Tekken 7 Discussion

Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,341
It has been leaked and announced.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/jul/13/tekken-7-info-leaked-ahead-haradas-evo-sunday-announcement-will-be-powered-unreal-engine-4/

It's also bsen said to run on a Unreal 4 engine. Can't wait to see how it plays and who is in it.

Comments

• rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,293
    edited July 2014
    you can't keep a secret anymore nowadays

edit:except for SNK:coffee:
  • Dubstep_DawgDubstep_Dawg Joined: Posts: 28
    Get hype! who knows maybe the game play trailer will be shown at evo before the street fighter finals
  • GraphicGraphic Whip it. Joined: Posts: 611
    I wonder whether or not Tekken Revolution was meant as a prototype for future Tekken sequels. I always prefer the 1v1 nature of Tekken than the tag games.
  • ReckionReckion I have such a raging clue right now!! Joined: Posts: 109
    Graphic wrote: »
    I wonder whether or not Tekken Revolution was meant as a prototype for future Tekken sequels. I always prefer the 1v1 nature of Tekken than the tag games.
    i think it was more for testing on TkxSf. I mean, look at eliza.

Btw, calm down guys he still has to anounce it :P

• crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 10,737
    Hope they sort out that dumb broken bitch Alisa :rofl:
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Crack is back! Joined: Posts: 23,528
    edited July 2014
    I want the character selection screen to match the amount of champions that are in LoL.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,341
    I wonder how they'll reveal this today. Would love a trailer, hope it's not just a CGI trailer of Jin and Kazuya fighting
  • PeacockPeacock Joined: Posts: 161
    Great, hopefully they add the runner ups from the character concept poll
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,221
    What if T7 leak is just a ruse to throw everyone off the scent of TKxSF? They've been very quiet about it so far.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • VisionExVisionEx Joined: Posts: 0
    I found the video for my article on Tekken 7, so if you're interested in the small amount of details on the fighter, check out the video, and I'll try to keep it updated until the official announcement of Tekken 7 hits.

http://powerleveled.com/tekken-7-will-be-announced-officially-at-evo-2014/
  • BallTapperBallTapper Swag in their face Joined: Posts: 511
    edited July 2014
    crucades wrote: »

story arc, after the events of T6 Alisas body was destroyed from the massive electrical discharge of lars' lightning screw as he ark blasted all over her mechanical body, traumatized by these events lars buried her sticky metal body in the gobi desert, but he kept her head, after years of using her head as a fleshlight lars gets bad news from his doctor that he has developed testicular cancer as alisa's brain was nuclear powered for whatever reason, rather then getting treated for cancer, lars fled to the mountains where he lived in a cave and lived out the rest of his days eating digiorno pizzas until one day he cut a fart so massive it made all his vital organs collapse, killing him.
    just like that i killed off alisa and lars
    TTT2: Dragunov/Bryan, Steve/Lars, Jinpachi/King, Lars/Leo
    3SOE: Necro, Urien, Hugo
    MvC2: Charlie/Sabretooth/Juggernaut, Venom/Juggernaut/Jill, MSP
    HDR: O.Sagat, Balrog,
    KOF98UM: Orochi Yashiro, Kyo, Daimon
    KOF2002UM: Vanessa, Jhun, Iori, Clark, Hinako, Chang, Orochi Yashiro, EX Takuma
    KOF13: Ralf/Takuma/?
    Injustice Frauds Among Us: Grundy, DerperMan, Nightwing
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: This Game Sucks
    Super Setup Fighter IV: This Game Also Sucks
    SFxT: Nina/Steve, Sagat/Law, Jin/Alisa
    Soul Caliber 2: Kilik
    DS3: Rikuo, Victor, Lord Raptor
    Skullgirls: Big Band/Cerebella
    SamSho2: Earthquake, Kyoshiro
    What time is the announcement? I Thought it was at 5:30 pdt. Isn't 6:19 pdt now?
  • Screw_TiersScrew_Tiers Screw_Tires? Screw_Tears? Fuck This Name Joined: Posts: 867
    edited July 2014
    Monkey66 wrote: »
    What time is the announcement? I Thought it was at 5:30 pdt. Isn't 6:19 pdt now?

Should be within the next hour. Just remember that tournaments tend to be behind schedule and EVO is no different.
    "Farts stink like a motherfucker!"
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 34,335 mod
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

edited July 2014
    What if T7 leak is just a ruse to throw everyone off the scent of TKxSF? They've been very quiet about it so far.
    Nope, T7 is real. I've actually known about this for awhile now and couldn't help but lol at all the speculation in the TxSF thread.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• Sensei RouzuSensei Rouzu Just Another Brotha on SRK Joined: Posts: 3,907
    crucades wrote: »

Don't hate on Alisa and as I recall she didn't even top during EVOs in T6.

