PACIFIC RIM 2

123457»

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,245
    i'm going through all the Jaegers and there are no African countries with them. imma be real racist and say Africa needs the strongest jaegers. you know that's were the rest of the planet is getting their materials from anyway. fuck outta here.

anyway, here are some of the new mechs

y9cLaX0.jpg
    mHB8AP9.jpg
    itC8Vwc.jpg
    xyNJM9K.jpg
    sMUIXoi.jpg
    8RvrSTC.jpg

Having materials or not, its who has the money builds their own Jaegers
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • regulateregulate Bruv of bruvs Joined: Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i'm going through all the Jaegers and there are no African countries with them. imma be real racist and say Africa needs the strongest jaegers.

[/spoiler]

Perhaps something that resembles a black panther god ?
    Never forget:
    Boel wrote: »
    phantom angel the kinda guy that eats a roll of dental floss so that he can slowly come to a shuddering climax as he pulls it out his ass

• beesuitbeesuit Joined: Posts: 3,646
    edited July 23
    ZOE already did it.

But what about the clothing damage? We need clothing damage on the female pilots.
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,039
    regulate wrote: »
    i'm going through all the Jaegers and there are no African countries with them. imma be real racist and say Africa needs the strongest jaegers.

[/spoiler]

Perhaps something that resembles a black panther god ?

Wrong franchise.

But sadly just like in real life with African athletes the best giant robots would all probably be shipped over seas to fight for some other continent.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,590
    That Polish Jaegar had me rolling, fucking big ass forklift truck :rofl: pretty sure Kurwa is Polish for whore as well. @odin
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,876
    THE FUCCING FORKLIFT LMAOOO
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I was looking at the teaser again and I'm pretty sure they've gotten rid of the dual pilots concept.

Also the text when that red Jaeger is doing a kick says "HYPER ROUNDHOUSE" and "Hyper Acrobatic Reflex System". The swords are called "SCIMITAR SIEGE" FUCK.

Oh fuck I'm hype.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,059
    edited July 24
    Seriously that trailers voice is waaay too GLaDOS...I wouldnt trust that bitch with anything lol.
    Post edited by crotchpuncha on
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,245
    Seriously that tr4ailers voice is waaay too GLaDOS...I wouldnt trust that bitch with anything lol.

Funny thing is they licensed the GLaDOS voice from Valve for Pacific Rim.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • odinodin crystal clear Joined: Posts: 15,705 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    crucades wrote: »
    That Polish Jaegar had me rolling, fucking big ass forklift truck :rofl: pretty sure Kurwa is Polish for whore as well. @odin

It is a word for whore. But nobody ever uses it that way haha
    It's just used as an exclamatory "FUCK!"
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,775

PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,709 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    if movie 1 was heavily eva movie 2 is heavily power rangers/gundam
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 7
    As much as I enjoyed certain aspects of the trailer, I do get the feeling that this film is a bit more shallow in narrative. The first Pacific Rim looked a bit more theatric and ominous with the Kaiju threat, now it feels kind of shallow.

I'm guessing Guillermo Del Toro had less influence with this film?

Edit: He isn't directing, no wonder...
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,614
    The first gave you a good feel of weight for the mechs and the power between them and the Kaiju...this trailer they feel a bit too agile for my taste. Just feels...there's less impact so to speak.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,846
    Can't wait for this, one of the few turn your brain off movies I actually enjoyed.

Is it me or is he trying to sound like Idris?

• GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 7
    Speed is ok as long as it still looks weighty. At that point you can easily chalk it up to technological improvements. I think that aspect is fine in the trailer

I definitely agree that it seems like it's trying to be more campy, which is kind of a shame. I liked the somewhat serious tone of the first. Like, it's not like it was never campy, but you could actually tell that the Kaiju were a very real threat to that world
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,301
    As much as I enjoyed certain aspects of the trailer, I do get the feeling that this film is a bit more shallow in narrative. The first Pacific Rim looked a bit more theatric and ominous with the Kaiju threat, now it feels kind of shallow.
    Nailed it.
    Is it me or is he trying to sound like Idris?
    Yyyyup. Totally.

When I saw someone else as director than Guillermo, I went “nah.”
    Then I saw that Tian Jing ho in the credits and went “hell no!”
123457»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file