Tekken 7 Discussion

Comments

• BallTapperBallTapper Swag in their face Joined: Posts: 511
    edited July 2014
    strings with ki charge active do guard damage, soooo.......

TTT2: Dragunov/Bryan, Steve/Lars, Jinpachi/King, Lars/Leo
    3SOE: Necro, Urien, Hugo
    MvC2: Charlie/Sabretooth/Juggernaut, Venom/Juggernaut/Jill, MSP
    HDR: O.Sagat, Balrog,
    KOF98UM: Orochi Yashiro, Kyo, Daimon
    KOF2002UM: Vanessa, Jhun, Iori, Clark, Hinako, Chang, Orochi Yashiro, EX Takuma
    KOF13: Ralf/Takuma/?
    Injustice Frauds Among Us: Grundy, DerperMan, Nightwing
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: This Game Sucks
    Super Setup Fighter IV: This Game Also Sucks
    SFxT: Nina/Steve, Sagat/Law, Jin/Alisa
    Soul Caliber 2: Kilik
    DS3: Rikuo, Victor, Lord Raptor
    Skullgirls: Big Band/Cerebella
    SamSho2: Earthquake, Kyoshiro
  • SplitAtomsSplitAtoms Joined: Posts: 70
    The game kinda needs stripped down movelists and i feel that bound needs to go away. Is it just me or that wants a strong oki game like in earlier T5 and also i want it back to 8,10, 12 jabbers like it used to be.
    BOOM BAP
  • ReckionReckion I have such a raging clue right now!! Joined: Posts: 109
    SplitAtoms wrote: »
    The game kinda needs stripped down movelists and i feel that bound needs to go away. Is it just me or that wants a strong oki game like in earlier T5 and also i want it back to 8,10, 12 jabbers like it used to be.

Don't agree with the stripped down movelists. I feel like its good like that.
    the thing that bothered me and im sure so beginners is that there are 100s of moves and you'll use maybe 10 and only 4 or 5 you'll use on a regular. you end up going through all those moves and nowhere close to half are really useful, everything else is usually combo filler.
    BOOM BAP
    the thing that bothered me and im sure so beginners is that there are 100s of moves and you'll use maybe 10 and only 4 or 5 you'll use on a regular. you end up going through all those moves and nowhere close to half are really useful, everything else is usually combo filler.

But that allows for a lot of different styles. Newbies should start with small stuff and then advance to something bigger. And besides, I prefer much more than much less. You will probably see that in the future, you will have more necessity to use those so called "filler".

Although I do agree it can be silly sometimes.
  • BrooklynBrooklyn breathe water. Joined: Posts: 590
    The only request I have is that I can use the new mcz KE fight stick that I just bought 3 months ago on the PS4.
    llgittens
    Ö£d Σçhòò£ Å┼ Ñööñ
    psn/steam: urcreditscore xbox: urcr3ditscor3
    Brooklyn wrote: »
    The only request I have is that I can use the new mcz KE fight stick that I just bought 3 months ago on the PS4.

It will be on Unreal Engine 4, wich makes it easier (I think) for the game to be in every platforms, so yeah, it will be on ps4. Hope on pc too. That would be nice
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 5,986
    Maybe they will finally make Christie and Eddy two different characters. And give them a walking handstand and a safe mid punish. Jesus christ its been over 15 years now.

I'd also like to see some Zafina buffs.

Team Namco is a bunch of nationalists tho, and always set out to make the Mishimas god tier while everyone else is high tier on accident.
  • BallTapperBallTapper Swag in their face Joined: Posts: 511
    Maybe they will finally make Christie and Eddy two different characters. And give them a walking handstand and a safe mid punish. Jesus christ its been over 15 years now.

I'd also like to see some Zafina buffs.

