Tekken 7 Discussion

Comments

• eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    There's a sidestep list from the TTT2 days and I think it was posted or updated here before.
    The only ones I knew or memorized off the top of my head was
    Leo and Xiaoyu-SSL
    Hwoarang, Law, and Paul-SSR

I sidewalk more than I sidestep when I'm trying to create a whiff up close.
    The sidestep left doesn't seem to help me out as much against Leo and Xiaoyu players compared to sidewalking right against Law players who will use the 1,2,3 into d+2,3 setup. Sidewalk right beats both those strings.

I have trouble against Leo too, I think she has some strings you have to duck in order to punish and my reactions aren't there.
    Her BOK 2 always gets me and it's only -9 on block. I don't know why that thing is safe.

For Hwoarang, I'd say being out of range (not whiffing when you're out of range), engaging him when you're within range, and blocking high are better tactics than trying to sidestep him. I'd say his worst matchup is against a turtling Devil Jin or Heihachi. Qudans vs Speedkicks is a perfect example of DJ shutting him down.

I used to hate the hwoarang paul matchup but I kind of like it now. I think I may learn Paul for fun.

Green Karin.
    I gotta say once you have the basics of Tekken down, T7 Bryan is like the easiest character to get results with.
    He needs like 6 moves to win, and most of those 6 moves are safe.

I was playing a long set and getting fucked up against a Josie player awhile back, But in our matchups, somehow I won overall while using Bryan despite not knowing anything about her. This prompted me to actually learn her and she's one of my favorite characters to use now, but she's definitely lower tier.

So I got a decent Josie now and when I run into Bryan players with her, it takes so much work and risk taking to beat him.

Green Karin.
    edited December 2017
    Here's me playing a FT5 against a higher ranked player and hwoarang than myself who I've never played before.

Using the same tactics I mentioned, spacing, staying out of range, using low jabs to get out of his strings. I don't think I successfully sidestepped right anything in this set. This guy could not break 1+2 throws.

Green Karin.
  • CathraoCathrao Cheeky lil bugger Joined: Posts: 700
    edited December 2017
    Watching the vids reminded me of something I had hoped to ask; what rule governs whether a move crumples the opponent for a combo opportunity during a trade, in Tekken?

I never got to figure that out, nor do I remember getting such opportunities much at all.
    Steam ID: Cathrao | SFV: Sakura? | T7: Lili/Feng
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,646
    edited December 2017
    Cathrao wrote: »
    Watching the vids reminded me of something I had hoped to ask; what rule governs whether a move crumples the opponent for a combo opportunity during a trade, in Tekken?

I never got to figure that out, nor do I remember getting such opportunities much at all.

It's a counter hit scenario. If a move launches on counter hit it will launch on a trade since both are technically counter hits.
    I also think that this is new to the series, because iirc trades didn't retain counter hit properties in older games.

The crumple state is a basic launch that looks differently. Most launchers or counter hit launchers throw you right in the air but stuff like Paul's b+3 or Kazuya's CH df+2 leave you in a crumpled state that lets you go for a full combo with slightly less damage than a regular launcher.

Something else you could've got hit by are fake crumple states that you can mash out of by holding down or back (don't quite remember). An example of that would be a counter hit on the second hit of Paul's df+3,4.
    Post edited by ArtVandelay on
    Add me for some Tekken 7 if you're from Europe.
    I'm not playing anything else these days:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/NaughtySenpai/
    edited December 2017
    It's a counter hit scenario. If a move launches on counter hit it will launch on a trade since both are technically counter hits.
    I also think that this is new to the series, because iirc trades didn't retain counter hit properties in older games.

Shit, that makes more sense than I expected it to. Thanks!
  • ElectroManiacElectroManiac Joined: Posts: 482
    Cool Geese combo video from Knee

Steam: Electro
    Tekken 7 Mains: Dragunov and Devil Jim Second: Josie
  • appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,073
    edited December 2017
    merry christmas everyone, hope you have a few good days till next year.

appo wrote: »
    merry christmas everyone, hope you have a few good days till next year.

