Everdred Teaches Remy

EverdredEverdred seriously casual Joined: Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
This thread will continue off of the first Remy Tactics Thread

I started this thread inorder to have a forum for players to ask question about playing as remy and for ppl to learn new strats and oddities while playing as Remy.

i learned the reason why remy inches forward everytime u perform an EX low LOV, the reason is that your kara canceling the standing roundhouse into the move itself... so everytime u do it u inch forward from the roundhouse pixel start up. if u dont use the roundhouse kick as a button for the EX u will not have to worry about inching forward while u do Remy's LOV rapidd fire.

Ask any questions this could be the general Remy strats thread. anyone is welcome to add strats to this thread also.
IG kleofus_hagel
Psn kleofus_hagel

Comments

• agentzagentz has vegan powers Joined: Posts: 330
    I've got a question on parrying/red parrying into SAIII

Is the timing on doing the super just incredibly fast? I've read (from Remy Stryker) that you can "fireball motion red parry" but I thought that the joystick had to go through neutral in order to parry? If thats the case, then you would have to red parry, qcfx2 which isn't the easiest thing in the world to do.
    Low short, throw
  • EverdredEverdred seriously casual Joined: Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    everyone has seen situations where a shoto will go from a low parry to a hadoken or hurricane kick by acident off from a parry since part of the motion of doing both moves starts with the down position.

remy stryker posted up before that in order to do a red parry into SA3 u'll have to do a QCF for a parry making the last part of the motion the actual parry... once this is done all u need to do is do the other QCF and then press kick.

seeing as a shoto can accidently do a down parry off of a directional move the whole sequence of a QCF parry seems hard but i believe the window of opportunity that the forward point on the joystick for the parry falls into should be pretty liberal and loose.
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
    just learned something new tonight might as well share it, dont think anyone stated this before either...

CBK follow up can be really risky especially since after a point blank SHORT CBK u land pretty much within throw range of the character u just hit.

i learned that remy can squeeze in a close standing short, forward or roundhouse kick right after hitting someone with a point blank SHORT CBK and HE WON'T BE THROWN OUT OF IT, all three close standing kicks done at the right time actually counters the throw attempt of the opponent.

the easiest follow up kick i think would be a tie between the close standing roundhouse and close standing short, i've only been able to get the forward to come out like twice. the forward follow up would probably be the most useful due to the link capability into SA2 after seeing it hit but the follow up is VERY difficult to land when an opponent is throwing the moment they r able to.

oh and a great way to practice throw countering with CBK's is to go into the parry training option and set the dummy on throw over and over again (just mash on throw rapidly) this will make it that if u hit the computer with something as soon as they recover they will do a throw.
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
  • lotuslotus Puddin Pops Joined: Posts: 1,573
    wow great info

I got some question about partition charging.. sorry if it seems a bit repititious but that is how we are suppsoed to use remy.

because there are 6 buttons to press 3 punches and 3 kicks they all have different timing...

if we FIRST throw a SB either high or low in the slowest speed (jab or short) is the timer longer or shorter if we decided to OTHERWISE throw high/low SB in the highest speed (roundhouse/fierce) and then throw another sb using partition?

sorry if the question is really complicated...
    but it's been on my mind for quite some time

thx in advance
    Foster and polish
    The warior spirit
    While serving in the world;
    Illuminate the path
    According to your inner light.
    i dont really fully understand your question so i'll just write a whole bunch of stuff concerning it...

the charge times for all LOV's are the same

BUT...

using the japanese method of throwing a LOV, it cuts down the charge time for the next LOV from like 1,2 frames of charge to zero...

the frame rate for each animation for each version of LOV is different tho in that remy will be stuck in an animation longer or shorter to complete throwing the LOV depending on what button u pressed.

if u charge a LOV and throw it using the jap method with the short kick version immediately after (if done correctly) u will have enough charge stored for a high LOV at any strength.

this method doesnt work correctly for the jab version of the LOV because since the total frame rate is like 7 or 8 (i think) u wont have enough time to charge another LOV while u throw the first one... u'll have to keep charging for another 1 to 2 frames.

the way rapid fire works with remy, and multiple shoulder tackles with urien works is that inorder for the next attack to come out u must have stored enough charge WHILE your doing a move.... so whenever u see remy rapid fire LOV's the player is charging a LOV while he's performing one... once u do the motiion of the LOV and u dont have enough stored it'll stop. but if u charged correctly it'll come out.

