Tekken 7 Discussion

Comments

• NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,484
    There are certain milestones you reach in fighting games that just stick with you, because you either accomplished or learned something new.

The first time I did FADC Ultra in SFIV.
    The first time I really started to understand and implement parries in 3rd Strike.
    The first time I figured out how and when to use air throws properly in Xrd.

Yesterday I had one of those: the first time I actually started to understand when and how to use sidestepping and sidewalking in Tekken.
    I still struggle with seamlessly integrating it into my game (I stepped a bunch of stuff but wasn't really ready to punish it as hard as I could), but I experimented a lot with when and what to sidestep/sidewalk. But hey, I need to learn to (side)walk before I can start running, so it's fine.
  • ElectroManiacElectroManiac Joined: Posts: 454
    edited November 30
    So getting the season pass is $25 and give me Geese, Noctis, Tekken Bawl and some shitty costumes.

Geese alone is $8, so I will asume Noctis will be around the same, so $16 for both.

Yeah I don't need Tekken Bawl and shitty costumes, so no season pass for me. Will get Geese now.
    Steam: Electro
    Tekken 7 Mains: Dragunov and Devil Jim Second: Josie
  • CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 3,048
    I thought the Season Pass only covered DLCs 1, 2, and 3? (Bowling, Geese, and Noctis)
    Extend your TEKKEN 7 experience with the Season Pass! The Season Pass grants you access to 3 TEKKEN 7 content packs sold separately

Oh probably, I bought it before I even knew who the guest characters were. Weird because I don't usually buy season passes for any game, made an exception for Tekken, but Bamco seem to be clueless when it comes to DLC
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,232
    Just came home from basketball training & went into the lab with Geese. Went through his move list & found out a few BnBs. I really like this character and the way he plays.
    Too bad the PSN Geese got delayed.
    So far I had only 20 minutes time to lab with this character.
    I think Geese is gonna be my new secondary in Tekken 7.

some more Geese BnBs

www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,627
    edited November 30
    I like him but he's REALLY unsafe
    Once people start punishing the right way you have to play more compact
    Anakin was playing him super unsafe lol
    He's high risk high reward
  • appoappo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 4,821
    edited December 1
    his animations feel kinda wonkey and chopped a lot compared to the rest of the cast. :pensive:
    warm up room seems to put you out of the queque when you dont accept a match by poping p the window if you want to quit the matchmaking.
    guess its to filter out afk guys?
    rematch in lobbys work, even tho it could be a bit better implemented but at least its there now.

does geese has a cinematic char ending?
    Post edited by appo on

• AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,113
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
    Geese brainstorming n stuff...

= f+1+2. This move seems really good. Mid, low crushes, launches, safe
    = d/f+2. Also good. Mid, homing, CH launches, safe
    = SS3. Quick low, CH launches, -13 at max
    = 2,f+1 xx MAX or b+3,2 xx MAX. Spend a bar to make your combo starter both safe AND plus
    = f+4. Decent mid. Seems quite linear, but also safe midrange poke and CH combo starter
    = d/f+1. Pretty meh in terms of hitbox and tracking, he has 2 extensions to check a player, d/f+1,1 ends high, d/f+1,4 ends mid and is unsafe, I'd say he's missing a good, quick mid poke
    = WS moves aren't great. FC d/f+1 is his faster WS launcher but it's awkward to input as a punish at times, WS2~f+2 slightly less awkward, but a lot slower
    = Mid Parry is godlike, combo on hit and good damage with meter.

The Geese players online are going HAM atm with high risk stuff. Trying to figure out a safer kind of gameplan. Too early to say how good he is... Is he fun though? Fuck yes.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,074 mod
    I'm gonna try him properly tomorrow, I was fucking around a bunch today just spamming moves I could remember. From what I've been looking into he has a bunch of apparent weaknesses, no fast mid checks, is probably the most meter dependent out of the three meter characters in terms of damage output and combo potential and his f3 shenanigans aren't hard to see and duck.

I'm not too great at Tekken so I don't know what makes a great character but I don't particularly see anything crazy in Geese outside of his really good wall damage opportunities.
    appo wrote: »
    his animations feel kinda wonkey and chopped a lot compared to the rest of the cast. :pensive:

I think they specifically said they wanted to animate him like a KoF-character, which explains it.
    His d4 seens to be a good move to.