Thanks and you too.
    Happy holidays, everybody.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,525
    edited December 2017
    I want godlike ewgf-execution for Christmas.

If I can't have that, I'll make do with Julia, Bruce, Tekken Ball or Tekken Force.

Namco Claus pls
    edited December 2017
    Green Karin.
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 5,006
    I haven't been able to play Tekken in a long time, but watching RIP play ranked reminded me how I hate how much damage Law's armored kick does.
    What is like $2500 a month?
    Isn't it linear as hell, at least a 12 frame punish and hits mid though?
    edited December 2017
    Yes+Maybe, but I'm not here to be rational
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,638
    edited December 2017
    ff3 is minus 17 i think
    push back aside you can launch it
    i think you said you were trying heihachi if i remember
    just do df 1, 2 to be safe
    i hate that kick too

Those matches vs the hwoarang were really good! side walk is risky because of the homing and armor moves sometimes but if they auto pilot you can punish them.
    ill do it to show i can do it and threaten with it but most times I play it like you and space out. If hes up close I try to wait out the pressure. after a couple of reps ill try to still my turn

if you guys get a chance check out this short compilation i did
    its just some cool and interesting clips I gathered over the past few weeks of me playing.

Post edited by p.m novaroad pilot on
  • AirLancerAirLancer Just a touch of Honey Joined: Posts: 837
    Can anyone tell me some moves leave a character (that performed the move) -10 or more on block and back turned?

Need them for a possible Geese video...
    edited December 2017
    I think King has a wake up spring kick or some shit that leaves him highly negative and back turned. Either that or those morons doing it can't block. Haven't looked into his frame data yet, it's pure experience through online play, so take it with a grain of salt.
  • ElectroManiacElectroManiac Joined: Posts: 482
    Is there a hack or something that make your all character move positive on block? lol

I play this Jin, everytime I block his cancans I couldn't punish it even with a jab wtf?
    Steam: Electro
    Tekken 7 Mains: Dragunov and Devil Jim Second: Josie
    edited December 2017
    Based on a recent Interview, Tekken7 sold already over 3Million Units.
    I hope SoulCalibur will do well too so that both Series Continue.

I just wish the competitive community was growing as much as the casual fanbase.
    Finding people to play with on PC is not easy, especially if you're looking for specific characters.
    I just wish the competitive community was growing as much as the casual fanbase.
    Finding people to play with on PC is not easy, especially if you're looking for specific characters.
    ? there are plenty of people online playing the game, especially in your region.
    or do you talk about people who get into longer sessions with you?

? there are plenty of people online playing the game, especially in your region.
    or do you talk about people who get into longer sessions with you?

Yeah. I've been looking for Law and Paul players around early orange ranks/late yellow ranks for weeks.
    edited December 2017
    @LiangHuBBB
    didnt you actually played both of these chars?
    are you still in the game and the state of being a competition for art?

@ art
    er ist auch aus deutschland.
    ansonsten würde ich hier mal reingucken.
    https://forum.hardedge.org/index.php?thread/16787-tekken-7-ranking-battle-im-meltdown-berlin/
    eventuell findest du ja jemanden in deren discord der dem profil entspricht.
    bzw allgemein kannst du da im forum in der session kategorie gucken ob es leute aus deinem bundesland gibt.

• LocksolidLocksolid Joined: Posts: 1
    Is there much T7 comp in Jersey? Or not really?
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,276
    @LiangHuBBB
    didnt you actually played both of these chars?
    are you still in the game and the state of being a competition for art?

@ art
    er ist auch aus deutschland.
    ansonsten würde ich hier mal reingucken.
    https://forum.hardedge.org/index.php?thread/16787-tekken-7-ranking-battle-im-meltdown-berlin/
    eventuell findest du ja jemanden in deren discord der dem profil entspricht.
    bzw allgemein kannst du da im forum in der session kategorie gucken ob es leute aus deinem bundesland gibt.

you mean Paul and Law? Ye

haven't played T7 since 3 weeks though because of fighting EX layer beta and XC2 on switch
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    T7 sold 3 million copies in 6 months. Happy times.
    edited December 2017
    Oh god I did something really stupid.
    I figured out a way to do EWGF fairly reliably on a hitbox on P2 side:
    Press and hold forward, rapidly piano-input back~down while still holding, then press 2 as you release the backward-button.