its possible to...
    throw a short LOV... walk forward a bit... then throw another short... walk forward a bit... then throw another short LOV over, and over and over again because if u do a perfect charge through one short LOV than it will be stored for a little more than two seconds allowing u throw a LOV, step forward and UOH and then do an crouching short into EX low LOV... and all this time u r also free to parry if u decide not to do any of the following after the LOV.

i dont think dashes store charge forever, stored charge "goes away" after a set time limit.
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
    great info yet again

my question is something like this

for SBs.. between short and roundhouse.... which allows us to throw the next high SB quicker?
    Foster and polish
    The warior spirit
    Illuminate the path
    Originally posted by lotus
    great info yet again

my question is something like this

for SBs.. between short and roundhouse.... which allows us to throw the next high SB quicker?

short
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
    here is another neat trick i was playing around with while in practice mode.

its possible to kara cancel the CBK with standing strong. it gives u a huge distance advantage.
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
    i figured what kara throw is.. (strong + throw)

but... explain the kara cancel to cbk thingy!

so you press forward... and then close to the end of the animation you... put the input for a cbk?
    Foster and polish
    The warior spirit
    Illuminate the path
    just do QCB then hit strong first followed closely by any kick button.
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
    i havent wrote anything in a while, here r a few things i've been messing with while playing some ppl casually.

reading the frame rate data off of karathrow dot com has gotten me to start using the standing far strong more often. its a very good poke.

it's remy's best anti air( stand out of sweep range and spearhand them in the foot as soon as u see there feet come off the ground)

has good reach for poking standing opponents at far off distances(hugo and q cant duck it ABUSE IT)

and has a pretty nifty recovery time (so many neat air to ground parries i let kens have that result in them losing 20-30% life)

one tactic i use the standing far strong with is i'll throw a short LOV chase it and then standing strong the opponent while they r blocking or parrying it...

the standing strong will whiff if the opponent blocks or parries the low LOV right? i use it for a baiting trap because since i am standing it will give the opponent the thought of striking low with a move after they either blocked/parried the low LOV.

u just down parry after u throw out the standing strong, do a crouching strong into super or just tag them with a CBK for good damage since they r crouching for it.
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
    great tips evered

speaking of.. parrying.... this is where my game sucks... obviously remy can't be charging back for the whole game or else he'll be stuck in corners.

I can parry but ... i just throw something weak like a short... or forward or strong something like that

hmm.. any good combos after parrying a standing/ground attack when the guy is fairly close to you??
    Foster and polish
    The warior spirit
    Illuminate the path
    i think the best thing to do after a ground parry is just crouching fierce. u get a juggle combo and u wouldnt have wasted the parry opportunity. but in reality u wont have many after parry situations to squeeze in a crouching fierce. other things u can do after u parry r

short CBK
    forward, roundhouse chain
    forward, short CBK
    fierce, short CBK
    3 crouching jabs, roundhouse RRF

if u have bar crouching strong or short, super
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
    on a standing ryu its possible to do a jumping fierce punch then into a cr. strong into a LOV, into another cr. strong and then finish it with a rh RRF.

i did this on a normal non stunned ryu in the corner. so it might be possible to do consecutive crouching strongs into LOV's till your out of distance.

one combo i did on ryu also was a jumping fierce into a standing fierce into LOV into crouch strong, i didnt finish the combo tho cus the RRF is out of range. and if u did a LOV it doesnt hit in time to catch him while he is in hit stun. so best bets r just to try a EX LOV or a super right after.

something i've been trying to do lately is do a normal jump in combo with jumping fierce into stand strong and then in LOV, but then i wanna walk for a millimeter and hit standing forward. i never do it in time tho.... i swear if its some how possible to do that....:confused:

just someone tell me its possible.
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
    fooling around in my DC one day I noticed when remy is in crouch block position and throwing out or strong + (pushing the stick forward) will make remy do the move as mentioned above + immediately throw a high lov without needed to press strong a second time

this works with short too..... but remy would do a crouching short + low lov.

