Tekken 7 Discussion

Comments

• AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,086
    edited November 13
    @Xvideos that was priceless! Video of that part was below... but I want to find one that has Harada coming in to say something to Aris.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TawdryInspiringBeefKeepo
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
  • XvideosXvideos Xvideos Joined: Posts: 3,309
    edited November 13
    I was playing some other games when the stream happened. Didn't even know about Noctis's announcement until Youtube recommended it to me and I was like WTF? I almost thought it was April Fools for a second.
  • Virtua_LeonVirtua_Leon Gal me seeeerious Joined: Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Great finals, good job quadans

Gackt in tekken 7, oh boy i cannot even start to get my head around this shit

Shit was too funny
    AAAAAAAAS WE ENTER!
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,186
    First, Ninja Turtles in I2
    and now a FF character in Tekken 7?
    Wow, this is crazy! I never expected this!

Bring back Soul Calibur Namco, now Im even more hyped!
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    edited November 13
    TMNT in I2 got me all pumped up.

When I saw Noctis, I had the same face as Markman. I dunno, I guess I just didn't have fond memories of FFXV.
  • bchan009bchan009 Joined: Posts: 780
    edited November 13
    Xvideos wrote: »

If Akuma and Geese aren't enough for gamers to buy this game, why do they think some whiny ass prince is going to make people on the fence seriously reconsider?

Akuma and Geese cater to FGC crowd. If that doesn't get them sales then they maybe shouldn't try focusing on FGC people with the DLC anymore...

Noctis is in Tekken for the same reason TMNT is in Injustice. They are trying to get some new people OUTSIDE of their current audience. Whether you like the character they chose or not is something else, but their strategy is sound.

I personally thought FFXV was really flawed but still enjoyable. There are non-FGC people saying they want to try Tekken now. So at least on the surface it seems to be doing its job. Whether it works or not time will tell.
    Check out my work!

MY WIP FIGHTING GAME

TUMBLR | hk-5.net
    YOUTUBE | youtube.com/user/bchan009
    TWITTER | twitter.com/bchan009

• BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,358
    edited November 13
    Harada is a fucking evil genius. FF kids are going crazy that they got a character in Tekken. I've already had a few random weaboo guys with anime hair like some of my posts on the tekken page in support of noctis(AKA Harada getting dat FF money). Should get a nice lil bump in sales for the holiday.
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,734 mod
    I like Noctis, I haven't actually had any characters I've clicked with and just play a bunch of them casually.

Hopefully because he's a new character he won't have a ton of moves to learn, I have trouble remembering everything when I try to learn characters in this game.
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri, Menat
    YouTube
    Twitch
    edited November 13
    bchan009 wrote: »
    Noctis is in Tekken for the same reason TMNT is in Injustice. They are trying to get some new people OUTSIDE of their current audience. Whether you like the character they chose or not is something else, but their strategy is sound.

I personally thought FFXV was really flawed but still enjoyable. There are non-FGC people saying they want to try Tekken now. So at least on the surface it seems to be doing its job. Whether it works or not time will tell.

But TMNT is actually a much loved brand name by a lot of people where as FFXV could possibly be yet another hit and miss in the FF franchise.

When you include a guest character, you want to include an actually popular character with positive reputations. Take Smash series for example, Snake, Sonic, Megaman, Bayonetta, Cloud are really well-liked by a wide range of people. Nintendo knows including them in Smash will be super effective in every way possible.

Similarly, Akuma and Geese are also effective and good strategic choice for Namco.

But you can't say the same for Noctis. Square Enix delivered a game that didn't live up to the trailers and decade-long expectations.

I mean, I am sure you have seen that awesome cinematic story trailer that didn't make it into the game right?
    I know the explanation on why this wasn't in the final game, but the story in that trailer was actually interesting compare to the game story, and it built a false expectation that ultimately hurt the game.

I feel that in order for Namco Bandai to get the best bang of the buck, they could have asked for something better from Square Enix, like a FFVII character, Kingdom Hearts character, or 2B because the anticipation for the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFVII remake will help both Namco Bandai and Square Enix, and Nier Automata cameo is at least better than FFXV cameo because Nier Automata received nothing but praises.
    Post edited by Xvideos on
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,585
    Any Yakuza character would've been a better fit.

