Tekken 7 Discussion

Comments

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,064 mod
    Unknown being Jun's sister was retconed out in Tag2. They decided to just make Jun Unknown.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • LightzLightz Pizza Smuggler Joined: Posts: 1,230
    I just remembered a tweet from Harada to a fan last year about how the Mishimas will suffer a terrible fate. Something might happen to the family as a whole in Tekken 7.
    Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.
  • ReckionReckion I have such a raging clue right now!! Joined: Posts: 109
    I really doubt the Mishimas or kazamas will get permanently killed from the story, besides Jinpachi.

And I thought Unknown wasn't supposed to be cannonical. Isn't she supposed to be just filler for the tekken tag games?
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,397
    Well they are all pretty much irredeemable assholes at this point Kaz has killed, and ordered the senseless slaughter of who knows how many people plus, experiments on animals and shit, plus trying to kill his son. Jin started WW3, and has killed as many people, if not more than his father. Heihachi of the trio is probably the most innocent he's guilty of trying to kill the other 2 and killing his wife now with the t7 reveal we know that he knew they were gonna be assholes as per their mom/grandma having the devil gene. So not only did he have the most justified reasoning behind his actions but his body count is way lower. Sure he's power hungry and has a bad attitude but it's not actually that harmful.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • I<iShiDoI<iShiDo MVP Joined: Posts: 161
    edited July 2014
    S00perCam wrote: »
    I<iShiDo wrote: »
    Azazel was explained already. He was a separate entity that fed off of the destruction caused by the war between Jin and Kaz. Jin learned of Azazels capabilities and started the war so that Azazel would get strong enough to be able to kill him. There's no connection between Azazel and the Devil Gene.

That's wrong... Azazel himself said he started the devil gene and gave birth to Jin and Kazuya. And it shows even more in some endings that people transform into devil forms like Kazuya and Jin if they touch his sphere

Harada even said that Azazel is one of the roots but that is important to know who the first Mishima was... It seems to be Kazumi... So she has to have some ties to him

Azazel's statement concerning Jin and Kazuya was that he would awaken when "two evil stars clash" this is repeated several times throughout the story

as for arcade endings only one is ever canon I mean would you really consider Devil Ganryu a serious consideration for the story cmon lol

The only statements I've heard about T6 story from Harada were when he confirmed Leo was a woman

Kazumi also cant be a Mishima unless Heihachi boned his sister.....

I guess it may be wrong to say that theres no connection between the devil gene and Azazel as he feeds off of evil energy and obviously the Devil provides plenty of that but I highly doubt its familial or that there will be any further mention of Azazel in future stories.

I'm really sorry... But I think you has to repeat a Azazel scenario gameplay with either Devil Jin or Kazuya... He clearly states that he started the devil gene and they even say, that the power Azazel and them are using are one and the same.

So if he started it, it means he has to have some connection to Kazumi as well... But knowing Namco they will simply recton Azazel out of this

the thing about scenario is that anything not Lars related is non canon. I'm sure with it being a rushed text based add-in there's hella translation errors and misinterpretations in there as well.

At any rate I think were both right in assuming that anything Azazel related is going to be retconned/ignored
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • RECESSIONTIMERECESSIONTIME Trumpologist Joined: Posts: 1,240
    This series is so bankrupt it doesn't even merit a 3 page discussion. The game has flopped so hard already and Namco-Bandai wants to re-raise for another next-gen release? What happened to cutting your losses and bowing out gracefully? Namco already forgot that Markman had to personally pull some strings to make Tekken happen at Evolution this year because attendance has been dismal for years. Whatever taters, it's Namco-Bandai's funeral if they throw away more money into this declining series. I got no sympathy for 'em.
    How the fuck does being the highest selling fighting franchise last gen and of all time = flopped so hard. Just because the Capcom scene dominates NA and has higher attendance in NA tournaments does not mean Tekken is doing poorly it's a global game. 250 attendees is nothing to scoff at either it wasnt that long ago that Street Fighter and Marvel got those kind of numbers at EVO.
  • I<iShiDoI<iShiDo MVP Joined: Posts: 161
    the thing about scenario is that anything not Lars related is non canon. I'm sure with it being a rushed text based add-in there's hella translation errors and misinterpretations in there as well.

At any rate I think were both right in assuming that anything Azazel related is going to be retconned/ignored

Well true that, but I still hope they will somehow fix up the story of the devil gene... They have destroyed it since Tekken 4 and the introducing of the "gene"

Before that it was just a spirit which came into Kazuya and later the half to Jin... Da end... Now it is just fucked up... Even more with Azazel

Reckion wrote: »
    I really doubt the Mishimas or kazamas will get permanently killed from the story, besides Jinpachi.