Team Namco is a bunch of nationalists tho, and always set out to make the Mishimas god tier while everyone else is high tier on accident.

if its a punish why does it need to be safe?
    TTT2: Dragunov/Bryan, Steve/Lars, Jinpachi/King, Lars/Leo
    3SOE: Necro, Urien, Hugo
    MvC2: Charlie/Sabretooth/Juggernaut, Venom/Juggernaut/Jill, MSP
    HDR: O.Sagat, Balrog,
    KOF98UM: Orochi Yashiro, Kyo, Daimon
    KOF2002UM: Vanessa, Jhun, Iori, Clark, Hinako, Chang, Orochi Yashiro, EX Takuma
    KOF13: Ralf/Takuma/?
    Injustice Frauds Among Us: Grundy, DerperMan, Nightwing
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: This Game Sucks
    Super Setup Fighter IV: This Game Also Sucks
    SFxT: Nina/Steve, Sagat/Law, Jin/Alisa
    Soul Caliber 2: Kilik
    DS3: Rikuo, Victor, Lord Raptor
    Skullgirls: Big Band/Cerebella
    SamSho2: Earthquake, Kyoshiro
    So that Chreddy has something to enforce fear and keep advantage up close...something all the good characters have. Everything that gives plus is really slow and everything thats fast is really unsafe. I would love for uf3+4 to be safe but thatll never happen.

df+2 is weak compared to other characters close range launch or directional 1+2 blowbacks.

The thing with Chreddy seeing as I have mained Christie since Tekken 4 is negative is actually useless against anyone who has matchup experience. Its so fucked up that they can be juggled by just about every standing mid and

EDIT: I dont even feel like going into this. Everytime a new Tekken comes along I do this. I enjoy the new additions to Christie but for the most part her core game hasnt changed and she dont really have shit to really evolve her game. I really need some quick 50/50 strings up close, movement in HSD and useful NEG>HSD and HSD>NEG transitions.

Same with Zafina.

Tired of the cool characters getting the short end of the stick
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Besides "that's how it's always been, get used to it", is there a reason for not adding 8WR?
    maxx wrote: »
    i hope this is just the end of the mishima storyline and not the series. it's time for a new face of the company *randyorton.gif*

I vote Steve Fox. Still don't know who the father is and why he was even conceived.
    Lygophilia wrote: »
    Sadly, I thought that Tekken 4 was the only good one out of the series, but I will watch over this though. They should do away with the robotic movement this time.

Youre literally the first person in the world to say that.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 34,761 mod
    Brooklyn wrote: »
    Depends on if they add the drivers for it.

Currently, the only effort to do so is for the PS4 port of Skullgirls. That said, Mike Z has said that if they do get them to work, he'll release the drivers for free for any developer to be able to use them on their own games.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,236 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2014
    Besides "that's how it's always been, get used to it", is there a reason for not adding 8WR?
    i hope this is just the end of the mishima storyline and not the series. it's time for a new face of the company *randyorton.gif*

I vote Steve Fox. Still don't know who the father is and why he was even conceived.

i was thinking the same thing. I dont think they've had a more drawn out storyline that didnt involve a mishima.
    Sadly, I thought that Tekken 4 was the only good one out of the series, but I will watch over this though. They should do away with the robotic movement this time.

troll post confirmed. no one likes that broken ass game.

it just means you have different styles to choose from imo. to me everyone can play the same character a bunch of different ways and come out on top.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 756
    http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2014/7/15/tekken-7-thoughts-plus-additional-info-from-harada.html

There's a video from AVP about Tekken 7. Apparantly the night before the reveal Aris was able to get some info from Harada about the next Tekken game without knowing it would be Tekken 7.
    Interesting points (to me anyway):
    1. Harada's thoughts about the roster. I've been thinking mid 30's is sweet spot for fighting games for a while now myself.
    2. Ip Man stuff
    3. Harada's thoughts about the walking technique that they apparently (I have never played TR, so I'm not sure how it works) added in Tekken Revolution
    It's nice to meet you, too.
  • OGSFOGSF Joined: Posts: 713
    Kazumi is the last boss?
    "The few prosper, while the rest suffer." - OGSF
    OGSF wrote: »
    Kazumi is the last boss?
    doubt it....shes probably gonna be playable so she can whoop her abusive husbands ass.

like i really cant see playing jin only to have your mom as the last boss. he'd be like "i had to fight dad, grandad,great grand dad...and now my mom!?"

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge MAD STRUGGLE Joined: Posts: 15,914
    Kazumi would be his grandmother. Jun is his mother. The final boss in Tag 2.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    Kazumi would be his grandmother. Jun is his mother. The final boss in Tag 2.
    oops meant grandma. which is even worse.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Crack is back! Joined: Posts: 24,133

Probably because that's Soul Calibur's thing.

PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr

As if I need to follow the community as a trend on games they like or dislike. That's how your kind operates. Unlike you mindless sheep, I can think for myself.

please explain how it wasnt broken...and imma need you to use jin as the basis for this thesis.