But well, sponsored by Cup Noodles...
    Add me for some Tekken 7 if you're from Europe.
    I'm not playing anything else these days:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/NaughtySenpai/
    Yeah, I think I would have preferred Yakuza as well.
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,358
    edited November 13

Similarly, Akuma and Geese are also effective and good strategic choice for Namco.

But you can't say the same for Noctis. Square Enix delivered a game that didn't live up to the trailers and decade-long expectations.

Says who? It was polarizing, but in itself, that game has spawned a legion of new niggas who couldn't ever get into FF games before, but think that game is the best game ever and you can't tell them shit.

What makes Akuma and Geese good choices for Namco beyond our love of classic fighting game characters cuz lets be honest Akuma & Geese definitely aren't doing Final Fantasy numbers. If a money grab means we get 3 more characters we care about I'll definitely take it.
    Post edited by Biolink on
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
  • ElectroManiacElectroManiac Joined: Posts: 428
    edited November 13
    If you are going to pick a FF character to be on a Tekken game it has to be Cloud. You will get all the waifu lovers that you were going to get with Noctis plus more because Cloud is a well liked character from around all the game community.

Noctis is a character that only hardcore FF fans care and like.
    Post edited by ElectroManiac on
    Steam: Electro
    Tekken 7 Mains: Dragunov and Devil Jim Second: Josie
  • SnakeofNinjutsuSnakeofNinjutsu Kallen Kouzuki FTW Joined: Posts: 335
    edited November 13
    Noctis looks flashy and fun as hell to play as. Already have friends who never cared about Tekken, willing to give it a shot next year. Smart move.
    P4A - Elizabeth
    IGAU - Catwoman
    Jojo - Dio/Giorno
  • Midnight_IguanaMidnight_Iguana I play 3d fighters & mkxl. Joined: Posts: 188
    edited November 13
    Namco could make Dissidia 3.
  • appoappo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,613
    based on the gameplay i actually look more forward to that ff guy...seems to be a versatile char which you can use on all ranges. :pensive:
    Does anyone know if Akuma can chicken a divekick reversal?
    edited November 13
    Does anyone know if Akuma can chicken a divekick reversal?

yes, he can.
    both versions.
  • bchan009bchan009 Joined: Posts: 780
    edited November 13

But TMNT is actually a much loved brand name by a lot of people where as FFXV could possibly be yet another hit and miss in the FF franchise.

When you include a guest character, you want to include an actually popular character with positive reputations. Take Smash series for example, Snake, Sonic, Megaman, Bayonetta, Cloud are really well-liked by a wide range of people. Nintendo knows including them in Smash will be super effective in every way possible.

I mean, I am sure you have seen that awesome cinematic story trailer that didn't make it into the game right?
    I know the explanation on why this wasn't in the final game, but the story in that trailer was actually interesting compare to the game story, and it built a false expectation that ultimately hurt the game.

I feel that in order for Namco Bandai to get the best bang of the buck, they could have asked for something better from Square Enix, like a FFVII character, Kingdom Hearts character, or 2B because the anticipation for the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFVII remake will help both Namco Bandai and Square Enix, and Nier Automata cameo is at least better than FFXV cameo because Nier Automata received nothing but praises.

If Square Enix wants to push FFXV and Noctis, then that's the character they're going to allow to be in a cross-over. That's really all there is to it, whether FFXV is a runaway hit or not. Even if it isn't a super success, there are still lots of people that like the game.

Kingdom Hearts and FFVII are franchises geared towards people who grew up with them in the late nineties/early 2000s. They may have mass appeal but they are also almost 20 year old franchises, with next installments not expected until YEARS out. (KH3 = late 2018, FF7R = unknown) Unlike TMNT, there are lots of kids and teens now who don't know who Sora is and think Cloud is that guy from Smash. Except for some nostalgia for 25+ year olds, they are a potentially terrible choice too. Then we have Nier, which I love -- but by the numbers it's not even on the same level. It was a financial success, but it's not mainstream.

The only reason Smash can get away with it is because that entire game is based entirely on nostalgia, and mainly for Nintendo properties. I doubt most people under the age of 20 would care very much if Cloud or Megaman were removed. Those characters are just there for the older people who are still playing.