It give you a counter hit combo, and it looks like it high crush but haven't test it yet. Good move for getting scrubs.
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge One Bad Day Joined: Posts: 16,507
    edited December 1
    It has pretty good range but it's launch punishable on block.
    Geese combos. I was wondering why he could do d4>f3....
    Post edited by Hatred Edge on
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,232
    without CH or MAX Geese has only 2 launchers and d+1+2 ? can't really combo anything of it
    I think b+3 2 should launch without the use of MAX
    the range on this move is decent and it would act like Law's 3+4 4 and Geese could really need a decent whiff punisher from that range
    his f+1+2 is just way too slow and ppl will jab you out of it
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    More stuff:

= You're meant to use f+1+2 like an Orbital Heel, not a poke
    = I don't understand why f+2 exists, it's unsafe and the followup is high, it's slow, doesn't track, doesn't even seem to have a use in combos
    = I'm not a fan of d+4, unlike Akuma's, Geese d+4 has a bit more obvious animation, I was reacting to it in Geese mirrors online. Might be more effective to use in FC mixups but the reward isn't particularly great
    = EX Fireball is good at the wall for pressure, definitely plus frames, not sure how much
    = His Wall Flip has crazy range, need to confirm whether it's safe, but he jumps mad far
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,113
    More stuff:

= I'm not a fan of d+4, unlike Akuma's, Geese d+4 has a bit more obvious animation, I was reacting to it in Geese mirrors online. Might be more effective to use in FC mixups but the reward isn't particularly great

It's special cancellable I think.
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    He has a sweep that's special cancelable on block?!
    edited December 2
    Naeras wrote: »
    He has a sweep that's special cancelable on block?!

24174132_172783596640825_5290198446300860110_n.jpg?oh=57abea037fc4ba70abfc0d92aa79f46d&oe=5AD3576B

From Mastermind via Facebook (found in Kor's Tekken Academy)
    no, it has a unique block animation that negates the cancel. Hit only.
    edited December 2
    yeah once people start recognizing that and that f3 is a high hes gonna slow down a bit
    his movement is definitely better than akumas but i think they will land about the same spot in viability once its all set and done.
    his f1 command normal is unsafe on block so you have to cancel it into a special move. the only one that is safe is qcf 1 which is a high
    he has to end it in qcb 1,3 for the mid ender
    Post edited by p.m novaroad pilot on
  • The Invincible SwordsmanThe Invincible Swordsman Only built for SRK Joined: Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2
    I think you mean qcb.

His armor moves are the hcb 3/hcb4 moves. They wall splat too. Very unsafe on block.

I was having trouble finding punishers worth my time until someone got me hip to using 1qcb1 and Ws1qcb1. I can work with knockdowns.

He’s definitely a defensive character. I don’t thInk he can get too much mileage out of his up close game but I was wrong about kazumi’s too so who knows. I really like his standing 4, f4, and df2. They’re good for keeping people out and the rewards are there.
    Edit* his damage with meter is robust. Ending combos with Reppuken, Final Reppuken, Wr1 is really good damage.

This has been THE INVINCIBLE SWORDSMAN saying:

Is 2 guaranteed after the mid counter?
    2 and b+3 are both guaranteed after a mid counter...

I think a major weakness in Geese is that 1,1 does not jail. So you can't produce similar offence like you can with say, Kazumi. My boy who I spar with is already ducking the "pressure", luckily you can mix this with 1,2, but a jailing 1,1 would've been nice.

His fastest mid poke is d/f+1 with poor range and hitbox. His other fast mids, b+3 and d/f+4 don't have great block frames... They are safe but not enough to move freely after.
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,406
    edited December 4
    appo wrote: »

I thought it was brilliant they did that, it's basically simulating classic KOF

but he's mad cheap if you don't know how to fight against him. doubt I'll be using him myself
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
    I just pick akuma against geeses now lol
    he has a hard time dealing with someone who can fadc and has meter and fire balls like him
    so he can zone him and gesse has a hard time reacting to demon flip/jump pressure
    their pokes are somewhat similar as well
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 1,119
    Thinking of picking up a Mishima. What are the big differences between the 4's gameplans?

Kaz - Can punish anything thats punishable, no questions asked. Really easy combos. Rage drive is + on block, fast, does deathfist damage, and puts him in devil mode. Hellsweep can splat if close to a wall. Can do a safe mid launcher out of a wavedash. Oki is good because of ff4. Overall weakest to sidestep left. No real crazy panic moves to get people off of him. Has to do EWGF to launch punish

DJ - Has d3+4 as a launch punish for -15 moves if you suck at punishing with EWGF. Has a "1" break, a "2" break, and a "1+2" break throw to mixup with. Single hellsweep leads to juggles. bf2,1 and b4 prevent people from stepping his weakside.

