Tekken 7 Discussion

1356799

Comments

  • PatakaReadaPatakaReada Over Flowers Joined: Posts: 1,458
    http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2014/7/15/tekken-7-thoughts-plus-additional-info-from-harada.html

    There's a video from AVP about Tekken 7. Apparantly the night before the reveal Aris was able to get some info from Harada about the next Tekken game without knowing it would be Tekken 7.
    Interesting points (to me anyway):
    1. Harada's thoughts about the roster. I've been thinking mid 30's is sweet spot for fighting games for a while now myself.
    2. Ip Man stuff
    3. Harada's thoughts about the walking technique that they apparently (I have never played TR, so I'm not sure how it works) added in Tekken Revolution

    regarding 3, in revolution it was actually faster walking back than kbding/bdcing .
    "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. But not Hip-Hop yo"
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,442
    Why are people in here bitching about Chreddy being bad when they are top tier right now?
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Lygophilia wrote: »
    Sadly, I thought that Tekken 4 was the only good one out of the series, but I will watch over this though. They should do away with the robotic movement this time.

    Youre literally the first person in the world to say that.

    I mean it has the best music in the series bar none

    Dark Resurrection
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,384
    I hope none of the TK6 characters get cut, I'd like for them to return and add Eliza and new characters.
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,701
    Niggas would name other games and list like 2 songs lol, i've seen it before.

    When the ENTIRE soundtrack, every stage, every menu, sounds godlike, you can't win. Even with moonlight.

    Can't compare to "Touch and Go, Authentic Sky, Kitsch, Mall (which kind of sounded like a remix of TTT's character select), Shinjuku, Gym (parking lot) and the Strongest Mother fucking Arena.

    NO other tekken can compare to that.
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,081
    S00perCam wrote: »
    Why are people in here bitching about Chreddy being bad when they are top tier right now?

    Did you just google a random TTT2 tier list?

    Lol. Since when was mid-bottom tier the same as top tier? I dunno where the heck you got your tier list from but its extremely inaccurate.

    Devil Jin, Hehachi, Kazuya
    Armor King, Lars, Jinpachi, Bryan, Lee
    EVERYONE ELSE.
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,442
    What train of thought would lead you to believe that I would read this thread and say "hmm I think these people are wrong lets create a fake argument based on random google searching to prove this theory" yeah sure there are a lot of misinformed big mouthed assholes that post on srk I am not (the) one.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,081
    None the less Christie isnt top tier. Not even close. Theres at least 20 characters in front of her which is why I was extremely perplexed at why you would say that.
  • PatakaReadaPatakaReada Over Flowers Joined: Posts: 1,458
    they have that really nice ch buff though, but they're not even top
    "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. But not Hip-Hop yo"
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,442
    While I would agree that the mishima family plus AK are the top top I wouldn't say that its an SS, S everyone else tier list. Chreddy is right below them with Feng and Leo and this isn't just me saying it the west coast pretty much universally agree that the new RLX makes them a problem I couldn't speak for ATL, haven't conversed with any of them on the topic (the only other real tekken scene left in the states) but from what I understand they don't really care for tiers as it is.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2014
    Niggas would name other games and list like 2 songs lol, i've seen it before.

    When the ENTIRE soundtrack, every stage, every menu, sounds godlike, you can't win. Even with moonlight.

    Have you listened to DR's OST? It isn't the same as T5. When I say Dark Resurrection I mean the tracks new to it. Moonlit Wilderness is a Tekken 5 track. It's also overplayed and overrated.

    Resurrection
    Garden of the Tiger
    Hiten
    Turbo Electric
    Call of the Inferno
    Amnesia
    Martial Medicine
    Snow Castle
    Center of Gravity
    Elegance In Violence
    Stalking Wolves
    Shattered Dreams
    Aurora Australis
  • free_manfree_man Joined: Posts: 81
    The first thing I thought when I saw the final battle at the trailer was Tekken will end?. So, what the final battle really mean? Zaibatsu era will end? A new clan will take his place? A new era of new fighters will appear? Kazuya's mother will send a mind message to her present self with a He must win! message? Oops! The last question it's about another game. I don't know. It's just a few questions.
  • I<iShiDoI<iShiDo MVP Joined: Posts: 161
    So Heihachi killed Kazumi and she is the reason for Kazuya's devil gene... But what are her ties to Azazel?