I'm hype for a Tekken 7. I was getting tired of Tekken so I passed on Tag 2, but now that I've taken that break Tekken 7 will bring me back into the game.

Listening to : Nas / N.W.A / ChocQuibTown / David Wise / Kool Keith / Sadistik / Undogmatic

• Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,208
    I suspect that Heihachi tossed Kazumi over a cliff due to an overcooked pot roast
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • TheFreshPrinceTheFreshPrince Sold so many chickens think I work for Kroger Joined: Posts: 3,725
    d3v wrote: »
    Nope, T7 is real. I've actually known about this for awhile now and couldn't help but lol at all the speculation in the TxSF thread.

So you must know about TxSF as well...

Kappa
    You just can't handle the fresh prince.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • BzChoyBzChoy Only the finest poverty shit. Joined: Posts: 420
    edited July 2014
    Sounds like Kazumi Mishima's gonna be a GILF, if she's confirmed for this game.
    My main: the most lame, cheesy, trollish character in your favorite game.

Yeah, apparently people do play Advanced V.G. 2, well Japs do. Check it out, the grandaunt or some shit of anime games: Advanced V.G. 2 - JPN Competitive Matches
    Tekken's first playable old lady confirme (that's to say she is in the game and is old)
  • LightzLightz Bangkok Bastard Joined: Posts: 1,207
    edited July 2014
    EDIT: Damn beat me to it. Here's the Japanese Version any ways

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.
  • jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,857
    Tekken 7. The biggest non announcement ever. lol. Always expect a new tekken every few years. The only thing im worried about is the death of ttt2 for T7. While normally i can move on to the next tekken perfectly fine, TTT2 is a game i feel i never want to stop playing. I wonder if harada took any consideration of the existence of TTT2 in Tekken 7. Can you make a new tekken game that doesnt end up taking everyone from TTT2? Is that even worth considering?

I imagine TTT2 will at least alive online for a while to come because the netcode is so good, and alive not just in america who will have to wait at least a year and a half post arcade release to even touch tekken 7. So for those in america not close to an arcade that can purchase a tekken 7 machine (if it can even be properly updated outside of japan), i guess not much to worry about, because we wont be touching tekken 7 until like fall of 2016 anyways.

TTT2 was announced about 1 year before (2010) its arcade release, and then the second version came out in march 2012, so i dont expect Tekken 7 until next summer to hit arcades, then another update by the winter, along with date set for console release in fall of 2016. I dont know what im worried about. I just really love some ttt2, and id have to see such a fun game just dwindle and die to the new stuff, but at the very least it has great online, and i can always hit up friends to play anytime if i wanna play it post Tekken 7's console release.

Who knows, maybe in 2 years i would have finally worn out my love for TTT2, and after watching Tekken 7 online for a year, will be fiending to step into the ring with a new tekken.
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • LemresLemres The Two G.O.A.T Joined: Posts: 1,600
    edited July 2014
    Please tell me Kazumi and Jun team up to tame Kazuya and his Devil Gene. That would be a perfect opportunity to bring Jun back into the story. She's only been in ONE canonical game for crying out loud...

LOL R.I.P TxSF though
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,255
    Heihachi had the angel gene the whole time.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Mai Goddess Strikes Back Joined: Posts: 2,603
    Getting hype for this
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN for KOFXIV = GDHAsia
    PSN for any other game = Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV:
    Shun / Luong / Mai [Geese, Leona, Beni, Mian, Kyo, King, Zarina, Terry]
    DOA5LR:
    Nyotengu / Mai[Kasumi, Ayane, Kokoro]
    Tekken 7: ???
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi, Valkenhayn]
    GGXrd R2: ???
    SFV : ???
    KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides coming soon for Dream Cancel

• S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,298
    they could make it tekken 5.8 I'd still be game
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
    JohnGrimm wrote: »

His hair is actually a mutation of Angel Wings, if he grew them out, he'd be able to fly with wings on his head.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• PiccoroPiccoro Joined: Posts: 74
    Best Mishima returns to the spotlight.
    Oh yes!
    PSN: PiccoroDaimaoh
    i honestly wouldnt mind if it was just T6 with new lighting

His hair is actually a mutation of Angel Wings, if he grew them out, he'd be able to fly with wings on his head.
    Are you for real? Wtf I never knew that lol. Tekken never ceases to amaze me.
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,441
    More interested in TxSF, probably vaporware tho :coffee:

"I wake up and piss excellence"
    what i would actually really like to see is an emphasis on smaller combos off of launchers without the removal of bound, maybe make juggles knock people further away at the start? maybe for example kazuya ff+3, ewgf, df321 being an optimal damage combo off of the ff+3 launcher, but also ff+3, ewgf, df+12, dash up d+3+4 being optimal for oki. Im also a big fan of characters who have normals that go into small animations on counterhit that give more damage and an alright oki position like lars b+4 and bob f+4. i would like to see more of those across the board but i highly doubt that would happen
    tataki wrote: »
    Lemres wrote: »

I know the Tekken story is stupid but come on man, you can't spot obvious sarcasm?
    I had a feeling but I wanted to believe. Sue me...
  • ProfoundHateProfoundHate Joined: Posts: 39
    tataki wrote: »
    Lemres wrote: »

I know the Tekken story is stupid but come on man, you can't spot obvious sarcasm?