Hei - Has strongest arsenal of mid pokes compared to Kaz/DJ. Has a hopkick as a panic move, but only launches on counter. Hellsweep isnt guaranteed damage like DJ but still good. Generally hits pretty hard. RD is combo extender and + on block. Like Kaz, only has EWGF to launch punish. Unlike Kaz, doesn't have a proper while standing launcher. All lows are launch punishible on block.

Jin - Decent panic moves with uf2 and uf4. Great set of space control moves with ff2 and f4. Can bully people with armor move when they're low on life. Great punishers. RD is decent, and Rage Art can punish moves that are -13 or worse. Parry is mostly situational but nice to have. d3+4 is there if you can't EWHF to launch punish. Can't launch with normal WHF, has to be the just frame and the combo isnt as strong as the other 3. Small moveset and lack of strings so most seasoned players know how to fight him.
    Naeras wrote: »
    There are certain milestones you reach in fighting games that just stick with you, because you either accomplished or learned something new.

The first time I did FADC Ultra in SFIV.
    The first time I really started to understand and implement parries in 3rd Strike.
    The first time I figured out how and when to use air throws properly in Xrd.

Yesterday I had one of those: the first time I actually started to understand when and how to use sidestepping and sidewalking in Tekken.
    I still struggle with seamlessly integrating it into my game (I stepped a bunch of stuff but wasn't really ready to punish it as hard as I could), but I experimented a lot with when and what to sidestep/sidewalk. But hey, I need to learn to (side)walk before I can start running, so it's fine.
    If you're 0 to -5 on block, you're in a good position to sidestep/sidewalk.

-9 on block you kinda have to hold that shit or take a risky chance at attempting to use a high/low crush move to "steal" your turn.

Quick sidewalks (just enough to see your dude walk) and then block is ok at mid-range.

Some characters get really good dmg if they catch the opponents side.
    T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,609
    Is regular Jin's hellsweep actually a hellsweep? That shit doesn't look like it crushes highs.
    Add me for some Tekken 7 if you're from Europe.
    I'm not playing anything else these days:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/NaughtySenpai/
    none of the hellsweeps actually crush highs

and the thresh hold for sidestepping even jabs is -2
    Is regular Jin's hellsweep actually a hellsweep? That shit doesn't look like it crushes highs.

Jin's is kinda whack in comparison
    the stage seems to cause some controversy and if it should be tournament legal or changed
    so that the damage potential is not so high for that one round in which you might get the 3 walls/balkony drop.

i didnt bought him so far so with that i dont have the stage and played just a few matches on it where neither of us took advantage of it.
    my first thought was that it should stay as it is since its a one round only thing and other stages have similiar damage boosts due to floor/wall breaks.

• eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 5
    The stage has the aesthetic of a Virtua Fighter or Sega stage to me. Pretty cool.
    Green Karin.
  • Virtua_LeonVirtua_Leon Gal me seeeerious Joined: Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So no sobat kara cancel into ground throw for geese in t 7?

AAAAAAAAS WE ENTER!
    i dont mind howard estate
    forgotten realm is objectively worse anyways in terms of damage
    that stage carries the fuck out of people
    it least you only have to deal with howards estates issues in terms of high damage for one round
    i hate forgotten realm i mean i let it rock if its picked for a while but if i can pick the stage im gonna avoid that shit i do it in tournament lmfao
    i dont mind any other stage but ive seen stupid ass damage for landing the hit in forgotten into oki on that stage

edited December 5
    T7 Chicken app updated (Geese included):

wieqyFW.png
    edited December 6
    desk combo video

I mean certain characters get more from ground break stages, one player can get every floor break and they've never been banned, so what's the difference?
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gotta love combo videos and creativity.

Here's a set that appeared in my feed

Knee (Devil Jin) vs Qudans (Bryan)

Imagine running into your friend/rival while using their main versus your main

Green Karin.
    evilj wrote: »
    Gotta love combo videos and creativity.

Here's a set that appeared in my feed

Knee (Devil Jin) vs Qudans (Bryan)

Imagine running into your friend/rival while using their main versus your main

The Bowling Wind God Fist :lol:

Good fights. Wasn't expecting Qudan's Brian to be that good. Though he is Qudans, so no surprise.
    knees face when he saw qudans name was priceless
    great match I wanna watch the rest when I get home!