Quite frankly, TMNT is a better choice than ANY Square property at the moment. Cloud/KH/2B aren't as big a deal as you might think and would make LESS sense for Square, who is the one choosing the char in the first place. Why advertise games in development hell that won't be out for years? From Square's point of view it actually makes MORE sense to use Noctis because they are pushing FFXV hard (mobile remake, etc.), and these products are coming out NOW.

You're really hung up on the fact that FFXV has a lot of haters and you personally don't like it, but the alternatives you mention aren't much better. If Noctis is such a terrible choice than it's better to avoid Square entirely and pick a different company.
    Check out my work!

MY WIP FIGHTING GAME

TUMBLR | hk-5.net
    YOUTUBE | youtube.com/user/bchan009
    TWITTER | twitter.com/bchan009

• bumpyfacebumpyface Joined: Posts: 11
    Taz Obi wrote: »
    img_3611.jpg

IKR. I really wish we could of got someone from Naruto series. I thought it would happen since BN makes the Naruto games but it's cool. I'm just happy they're doing something with the input delay and adding more online options.
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ok I uploaded about 5 moments. Excuse the poor camera work.

Nobi vs Naps Final Moments

JDCR vs Qudans Game 2 Full

JDCR Switches to Heihachi

Saints vs Qudans Grand Finals Set 2 Game 1 Clip

Saint vs Qudans Grand Finals Final Moments
    Green Karin.
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,604
    evilj wrote: »
    Those electrics were crisp bro, especially the first one.

How can you change Mishima dojo music though to tekken tag character select ? Lol

Shouldn't that be for the select screen ?

A Paul demoted my hwoarang and promoted himself today.

I had the playlist on shuffle it picks random songs out of every game from the tekken franchise
    just so happened to pick those songs lmfao

I was very pleased with the results only thing that sucked is that knee didnt make top 8 but qudans winning and jdcr picking heihachi were amazing to see
    qudans has such precision with devil jin so its always a joy to see him play the character. Plus watching him i learn so much as a dvj main each time and his streams are so hype

this week was crazy lol i had a tournament on saturday in which i got 4th which fucking sucks lol ive gotten 4th these past 3 tournaments
    but im losing to my senseis and a really good lars player named l train got second to my friend lol
  • CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 3,028

Not sure if you're understanding the scope of Noctis' reveal here, but here's some perspective for you:

Noctis Reveal trailer views: 1.1 million (2 days)

Geese Reveal trailer views: 1.55 million (4 months)

Akuma Reveal trailer views: 67k (2 years)

That's just from the Bamco official youtube channel also...

Since Sunday, plenty of people in my own community talking about how they're getting back into Tekken or picking it up for the first time. I've seen similar reaction across the interwebs. Of course it doesn't apply to everyone, there are people who aren't interested, but overall it can only be seen as a positive move and it's got people talking.

Not just that, but it would never just be a case of Bamco choosing what character they want out of a list. It'd have to be a mutual agreement between Harada and Hashimoto, and of course Hashimoto is going to offer a character that's going to promote his own latest game... Makes sense on all fronts.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,871
    @evilj how was the TWT venue in general? Was there a lot of people? How convinient was it to watch matches?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Yup. Holiday functions got fucked too Joined: Posts: 3,253
    Gouki: "I am the Master of the Fi-"

Geese: "... LOL What?"

Noctis: "Gouki. Just... stop. Seriously."
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV
    Kyo / Luong / Geese [Mai, Shun, Benimaru, Leona, Terry, Mian, Mui Mui]

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7
    Eliza [Xiaoyu, Geese, Jin, Lars, Lee, M.Raven]

BBCF
    Hakumen [Azrael, Nine, Makoto]

SFV ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

edited November 15
    Tekken 7 - Geese Howard Gameplay With Katsuhiro Harada and Michael Murray

"Tekken 7 developers Katsuhiro Harada and Michael Murray demo Geese Howard's
    moveset and combos while speaking to what it took to transition the 2D Fatal Fury fighter into Tekken."

I didn't notice he animates like a KoF character. That's a nice detail they added.
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • sonic_lightningsonic_lightning Joined: Posts: 29
    Old School: JDCR with Raven vs Knee's Lars

edited November 16
    how many matchups do you guys really learned so far,
    that you know which stuff is duck/sidestepable ect to get your best punish out of these situations?
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,430
    appomo wrote: »
    that you know which stuff is duck/sidestepable ect to get your best punish out of these situations?