And I thought Unknown wasn't supposed to be cannonical. Isn't she supposed to be just filler for the tekken tag games?

IIRC, at one point it was supposed to be canon and that she was supposed to be Jun's sister. Though they ended up not going down that path.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,039 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Please let Kazumi be her own person. An Asuka 3-ring circus with wavedashing EWGF female Mishima is going to be so vanilla.

And this is right up Harada's alley.

I want them to go the Tekken 4 route again and really mix it up with the roster, I want some new blood and I'm ready for some of the older heads to hang it up.

Also playing off of some theory, its still disrespectful to represent "old" Hehachi since the VA died a few years back so I would be willing to be this is going to truly be the end of a cannon Hehachi Mishima

being that she doesnt roll with the mishima school of anything goes.....she'll be her own person with her own unique style. and being shes married to a mishima, i expect it to be an aggressive style of martial arts. actually kinda curious what their gonna go with.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    Yeah and why the fuck would Kazumi know 3 ring circus

If she was a Kazama Jun would be Kaz's cousin or sister or something
  • ZenTzenZenTzen Joined: Posts: 23
    Well they are all pretty much irredeemable assholes at this point Kaz has killed, and ordered the senseless slaughter of who knows how many people plus, experiments on animals and shit, plus trying to kill his son. Jin started WW3, and has killed as many people, if not more than his father. Heihachi of the trio is probably the most innocent he's guilty of trying to kill the other 2 and killing his wife now with the t7 reveal we know that he knew they were gonna be assholes as per their mom/grandma having the devil gene. So not only did he have the most justified reasoning behind his actions but his body count is way lower. Sure he's power hungry and has a bad attitude but it's not actually that harmful.

Kazuya is the most irredeamable of the 3, by T6 he wants to take over the world, jin only one upped him, also, why did jin start a war in the first place, for 2 reasons, the first because he wanted to destroy the devil gene, the second because Azazel awakened when jin and kazuya fought, lets not forget about Azazel being the progenitor of the devil gene, this is a demon that could influence people and it was only a matter of time before Azazel broke free and destroyed the world, so he needed to spread evil in the world so that Azazel could get a physical form and fight him when jin is at his best, and the only way to truly kill Azazel is by someone who has the devil gene, like jin or Kazuya, he did all that, and was willing to be hated by the world, being remembered as a villain and sacrifice is life for a greater good.(i wouldnt call that being irredeamable).

And i'm sorry but Heihachi is only a slight less assholish than kazuya, when he shot jin in the head he had no idea he had the devil gene, and the guy has been the head of a zaibatsu for the greater part of his life, a conglomerate thats been involved in anything illegal ever, since organized crime, to illegal experimentation of children and other stuff, he even has his private army for other illegal stuff, hes also directly responsible for the way Kazuyas decisions and the kind of man he turned into
  • LemresLemres The Two G.O.A.T Joined: Posts: 1,600
    An Asuka 3-ring circus with wavedashing EWGF
    Devil Jin
    wavedashing EWGF female Mishima
    Angel

Let's give Kazumi completely NEW moves pls. No rehashing...
    So it looks like its the end of mishima's line.

Also, So happy lars is in tekken 7 :D
  • BaronOBaronO Relatable Slacker Joined: Posts: 497
    edited July 2014
    Harada tweeted the link to the Japanese dub for the SDCC trailer recently for those of you who thought the English dub was cringeworthy:

Apparently a lot of people were bugging him to release the Japanese trailer on Twitter.

Post edited by BaronO on
    PSN - TheBarrenO; CFN - BaronO
    the dub is pretty bad. honestly the past couple tekkens have had some really really bad voiceacting. i dont even think its the voices but who ever is directing them.

so i guess her fighting style will somehow involve demon powers.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,131
    With all that teasing and stuff of the "Final Battle" they better not pull any damn punches.

I want to see Heihachi and Kazuya kill each other via an epic EWGF Cross-counter.
    I want to see Jin to absolutely nuts, have his Devil-side split from him, and they both kill each other (or come damn close to) with Ling crying her eyes out.
    I want to see the William's sisters either bury the hatchet... or bury it into the other sibling's head.
    I want Paul to stop being a silly man and get back to being a badass. And get angry enough to settle for turning Kuma into bear-steaks.

