HORI Fighting Commander 4 for PS3 and PS4

2»

Comments

• YungPapiYungPapi Joined: Posts: 3
    just got this today, two questions...

1. is there a touchpad equivalent button on this (testing out the pad on Injustice ps4 and that resets training i believe)
    2. Is there any way i can use this pad on 360 maybe via a converter, if so which converter

Any info would be great

gracias
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,500
    YungPapi wrote: »
    just got this today, two questions...

1. is there a touchpad equivalent button on this (testing out the pad on Injustice ps4 and that resets training i believe)
    2. Is there any way i can use this pad on 360 maybe via a converter, if so which converter

Any info would be great

gracias

1) Nope.
    2) Nope. There are no recommended retail converters for PS3->X360 or vice-versa.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga

1) Nope.
    2) Nope. There are no recommended retail converters for PS3->X360 or vice-versa.

Can't see the touchpad being integral to any fighting game so that's not too bad.

Aw fuck, only reason i wanted a converter was to get used to the pad for USF4 before the PS4 version comes out.

What other fighting games are there to try out besides Injustice in the meantime on PS4?

• C-SwordC-Sword Joined: Posts: 744
    edited December 2014
    Guilty Gear Xrd

C-Sword wrote: »
    Guilty Gear Xrd

I'll check that out, might have to import as it doesn't seem to be out in Europe.

Can i get the pad modded to work on 360?

YungPapi wrote: »
    Can i get the pad modded to work on 360?
    Yep. As far as I know, the only person who's done it is @Gummo, although it was with a Fighting Commander 3 Pro, not 4.
    Basically you need to trim down both a Mad Catz 360 Fightstick PCB and an ImpV2, and cram it all in there. If I recall, it's a straightforward mod, but not trivial, due to physical (rather than technical/electrical) limitations.
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
  • Kid KaosKid Kaos Embrace Shadaloo Joined: Posts: 1,072
    pics of the board? i read that its easily pad hackable.
    All that remains are just peices of the past
  • stotkastotka Joined: Posts: 40
    Anyone use the FC4 pcb for a stick? Is it easier to use than the DS4? I cant find pics of the pcb :(
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,395
    stotka wrote: »
    Anyone use the FC4 pcb for a stick? Is it easier to use than the DS4? I cant find pics of the pcb :(

If you read the actual tread you notice none has posted pictures or made a guide yet.
    po pimpus wrote:
    That's sad as fuck.
    Darksakul wrote: »
    If you read the actual tread you notice none has posted pictures or made a guide yet.

Thats why I asked if someone has done it, but maybe didnt post about it.

• GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,515
    I've modded a hitbox with it already.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
    So can you tell if you ran into any problems?
    No problems. It's a easy padhack. Just inconvenient to obtain the pad.
    Thanks!
    edited January 2015
    Started a 3rd party ps4 pad thread. So far only have padhack info on the fighting commander 4 posted, but will add the guilty gear pad later on and any future ones should they come out.
    forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/194825/third-party-ps4-padhack-options
    Post edited by d3v on
  • rubyluvcowrubyluvcow Joined: Posts: 1
    Does the Hori FC4 work on American PS4?

Trying to do research if i should buy one but can't find anything confirming if it works on american ps4 units.
    rubyluvcow wrote: »
    Does the Hori FC4 work on American PS4?

Trying to do research if i should buy one but can't find anything confirming if it works on american ps4 units.

There is no region lockout on controllers on any Sony console.
    Reason you can't find anything because its a moot point.
    po pimpus wrote:
    That's sad as fuck.
  • AkelisrainAkelisrain Joined: Posts: 1
    edited December 2014
    Edit: never mind, sorry for necro bump
    Post edited by Akelisrain on
  • PixelpissPixelpiss Joined: Posts: 2
    Anyone use this thing for Guilty gear xrd?
    Pixelpiss wrote: »

Yes, it's better than the dualshock 4, but it's still not that great, it's kind of annoying that the dpad rotates on its own after doing a lot of Volcanic Vipers.

• PixelpissPixelpiss Joined: Posts: 2

Yes, it's better than the dualshock 4, but it's still not that great, it's kind of annoying that the dpad rotates on its own after doing a lot of Volcanic Vipers.

oh well i guess it will do for now untill ps4 fightsticks get abit cheaper.
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,452
    Padhack or sell that sucker if the pad craps on you.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,766 mod

Yep, that's been the biggest issue with the Fighting Commander Pro line. The non Pro versions of the 3 didn't have that.
    edited January 2015

d3v wrote: »

Yep, that's been the biggest issue with the Fighting Commander Pro line. The non Pro versions of the 3 didn't have that.

I have the non-pro as well, but it's not very comfortable to hold and the dpad is super stiff. The Sega Saturn controller is the best.

