: Posts: 419
    c.lk c.fp super with the kicks, don't know what its called. When I play commando alone, I use that ninja, flying mummie for chip and sometimes the baby on the rocket.
    you see that? fucken hurt! - Mr. Pink eyes
    oh yeah, and the mummy is a good gaurd breaker.
    Marvel sucks.
  • JSN723JSN723 Joined: Posts: 684
    crouching fk--->capt corridor
    >captain storm in the corner connects if they dont roll and you do it fast. As in while theyre bouncing from the impact of the corridor.
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,650
    crouching fk--->capt corridor
    >captain storm in the corner connects if they dont roll and you do it fast. As in while theyre bouncing from the impact of the corridor.

they actually dont have to be in the corner, just the side of the screen.
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Outspoken User. Joined: Posts: 11,639
    If he is your last character.

Jump back fierces ALL DAY.

You can (attempt) to tick throw him too with cr.lk into his Kick throw (which glitches out if you mast helluh)

Uh, if they try to rush you, say with Magneto or Sentinel...Ninja (qcf+lk) Commando and Mummy Command (qcf+HK) are really good. Uh, Baby commando (qcf+ lk+hp) if timed right stuffs Hail Storm.

Wave Dash mix up helps too so you can hit confirm cr.lk, cr.hp xx Captain Storm (qcf x's 2 with kicks)

A lot of people turtle when it's 1 on 1. so jump in fierces help a lot too cause sometimes you can make it act as an over head.

-SH
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Fuck $RK

www.breakdancingrobot.com
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Jump back fierces ALL DAY.
    Jump forward fierce sometimes to mix it up.

I'm being sarcastic. Kind of. ^_^

Uh, if they try to rush you, say with Magneto or Sentinel...Ninja (qcf+lk) Commando and Mummy Command (qcf+HK) are really good. Uh, Baby commando (qcf+ lk+hp) if timed right stuffs Hail Storm.

-SH

I'd actually say that captain fire is a much option in that situation.
    Marvel sucks.
    I'd actually say that captain fire is a much option in that situation.
    No, it's not. If they block Captain Fire you probably just died.
    j.lp is his best move for air to air combat, so if you feel somebody is going to try jump you, you can try to j.lp, dash under for combo. jump back fp all day really onlly works if you have an assist. i mean really...if all you have is capcom left and they have 2 characters left....i wud juss watch u, maybe throw fireballs or something xD

the rub with capcom is that he CAN comeback sometimes, it just requires KNOWING what the opponent is going to do...lets face it, you need to land capcom blast to the sword to comeback lol. sometimes the only way to do that vs a halfway good opponent is to leave yourself completely vunerable and then cancel to the sword of doom.

other decent tactics against decent players are using the different versions of captain fire xx captain sword. the fp version combos and does GREAT damage BUT is rollable actually on reaction, but your eyes have to be trained for the combo really...if they haven't seen it done a lot they wont notice or think about rolling. after you have the opponent thinking about that combo, you can get the lp fire xx sword out which resets cuz it doesn't knock them on their back and can be blocked xD very ghetto but i mean...haha, what are you supposed to do, you ahve CAPCOM =_=

sometimes if i can get them to block a close s.lp, i either go for rh throw (which everybody is looking to break for some odd reason), or c.rh. the c.rh is for the people looking to break this throw with a passion. after the c.rh dont automatically pound the ground, wait to see if they rolled, if they didn't then do it, but c.rh autopound = death if rolled.

hope this helped =_=
    No, it's not. If they block Captain Fire you probably just died.

I can see that. But I never use the baby becuase I found it horribly unsafe. I mean, it's been a while since I used it, however...
    Marvel sucks.
  • shoultzulashoultzula whatsyoursismines! Joined: Posts: 4,503
    I can see that. But I never use the baby becuase I found it horribly unsafe. I mean, it's been a while since I used it, however...

The one great thing about the baby is that once it explodes, mando can instantly block. Unlike his other ninjas. If the qcf+lk or qcf+rh ninja get taken out of the air, mando is still in recovery frames but not for the baby.

It makes for a great relayer tool because most assist will stop the baby allowing mando to follow up that projectile. However, if your opponent is smart enough to simply move around the baby, that tactic becomes useless but it does come in handy @ times. Mando needs every tactic available to him.
    I don't have it but watch me get it.
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Outspoken User. Joined: Posts: 11,639
    Assist 2 is the best color.

-SH
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Fuck $RK

www.breakdancingrobot.com
  • sealhuntasealhunta Joined: Posts: 947
    i find doing

c.lk, c.mk, c.hp, captain fire, captain sword

more reliable then using captain corridor because if u dont do it fast enough the corridor will launch them too high and when u do captain sword u will only add on like 3 points of damage lol.

i think its rollable, but i still use this if i get in a clean hit on the ground
  • disgruntled goadisgruntled goa Joined: Posts: 338
    i find doing

c.lk, c.mk, c.hp, captain fire, captain sword

more reliable then using captain corridor because if u dont do it fast enough the corridor will launch them too high and when u do captain sword u will only add on like 3 points of damage lol.

i think its rollable, but i still use this if i get in a clean hit on the ground

The damage is good but this is definately rollable. It probably won't work more than once against anyone who knows what they're doing.

To get full hits out of captain sword after a corridor, cancel the corridor as late as possible. Maybe it's just a psychological thing but I find that this helps.
    It's supposed to say disgruntled goat. *sigh* oh well.
  • AugmintAugmint Joined: Posts: 727 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    One thing he can do is Hk throw *backwards* onto drones when he's in the corner (don't mash the Hk throw) drones hit and push them into the corner again where you can do hp, hk into super or aircombo.