But most of all...
    I want a Jack-7 that's even more badass and give everyone more \o/
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • Monster637Monster637 Rage Trigger Joined: Posts: 1,207
    edited July 2014
    Hoping lars is kulled off. I luv naruto. But the whole hair n cape have to go.
    Sent From under Your bed......Using Your MOM!!!
    edited July 2014
    ZenTzen wrote: »
    when he shot jin in the head he had no idea he had the devil gene

Well regardless of muddy details in the past its clearly spelled out in the last 2 trailers that Heihachi was well aware of the devil genes hereditary nature so this is absolutely false.
    I would also point out a good talking point that you brought up.

Heihachi ran the zaibatsu for nearly 20 years straight after taking it back from Kazuya. In that time he built schools and museums did scientific research, helped out the economy. There was underhanded shit that went on but you have to think why would such a moral character as Ling always go to bat for Heihachi even in the face of Jin someone who she want's nothing more than to be with. Heihachi is an asshole but he's actually a pretty good guy, and if the whole Heihachi crying bit is any indicator i think they are going to take it in that direction storywise and show us a bit more of papa mishima's soft side before they off him for good

Kazuya had the Zaibatsu for 2 years and the dirt he did caused people to Voldemort his ass and pretty much not want to speak his name a whole 20-25 years after his reign.

Jin, is sympathetic/tragic sure but that's because yo get to know him personally. However you cut it he started global warfare in just 6 mos of taking the Zaibatsu just because he hated himself, boo fucking hoo.
    Monster637 wrote: »

I hear they are redesigning him so maybe the hair will go as well as the tekken force gear. I love his personality and fighting style but yeah the super animu shit needs to go doesnt fit him IMO

If you see dr.Bosconovicht ending in ttt2 he *SPOILER ALERT* discovers that Lars is gonna get bald due to heihachi, being his father, is also bald.

Not trying to say anything, just thought it would be funny if they actually did that to him :rofl:
  • Screw_TiersScrew_Tiers Screw_Tires? Screw_Tears? Fuck This Name Joined: Posts: 867
    edited July 2014
    Damn, hating on Lars just because of his hair and what he wears? I would not mind if he loses the gear since he ain't apart of the Tekken Force.
    As for the hair, as silly as it looks, please keep that. #BuffLars

There are other Tekken 6 characters to hate on *coughBobcough*
    "Farts stink like a motherfucker!"
    edited July 2014
    Damn, hating on Lars just because of his hair and what he wears? I would not mind if he loses the gear since he ain't apart of the Tekken Force.
    As for the hair, as silly as it looks, please keep that.

leave my brother bob outta of this. i love the fact hes based on sport karate tournaments.

edit: wtf are you disagreeing to...that i love bob? @lemres
    Post edited by maxx on

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • Screw_TiersScrew_Tiers Screw_Tires? Screw_Tears? Fuck This Name Joined: Posts: 867
    Don't worry, I just hate how players play with him. :bluu:
  • ZenTzenZenTzen Joined: Posts: 23
    Well regardless of muddy details in the past its clearly spelled out in the last 2 trailers that Heihachi was well aware of the devil genes hereditary nature so this is absolutely false.
    I would also point out a good talking point that you brought up.

Heihachi ran the zaibatsu for nearly 20 years straight after taking it back from Kazuya. In that time he built schools and museums did scientific research, helped out the economy. There was underhanded shit that went on but you have to think why would such a moral character as Ling always go to bat for Heihachi even in the face of Jin someone who she want's nothing more than to be with. Heihachi is an asshole but he's actually a pretty good guy, and if the whole Heihachi crying bit is any indicator i think they are going to take it in that direction storywise and show us a bit more of papa mishima's soft side before they off him for good

Kazuya had the Zaibatsu for 2 years and the dirt he did caused people to Voldemort his ass and pretty much not want to speak his name a whole 20-25 years after his reign.

Jin, is sympathetic/tragic sure but that's because yo get to know him personally. However you cut it he started global warfare in just 6 mos of taking the Zaibatsu just because he hated himself, boo fucking hoo.

I hear they are redesigning him so maybe the hair will go as well as the tekken force gear. I love his personality and fighting style but yeah the super animu shit needs to go doesnt fit him IMO

well that whole new heihachi stuff has been new info and a good amount of retconing, either way i agree that he seems less assholish, but you have to agree hes at the core of what kind of person kazuya turned into

and lets be honest here, jin didnt start a war because he hates himself, he hates the devil gene and there was this whole thing with a demon god on a world destruction time clock, it wasnt just some simple woe is me schtick

Speaking on Lars, personally i hate the character, would have less of a problem if he wasnt heihachis bastard son, and his redesign for T7 his even more animu and he still has the stupid hair
    btw is there already a model on how lars will look like in tk7?
    edited July 2014
    ya put in your tekken 6 or tt2 disc and think of it slightly polished a lil bit more. Only onimitsu gets no clothes each game.