I mean it has the best music in the series bar none

oh the music and stages were glorious as fuck

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:

Better than Tag for ps2? I dunno man...
    BOOM BAP
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge MAD STRUGGLE Joined: Posts: 15,914

As if I need to follow the community as a trend on games they like or dislike. That's how your kind operates. Unlike you mindless sheep, I can think for myself.

please explain how it wasnt broken...and imma need you to use jin as the basis for this thesis.
    Using Jin as the basis? No prob. JIn has that badass hoodie.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."

Its fine if you like it but that game had MAJOR issues!

BOOM BAP

Using Jin as the basis? No prob. JIn has that badass hoodie.

hahahaha everything good about t4 is the things we shouldnt be focusing on. shout outs to the airport stage and the nicest mall i ever saw.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • RagingDemonStormRagingDemonStorm The power of elevation Joined: Posts: 3,182
    I'm with killing off Eddy. Dude has been overthrown since T4. That slightly larger hurtbox is unacceptable.
    If Steve's T6 ending is canon then Law and Paul are dead. No fucks given.
    Baek and Wang were rumored to be killed off. Too bad... Not really.
    Nina and Anna need to fuse or kill the other
    Add a MMA female
    Add a female Mishima
    CVS2 Akuma\Geese\whoevers top tier in that groove

Airport, Lab & Rooftop.

Sounded so GDLK in the arcade
  • PatakaReadaPatakaReada Over Flowers Joined: Posts: 1,458
    http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2014/7/15/tekken-7-thoughts-plus-additional-info-from-harada.html

There's a video from AVP about Tekken 7. Apparantly the night before the reveal Aris was able to get some info from Harada about the next Tekken game without knowing it would be Tekken 7.
    Interesting points (to me anyway):
    1. Harada's thoughts about the roster. I've been thinking mid 30's is sweet spot for fighting games for a while now myself.
    2. Ip Man stuff
    3. Harada's thoughts about the walking technique that they apparently (I have never played TR, so I'm not sure how it works) added in Tekken Revolution

regarding 3, in revolution it was actually faster walking back than kbding/bdcing .
    "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. But not Hip-Hop yo"
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,352
    Why are people in here bitching about Chreddy being bad when they are top tier right now?
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust

Dark Resurrection
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,345
    I hope none of the TK6 characters get cut, I'd like for them to return and add Eliza and new characters.
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,333
    Niggas would name other games and list like 2 songs lol, i've seen it before.

When the ENTIRE soundtrack, every stage, every menu, sounds godlike, you can't win. Even with moonlight.

Can't compare to "Touch and Go, Authentic Sky, Kitsch, Mall (which kind of sounded like a remix of TTT's character select), Shinjuku, Gym (parking lot) and the Strongest Mother fucking Arena.

NO other tekken can compare to that.
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
    S00perCam wrote: »
    Why are people in here bitching about Chreddy being bad when they are top tier right now?

Did you just google a random TTT2 tier list?

Lol. Since when was mid-bottom tier the same as top tier? I dunno where the heck you got your tier list from but its extremely inaccurate.

Devil Jin, Hehachi, Kazuya
    Armor King, Lars, Jinpachi, Bryan, Lee
    EVERYONE ELSE.
    What train of thought would lead you to believe that I would read this thread and say "hmm I think these people are wrong lets create a fake argument based on random google searching to prove this theory" yeah sure there are a lot of misinformed big mouthed assholes that post on srk I am not (the) one.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
    None the less Christie isnt top tier. Not even close. Theres at least 20 characters in front of her which is why I was extremely perplexed at why you would say that.
  • PatakaReadaPatakaReada Over Flowers Joined: Posts: 1,458
    they have that really nice ch buff though, but they're not even top
    "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. But not Hip-Hop yo"
    While I would agree that the mishima family plus AK are the top top I wouldn't say that its an SS, S everyone else tier list. Chreddy is right below them with Feng and Leo and this isn't just me saying it the west coast pretty much universally agree that the new RLX makes them a problem I couldn't speak for ATL, haven't conversed with any of them on the topic (the only other real tekken scene left in the states) but from what I understand they don't really care for tiers as it is.
    edited July 2014
    Niggas would name other games and list like 2 songs lol, i've seen it before.

When the ENTIRE soundtrack, every stage, every menu, sounds godlike, you can't win. Even with moonlight.