Good to use sometimes instead of a guard break - do Mummy, move close, Call drones and grab.
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,650
    you can do captain firexxcaptain sword and DHC after you get the full damage
  • MixahMixah Joined: Posts: 8,130
    Queso!!!

his s.hp beats out a lot of meter building strats..

dont' do his spin kick, as it's almost entirely useless unless you're just doing it to look flashy....

c.hp xx cap storm
    c.hp xx qcf+lk is godlike. every combo, whether you hit or not should end with that.. it's a really good way to keep him safe... they block a launcher? just do qcf+lk.
    Beat... That's all.
  • Deth-ScyanydeDeth-Scyanyde The Lost Messiah... Joined: Posts: 626
    Captain Kick can be used for a quick cross-up attempt when using assists such as drones.

Only use the sweep when you 'condition' the opponent to block high OFTEN.

Jabs to tick the RK throw when close...mix it up with block strings into Sho for good chip/pushback.

Never do Captain Fire without some sort ov cover for even if it's blocked you'll surely die.

CapCom strat vs Sent HSF: c.FP through the first set ov drones,Corridor thru the second set, then Captain Storm thru the third before Sent has enough time to recover...iirc...

CapCom infinite against sent (not as easy as it looks, trust me!!):
    <nj.RK, land, nj.LK, nj.LP, nj.RK, land, repeat>
    The timing on the three hits must be spaced so that by the time you hit the apex ov your jump you're coming down with j.RK at about Sent's neck level. Any higher and you won't cause enough hitstun for the next set ov hits to combo afterward. This infinite isn't very practical but if you're able to master it it makes your j.FP/RK attempts on a standing Sent a threat.
    I'm on random accounts on XBL, good luck finding me...LOL!
    Team Hellscythe - Wesker, Dormammu, Doom
    Benchwarmers - Skrull, Nemesis, Firebrand, (Phoenix)
    Fuck Vergils, Spencers & Taskmasters...90% of Wesker players are trash.
  • BeaTs*BeaTs* ∞ Consciousness Joined: Posts: 6,518
    he is fucking invincible during qcb+p...ugh!

the worst one was when the explosion ended, but he still had his arm in the ground, psylocke went straight through...no hit at all. That was the most ridiculous (out of the many other ridiculous displays of his invinicibility)

with drones backing him up, he is a force to be reckoned with. even 1 on 1, he has a lot of tools...
    Love and Light Arcana, Awakening comes in Flower Multilayers
    Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Arcana Heart 3 matches and combos: youtube.com/juanniG
    yeh, i've noticed a little trend of some santhrax players bringing out capcom on point just to take advantage of those afore-mentioned tools. in some situations, this is not a bad idea
    he is fucking invincible during qcb+p...ugh!

the worst one was when the explosion ended, but he still had his arm in the ground, psylocke went straight through...no hit at all. That was the most ridiculous (out of the many other ridiculous displays of his invinicibility)

with drones backing him up, he is a force to be reckoned with. even 1 on 1, he has a lot of tools...

IIRC, psy assist misses because capcom is too low to the ground, not because of 'invincibility'.

a crouching strider also dodges psy for the same reason. he's a small sprite.
  • J360J360 The Iron GOD! Joined: Posts: 1,131
    hes not invincible, instead of short do something like c.rh with mags, it will prevent it from starting, ive even seen c.lk beat it on startup several times.
    "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know which one is the coconut @~@"
  • MixupMixup .. Joined: Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    time that shit 2 counter his corridor

pretty funny when ur fighting vs magneto and he just dashin in clk vs capcom assist
    Rip-Craig-Brian-Ian-Mark-Debbie-Michael
    ~EMS~"I was right in the middle of a fucking reptile zoo, and somebody was giving booze to these goddamn things."
  • AugmintAugmint Joined: Posts: 727 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    EVO East GF set 1 - Justin misses unblockable on commando - commando lands - Sanford hits the Rocket punch follow up with qcb + P ...super DHC to Hail

around 2:47
  • DeathfistDeathfist Joined: Posts: 714 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The knock-back off a Capcom assist isn't instant. Knowing this lets you combo off it in some situations you otherwise wouldn't, and makes it possible to use as a combo extender and or igniter. Let me give you some examples...

Amingo-y, Capcom-b, Sentinel-y
    I've done combos with Amingo where I called Capcom-b, dashballed, and vertical vinebladed mid-screen, and the vine super will now combo every time without exception on everyone perfectly. Because the hitstun is so massive, I can DHC in any order with this team.

BH-Capcom
    Drop Capcom, and block. If they eat it, wait, inferno XX HOD
    -Vs Magento specifically, his hitbox thins at a part that makes this very hard to time, but it's doable.
    -This works on the majority of the cast. It doesn't work on Sentinel

Cable-b
    Knowing this, you can easily study what a hit looks like vs a blocked one, and AHVB someone off any random Capcom hit before the flyback starts for all their health. You can't do this from the ground if you want to AHVB right away, you'll have to jump first, and wait for the Capcom hit. That said, you can wait, see if they get hit, sj hp, and AHVBx3 them if the hp hits them. The air Hp can combo off the Capcom-b assist almost every time, it's just hard to time. Nobody besides me did this when I was a tourney player.

This is just a few examples. It should be common knowledge, but it's a definite must know IMO.
    Deathfist:
    -CONQUER, DOMINATE, OWN-
    -outwhatever your victim.