Tekken 7 Discussion

Comments

• S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,298
    I've been researching how the game will perform on my card (Good old 750 ti) And the reports indicated that the visuals load times and performance overall shits all over the performance of SF5, which isn't terrible but, makes my card show its age where other more resource intensive games wouldn't.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,285
    Da Stunna wrote: »
    Biolink wrote: »
    What moves to use for Dragunov vs Steve match(I'm Dragunov). Everything Steve does feel safe and faster
    - Steve is at least +1 on most transitions into FLK stance, so try not to press a button. Most of those transitions end in a high and can be ducked
    - If Steve is PAB stance and goes for throw, the break is ALWAYS 1+2
    - Steve doesn't have a decent low unless he's right up on you...like range 0. Try to keep him out
    - Stepping Steve is hard if the guy is abusing df2
    - Steve ducking 2 is -14 on block. Drag gets 4,1 at least
    - Steve shoryuken is launch punishible
    - Steve ff2 is at least -12 or -13. Drag can punish with ws1,2 or ws1,3 I think

Thanks man gonna hit training mode hard.
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
  • Paradise1955Paradise1955 Joined: Posts: 290
    Also YouTube footage isn't really a good way to gauge the nuances of most games graphics due to YouTube compression, etc.
  • spliffy_bazspliffy_baz Joined: Posts: 148
    The PS4 build does look bad, i'm hopeful the PC build is good.
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 2,969
    The PS4 build does look bad, i'm hopeful the PC build is good.

Fighting games are like the opposite of Ubisoft. They actually look better as time goes on.
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 354
    Regrdless of your personal opinion on the presentation, given the limited resources available on consoles it would be safe to assume no major improvements to the game down the line. The lack of online focus in these demonstrations could also potentially be covering up the biggest mishaps plaguing the game's development.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine Veteran of the Fireball Wars Joined: Posts: 6,582
    edited February 16
    Sanada-kun wrote: »
    I don't really give a shit about minor graphical differences as long as the game plays well and the netcode is gd. Loading times seem long but these r all things that they must have delayed the game for so I'm hoping these things will b sorted by launch.

It's an old build from a game that isn't even finished yet, relax people

I mean it's not minor at all, the downscaling is significant and the graphics look terribly unclean compared to what we've seen before. But I thought this build was made after they reduced the loading times so I guess they're still improving.
    Also YouTube footage isn't really a good way to gauge the nuances of most games graphics due to YouTube compression, etc.

The difference between the clean menus/UI and the in-game footage is noticeable on 1080p. I had to double check if the resolution suddenly dropped by accident.
    Again I will play on PC so there will probably be plenty of ways of tweaking the graphics to make them look better, I was just worried about the optimization (my PC isn't really the best around, but I can play all modern fighters on good settings).
    [SF5] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
  • appomoappomo Joined: Posts: 2,614
    Tekken7
    Collision2017 Top8 stream going on right now
    https://www.twitch.tv/tekken

• JulianKPrimeJulianKPrime Joined: Posts: 101
    edited February 21
    Grand Finals of Collision 2017 is over. If you missed the stream, you can check out the finals here
    Harada is funny. And the reoccurring joke about Saint's hair continues!
  • Sanada-kunSanada-kun Joined: Posts: 633
    Looking fucking awesome. I have already modded my stick 2 play. Roll on June 2nd
  • amrraedamrraed Lets go Koleeeeeennnnnnn Joined: Posts: 3,285
    Is my Bae Julia/Jaycee confirmed to not make the cut ?

That would suck so much.
    Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    CFN: Thxymora
    Street Fighter 5 is everything and its opposite depending on who you are asking.

• p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,385
    Uh what's all this talk about the game looking bad
    That shit looks good to me
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,298
    The FGC is self destructive, if it let tekken shine like it really could then Fighting games would be taken more seriously. SF would die off and they wouldn't have a current game to bitch about while trying to revive the game they just shat on for X years.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • JulianKPrimeJulianKPrime Joined: Posts: 101
    @amrraed I believe Harada and Murray have hinted that there are more characters to be revealed. I'm trying to find the source and remember where I read it. So there still might be hope for some returning characters.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 2,837
    Uh what's all this talk about the game looking bad
    That shit looks good to me

From what I've tried it's pretty fun.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Mai Goddess Strikes Back Joined: Posts: 2,603
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN for KOFXIV = GDHAsia
    PSN for any other game = Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV:
    Shun / Luong / Mai [Geese, Leona, Beni, Mian, Kyo, King, Zarina, Terry]
    DOA5LR:
    Nyotengu / Mai[Kasumi, Ayane, Kokoro]
    Tekken 7: ???
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi, Valkenhayn]
    GGXrd R2: ???
    SFV : ???
    KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides coming soon for Dream Cancel

