PACIFIC RIM 2

Comments

• fogerfoger lame is good Joined: Posts: 5,661
    i wouldnt mind the sequel being a prequel

all out kaiju and jaeger war would look awesome
  • UnreallysticUnreallystic Painyatta Joined: Posts: 13,171
    Most of the jaegers are FUBAR, and there is no need to build them back up.
    Key word in bold.
    Crimson T.(only damage is a missing head) and Cherno(damaged armor, fake "head" reactor, and one arm) could be fully functional within months.

I've pointed this out about 6 times so far. Is it really not sticking?

No I've read it, I didn't say all, I said 'most'. As you bolded heh. I chose my words carefully.

But lets be honest here, they aren't going to just use those two armors to fight off what comes in the sequel. There WILL be new suits. It wouldn't be a sequel if they didn't try and kick it up a notch now would it...
    - :bluu:
  • MechWarriorMechWarrior Joined: Posts: 5,718
    edited July 2014
    SoVi3t wrote: »
    Cherno is in worse shape for that. It blew up under water and flooded with water.
    Just the cockpit, and it would take more than that to make it only scrap-worthy. Besides, materials can be recycled, if need be!
    And, water can be pumped out.

You act like it's supposed to be written off.

Jaegers are big enough-scale wise that you don't write them off as done unless they get completely atomized like Striker and Gypsy in the Breach did.

Repairing them is almost always more worth it than just leaving them to sit there.
    Gypsy got messed up in PR1's prologue, and it was BETTER than new given time and resources(not too long, if I'm recalling Tales from Year Zero correctly).

Come on...
    No I've read it, I didn't say all, I said 'most'. As you bolded heh. I chose my words carefully.

But lets be honest here, they aren't going to just use those two armors to fight off what comes in the sequel. There WILL be new suits. It wouldn't be a sequel if they didn't try and kick it up a notch now would it...
    - :bluu:
    Right, you know how this is probably going to go, and you're thinking about this in terms of actuality, like myself.
    And, of course, there will be more.

I'm just baffled that Crimson and Cherno are being thought of as done for.
    XBL: MechWarriorNY
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    Cherno got hit with acid, melted, pummeled, exploded, crushed, and left underwater, full of water. It's fucking done. They could maybe save an arm MAYBE, but for all intensive purposes, it's fucking done.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
    edited July 2014
    SoVi3t wrote: »
    Cherno got hit with acid, melted, pummeled, exploded, crushed, and left underwater, full of water. It's fucking done. They could maybe save an arm MAYBE, but for all intensive purposes, it's fucking done.
    You act like water = "Oh, you had something mechanical/electronic, and it got wet in any way? Get another one!"
    That is not how physics/chemistry/science actually work. I'm at a loss that anyone actually might believe in that.

Also, regarding how much of a beating Cherno actually took...
    Did that explosion's size look in any way like it was from anything besides just the cockpit, really?
    It is a little bigger than Leatherback's fist, and the explosion from it was also a tiny bit bigger than his hand.
    Also, looking again, Cherno still had both arms, though the one Otachi attacked was pretty damaged on its hand, and Cherno was actually still going well enough, the pilots just got killed, is all. Jaegers move because of their pilots, after-all; they are motion capture mecha, like in G Gundam. They WERE still fighting after all the damage that got done, too.

Here, watch 2:22-2:32 closely:
    Leatherback weighs about 2900 tons. Cherno weighs 2450-something.

Cherno was starting to actually get up again, even with that heavy opponent holding it down.

Also, pics to help show that you are seeing damage where none happened.
    Still has both arms, right arm is damaged:
    81IieAZ.jpg?2
    Leatherback's hand not fitting completely over the cockpit:
    iBEmaiel.jpg?1
    Explosion the same size as the cockpit:
    eoUv9Uol.jpg?2

You know what this level of wear and tear is called in workshops, and other places that work with heavy equipment?
    More work than usual.

It really ISN'T that much damage for a Jaeger; reactor/reactor housing, right hand, cockpit/cockpit enclosure, and a fair amount of armor plating.
    That is not a lot of damage, for stuff of this scale.