Honestly? None.
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,853
    I've learned a lot about King's throw breaks from fighting him (Though I still suck at breaking throws on reaction). Paul's deathfist punish w/Lars, some random things about Dragunov...I kinda know when to jab against Hwo pressure. It'll be a long, long time before I'm comfortable in over half of the MUs, though.
    What is like $2500 a month?
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    @evilj how was the TWT venue in general? Was there a lot of people? How convinient was it to watch matches?

I like your curiosity. I don't know or have an opinion to be honest. There's a video on Aris's youtube and he seems to really like the venue a lot. It's definitely not something I figured would work for a gaming venue because it's so wide.

They had the main stage, then two big screen TVs to the left, with casual stations (geese and regular stations), and then to the right of the main stage but over the wall, they had another TV and then the DBZ stations. The most interesting part was the outdoor area where you can just chill and get a good view of San Francisco.

Here's a short video I took where you can see the seating area to the left. This was during group 3 where I had no desire to watch a two jack bracket.

Green Karin.
  • sonic_lightningsonic_lightning Joined: Posts: 29
    This wknd: 11/17~19 WEGL Tekken 7 Super Fight Last Man Standing - Bracket, Stream & Schedule ft Qudans Knee Saint Anakin AK Book & more

Twitch Streams:
    English
    Korean

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOdunkcU8AA2-Xf.jpg

Round wins/games KST UTC PST
    Ro8 3/5 and Ro4 4/7 Sat 1400-1800 Sat 0500-0900 Fri 9pm-1am Sat
    FINAL 6/11 Sun 1230-1430 Sun 0330-0530 Sat 730pm-930pm

Three.
    Mirror obviously, Law and Leo.
    Forgetting half the shit I learned after a couple of weeks though, but I got some points in mind whenever I meet those characters.
    I was trying to learn the Josie MU but a lot of my issues came down to me just guessing wrong
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 760
    Old School: JDCR with Raven vs Knee's Lars

Tekken 6 had the best matches I had seen since Tekken Tag Tournament and Tekken 4.

• p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,604
    edited November 17

I know the Mishima matchup but I hate the mirror so Ill play another one if they pick one usually but that's more anticipating then anything in those and recognizing tendencies for the main tools

to be honest I know enough of the matchups for every character where you cant do bullshit to me too long and I know how 3d strings and shit work from play soul caliber and this game for years.
    so I don't get abused by stuff alot. lag aside if i'm playing online where its harder to step and certain things become abused easily. Lili in lag becomes a very different beast online. but hopefully the input delay fix will help things.

offline I've played people that try to do the same stuff online and they get blown up. Plus I've seen it and done it in tournament
    just the amount of death matches I've had played and having friends that play everyone makes it so that I'm prepped for alot of shit. although the one that played Lili, Chloe and xiayou moved to japan so that changes things but I've played him enough to where I know those matchups too.

I'm playing the player more often then I'm playing the character. trying to adapt to their tempo and how creative they are with the character
    I don't always react properly. many factors can come into play but I can react optimally when it counts and I'm good at judging distance too.

I save my best punishes some times
    what I mean is that if I'm scraping, hanging in the match with the person and I'm still in a position to win but they are getting away with some thing some times early in the set Ill let it go so that if its close I know they might go to it in the clutch and that's when ill make them pay for it.

depends on who I'm playing sometimes I might stop it early to make them play different in a way that they aren't used to then the match has to evolve and its a scramble to the finish.

but yeah I'm playing the player more often then then the character nowadays.
    Post edited by p.m novaroad pilot on
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,430
    Naeras wrote: »

Honestly? None.

Qualifying statement to this:
    There are quite a few matchups where I know my overall gameplan, what and how to punish things on paper, what options I should stick to on defense, what their defensive options are, what movement options to use when, etc. However, knowing these things isn't the same as being able to apply it in practice effectively. And that's why I say I don't truly know any matchups. I understand a lot of the characters but I don't know them, if that makes any sense.

My best matchups are definitely Mishimas (including grandma Kazumi) and Asuka though, since these characters often have to play right into my strengths as a player. I'm also quite good against Xiaoyu, Feng and Leo. Worst ones are probably Paul, Law and Eddy.