Nah he will be easier to deal with in this game
    i usually beat bad eddys by being patient and moving out the way
    the only problem what that sometimes hitting him off the ground was reduced scaling and some of hte moves that hit grounded were risky for blocking correctly

but now characters have moves that arent stomps that take less risk to hit him off the ground like devil jins back 4 and kazuyas ff+2

i imagine hell be reworked for this game as well and alot more of his stuff will leave him in the standing position for longer. sorta of like lars uf 3 so youll be able to get a full launch off his stuff instead of air float interrupts or ground hits that scale

but with safe grounded moves idc ether way ill kick them till they get up
    its like soul calibur with alpha patroklos
    i abused 33b if you layed on the ground
    and ill do more of the same in this game
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 2,837
    The game already had a capo though. It's just that picking Chloe is sort of social suicide. =V
  • spliffy_bazspliffy_baz Joined: Posts: 148
    Eddy >_<
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine Veteran of the Fireball Wars Joined: Posts: 6,582
    S00perCam wrote: »
    The FGC is self destructive, if it let tekken shine like it really could then Fighting games would be taken more seriously. SF would die off and they wouldn't have a current game to bitch about while trying to revive the game they just shat on for X years.

Tekken 7 had like 2 years to shine. And you're not gonna convert the whole 2D lovers to 3D fighters either.

btw graphics seem slightly better on those videos. Loading times are still horrendous though
    [SF5] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 8,698
    Are people really angry at Eddy coming back? He hasn't been playable in a mainline Tekken game since 5, which was like 12 years ago, I think it's time to add him to the roster, and they can always add Christie via DLC if there's a demand for her
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Are people really angry at Eddy coming back? He hasn't been playable in a mainline Tekken game since 5, which was like 12 years ago, I think it's time to add him to the roster, and they can always add Christie via DLC if there's a demand for her

Eddy was in Tekken 6 and in TTT2.
    PSN for KOFXIV = GDHAsia
    KOFXIV:
    DOA5LR:

I didnt really want a Capo in this game but I don't mind it. I mean the more characters the better right, now I just gotta learn how to fight Capos cause I feel like they have a lot of shit they can abuse if you don't kno how to fight them, more so than any other character.

Time to Git Gud guys
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 1,903
    Tekken 3 put Eddy and his fighting style on the map. Felt really funny not having a capo fighter for this iteration (Chloe's annoying ass don't count).
    Glad he's back. Let the hate (and easy low-ranked wins) flow.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
    edited February 24
    My problem was/is finding good ones
    They are hard as hell to find there only one decent one in my area offline. Online a lot of them are dumb 90% of them always go for the low launch off of relax and fish for the counter hit b1 I think for the full combo series. Idk the matchup that well so I'll always try to back dash their shit and be patient.

It is time to study it though so I can punish better
    I just BDC away or go for a ground hitting mid to mess with Capo players.
    PSN for KOFXIV = GDHAsia
    KOFXIV:
    DOA5LR:

The dumb ones were fun to fuck around with in T6/TTT2 as Jack because I block their launch attempt, backdash away and debug them.
    Proceed to abuse f,f+2 into combos for hilarity.
    Even better, knock em on their ass far enough away and wait until they do the spinning backspring getup...block it and get a free backthrow in.
    Best done near a wall for Jack, because of the alternate backthrow where he just chunks the opponent hella far. If hits a breakable balcony, they'll take full damage from the throw, the shit will break, they go through, and can still combo that ass afterwards.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,

Wait he was in T6? I must've forgotten then. Still, that would be nearly 8 years since his last appearance

Also TTT2 is not a mainline entry
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...

Wait he was in T6? I must've forgotten then. Still, that would be nearly 8 years since his last appearance

Also TTT2 is not a mainline entry

And, he still has been playable in every Tekken game since his debut in T3 even as far as the maintime line goes.
    PSN for KOFXIV = GDHAsia
    KOFXIV:
    DOA5LR:

edited February 25
    Bamco has been funny with him, but yeah, he was in all the games since his debut.
    • Introduced in T3 (Duh)
    • Available up-front in Tag 1
    • Console-only unlockable character in T4
    • Unlockable character in T5
    • Available up-front in T6
    • Available up-front in Tag 2
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,

• Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Joined: Posts: 8,238
    Debating on which version to rock. Prolly PS4 since it will inevitably having the larger player base.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "I postulated his possibilities and figured him out with the greatest of ease"- Smuggles
    "It looks just like an NRS game. For a lot of you guys it seems denial is just a river in Africa" - Drunkards_Walk
    Debating on which version to rock. Prolly PS4 since it will inevitably having the larger player base.