For instance, one of the more prominent examples, this is what Horizon Brave(Mark 1Chinese Jaeger, before Crimson's time) looked like when it lost, and it's pilots were killed: HgISsQZl.jpg
    These are not impossible, nor improbable repair jobs.

Ignore all that I just pointed out to show that you aren't thinking about this with how actual physics work.
    Please.

Let this be the 7th time I get ignored for showing reality, and not telling of exaggeration.
    I'm fine with being a doomed intellectual victor.
  • dodgers2213dodgers2213 Joined: Posts: 3,028
    who gives a fuck
    Steam- Dodgers2213
    PS4-- Dodgers2213
    RXwOmnd.png
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Fucking FINALLY.

I'm not sure how I feel about the director but as long as he understands mecha and monsters, it's fine
    Ugh not sure I like the sound of it going away from his vision.
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,795
    Gasaraki wrote: »
    Ugh not sure I like the sound of it going away from his vision.

Agreed. However, if the movie knows what lane it is supposed to be in and deliver something special I am all for it.

PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
    Yeah, as long as it's good and has that spirit of mecha, I'm sure I'll still love it
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,172
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,590
    They saving so much money on the sequel just looking at the pics. No longer armor plates? Just some fat boi in cosplay?

Fucking Kaiju will just be niggas in rubber dog suits.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    Yeah I agree the outfit looks pretty bad, but maybe they're going to CG it up a bit? Ugh, I dunno, I'm still worried overall
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,424
    Tbh it just looks like it was made to have the details cged in.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That last pic looks like a slightly fatter, much younger Denzel Washington to me lol

Boyega has a six-pack. the problem is he has unnaturally wide hips for a man. that's why he always wears suits that have more slack in the middle and poses for photos with his arms at his sides- but slightly forward- and slightly balls his fists.
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
    That last pic looks like a slightly fatter, much younger Denzel Washington to me lol

Boyega has a six-pack. the problem is he has unnaturally wide hips for a man. that's why he always wears suits that have more slack in the middle and poses for photos with his arms at his sides- but slightly forward- and slightly balls his fists.

I literally only meant his face, not his overall body weight. He has a slightly chubby looking face IMO
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,104
    I must have missed something, is this movie a prequel?
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Maybe it's his son? Those Mecha look higher tech than PR1
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,104

Maybe it's his son? Those Mecha look higher tech than PR1
    Yea that's why I'm confused. The mechs look way quite a bit more advanced then what was in PC1...but Boyega looks like he's playing a younger Idris Alba. I'm confused.

No Mako gonna make me like this movie less....:bluu:
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,265
    I'm interested...
    I'm making a fighting game!
    SRK thread - Discord server.
    Yeahhhhhhh, I'm hype.
  • regulateregulate Bruv of bruvs Joined: Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Still want an assault gunda....err... jaeger
    Never forget:
    Boel wrote: »
    phantom angel the kinda guy that eats a roll of dental floss so that he can slowly come to a shuddering climax as he pulls it out his ass

• MOB712MOB712 Joined: Posts: 1,245
    edited July 21
    In my muthafuckin VEEEEEEINNNNNSSS!!!!

Also, no its not a prequel; its a sequel.

Boyega is playing the son of Stacker. His name is Jake Pentacost

Im loving all the new Jaegers; Seems the new American Jaeger's name is Gipsy Avenger

• beesuitbeesuit Joined: Posts: 3,648
    edited July 21
    Is there going to be another female japanese pilot? I hope they'll include clothing damage when she's in the mech.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,137 mod
    Optimus124 wrote: »

That voiceover makes me worry that one day the humans will end up dead because they were made into test subjects in the Jaegers... for science.
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,885
    OH YES
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,723 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    lol sounded like they tried to go g gundam with that voiceover
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • beesuitbeesuit Joined: Posts: 3,648
    I wanna see them put the cockpit in the groin area so we can watch the female pilot enter crotch first.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file