some of you people may have discovered this already..I did long ago

but i'm wondering if there's any tricks or multiples that can be used with this

a couple of times while fooling around in practice mode I canceled crouching short in EX low LOV.. blah but i dunno what the hell i did. lol
    Foster and polish
    The warior spirit
    Illuminate the path
    jumping fierce, standing fierce, EX high LOV, crouching strong, EX low LOV does 60 points of damage to ryu standing in the corner.

in order to be in range for the crouching strong u need to cancel the standing fierce as soon as possible into the LOV.

after the EX low LOV u can combo into either super... learning to store charge and rapid fire booms makes remy able to come out with some massively damaging combos.

instead of doing the first EX high LOV u could replace it with a strong LOV i believe and still be able to link the crouching strong into the EX low LOV.

heres another trick with dash RRF's from a thrown LOV u can do the command b to d/f and then press the punch or kick button and hold the d/f position till u can move once u can just dash once and RRF, i can do this at 90-100% of the time now.

u can dash twice and do this by doing a f, d/f motion twice then when u land just do a crouching short and then RRF. but if u r chasing a LOV dont charge down while u throw it.

lotus i forget what its called but everyone in the game can do that, i think it might be called negative edge or something cool like that where instead of pressing a buttn to finish a special move u release it as u complete a directional command part.
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
    nice combos evered now if only they were easy to remember... and activate before i get arthuritis...what arcade stick you using again?

hmmm still trying to figure out

cr strong...+ low EX lov

sometimes high lov comes out (probably from the cr block, strong, fwd)

sometimes only a low lov comes out.

practice makes perfect! or unless there's a trick to this.
    Foster and polish
    The warior spirit
    Illuminate the path
    2 D's in the name.

after anti air jab, short chain, u can play a mix up game

u could crouching short into super
    u could UOH
    kara throw
    u could POH

after a jab, short chain on a grounded opponent u could
    standing forward
    do a CBK
    kara UOH
    kara throw with strong
    dash and throw/cr. short/jab, short chain/CBK/RRF/UOH/POH

after a neutral throw or if your further than your short CBK range u could do a kara cancelled short CBK, and literally hit the opponent for free cus they will not be blocking or expecting to parry it especially if they KNOW u r too far for the short version at that distance. the most they could expect to do to counter would probably sweep your recovery if u fall short, but since u kara cancelled it u'll nail them in the big toe with it and be in a good position to RRF if they do anything after or dash up and throw/CBK if they start to block or react by teching your throw.

i noticed something while playing in the arcade against flash g. he picked necro, i noticed that necro's throw speed can easily throw Remy after a hit CBK at point blank (short version) i only got i think only 1 RRF after a hit CBK, but then after he started using his ryu, i was easily able to hit him with a RRF everytime i got a point blank short CBK on him. i think the throw speeds for the normal jab + short r different for every character which would explain the difficulty in countering with the RRF on necro, and the ease of countering since ryu probably has a slower start up on his.

does anyone know if this is true? and if it is true does anyone know where i can read the frame data for each character's throw speed?
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
    walk/dash underneath ppl who just jump over u and do SA1 while they r in the air... WORKS PRETTY WELL IF U DASHED OUT OF THE CORNER
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
  • BillyKaneBillyKane 3s is life Joined: Posts: 713
    Frame data books list all of the characters regular throws at 3 frames but sometimes it does look like some are faster than others (Necro, Chun, 12...). It might just be because of the animation or range though, I don't know.
    Originally posted by BillyKane
    Frame data books list all of the characters regular throws at 3 frames but sometimes it does look like some are faster than others (Necro, Chun, 12...). It might just be because of the animation or range though, I don't know.

thanx for the input, Alex's missed throw animation looks so short compared to the rest of the cast.

parry bait shoto's with a blocked LOV, they try hitting back just parry and punish.
    also another good rush down tactic against throws would be counter the first throw attempt or crouching opponent with a far roundhouse kara UOH, then when u land, do a normal UOH then since u r standing pretty much right next to them... either jump straight up or if u know how to charge through 2 UOH's u can EX RRF them right after the second UOH.

i say jump straight in the air but its funny how wierd it can be to give the opponent that option to anti air u but chances r they wont, they'll probably wait till u throw out a move while in the air parry it and then as u land try to combo or throw u... since more than likely enough they wont anti air u since they just tried to throw and now your at the peek of your jump coming down an anti air wouldnt be much of a threat or good idea since its a tight spot to squeeze one in, so u can do a couple of things from this situation...

