• Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • spliffy_bazspliffy_baz Joined: Posts: 155
    edited March 11
    Team tourny @ Final Round was pretty good, except for the maddening amount of stream lag.
  • Sanada-kunSanada-kun Joined: Posts: 714
    Lightz wrote: »
    Looks like Hwoarang's OG outfit is making a return to T7
    17202821_490943444362964_8299224621833521563_n.jpg?oh=42963a9a527f3c1c5ffe230dee0d2f4c&oe=5933BADC

I don't use Hwo but I used to love this outfit glad its coming bk.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero "Just making functions give in to unwanted pleasure..." Joined: Posts: 2,940
    Despite the long wait, this game is looking better and better everyday.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Geese / Mai [Luong, MuiMui, Geese, Leona, Shun, Beni, King, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Mai [Nyotengu, Kasumi]
    Tekken 7: Heihachi [Xiaoyu, M. Raven, Eliza, Jin, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ??????????????????
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 504
    I can't wait to try the online tournament modes you can do in this game. Capcom better take notes on how to take your time and release a game properly to the masses. Sf5 is so bare bones. Look how long it took just to get a crap version of an 8 man lobby. They could have done exactly like Namco and let people play the game at tourneys and still compete in it before home release. Or release an arcade version. Anyway nuff said.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,852
    psssht...no need to trash talk about trash in this thread.
    yeah, the tourney mode seem to be well thought out.

based on the image you see the connection bars from all the people, have a ingame text chat and can use voicechat too+it seems
    you can fight for a ingame money reward, even tho i am not sure if it is something you can set up for yourself or if it will be just a thing when they set it up.

i really hope they take the time to publish a polished product.
    i wouldnt even mind when they take a bit longer again as long as the final result is solid.

does anyone know what kind of netcode they use in the arcade version? i guess we will get the same then so it would be interesting
    to know if its delay base or fs/ggpo like.
  • Paradise1955Paradise1955 Joined: Posts: 406
    appomo wrote: »
    psssht...no need to trash talk about trash in this thread.
    yeah, the tourney mode seem to be well thought out.

based on the image you see the connection bars from all the people, have a ingame text chat and can use voicechat too+it seems
    you can fight for a ingame money reward, even tho i am not sure if it is something you can set up for yourself or if it will be just a thing when they set it up.

i really hope they take the time to publish a polished product.
    i wouldnt even mind when they take a bit longer again as long as the final result is solid.

does anyone know what kind of netcode they use in the arcade version? i guess we will get the same then so it would be interesting
    to know if its delay base or fs/ggpo like.
    I think it's a mixture of rollback and input delay.
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 661
    It is all delay based. They added even more input delay on top of Tekken Tag 2's delay to offline to compensate for net play. Outside of some sync issues related to points of view and preexisting bugs it seems to run well for arcade players in South Korea and Japan.
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,555
    It's good to see jdcr and knee spar with each other at the green arcade again
    Hope they become rekindle their friendship/rivalry so we get more death matches out of them!

And I'm happy
    Wizard world will be having the new version of T7 this weekend at the convention center downtown
    I'm gonna play all day Friday and all day Sunday!!
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 55,372 mod
    edited March 14
    Namco netcode has always been delay based with tricks to make it feel more offline like. Like paradise said there might be rollback elements in their code or usage of tricks to make it feel that way.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,064 mod
    Namco netcode has always been delay based with tricks to make it feel more offline like. Like paradise said there might be rollback elements in their code or usage of tricks to make it feel that way.
    Their simplest trick is having online have less input delay than offline, making up for lag.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero "Just making functions give in to unwanted pleasure..." Joined: Posts: 2,940
    Hope they become rekindle their friendship/rivalry so we get more death matches out of them!

And I'm happy
    Wizard world will be having the new version of T7 this weekend at the convention center downtown
    So JDCR and Knee played each other at Green just this recently? This makes me happy inside. I stated this before... fighting games bring the best out of folks and it allows for some pretty long friendships... as well as some interesting rivalries.
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Geese / Mai [Luong, MuiMui, Geese, Leona, Shun, Beni, King, Terry]

• NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,315

And I'm happy
    So JDCR and Knee played each other at Green just this recently? This makes me happy inside. I stated this before... fighting games bring the best out of folks and it allows for some pretty long friendships... as well as some interesting rivalries.

Not sure if they were playing in person (don't these cabs do matchmaking over Namco's network?).