  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,442
    Azazel was explained already. He was a separate entity that fed off of the destruction caused by the war between Jin and Kaz. Jin learned of Azazels capabilities and started the war so that Azazel would get strong enough to be able to kill him. There's no connection between Azazel and the Devil Gene.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • I<iShiDoI<iShiDo MVP Joined: Posts: 161
    edited July 2014
    S00perCam wrote: »
    Azazel was explained already. He was a separate entity that fed off of the destruction caused by the war between Jin and Kaz. Jin learned of Azazels capabilities and started the war so that Azazel would get strong enough to be able to kill him. There's no connection between Azazel and the Devil Gene.

    That's wrong... Azazel himself said he started the devil gene and gave birth to Jin and Kazuya. And it shows even more in some endings that people transform into devil forms like Kazuya and Jin if they touch his sphere

    Harada even said that Azazel is one of the roots but that is important to know who the first Mishima was... It seems to be Kazumi... So she has to have some ties to him


  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,442
    I<iShiDo wrote: »
    S00perCam wrote: »
    Azazel was explained already. He was a separate entity that fed off of the destruction caused by the war between Jin and Kaz. Jin learned of Azazels capabilities and started the war so that Azazel would get strong enough to be able to kill him. There's no connection between Azazel and the Devil Gene.

    That's wrong... Azazel himself said he started the devil gene and gave birth to Jin and Kazuya. And it shows even more in some endings that people transform into devil forms like Kazuya and Jin if they touch his sphere

    Harada even said that Azazel is one of the roots but that is important to know who the first Mishima was... It seems to be Kazumi... So she has to have some ties to him

    Azazel's statement concerning Jin and Kazuya was that he would awaken when "two evil stars clash" this is repeated several times throughout the story

    as for arcade endings only one is ever canon I mean would you really consider Devil Ganryu a serious consideration for the story cmon lol

    The only statements I've heard about T6 story from Harada were when he confirmed Leo was a woman

    Kazumi also cant be a Mishima unless Heihachi boned his sister.....

    I guess it may be wrong to say that theres no connection between the devil gene and Azazel as he feeds off of evil energy and obviously the Devil provides plenty of that but I highly doubt its familial or that there will be any further mention of Azazel in future stories.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,701
    Are you really discussing tekken's shitty story?
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • OGSFOGSF Joined: Posts: 713
    edited July 2014
    I heard someone say that Unknown is actually Jun's dead sister and Asuka's mother, thus making Asuka and Jin 1st cousins. Some official Tekken website with storylines. Damn they stretched out this Mishima storyline out for 7 Tekken games and 2 Tag Tekken games. Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat didn't have this much family drama and such...


    EDIT: I wonder who Heihachi's mother is...

    EDIT: Will Ogre be in Tekken 7?
    "The few prosper, while the rest suffer." - OGSF
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,081
    Please let Kazumi be her own person. An Asuka 3-ring circus with wavedashing EWGF female Mishima is going to be so vanilla.

    And this is right up Harada's alley.


    I want them to go the Tekken 4 route again and really mix it up with the roster, I want some new blood and I'm ready for some of the older heads to hang it up.


    Also playing off of some theory, its still disrespectful to represent "old" Hehachi since the VA died a few years back so I would be willing to be this is going to truly be the end of a cannon Hehachi Mishima
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,442
    Are you really discussing tekken's shitty story?

    Hey tekken was one of the first games that had 3d animated cutscenes when, it first came out it had the most story of any game

    to bad they kept up with that trend instead of lengthening the scenes or integrating it more with the arcade/ story mode it went to having the least story, although compared to other fighting games .... it still has the most story

    of course longtime fans are gonna keep discussing the lore
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,744 mod
    Unknown being Jun's sister was retconed out in Tag2. They decided to just make Jun Unknown.
  • LightzLightz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Joined: Posts: 1,233
    I just remembered a tweet from Harada to a fan last year about how the Mishimas will suffer a terrible fate. Something might happen to the family as a whole in Tekken 7.
    I don't care
  • ReckionReckion I have such a raging clue right now!! Joined: Posts: 109
    I really doubt the Mishimas or kazamas will get permanently killed from the story, besides Jinpachi.