1.air fierce coming down
    -if they parry it either CBK or (if u have a RRF charged) RRF once u land.
    -if it hits u get a free combo... a simple 3 hit from Remy hurts so much for some reason.
    -if they anti aired u, this thing probably traded in your favor.

2.do nothing at all in the air
    -if the opponent didnt try to anti air u and is basically just waiting to parry a move or just waiting for u to come down just land and CBK/RRF, i think the odds r high they wanna throw u.

oh and RRF them after u hit them with the CBK from the jump up, just dont do it next time:lol:

for choices one and two it's possible to spend a little time going up and coming back down looking for a parry from that anti air. i dont think this should be the biggest part of the strat cus waiting for a parry is bad i think.:bluu:
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
  • ZeidustZeidust Joined: Posts: 64
    Everdred as always your in top form. You and Remy_Stryker are some cool ass players. Infact non top tier players seem to enjoy the challenge of beating down cheap whores with good strats and poper clear thinking. Your lessons are very good.

I do have a question. Roundhouse Kara-throw seems to give Remy the most distance. but I have the hardest time landing this. It has become second nature to use Kara instead of normal. But I find myself wiffing my throws more because I think that I am at the right distance but I am not. Kara throwing seems fickle and that the distance gained is very miniscule. Whats the deal?

Zei
    the roundhouse kara throw only works if u cancel the far roundhouse animation, if u r too close and a close roundhouse animation comes out and u try canceling it u wont get any frame advantage at all since the close roundhouse doesnt really advance forward at all.

i always used the strong kara throw when i wanted to throw but i never really used any ticks into any of my throws since i only throw when i'm only a half step out of there throw distance. roundhouse would be more effective for this strat but to use it u need to play with distancing alot more.

one thing u could try is doing a blocked low crouching short into low LOV, after they block it tap towards and then kara throw with roundhouse, if u just kara throw with roundhouse u'll be a little too far, the tap forward part puts u in reach, make sure u tap towards and kara throw as soon as they r done with the block stun from the low LOV tho.

kara the RRF with standing strong after the neutral throw in the corner to hit opponents that u couldnt normally...

dudley--> kara roundhouse and forward RRF hits if u cancel the standing strong

ibuki, yun, yang, oro--> kara roundhouse RRF hits.

on shoto's u can now hit with the short version of the RRF for more stun.

i havent practiced on the EX RRF after the neutral throw on opponents yet.
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,675 admin
    Ummm...if you screw up the "rapid fire marathon" like by getting a stand fierce instead of a fierce LoV you can still continue the rest if you just continue charging and doing the next LoV (with Kick) as if nothing ever happened. However, I don't know if you can make two "mistakes" or more consecutively:

High LoV, Low LoV, High LoV, Low LoV, s. fierce, s. forward, high LoV
    Just so I'm completely on the up-and-up, are there any major differences between Arcade Remy and DC Remy? I want to test out a few things, but I haven't busted out my Dreamcast in forever and a day, so I need to make sure I don't come up with any fool's gold over here.

N
    fool's gold? what do u mean by that? everything i stated here works in arcade.
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
    I'm pretty sure DC and arcade remy are exactly the same. Buffering on the DC extensively without practicing on the cabinets as well may mess up your timing for the arcade, however, since they run at slightly different speeds.
    Originally posted by TripleA
    Ummm...if you screw up the "rapid fire marathon" like by getting a stand fierce instead of a fierce LoV you can still continue the rest if you just continue charging and doing the next LoV (with Kick) as if nothing ever happened. However, I don't know if you can make two "mistakes" or more consecutively:

High LoV, Low LoV, High LoV, Low LoV, s. fierce, s. forward, high LoV

IIRC if u do the store charge method and the go for a standard attack if u charge while u r doing ther attack it'll mess up the next sequence of LOV's if u r going to do normal moves between LOV's u gotta have the charge stored perfectly then have your stick in neutral while doing the move cus if u charge more than the "perfect charge" it'll reset the charge time not letting u come out with the next LOV.
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
  • Double ReppukenDouble Reppuken Asiaphilius Maximus Joined: Posts: 551
    Originally posted by ClosetRemy
    I'm pretty sure DC and arcade remy are exactly the same...they both suck

yep.