Yeah ttt2 has a lot of input delay in general which definitely helped, I think it might have been worse than 8 frames maybe.
    Also why dont knee and jdcr like each other, what happened?
    edited May 15

For the JDCR and Knee situation, I don't completely understand what happened either. I heard that Knee was pressuring JDCR for a deathmatch while the latter was doing something else and it was poorly handled. A poor response from JDCR and then it got a bit worse from there. Or, something. Someone like Flying Wonkey might know
    Post edited by Great_Dark_Hero on

• spliffy_bazspliffy_baz Joined: Posts: 155
    edited March 16
    Someone on the Final Round stream that has played the Arcade and current PS4 build, said the PS4 build "had better movement than the arcade version" but the game is still in an incomplete state. So it seems like they may have reduced some of the input delay for console version to avoid the "8F" bashing that we all know will happen, if that is indeed the input latency of T7. I think Namco will try avoid as many of the problems that plagued SF5's release as they can.
  • LightzLightz Pizza Smuggler Joined: Posts: 1,230
    edited March 16
    Supposedly the 2 Tekken 7 DLC chars are going to be guest characters from other game series
    http://gematsu.com/2017/03/tekken-7-dlc-add-two-guest-characters-games

I'm not 100% sure about this tbh
    Post edited by Lightz on
    Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.
    so one year and only two new aditions to the game?
    hmm..wonder if they have some plans for other chars inbetween which might be for free.
    i kinda doubt it with eliza costing money...we will see.

at the end none of it matters when the game doesnt get a propper release with a decent netcode.
    so lets wait for that first.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,011
    Lightz wrote: »
    Supposedly the 2 Tekken 7 DLC chars are going to be guest characters from other game series
    http://gematsu.com/2017/03/tekken-7-dlc-add-two-guest-characters-games

I'm not 100% sure about this tbh

It's Ryu and Ken

Tekken x Street Fighter lives on
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    edited March 16
    While I don't really give a shit about characters from other games I must say I do find this intriguing. It kinda reminds me of when Smash was getting characters from everywhere it was always exciting to see who they managed to get just no more shotos or characters with weapons please
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,043
    edited March 17
    Terry from KOF and Scorpian from MK thanks!
    Id prefer it if the character was not from a fighting game
    Kazuma Kiryu and Terry Bogard.

• digos25digos25 PIMBA PIMBA PIMBA Joined: Posts: 530
    ... Pacman
    Kazuma Kiryu and Terry Bogard.

Kiryu is the guy from Yakuza right? That would b pretty kool
  • PhinxPhinx Joined: Posts: 123
    The hate comes
    Sanada-kun wrote: »
    While I don't really give a shit about characters from other games I must say I do find this intriguing. It kinda reminds me of when Smash was getting characters from everywhere it was always exciting to see who they managed to get just no more shotos or characters with weapons please

No weapons :(. Soul Calibur characters with shorter ranged weapons would be great. Maxi & Taki. Or, give us VF characters. Goh, El Blaze or Akira (He fights 10 times cooler than Leo.)
    Ninas iws 1 combo... Timing is a bit different but I managed to land it on a couple of people.

How different we talking need bit slower? Bit faster? Also where in the combo r u doing it because it seems like it's better to do it after the tailspin
    Man tekken 7 is the shit
    I got to play it at wizard world today
    OMG
    Only playing tag 2 for movement practice for now

Game is sick and they played On the asis monitors with no lag
    The speed was happening with my mishmas
    Game looks good live
    Ninas iws 1 combo... Timing is a bit different but I managed to land it on a couple of people.

Heihachi is so much fun
    I was spamming OTGF the launch is so fucking high lmfao. Shaheen is fun to play his pokes are great
    Awesome experience. I'm going right back on Sunday!!
    Spent three days playing it at a tourney myself. Three days was NOT enough for me. Youtube videos and streams do absolutely no justice compared to seeing T7FR from up close and personal playing among others

• NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,315
    Phinx wrote: »
    The hate comes

No weapons :(. Soul Calibur characters with shorter ranged weapons would be great. Maxi & Taki. Or, give us VF characters. Goh, El Blaze or Akira (He fights 10 times cooler than Leo.)

I've seen people compare those two on multiple occasions. I have no VF-experience, so I'd love to hear why they get compared.

Also T7 Leo is mad fun. The buff to b1,4 made the move completely nuts, and somehow they made her wall game even better in this game than in TTT2 since she has u3+4 and her rage drive (which seems utterly mediocre midscreen and completely silly). I can see why Japan considers her to be top tier.
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,555
    edited March 18

How different we talking need bit slower? Bit faster? Also where in the combo r u doing it because it seems like it's better to do it after the tailspin

Hmmm I was doing it then the tail Spin
    It seemed a bit faster but
    But next time I'll do it after
    Did not think of that at all!

I think maybe it might be me usually i get to play play on monitors without alot of lag but the past few days the one I been using has some on it
    that might be why my timing was off. it usually takes me a few matches to start hitting it.

I wanna start using xiayou as well
    all the characters seem fresh even old favorites

and akuma is hard as hell to hit out of demon flip
    on stream you may ask why people dont but when you play a good one its a whole different story

and you MUST low parry low forward
    if you dont he can cancel it into a whole bunch of bullshit
    my friend was using him

I learned to low parry with the quickness lmfao
    punishing -10 with jab fadc launch made me laugh and cry at the same time

Post edited by p.m novaroad pilot on
    that char is a girl? huh....
    Only if you ignore the bulge and the facial hair.
    http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/tekkenpedia/images/d/d0/Leo_kliesen_moustache_tekken_7.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151029142731&path-prefix=fr

*Game looks the least impressive of any of the Tekken installments at the time of their release. Nobody unfamiliar would turn their head to admire this game.

Hmmm I was doing it then the tail Spin
    It seemed a bit faster but
    But next time I'll do it after
    Did not think of that at all!

I think maybe it might be me usually i get to play play on monitors without alot of lag but the past few days the one I been using has some on it
    that might be why my timing was off. it usually takes me a few matches to start hitting it.

I wanna start using xiayou as well
    all the characters seem fresh even old favorites

and akuma is hard as hell to hit out of demon flip
    on stream you may ask why people dont but when you play a good one its a whole different story

and you MUST low parry low forward
    if you dont he can cancel it into a whole bunch of bullshit
    my friend was using him

I learned to low parry with the quickness lmfao
    punishing -10 with jab fadc launch made me laugh and cry at the same time

I still dont like the inclusion of Akuma he basically forces you to play a game that isnt Tekken but if it helps bring more people to the game then its worth it i guess
    edited March 22
    Naeras wrote: »
    Phinx wrote: »
    The hate comes

I've seen people compare those two on multiple occasions. I have no VF-experience, so I'd love to hear why they get compared.

Also T7 Leo is mad fun. The buff to b1,4 made the move completely nuts, and somehow they made her wall game even better in this game than in TTT2 since she has u3+4 and her rage drive (which seems utterly mediocre midscreen and completely silly). I can see why Japan considers her to be top tier.

They use the same martial arts. Leo and Akira share a few similar moves but his look cooler. He's a fast, hard hitting type with small combos and his moves look a lot more devastating (power behind them.) Akira also has a lot of high mobility moves. Some strings allow you to get to the side/back or flip them around. Back dash and have new options from that. Has multiple ways to break your guard and counter (pretty much the same as tekken but no chickens.)

VF gives you advantages from side & back. Bonus frames, more so from counter hits. His wall game can take advantage of those on top of wall bounce, guard break, his mobility moves (moving side ways to cut off and keep you at the wall) or get some frame advantage from side and go for bigger hits. Tekken has a much stronger oki game. So it's really hard to compare them.

Both are great characters & quite different in playstyle though. It'd be cool to see a character big on mobility like that. It's also why I wanted El Blaze. Acrobatics, wall jumps and stuff like a lightweight Luchadore. Armor King is awesome (more heavy weight.) Sadly he hasn't been announced..... 'Yet.'

edited April 13
    @Monkey66
    i made this for a own thread in a other forum and just wanted to offer it to you for the startpost.
    Post edited by appomo on
  • shotoreplicantshotoreplicant NO. 3 Joined: Posts: 48
    hi. new to TEKKEN 7..
    Sim Wit Sin.
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,364
    tekken7_startpost___oben_mittig_by_f_g_c-db3gstl.png
    tekken7_startpost___seite_links_by_f_g_c-db3gstu.pngtekken7_startpost___seite_rechts_by_f_g_c-db3gsu3.png
    Genre: Fighting Game / Publisher: Bandai Namco / Release: 02.06.2017

@Monkey66
    i made this for a own thread in a other forum and just wanted to offer it to you for the startpost.

Thanks, just updated it
    edited March 31
    The 3 new stages from the stream yesterday.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Tekken/comments/62iap2/brand_new_stages/
    Infinite azure looks dope
  • CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 2,993
    I'll get to play the latest build of T7 next weekend. Should be fun.
    are they going on tour now with the kuma/panda/eddy build?
    some vids would be nice to see if they improved the console loading times.

This is the newest build, so you should be able to compare the loading times from this build to the older ones.
  • CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 2,993

Seems like it. I'll share anything noteworthy about the build I'm playing. Last build I played was the Lee/Miguel build and loading times were already miles better. Rematch in VS mode was instant, which is massive if any of you remember how long it took to rematch in Tag 2...
    Bastards stole major Soul Calibur VI assets twice now! DAFUQ?!
    Bastards stole major Soul Calibur VI assets twice now! DAFUQ?!
    you cant steal what belongs already to you.
    what exactly are you reffering to?

translated framedata which seems to get keept updated in the future
    http://rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/

Tekken7 Streamer List
    http://twitchstats.net/gamedetails.php?id=491278&sort=f
    What does every Soul Calibur game since II have? A bright cathedral and a lava stage. They look relatively out of place in Tekken. Lava only ever appeared in Heihachi's Tekken 2 ending. The only cathedrals have been decrepit (Tag, 5, Tag 2).
    Hrmm, I figured the lava stage was monumental to Heihachi and Kazuya's past. So it makes sense it's in.