    And I thought Unknown wasn't supposed to be cannonical. Isn't she supposed to be just filler for the tekken tag games?
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,442
    Well they are all pretty much irredeemable assholes at this point Kaz has killed, and ordered the senseless slaughter of who knows how many people plus, experiments on animals and shit, plus trying to kill his son. Jin started WW3, and has killed as many people, if not more than his father. Heihachi of the trio is probably the most innocent he's guilty of trying to kill the other 2 and killing his wife now with the t7 reveal we know that he knew they were gonna be assholes as per their mom/grandma having the devil gene. So not only did he have the most justified reasoning behind his actions but his body count is way lower. Sure he's power hungry and has a bad attitude but it's not actually that harmful.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • I<iShiDoI<iShiDo MVP Joined: Posts: 161
    edited July 2014
    S00perCam wrote: »
    I<iShiDo wrote: »
    S00perCam wrote: »
    Azazel was explained already. He was a separate entity that fed off of the destruction caused by the war between Jin and Kaz. Jin learned of Azazels capabilities and started the war so that Azazel would get strong enough to be able to kill him. There's no connection between Azazel and the Devil Gene.

    That's wrong... Azazel himself said he started the devil gene and gave birth to Jin and Kazuya. And it shows even more in some endings that people transform into devil forms like Kazuya and Jin if they touch his sphere

    Harada even said that Azazel is one of the roots but that is important to know who the first Mishima was... It seems to be Kazumi... So she has to have some ties to him

    Azazel's statement concerning Jin and Kazuya was that he would awaken when "two evil stars clash" this is repeated several times throughout the story

    as for arcade endings only one is ever canon I mean would you really consider Devil Ganryu a serious consideration for the story cmon lol

    The only statements I've heard about T6 story from Harada were when he confirmed Leo was a woman

    Kazumi also cant be a Mishima unless Heihachi boned his sister.....

    I guess it may be wrong to say that theres no connection between the devil gene and Azazel as he feeds off of evil energy and obviously the Devil provides plenty of that but I highly doubt its familial or that there will be any further mention of Azazel in future stories.

    I'm really sorry... But I think you has to repeat a Azazel scenario gameplay with either Devil Jin or Kazuya... He clearly states that he started the devil gene and they even say, that the power Azazel and them are using are one and the same.

    So if he started it, it means he has to have some connection to Kazumi as well... But knowing Namco they will simply recton Azazel out of this

  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,442
    the thing about scenario is that anything not Lars related is non canon. I'm sure with it being a rushed text based add-in there's hella translation errors and misinterpretations in there as well.

    At any rate I think were both right in assuming that anything Azazel related is going to be retconned/ignored
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • RECESSIONTIMERECESSIONTIME Trumpologist Joined: Posts: 1,240
    This series is so bankrupt it doesn't even merit a 3 page discussion. The game has flopped so hard already and Namco-Bandai wants to re-raise for another next-gen release? What happened to cutting your losses and bowing out gracefully? Namco already forgot that Markman had to personally pull some strings to make Tekken happen at Evolution this year because attendance has been dismal for years. Whatever taters, it's Namco-Bandai's funeral if they throw away more money into this declining series. I got no sympathy for 'em.
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,442
    How the fuck does being the highest selling fighting franchise last gen and of all time = flopped so hard. Just because the Capcom scene dominates NA and has higher attendance in NA tournaments does not mean Tekken is doing poorly it's a global game. 250 attendees is nothing to scoff at either it wasnt that long ago that Street Fighter and Marvel got those kind of numbers at EVO.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • I<iShiDoI<iShiDo MVP Joined: Posts: 161
    S00perCam wrote: »
    the thing about scenario is that anything not Lars related is non canon. I'm sure with it being a rushed text based add-in there's hella translation errors and misinterpretations in there as well.

    At any rate I think were both right in assuming that anything Azazel related is going to be retconned/ignored

    Well true that, but I still hope they will somehow fix up the story of the devil gene... They have destroyed it since Tekken 4 and the introducing of the "gene"

    Before that it was just a spirit which came into Kazuya and later the half to Jin... Da end... Now it is just fucked up... Even more with Azazel

  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,744 mod
    Reckion wrote: »
    I really doubt the Mishimas or kazamas will get permanently killed from the story, besides Jinpachi.

    And I thought Unknown wasn't supposed to be cannonical. Isn't she supposed to be just filler for the tekken tag games?