• EndRantEndRant Joined: Posts: 246
    I posted this is another thread which I guess it was the wrong one, the commander 4 is up for pre order more on Amazon for the states
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00TKLFES8/ref=pd_aw_sbs_vg_11?refRID=12ZXPM07Q77ZDMG559XS
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Got a chance to try this out recently. This should be banned in tournaments, it is possible to cheat with it. Dunno how many people have actually bothered with this, but a friend had it and I was like hey lemme fiddle with it. Basically you can adjust it it like gives you leeway to block things with out blocking them while still doing shit etc. Anyway umm ya its not really fair... dunno if this has ever been looked into, but its really obvious for certain things you can just take your hand off the pad and there are clear instances of your dude doing things that shouldnt be possible to do.
    Got a chance to try this out recently. This should be banned in tournaments, it is possible to cheat with it. Dunno how many people have actually bothered with this, but a friend had it and I was like hey lemme fiddle with it. Basically you can adjust it it like gives you leeway to block things with out blocking them while still doing shit etc. Anyway umm ya its not really fair... dunno if this has ever been looked into, but its really obvious for certain things you can just take your hand off the pad and there are clear instances of your dude doing things that shouldnt be possible to do.
    You'll definitely have to be a bit more specific on this.
    Do what exactly? In what game? On what platform?
    Repro steps? Videos?
    I'm genuinely curious.

Looking for:

You know its also possible to cheat with a basic wired PS3 controller too right ?

I agree with @FreedomGundam we need more details that that.

I have the Hori Fighting Commander Pro and I got no idea what you are even talking about.
    Only thing I can think of is the d-pad getting stuck, in which it self wouldn't make the game pad banned.
    po pimpus wrote:
    That's sad as fuck.
  • FearTheFuhajinFearTheFuhajin Trying to git gud Joined: Posts: 212
    Since I won't have a stick for a little while, I'll be using this. I'll post my thoughts on it soon after
    Playstation Network: TaiteFGC
    Steam ID: TaiteFGC

UMVC3 Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye (RIP MAHVEL)
    SFV Karin
    GGXrd Faust

I wish I could change my username...
    Check out this guide created by myself and the boys over at the Sakura thread (RIP USF4): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eeIc5GM3waM3fYhz2UefmD9gznynb56yeMFD16MYLhQ/pub
  • LagannLagann Sorry for bad english, you know the drill Joined: Posts: 15
    Anyone know if it's normal to the HFC4 to auto disconnect from the PS4 after a certain amount of time?

I usually wait for matches in the training stage, then, when I went to a match, win or lose, the go back to training, if I don't press anything for a certain ammount of time the controller disconnects and I need to press PS button again.

Btw, I have the auto controller turn off disabled in the PS4 settings.
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 551
    edited October 12
    I know this is an old thread, but the newer style Fighting Commander has been out for a minute. The one the is more Segaish looking that the first version. Doesn't have the longer side on the left anymore. Does the dpad on that one work better since it doesn't have that rotating and other crap on it? Is it a more sturdy dpad because of this? Lemme know. Later!
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    I know this is an old thread, but the newer style Fighting Commander has been out for a minute. The one the is more Segaish looking that the first version. Doesn't have the longer side on the left anymore. Does the dpad on that one work better since it doesn't have that rotating and other crap on it? Is it a more sturdy dpad because of this? Lemme know. Later!

Actually, the more symmetrical version of the Fighting Commander was already a design that Hori used as the "Fighting Commander 3", which came out BEFORE the asymmetrical "Fighting Commander 3 Pro" in the PS3 era.
    As far as I know (I have the FC3 but never used it much), I don't recall the D-pad being any better or worse (both in terms of functionality but I can't say as much for durability) than the one in the version with the rotating D-pad.

Mind you, the design with the rotating D-pad does have an advantage: since the D-pad portion is modular and can be simply unplugged, it's relatively easy to get replacements from people who have padhacked the controller (assuming they've kept the spare modules like I have).

Looking for:
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,281

Actually, the more symmetrical version of the Fighting Commander was already a design that Hori used as the "Fighting Commander 3", which came out BEFORE the asymmetrical "Fighting Commander 3 Pro" in the PS3 era.
    As far as I know (I have the FC3 but never used it much), I don't recall the D-pad being any better or worse (both in terms of functionality but I can't say as much for durability) than the one in the version with the rotating D-pad.

Mind you, the design with the rotating D-pad does have an advantage: since the D-pad portion is modular and can be simply unplugged, it's relatively easy to get replacements from people who have padhacked the controller (assuming they've kept the spare modules like I have).
    I have found the more Sega-esque HFC (hereafter referred to as SHFC) to be more durable than the asymmetric version (no moving parts around the d-pad to wear out). The rubber membranes for the shoulder buttons and face buttons are interchangeable between the two models. The d-pad membrane sadly is not. I personally have three of the SHFC that I rotate between to avoid wearing any of them out too badly. I wish that the X-Box One versions shell was interchangeable with the PS4 one as the white shell looks pretty slick.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 551
    Ok cool. Well I had one of these before and sold it because I was gung-ho on Hitbox and stick but I got one back again off Amazon.com and like it a lot for Tekken 7. I can actually move around with it. Anyway thanks for your input. I'll see how it holds up. They are only $40 so I guess if it conks out in a couple of months I'll just pick up another one.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
2»