By the by, whatever happened to the awesome power of the constant CBK technique?
    "How do you know it's him?"
    "Who else cancels Morrigan's lvl2 uppercut super into an air fireball?"
    it works, kinda sorta, gotta be one of those spur of the moment deals. what did it go away? i never thought it left.

r u being sarcastic? what do u mean what happened to it? a bunch of ingrates on SRK i swear, instead of trying shit out ppl just question and diss.

that shit works and its funny when it does too, cus if u get it right it comes as easily as doing multiple head dives like yun and yang does only remy's does more damage and can be ex'd as soon as u wanna stop going through the loop.

oh and double rep. please dont start with the shit talk in this thread, its one of the only strat threads not destroyed, if u think i'm full of BS dont post here, anyone who thinks i'm full of BS and doesnt take me seriously doesnt post here simple as that, anyways. but if u find a mistake i said or agree with anything i'll gladly welcome anything u or anyone else has to offer.

have a good day sir.
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
  • Double ReppukenDouble Reppuken Asiaphilius Maximus Joined: Posts: 551
    No, I R not being sarcastic, not towards you at least. Next time look at who's being addressed before you start calling people out. Good job, my friend
    "How do you know it's him?"
    "Who else cancels Morrigan's lvl2 uppercut super into an air fireball?"
    Originally posted by Double Reppuken
    No, I R not being sarcastic, not towards you at least. Next time look at who's being addressed before you start calling people out. Good job, my friend

i KNOW u werent talking about me, i just dont want u playing no antics here with closet remy ok? not in this thread ok? go play somewhere else if u need to say something about closet remy.

we cool so far i havent and u havent done anything messed up yet so lets end it at that and just please dont do any more of what u already did, it aint bad but i dont want it excellating.
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
    Originally posted by EVERDRED

i KNOW u werent talking about me, i just dont want u playing no antics here with closet remy ok? not in this thread ok? go play somewhere else if u need to say something about closet remy.

we cool so far i havent and u havent done anything messed up yet so lets end it at that and just please dont do any more of what u already did, it aint bad but i dont want it excellating.

This is the grammar police. You are hereby ordered to cease and desist your actions immediately. The spelling department has also been notified of your illegal transgressions and are on their way. You have been warned.
    but if u r chasing a LOV dont charge down while u throw it.

=you can chase a LOV and charge at the same time. you do the
    OTHER charge while you're still in the dash animation. as long
    as you use the Jap method of SBs (charge bd,f,bd + P or K)
    you can SB then dash forward or backward twice or combination
    of both as long as you charge in every dash. then you can SB again or Flash Kick. this is excellent for runnig away from opponent or to give you just enough
    distance where you can standing MK without the fear of being
    reached by your opponentbecause of remy's long legs.
    did i say remy's long legs? EEEEWWWW!!!

BTW, great tips man.

***ang Remy Pokpok ng 3S Team PILIPINAS***
    Originally posted by Dennizen
    but if u r chasing a LOV dont charge down while u throw it.

=you can chase a LOV and charge at the same time. you do the
    OTHER charge while you're still in the dash animation. as long
    as you use the Jap method of SBs (charge bd,f,bd + P or K)
    you can SB then dash forward or backward twice or combination
    of both as long as you charge in every dash. then you can SB again or Flash Kick. this is excellent for runnig away from opponent or to give you just enough
    distance where you can standing MK without the fear of being
    reached by your opponentbecause of remy's long legs.
    did i say remy's long legs? EEEEWWWW!!!

BTW, great tips man.

***ang Remy Pokpok ng 3S Team PILIPINAS***

oh thanx

the charge while u dash is cool and all, i used to do it that way myself while i was learning how to do it but its iffy, i rather get a full charge, store it and then do it once my dash is over. this ensures that the move will actually come out once u land.

plus holding down or back after each dash to me doesnt make it consistant enough as a technique to pull off moves in a pressure situation, if u do a LOV and go back to the DOWN+BACK postion instead of just hold <-, ->, <- again, u'll be able to charge both the LOV and RRF and then dash forward and pretty much have a choice on which move u want to do.

u have alot of choices on how u store charge and dash but having both the LOV and RRF charged during one dash forward instead of 2 dashes makes for a faster+safer plan of action.