    IIRC, at one point it was supposed to be canon and that she was supposed to be Jun's sister. Though they ended up not going down that path.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,502 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Please let Kazumi be her own person. An Asuka 3-ring circus with wavedashing EWGF female Mishima is going to be so vanilla.

    And this is right up Harada's alley.


    I want them to go the Tekken 4 route again and really mix it up with the roster, I want some new blood and I'm ready for some of the older heads to hang it up.


    Also playing off of some theory, its still disrespectful to represent "old" Hehachi since the VA died a few years back so I would be willing to be this is going to truly be the end of a cannon Hehachi Mishima

    being that she doesnt roll with the mishima school of anything goes.....she'll be her own person with her own unique style. and being shes married to a mishima, i expect it to be an aggressive style of martial arts. actually kinda curious what their gonna go with.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

    kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,442
    Yeah and why the fuck would Kazumi know 3 ring circus

    If she was a Kazama Jun would be Kaz's cousin or sister or something
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • ZenTzenZenTzen Joined: Posts: 23
    S00perCam wrote: »
    Well they are all pretty much irredeemable assholes at this point Kaz has killed, and ordered the senseless slaughter of who knows how many people plus, experiments on animals and shit, plus trying to kill his son. Jin started WW3, and has killed as many people, if not more than his father. Heihachi of the trio is probably the most innocent he's guilty of trying to kill the other 2 and killing his wife now with the t7 reveal we know that he knew they were gonna be assholes as per their mom/grandma having the devil gene. So not only did he have the most justified reasoning behind his actions but his body count is way lower. Sure he's power hungry and has a bad attitude but it's not actually that harmful.

    Kazuya is the most irredeamable of the 3, by T6 he wants to take over the world, jin only one upped him, also, why did jin start a war in the first place, for 2 reasons, the first because he wanted to destroy the devil gene, the second because Azazel awakened when jin and kazuya fought, lets not forget about Azazel being the progenitor of the devil gene, this is a demon that could influence people and it was only a matter of time before Azazel broke free and destroyed the world, so he needed to spread evil in the world so that Azazel could get a physical form and fight him when jin is at his best, and the only way to truly kill Azazel is by someone who has the devil gene, like jin or Kazuya, he did all that, and was willing to be hated by the world, being remembered as a villain and sacrifice is life for a greater good.(i wouldnt call that being irredeamable).

    And i'm sorry but Heihachi is only a slight less assholish than kazuya, when he shot jin in the head he had no idea he had the devil gene, and the guy has been the head of a zaibatsu for the greater part of his life, a conglomerate thats been involved in anything illegal ever, since organized crime, to illegal experimentation of children and other stuff, he even has his private army for other illegal stuff, hes also directly responsible for the way Kazuyas decisions and the kind of man he turned into
  • LemresLemres The Two G.O.A.T Joined: Posts: 1,600
    An Asuka 3-ring circus with wavedashing EWGF
    Devil Jin
    wavedashing EWGF female Mishima
    Angel

    Let's give Kazumi completely NEW moves pls. No rehashing...
  • ReckionReckion I have such a raging clue right now!! Joined: Posts: 109
    So it looks like its the end of mishima's line.

    Also, So happy lars is in tekken 7 :D
  • BaronOBaronO Relatable Slacker Joined: Posts: 497
    edited July 2014
    Harada tweeted the link to the Japanese dub for the SDCC trailer recently for those of you who thought the English dub was cringeworthy:




    Apparently a lot of people were bugging him to release the Japanese trailer on Twitter.

    Post edited by BaronO on
    PSN - TheBarrenO; CFN - BaronO
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,502 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    the dub is pretty bad. honestly the past couple tekkens have had some really really bad voiceacting. i dont even think its the voices but who ever is directing them.

    so i guess her fighting style will somehow involve demon powers.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

    kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,270
    With all that teasing and stuff of the "Final Battle" they better not pull any damn punches.

    I want to see Heihachi and Kazuya kill each other via an epic EWGF Cross-counter.
    I want to see Jin to absolutely nuts, have his Devil-side split from him, and they both kill each other (or come damn close to) with Ling crying her eyes out.
    I want to see the William's sisters either bury the hatchet... or bury it into the other sibling's head.
    I want Paul to stop being a silly man and get back to being a badass. And get angry enough to settle for turning Kuma into bear-steaks.

    But most of all...
    I want a Jack-7 that's even more badass and give everyone more \o/
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

    SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
Sign In or Register to comment.