I bought it too. Tekken is too nutty for this joke to work right, though it's equally funny that people would believe something like that about it.

SFV main: Birdie
  • UtilityKeysUtilityKeys Silver Scrub Joined: Posts: 176
    Jo0 wrote: »
    Am I wrong to want a PC release? :(

If the quote about how the use of Unreal Engine 4 will allow them to "...bring Tekken 7 to any platform we desire." is right, then this could very well be a thing. I don't know the technical stuff behind how Unreal Engine 4 works though, so I'd only be able to make uneducated comments about how that would apply to a PC port. I also remember hearing that Harada once said on his Twitter that he'd like to work on making games for PC as well, which Namco is now doing with Rise Of Incarnates.

Either way, I'm also hoping that this might make an appearance on PC when it comes to home releases.
    Links and Usernames: Steam | Fightcade | CFN/XBL: UtilityKeys
    Currently playing Street Fighter V and Killer Instinct on PC, on break from Super Turbo & 3rd Strike.
    'doukens in asses
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,298
    Harada personally does his gaming on steam so I'd say the chances are likely for PC release or at the very least more likely than ever
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • Conrad09Conrad09 Joined: Posts: 37
    BallTapper wrote: »
    what i would actually really like to see is an emphasis on smaller combos off of launchers without the removal of bound, maybe make juggles knock people further away at the start? maybe for example kazuya ff+3, ewgf, df321 being an optimal damage combo off of the ff+3 launcher, but also ff+3, ewgf, df+12, dash up d+3+4 being optimal for oki. Im also a big fan of characters who have normals that go into small animations on counterhit that give more damage and an alright oki position like lars b+4 and bob f+4. i would like to see more of those across the board but i highly doubt that would happen

Why not keep bound and make less hits possible in a combo? For example: Make a 6 hit juggle in T7 give the same amount of pushback as a 9 or 10 hit juggle in TTT2.

I've been floating this idea around in my head, but why not let bound be available to certain characters? Tekken Revolution has shown just how important bound was to certain character's combos (e.x. Kuma's solo combos were already shitty in TTT2 and are exceptionally shitty in TR) and how some characters simply do NOT need it (Lars, Leo, Nina, Miguel, Julia, Kunimitsu, Bryan, Dragunov, etc.).
  • Vampire_SaviourVampire_Saviour R4 Joined: Posts: 333
    Aw old heihachi again? I'll be sad if people move past TTT2; that game is tits.
  • OmnigearOmnigear Joined: Posts: 52
    unless Keith is running it. shit is on clockwork that they where ahead of schedule.

Should be within the next hour. Just remember that tournaments tend to be behind schedule and EVO is no different.

People like previous tekken , because it did not derailed from the original minus the ring and 0 gravity. I would think that the purity in a sense was taken out. When was the last time you see someone do the 10hit strings =p
    Omnigear wrote: »
    unless Keith is running it. shit is on clockwork that they where ahead of schedule.

People like previous tekken , because it did not derailed from the original minus the ring and 0 gravity. I would think that the purity in a sense was taken out. When was the last time you see someone do the 10hit strings =p

Play ttt2 with a character you haven't played before. You will find a lot of people only using the 10 hit combo strings. I promise!!
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 34,960 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    kazuya faceturn incoming.

i hope this is just the end of the mishima storyline and not the series. it's time for a new face of the company *randyorton.gif*
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    Conrad09 wrote: »
    BallTapper wrote: »

Why not keep bound and make less hits possible in a combo? For example: Make a 6 hit juggle in T7 give the same amount of pushback as a 9 or 10 hit juggle in TTT2.

I've been floating this idea around in my head, but why not let bound be available to certain characters? Tekken Revolution has shown just how important bound was to certain character's combos (e.x. Kuma's solo combos were already shitty in TTT2 and are exceptionally shitty in TR) and how some characters simply do NOT need it (Lars, Leo, Nina, Miguel, Julia, Kunimitsu, Bryan, Dragunov, etc.).

I like big combos. I just think they need to re-ajust the scalling on some characters. Not much though, cos that would take the fun outta it.

BTW, Hope there's no guard damage in this tekken. I like the no guard damage in ttt2.