I think that the PC version will run better but the PS4 version will have the bigger player base. Gonna be getting the PS4 version myself because its just more convenient for me, also all my Tekken friends are gonna get be gettin it on PS4
  • Paradise1955Paradise1955 Joined: Posts: 290
    Pic version will run better but that shouldn't be an issue if you have a pspro.
    edited March 1
    since when do they have..guns in tekken?!?

crazy customization..fine...but functional guns which makes damage?!?
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge Your life ends here Joined: Posts: 15,830
    Guns that do damage was introduced at least in Tag Tournament 2. I don't recall if they were in T6.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    Guns that do damage was introduced at least in Tag Tournament 2. I don't recall if they were in T6.

Tekken 6.
    I remember long ago when one of the T6 trailers showed off Bryan Fury using a shotgun on someone, signifying items being usable during fights.
    TTT2 expanded on them tremendously, with pistols, machineguns and whatever other mess that could launch a projectile.

Though, like the above, most weapons have long startup times and are usually blockable (unless bullets, so you duck/sidestep those things). And most don't do much damage.
    With a funny exception to Prototype Jack in Tag 2... he was one of the few where his unique item piece (a construction crane) could actively be used in combos, and those who had it, it changes his wall BnB combos to incorporate it (until Bamco nerfed the damage the thing did).
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,

lol I was watching my friend in a get hit 5 times by that thing
    we kept yelling at him that it was unsafe on block cause a couple of times he got hit with it raw
    those combos were legit wall carry into balcony break into crane with jack would fling them halfway across strategic space cause of the hits
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 851

Nah he will be easier to deal with in this game
    i usually beat bad eddys by being patient and moving out the way
    the only problem what that sometimes hitting him off the ground was reduced scaling and some of hte moves that hit grounded were risky for blocking correctly

but now characters have moves that arent stomps that take less risk to hit him off the ground like devil jins back 4 and kazuyas ff+2

i imagine hell be reworked for this game as well and alot more of his stuff will leave him in the standing position for longer. sorta of like lars uf 3 so youll be able to get a full launch off his stuff instead of air float interrupts or ground hits that scale

but with safe grounded moves idc ether way ill kick them till they get up
    its like soul calibur with alpha patroklos
    i abused 33b if you layed on the ground
    and ill do more of the same in this game
    Eh, I don't think I ever used b1,4 all that often. df2 has been my "spam" move since T5:DRO, when people didn't even know what juggles were. Whiff punishing with df3+4 was so satisfying.

But I really hope they actually try to shake up his moveset. Eddy has a lot of old Tekken 3 animations and a bunch of moves with long start-up that are mostly useless. I can't see him having a lot of screw attacks with what he has now.

I'll be dissapointed if they just port him from TTT2 as lazily as they have with Jack.

T7FR - Steve, Law, Dragonuv
    SFV - Balrog, Guile, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Benimaru/Leona
    GGxrdR - Chipp
    MKXL - Cassie

I honestly miss his old English voice.
    Also, how the hell many tailspin moves does he have?
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,

I like how his S! moves were handled
    PSN for KOFXIV = GDHAsia
    KOFXIV:
    DOA5LR:

edited March 2
    aww man, cant wait for it to come out.
    here some pictures of the two new stages G. Corp Helipad and Arena
    http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/3/2/tekken-7-screenshots-of-new-arena-g-corp-helipad-stages.html

and here the trailer which was posted already with some screenshots
    http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/3/2/tekken-7-eddy-gordo-character-reveal-trailer.html

arena stage looks great with everything in motion.

• yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 5,905
    Oh shittttttt boyzzzzz

that new move @ :32

the new negativa transition out of qcf+3

new route out of wr+2

La mixups!!!!

Wow who'da thought bringing back Eddy would spark my interest even more. Tekken 7 arcade really wasnt "feeling" like Tekken with so many core characters missing on release tbh. All I need is Anna and I am complete.

Oh yeah, for the "Eddy's storyline is done/Chloe replaced" folks...get rekt m8
    Isn't the Helipad stage a returning one from T6?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

The stage looks awesome. I got no intention of using Eddy so I was pretty indifferent when I watched the trailer but hey the more characters the better
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 851
    > RLX 4 is a S! move
    > 1,2 directly into HSP
    > WS1,4 (new move)
    > HSP 1 is his armor move
    > a new move that looks like a stand-alone version of the second hit of 3,4 string
    > His rage drive looks useful (?)
    > More Portuguese

That's what I got from first glance, anyway.

T7FR - Steve, Law, Dragonuv
    SFV - Balrog, Guile, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Benimaru/Leona
    GGxrdR - Chipp
    MKXL - Cassie

• mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 1,270
    He looks pretty cool actually, dont know why he has so many haters
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin(?), Xiayu
    mykka wrote: »
    He looks pretty cool actually, dont know why he has so many haters

He gets haters from those who still rush in blindly and get eaten up by button mashers.
    And the marginally few others who don't like that they can't launch him when he's in one of his stances (that and hurtbox shifts, so causes funny things like certain attacks hitting weirdly or whiffing).
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,