edited July 2014
    Lets all forget the crying about the bound and hope the rage/natsu shit removed. I hate lossing to it as much as I dont like winning from it. Its a stupid mechanic that does look cool but belongz in ps allstars or smash brothers.
    edited July 2014
    Also take away custumuzation fg players cant have that kinda power to eye rape you. Sc n tekken I wish there was a switch to make it so I cant see it and only officail costumes(tekken rant over).
    edited July 2014

tekken-7-lars-3.png

Check the link to see more designs.

http://shoryuken.com/2014/07/27/bandai-namco-shares-tekken-7-concept-art-of-lars-alexandersson-and-kazumi/

Yeah, I've seen those already. I like it.
    Anyone else notice that you can actually see short glimpse of what may be Kazumi's devil form in that trailer?
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • TumTumTumTum Joined: Posts: 38
    As for the hair, as silly as it looks, please keep that. #BuffLars

There sure are other Tekken chars to hate on....*coughLawandMiguelcough*
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,185
    I'm just happy it's on PC so I won't have to pay to play online.
    Smashbro29 wrote: »
    I'm just happy it's on PC so I won't have to pay to play online.

I always hated the fact you couldn't play ttt2 on pc but you could on the WiiU -___________________-
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,555
    Good shit
    i love the tekken series and have throughly enjoyed TTT2 nina and lars FTW
    i hope it least one mishima lives and lars whould get a electric lol

but seriously keep nina and lars top tier and im good
    Good shit
    i love the tekken series and have throughly enjoyed TTT2 nina and lars FTW
    i hope it least one mishima lives and lars whould get a electric lol

but seriously keep nina and lars top tier and im good

lol i just want them to keep kazuya...i hope he turns more and more into a robot with each version

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • LemresLemres The Two G.O.A.T Joined: Posts: 1,600
    Those drawings of Kazumi are really nice. I personally think the dress is a little too big. It might be too distracting during actually gameplay, but she looks really great here.
    If the system becomes
    Lemres wrote: »
    Those drawings of Kazumi are really nice. I personally think the dress is a little too big. It might be too distracting during actually gameplay, but she looks really great here.

If it helps, when people start customizing the characters, the most probable thing is that the dress will be gone, and will put some stupid stuff.
    If the system becomes
    Lemres wrote: »

If it helps, when people start customizing the characters, the most probable thing is that the dress will be gone, and will put some stupid stuff.

They need to chill on customization in Tekken 7. That whole cake in the face stuff was pointless in TTT2. I just wish they would give Jin back his hoodie suit he had in Tekken 4. Also, I agree with a previous poster that they need to cut the moveset list down. Learning someone like Jin, Kazuya or Lili basic moves are not hard but when you look at someone like King, Nina or Lei the movelist is insane.

I am fine how it is. However, King and Nina have a lot of command chains (the reason why it's bigger). No idea about Lei. But how are they gonna cut it down it's how I wonder. I do have to say the when i started to learn characters, it was weird for me because of so many moves.
    With most of the characters being around for over two decades, I'm sure folks already know what is used the most, what is fluff and what might be more useful with a few tweaks. They can start from there to begin streamlining the movesets.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    I am fine how it is. However, King and Nina have a lot of command chains (the reason why it's bigger). No idea about Lei. But how are they gonna cut it down it's how I wonder. I do have to say the when i started to learn characters, it was weird for me because of so many moves.

I absolutely love Tekken. In my opinion it is my favorite fighting game, but I looked at it from the standpoint of a noob. If I am picking up the game and saw all the characters and all the matchups I have to learn it might be a little initimidating. However, if I look at many of those movesets that would turn me off a lot more from the game. I know off hand that King, Ling, Lei, Hwoarang, Christie and Eddy alone each have anywhere from close to 130 to 160 or more individual movesets. That's a lot for any new player to pick up.
    There is only one move you need for each character In Tekken's neutral

and that's the hopkick
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,201

If you see dr.Bosconovicht ending in ttt2 he *SPOILER ALERT* discovers that Lars is gonna get bald due to heihachi, being his father, is also bald.

Not trying to say anything, just thought it would be funny if they actually did that to him :rofl:

hair comes from the mothers side
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • Yusuke_The_DetectiveYusuke_The_Detective Life's a fleeting dream, don't let it go. Joined: Posts: 2,136
    There is only one move you need for each character In Tekken's neutral

and that's the hopkick

But Raven doesn't have a hopkick....
    You gotta make the most of it you know.