CBK is too good, use it on as a wake up move or anytime u get resetted and land on the ground next to your opponent, this will hop over there low forward automatically or counter a throw attempt, if u hit them while they r crouching u'll have plenty of time to back dash and run away, or heck press standing strong

standing close strong as my friend zar explains it to me has no middle animation it stays out long in hit animation so whenever your near enough u should be pressing this button, it's that simple really:lol: also u get a link into super art 1 and 2.

and close roundhouse is king of meaty attacks. use this as a mix up move with standing strong as a meaty attack mix up. u hit with standing roundhouse = free super art 1(thank u zar) and free super art 2.

close standing forward u'll be able to link into super art 2 not 1. comes out moderatley fast.
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
    i get your point about the dash charge. i guess we have different methods. as for me it got natural so i rarely fail on dash charge. but what's good about the two dashes is that you can run away farther and you can get more confusing. like when an opponent is in corner, i'd throw a slow SB/dash forward/dash back/then throw an ex SB. they're usually on grab/wake up/hell, even Super animation.
    You mix this with all the Remy set up, this can get annoying. but then again this works for me coz i dash in and out a lot trying to grab the opponent. where i play you usually get combo+supered if you do the SB/CBK a lot. they look like they're on auto parry or something = P. besides, it just looks nice when you grab an opponent in the corner then follow up with SA 1 and a FK. = P also, did you know that Remy's neutral grab can freeze the whole game? this works for the Jap version (where Yang have MAGNETIC STORM written for his SA and twelve's name is spelled TWELEVE) Urien stands in corner then do a close AEGIS, during animation, mash on the lp+lk. if done correctly Remy will do the grab animation then get hit making him stop but urien would freeze like he had a damn stroke. you can hit him but if you let the time tick, the game would freeze. as for wakeup, i just block alot since most overheads are slow which gives you enough time to squeeze a FK. unless im facing a grab whore-then id throw a FK/EX FK/
    croching lk>FK every once in a while. Now, this sounds dumb but... *whispers* where can i get a good Remy avatar?

**Lord knows i've tried my best but Blue Nocturne is just not for serious play. Looks damn good though.
    well...there are some characters that s. forward can be linked into SAI and they include Urien and Hugo (maybe Q) but they have to be crouching...Theres always something about the character crouching that forces more stun.
    The standing forward link works on all characters, the timing is just more strict on standing ones.
    close st forward into super art 1? might as well cancel off it. it isnt reliable, plus if u have to wait till a character is crouching what happens when u fight characters that duck the first hits of it+ the fact your kinda far for the super to reach them?

that timing is trickier than close standing roundhouse into SA1.

super art 1 when u have it is good to use on offense from a dashed up LOV. crouching short SA1 after a LOV is good but before u do that try the oldschool "throw them while they parry the LOV trick" do that once then when u have SA1 stored dash after a LOV let the opponent parry it and...

1.either wait and parry/block, if they r a shoto they might try and shoryuken u

2. crouching short SA1, they'll have to parry down to counter your crouching short, might be useful if your out of there throw reach and u stick them with a crouching short into super.

3.crouching jab+short into SA1 good chance if they try and tech a throw attempt you'll tech it. but if they dont and parry your jab, u'll cancel into super art 1, getting block damage or full damage if they tried anything.

another way to use it is is as a distant anti wake up chip super. throw a low LOV canceled into SA1 so the low LOV hits them as they r getting up the SA1 will bury the LOV so if they tap down SA1 will hit.

then there is always anti air
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
    Sorry, folks, I thought SA1 was the rage flash super. Although karathow.com does say that the light of justice startup and hit advantage of the standing forward are exactly the same. The problem is that the distance from hitting with the kick will mean the super won't hit them exactly as it starts up.
    safest way to connect a SA1 (for me) is when you grab opponent in the corner/juggle with SA1 i usually use SA2. the best anti air! (lol) jab (parry bait)/pause for a bit/SA2. just do different timings.
    i dont have DC and havnt played for a while. can u guys try connecting SA1 from an air-to-air Fierce? (and check the damage, possible follow up/reset, blahblah)

Question, is there a perfect (proper joystick motion+timing) way of doing the SB (anti air)/IMMEDIATLY followed by FK like the one RYO-chin did on the 5on5 video? too bad all 3 hits got parried and he lost. damn, i was rooting for him. = (

*damn you Ragnarok Online for decimating the Philippine 3S scene!!!
    zar told me this...