Have you listened to DR's OST? It isn't the same as T5. When I say Dark Resurrection I mean the tracks new to it. Moonlit Wilderness is a Tekken 5 track. It's also overplayed and overrated.

Resurrection
    Garden of the Tiger
    Hiten
    Turbo Electric
    Call of the Inferno
    Amnesia
    Martial Medicine
    Snow Castle
    Center of Gravity
    Elegance In Violence
    Stalking Wolves
    Shattered Dreams
    Aurora Australis
  • free_manfree_man Joined: Posts: 81
    The first thing I thought when I saw the final battle at the trailer was Tekken will end?. So, what the final battle really mean? Zaibatsu era will end? A new clan will take his place? A new era of new fighters will appear? Kazuya's mother will send a mind message to her present self with a He must win! message? Oops! The last question it's about another game. I don't know. It's just a few questions.
  • I<iShiDoI<iShiDo Fuck reasons Joined: Posts: 159
    So Heihachi killed Kazumi and she is the reason for Kazuya's devil gene... But what are her ties to Azazel?

Azazel was explained already. He was a separate entity that fed off of the destruction caused by the war between Jin and Kaz. Jin learned of Azazels capabilities and started the war so that Azazel would get strong enough to be able to kill him. There's no connection between Azazel and the Devil Gene.
  • I<iShiDoI<iShiDo Fuck reasons Joined: Posts: 159
    edited July 2014
    Azazel was explained already. He was a separate entity that fed off of the destruction caused by the war between Jin and Kaz. Jin learned of Azazels capabilities and started the war so that Azazel would get strong enough to be able to kill him. There's no connection between Azazel and the Devil Gene.

That's wrong... Azazel himself said he started the devil gene and gave birth to Jin and Kazuya. And it shows even more in some endings that people transform into devil forms like Kazuya and Jin if they touch his sphere

Harada even said that Azazel is one of the roots but that is important to know who the first Mishima was... It seems to be Kazumi... So she has to have some ties to him

I<iShiDo wrote: »

That's wrong... Azazel himself said he started the devil gene and gave birth to Jin and Kazuya. And it shows even more in some endings that people transform into devil forms like Kazuya and Jin if they touch his sphere

Harada even said that Azazel is one of the roots but that is important to know who the first Mishima was... It seems to be Kazumi... So she has to have some ties to him

Azazel's statement concerning Jin and Kazuya was that he would awaken when "two evil stars clash" this is repeated several times throughout the story

as for arcade endings only one is ever canon I mean would you really consider Devil Ganryu a serious consideration for the story cmon lol

The only statements I've heard about T6 story from Harada were when he confirmed Leo was a woman

Kazumi also cant be a Mishima unless Heihachi boned his sister.....

I guess it may be wrong to say that theres no connection between the devil gene and Azazel as he feeds off of evil energy and obviously the Devil provides plenty of that but I highly doubt its familial or that there will be any further mention of Azazel in future stories.
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,333
    Are you really discussing tekken's shitty story?
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • OGSFOGSF Joined: Posts: 713
    edited July 2014
    I heard someone say that Unknown is actually Jun's dead sister and Asuka's mother, thus making Asuka and Jin 1st cousins. Some official Tekken website with storylines. Damn they stretched out this Mishima storyline out for 7 Tekken games and 2 Tag Tekken games. Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat didn't have this much family drama and such...

EDIT: I wonder who Heihachi's mother is...

EDIT: Will Ogre be in Tekken 7?
    "The few prosper, while the rest suffer." - OGSF
    Please let Kazumi be her own person. An Asuka 3-ring circus with wavedashing EWGF female Mishima is going to be so vanilla.

And this is right up Harada's alley.

I want them to go the Tekken 4 route again and really mix it up with the roster, I want some new blood and I'm ready for some of the older heads to hang it up.

Also playing off of some theory, its still disrespectful to represent "old" Hehachi since the VA died a few years back so I would be willing to be this is going to truly be the end of a cannon Hehachi Mishima
    Are you really discussing tekken's shitty story?

Hey tekken was one of the first games that had 3d animated cutscenes when, it first came out it had the most story of any game

to bad they kept up with that trend instead of lengthening the scenes or integrating it more with the arcade/ story mode it went to having the least story, although compared to other fighting games .... it still has the most story

of course longtime fans are gonna keep discussing the lore