There goes my free time. I GOT CAUGHT IN THE MISHIMA VORTEX AGAIN GAAAAH
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,178
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    edited December 2017
    Naeras wrote: »
    its indeed a good thing, especially that it seems to do well on pc too which grants us for sure future titles.
    i hope soul gets the same love.

@art
    :-3 next year, long sessions.

its indeed a good thing, especially that it seems to do well on pc too which grants us for sure future titles.

@art

Are you that cunt that one and done'd me and then added me to friends yesterday?
    edited December 2017

@art

Are you that cunt that one and done'd me and then added me to friends yesterday?

original.gif?1456426040
    kinda funny that after so many hours i get you the first day i come in after a few week break for the first time.
    i really wonder why we dont meet each other more often ingame. :pensive:
    it was playermatches anyway so nothing to bother about :-p

edited December 2017
    I only play player matches anyways. Ranked is full of bitches.
    I just never add people that one and done me and then add me to friends, because whenever I did that it was some cunt with inferiority complexes that needs to tell me how great he is and how bad I am.

Just when I blocked your friend request, the avatar seemed familiar and I knew you played Feng, but it didn't make sense since I thought I had you on my friend list already.
    I only play player matches anyways. Ranked is full of bitches.
    I just never add people that one and done me and then add me to friends, because whenever I did that it was some cunt with inferiority complexes that needs to tell me how great he is and how bad I am.

Just when I blocked your friend request, the avatar seemed familiar and I knew you played Feng, but it didn't make sense since I thought I had you on my friend list already.

yeah, i had you guys on that account but before the break i removed ya all since i want to use a other account for sessions anyway next year.
    i actually wanted to add you to apologize :) no trash talk intendet.

same here, i actually avoid ranked as much as possible so most of my matches are from playermatches.

yeah, i had you guys on that account but before the break i removed ya all since i want to use a other account for sessions anyway next year.
    i actually wanted to add you to apologize :) no trash talk intendet.

same here, i actually avoid ranked as much as possible so most of my matches are from playermatches.
    Why do you even have multiple Steam accounts? That sounds horribly inconvenient and time consuming.

Unless you're hiding something on the other one... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    edited December 2017
    alternate steam accounts thx to "family sharing" are great and you can use them for several things and they are very easy to set up in 10 minutes or less when you know how to do it. what i used them for so far (fighting game related)

used one for the meltdown bar (gaming bar) with sfv during 2016.
    there are open pc´s so you dont know whats on them and its safer to play with a alt.
    i dont had to worry that people spend my main accounts fightmoney when i was not around and even when i was not there
    they could use that account because i gave em the logins to play with each other on the pc´s.
    (most of em where ps4 heads so they dont owned a steam version)

sfv and its lack of bp aka char point system.
    -i used several accounts for new chars to start by zero points with em.
    -i used them to test out/buy new chars without to spend my fm on my main account. so i had access to the season one chars but bought the season pass later on for less then 10 bucks in a sale at the end of the season for my main account.

Post edited by appo on

edited December 2017
    Been playing T5 because I'm away from my PS4 and I'm really enjoying Ganryu. Bring him back, Harada!

EDIT: Lars, Ganryu, and Noctis...I think I know what my demographic is.
    edited January 1
    seems to be over 2,5 M not over 3
    still not bad for 7 month.

bears get some "love" on the arcades.
    supposed to be dog and cat....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSbkCT4V4AMIoi7.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSbkCT8UMAEJlHL.jpg

Post edited by appo on

• sonic_lightningsonic_lightning Joined: Posts: 34
    edited January 1
    TK7 - Noroma vs. JDCR [FT10] (Pro Gaming Dream Match)