charge a LOV hit standing strong and hold down while u throw it out then once the standing strong is done throw the LOV hold down for the other half of the RRF then hit up and kick for it to come out.
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
    i dunno if this has been said but one of my favorite strategies is jumping within throwing range and doing a flash kick (i dunno what you guys call em) as you land...its faster than they can throw you.

there are 2 ways i do it...the 1st one is throwing a LOV, dash in while charging down, do the long jump (down and forward up) and then charge again while in the air...when u land, do the up motion for the flash kick...if they dont do an anti air they will usually try and throw but the flash kick wins out.

the other one is the similar...but instead of throwing a LOV, i just dash in and charge, high jump, charge, and early kick to make them think they can throw you when u land and then do flash kick as you land.

just dont do this too often...theyll get the idea after awhile :)
  • KINGKING あなたの母親の膣 Joined: Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That's a guessing trick. Guessing in 3s is bad. It's not even an educated guess.:o
    Guess wrong, you eat at worst a super or combo. And Remy doesn't have enough life/stun bar to afford a guessing game like that.

just my 2 cents.
    "I will be kind enough to give you the hint regarding KOF though: read Iori Yagami's family name in reverse." -- Black Shroud
    Originally posted by KINGDOM
    That's a guessing trick. Guessing in 3s is bad. It's not even an educated guess.:o
    Guess wrong, you eat at worst a super or combo. And Remy doesn't have enough life/stun bar to afford a guessing game like that.

just my 2 cents.

true. but everyone ive played never expect that from remy...they even dont really expect that from ken/ryu

its good because if done right, its faster than doing dragon punch.

in my experience, it pays off to do it once or twice in a game but we all have different styles :)
    why dont u just jump in and do an EX CBK? less recovery time if they block and if it hits it'll knock down.

if they crouch block it'll just travel right over them and u'll just recover in time after u land.

plus since it's a CBK they cant hit your feet while in start up, so no low forward into super.
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
    Originally posted by EVERDRED
    why dont u just jump in and do an EX CBK? less recovery time if they block and if it hits it'll knock down.

if they crouch block it'll just travel right over them and u'll just recover in time after u land.

plus since it's a CBK they cant hit your feet while in start up, so no low forward into super.

i do CBK sometimes but thats if they roll when they wake up and my jump isnt close enough. when i jump in close, ex cbk will shoot over them like you said...and if i jump too far away from them, they will block instead of trying to throw.
    if your right next to your opponent like grab distance and CBK it's kinda difficult on reaction to parry it, it sucks tho cus u can shoto jab to stop it lol- DAMN U FLASH G *shakes fist angrily* but it's still good to try it at point blank. at a distance that crap is going to be parried if u stall long enough in your attacks so your opponent waits for it so at that point u should start playing scarce dashing out and then in for a throw (or CBK).
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
    with regards to this whole jump in, you can simply just do the fierce/round house combo starter. if it's blocked, follow the fierce/ roundhouse with standing MP. if oppont ducks or blocks, just dash in and (kara if necessary) grab. if for some reason he stands up, slip a crouching LK and SA2. or... or... or... am sorry, im drunk right now.
    neutral jump roundhouse! (i first saw this technique from ryo chin's remy a while ago, i have been working it out and found out why he uses it)

jump straight up in the air and use it, the angle of the kick is good and the reach is great. try doing the actual kick press at odd times to throw off the opponents parry.

throw an anti air LOV, if they parry jump straight up(or super jump) and hit them with roundhouse if they parry that u'll be able to parry or block once u land, u could even jump up again if they try and throw.

jumping straight up and hitting forward or roundhouse is a VERY good tactic to zone and control the space sweep range infront of remy keeping dudley, yun, yang, and other characters that work off being in close for dAmage OUT.

inorder to not die so easily u need to keep crouching roundhouse toe hit range between your opponent and u so if they stepped forward a tad they could be hit with the far standing forward (after standing forward jump up and roundhouse).

why be in close if your not going to be doing anything, dash back, jump up, roundhouse CBK over them to get out of corners... RUN AWAY just stay out of far standing forward range and u'll pretty much control the match better.

i think chun kills remy and zones him so well because at that distance she is actually at an advantage, since thats her fringin' low forward range and standing fierce range....

from this distance keep a LOV between u and your opponent... good times just mix up your attacks from how they react to the LOV.
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel