Tekken 7 Discussion

Comments

• NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,479
    edited December 6
    Apparently our local arcade-bar is getting a TTT-cabinet.
    brb gotta pracc Mishimas on stick so that I can take everyone's arcade money. That, or find someone to work with Julia, I wanna try her in that game.
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 6
    I believe she has a an 8 frame jab in that game, and a great magic 4.

Also, behold the Julia "wonder combo",a tekkenzaibatsu coined term from the early 2000s.

Uf+4, d+2, fc, df+4,3, d/f+4<2<b,f+1

hopkick, down jab, bow and arrow, mountain crusher. I believe it does over 70 damage.

also the 2nd hit of shotgun (d~df+1,2) can be delayed to counterhit and combo into df+2~1, into elbows.

mad axes (qcb, f+2) can be buffered from practically anything including forward dashes, sidesteps, shotgun, manual low parry.
    Green Karin.
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,626
    i think my devil jin is bugged
    i cant find anyone for matches on ranked but i go to any other of my people and instantly i find people of the rank that my devil jin was looking for
    that why its taking so long to promo
  • ElectroManiacElectroManiac Joined: Posts: 444
    edited December 7
    100 damage combo with only one bar from Geese if you get them on the sides or the back.

Steam: Electro
    Tekken 7 Mains: Dragunov and Devil Jim Second: Josie
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,605
    Yung Mitsurugi, doe!
    Good time to play 3d fighters.
    I just pray to god that the game does not suck.
    Add me for some Tekken 7 if you're from Europe.
    I'm not playing anything else these days:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/NaughtySenpai/
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,224
    mitsu & SC6 so hype!
    namco is takin over
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 3,048
    I didn't think the trailer was very good but if they make the game anything like the 1st 2 Soul Calibur games I am in there
    I hope we get a throwback Mitsurugi costume though. That dude needs a bit of hair on his face.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,046 mod
    Is it a prequel?
    edited December 9

Kotaku has a great article on Qudans and the TWT victory. Says knee and the crowd support was a big factor in helping him win . Says he knew he could beat JDCR but was not sure about Saint ...but started saying "I can do this " as opposed to "can I do this ?"

What's funny is you see him say "I can do it" after beating Saint 2-0 in the last set of grand finals TWT.
    Green Karin.
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,111

Felt this was an interesting thing to bring up.
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
  • appoappo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 4,797
    edited December 12
    14th December Input Lag Patch
    http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/9/tekken-7-update-to-reduce-input-lag-is-coming-december-14.html
    he mentions just the ps4 but it makes no sense since the xbox version seem to have the same amount.

guess we will find out soon if its a overall patch or not... :pensive:
    Post edited by appo on

Froztey wrote: »
    Is it a prequel?

Looks like it. Says that it plays around Soul Calibur 1 or something.
    edited December 12
    Tekken 7 Community Vote

"We would like to extend a heartfelt “Thank You” to the community for your continued support of TEKKEN,
    and would also like to honor some of the incredibly talented people who made this one of the best years
    of TEKKEN yet. Presenting: The TEKKEN Awards.

Please vote for who or what you think should win an award for each of the 5 categories: Content Creator
    of the Year, Team of the Year, MVP of the Year, Match of the Year, and Tournament of the Year."

https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/tekken-7-community-vote

• NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,890
    I wonder who's going to win Content Creator of the year...Seems like a REALLY TOUGH decision.
    What is like $2500 a month?
  • CathraoCathrao Police brutality Joined: Posts: 654
    If Aris doesn't get it, I'm hiring a hitman to cut Harada's finger off.
    Steam ID: Cathrao | SFV: Sakura | T7: Lili/Feng
    edited December 12
    For me:

Content Creator: Aris all the way.

Team of the Year: Echofox

MVP of the year: I guess JDCR deserve it for dominating most of the year plus winning EVO. But my hearth would love Qudans to get it.

Match of the year: This is a tough one. JDCR vs Knee winners finals on Rev Mayor was one of the best match I have seen. Qudans vs JDCR looser finals at Tekken World Finals was really cool because of the Mishima match.

On a technical level and hype I will say JDCR vs Knee winner finals at Rev Mayor was the best match of the year.

Tournament of the Year have to be to Tekken World Finals, so many great matches on that tournament.
    Wtf
    You can't vote for Rev Major Winner's Finals
    Namcops pls
    edited December 12
    Naeras wrote: »
    Wtf
    You can't vote for Rev Major Winner's Finals
    Namcops pls

Yeah just open the page to vote and see that you cant pick that one. That sucks. Also no Tekken World Finals for tournament of the year, but funny they did add Rev Mayor on it.
    edited December 12
    For me:

Content Creator: Aris all the way.

Team of the Year: Echofox

MVP of the year: I guess JDCR deserve it for dominating most of the year plus winning EVO. But my hearth would love Qudans to get it.

Match of the year: This is a tough one. JDCR vs Knee winners finals on Rev Mayor was one of the best match I have seen. Qudans vs JDCR looser finals at Tekken World Finals was really cool because of the Mishima match.

On a technical level and hype I will say JDCR vs Knee winner finals at Rev Mayor was the best match of the year.

Tournament of the Year have to be to Tekken World Finals, so many great matches on that tournament.

voted the same way beside of the tourney...dont even know what i picked anymore due to them having these odd options avaiable.

• CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 3,048
    Aww come on, where's Naps vs Nobi? I'll just never forget seeing that moment.
    In other news Soul Calibur 6 will most likely suck big balls, because it has all the mechanics that made SC5 shitty, except for GI costing meter.
    I didn't watch some of the tournaments, but I would say they should have removed Evo from the list and put Tekken World Finals in there instead.

I voted for Rev Major.
    Green Karin.
    edited December 13
    Interesting Video :pensive:

Advanced Topics in Tekken 7 - Escaping Backturned State with Throw

• PopekPopek Joined: Posts: 1
    How can I buy Tekken 7? Steam? GoG? Or other way? ty
    Steam works fine.
    but due to the pricetag i wouldnt buy it direct on steam.
    there are other sides where you get the base or complete edition for much less.
    when you are in the euro region cdkeys.com is a good place to look.
    Tekken Base Game 22,79€ / Deluxe 37,61€

at the end no matter where, a steam account is required.

I finally got overlord with devil Jin
    It was long but now I got there so I'm gonna play heihachi to get him there then akuma. Akuma is gonna be the toughest to get there. He's sitting at savior though. My hei is at vanquisher right now. Then I'll go for genbu
    It was long but now I got there so I'm gonna play heihachi to get him there then akuma. Akuma is gonna be the toughest to get there. He's sitting at savior though. My hei is at vanquisher right now. Then I'll go for genbu

nice accomplishment.
    dont you want your other chars to rank up or or why do you not take the final step to be in the red ranks?

appo wrote: »

nice accomplishment.
    dont you want your other chars to rank up or or why do you not take the final step to be in the red ranks?

The only problem with ranked is time lol. it takes forever to find a match because the matchmaking is bugged I set it to people with in my rank or above or below. I'll end up getting people to far above or under. I've waited so long I'll put the search to any and just fight whoever.

I'll play anyways most of the time but we aren't getting anywhere. The other issue is that if I do find somebody close to or at my rank if I win they will leave. If they win they might leave or revenge match then leave if shit goes bad. I once was about to be demoted and I brought it 5 matches back when he saw what was happening he left. I can't get too riled up but it is irritating cause I've had to hold demotions for a while now.I try to play it out most of the time. There was one point I got demoted down to usurper.

It sounds like a lot but if matchmaking would find people faster and people would just play I would just go for it. But it's taken me long to get here and I need a break from devil Jin. plus I sub hei so I want someone at that rank. Once I have it least 2 I push for the next one so I can keep it. It may sound a little bit shallow but the time sink nudges me to play this way. Especially since I can and I'll play regardless who it is.
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,111
    edited December 14
    Tekken 7 v1.10 "input lag reduction" patch is live. I can't test it out (being a PC user)... but reports seem decent on r/tekken.

EDIT:
    Post edited by AceKombat on
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,023
    It's down by 3 frames now, that's huge
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,890
    Hopefully that means JDCR brings back Heihachi. I need more matches to study
    What is like $2500 a month?
    edited December 14

nice accomplishment.

The only problem with ranked is time lol. it takes forever to find a match because the matchmaking is bugged I set it to people with in my rank or above or below. I'll end up getting people to far above or under. I've waited so long I'll put the search to any and just fight whoever.

I'll play anyways most of the time but we aren't getting anywhere. The other issue is that if I do find somebody close to or at my rank if I win they will leave. If they win they might leave or revenge match then leave if shit goes bad. I once was about to be demoted and I brought it 5 matches back when he saw what was happening he left. I can't get too riled up but it is irritating cause I've had to hold demotions for a while now.I try to play it out most of the time. There was one point I got demoted down to usurper.

It sounds like a lot but if matchmaking would find people faster and people would just play I would just go for it. But it's taken me long to get here and I need a break from devil Jin. plus I sub hei so I want someone at that rank. Once I have it least 2 I push for the next one so I can keep it. It may sound a little bit shallow but the time sink nudges me to play this way. Especially since I can and I'll play regardless who it is.

You have the same problem as me: you'd rather actually play the game rather than racking up points.

Such an attitude has no place on SRK. We're here to get points, not to have fun. Filthy casual mindset >=[
    so the ps4 version is now on par with the pc version (vsync turned off)
    glad to see that there is no difference anymore between the systems but at the same time i wonder if that unreal engine update shouldnt allow pc user to get even less delay when they would implement it.

Naeras wrote: »
    You have the same problem as me: you'd rather actually play the game rather than racking up points.

Such an attitude has no place on SRK. We're here to get points, not to have fun. Filthy casual mindset >=[

B-but...but I like fun. ;-;
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,023
    glad to see that there is no difference anymore between the systems but at the same time i wonder if that unreal engine update shouldnt allow pc user to get even less delay when they would implement it.

Apparently the patch is out on Steam, so I'm sure somebody will test it out
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

Apparently the patch is out on Steam, so I'm sure somebody will test it out

" Patch Notes 1.10
    1.10 is live on Steam! It features improvement of the overall game stability: we've increased game performance stability during battle and character customization.
    On consoles, the patch also improved input delay responsiveness to bring it closer to the PC experience :) "
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/389730/discussions/0/2906376154312671263/

seems we got no reduction.

edited December 14
    On consoles, the patch also improved input delay responsiveness to bring it closer to the PC experience :) "
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/389730/discussions/0/2906376154312671263/

seems we got no reduction.

Yeah, the idea was to bring the two ports closer to each other.