Tekken 7 Discussion

Comments

• Paradise1955Paradise1955 Joined: Posts: 404
    What does every Soul Calibur game since II have? A bright cathedral and a lava stage. They look relatively out of place in Tekken. Lava only ever appeared in Heihachi's Tekken 2 ending. The only cathedrals have been decrepit (Tag, 5, Tag 2).

And isn't Claudio part of some weird church too?
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 544
    edited April 17
    Those are not the only examples either.
    heihachi-mishima.png300?cb=20161011174321&path-prefix=en9ad935110b604a52d609afeb86bf6b69.jpg
    300?cb=20160627190235&path-prefix=entekken7-fated-retribution-screenshot10.jpg12976569_660832167388976_830282899_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTIyNjgxMTE0MzAyMTYwNTE3Mg%3D%3D.2

Post edited by NeverYouMind on
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Come hither! Punishment awaits! Joined: Posts: 2,791
    edited April 14
    * Gasp * Two NamcoBandai fighting game titles Tekken and Soul Calibur borrowing from each other???!!!!
    This has been going on for more than a decade with their move sets and several other assets. Every other video game development company with more than one fighting game title does this in some form or another.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Geese / Mai [Luong, Geese, Leona, Shun, Beni, King, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Mai [Nyotengu, Kasumi]
    Tekken 7: Heihachi [Xiaoyu, M. Raven, Jin, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• M1XM1X 04'er Joined: Posts: 135
    PSN: m1x4h
    I play Venom in Guilty Gear.
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,506
    edited April 15
    Post edited by appomo on
    M1X wrote: »

I heard might be $129.99
  • LightzLightz Justine! You handle this. Joined: Posts: 1,225
    So there's no more character reveals left outside of DLC characters it seems

Also I had a chance to meet Harada when he comes to the Bandai Namco HQ in Sydney on the 25th because my cousin won 2 guest passes, but unfortunately he can't go because of family reasons. Bummer.
    Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,501
    appomo wrote: »

Dude, the helipad stage theme is fucking garbage, holy shit. Worst track in Tekken history
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    edited April 17
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    appomo wrote: »

Dude, the helipad stage theme is fucking garbage, holy shit. Worst track in Tekken history

not my fault mate :pensive:
    i heared already a bunch of songs which i dont like but i guess thats what the jukebox option for you ps4 guys is there for.
    on pc we can most likely mod songs out which we dont like.
    * Gasp * Two NamcoBandai fighting game titles Tekken and Soul Calibur borrowing from each other???!!!!
    I know of a great deal of recycled under the hood content. However, now Tekken has lost any identity and has resorted to using using key Soul Calibur designers to shape it. Staff was shared before, but the shared features were not so blatantly obvious and thematically out of place. Tekken is no longer a united whole and has become an amalgamation of opposing design philosophies with a lack of direction. There used to be a time where getting a new installment of Tekken was not about lowering expectations, but about how much they could improve the game.

This is what is available in Tekken 7:
    tekken7-march2017-character-select-screen.PNG
    TZ08R2D.jpg
    tekken-7-digital-deluxe-edition-preorder-art-01-ps4-us-23jan17?$MediaCarousel_Original$
    8236ea125e1fad400b43f5e19658c98720170401053955.jpg
    ZoERulO.jpg
    I know of a great deal of recycled under the hood content. However, now Tekken has lost any identity and has resorted to using using key Soul Calibur designers to shape it. Staff was shared before, but the shared features were not so blatantly obvious and thematically out of place. Tekken is no longer a united whole and has become an amalgamation of opposing design philosophies with a lack of direction. There used to be a time where getting a new installment of Tekken was not about lowering expectations, but about how much they could improve the game.

tekken7-march2017-character-select-screen.PNG
    TZ08R2D.jpg
    tekken-7-digital-deluxe-edition-preorder-art-01-ps4-us-23jan17?$MediaCarousel_Original$
    8236ea125e1fad400b43f5e19658c98720170401053955.jpg
    ZoERulO.jpg

what exactly would tekken7 need in your eyes to be a "improved" version in comparison to tekken6

Wait im confused, whats wrong with the pictures your showing.
    So judging by the char select screen - there will be a total of 6 DLC characters, not including Eliza
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    So judging by the char select screen - there will be a total of 6 DLC characters, not including Eliza

There's only two plus Eliza. at least in the season pass.

There's only two plus Eliza. at least in the season pass.

That would make the CSS oddly shaped then, and there's already a slot for Random Select. Tekken for the most part (only exceptions being TTT, TTT2 and T5) always had an equally aligned select screen
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

i think it depends on how well its doing including the season pass.
    when people buy it and it makes profit there would be no reason to not add some more.

i mean thats the only way to get money out of us since from what i heard costumes never cost
    money.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Come hither! Punishment awaits! Joined: Posts: 2,791
    The following image is not real. But, there is certainly a side to me that wishes that this was a thing.
    A character like Kazuma Kiryu, 2B, or even Adam Jensen for example would not be bad for guest characters either, though I would hope it would be handled well. I hate it when subjects end up bordering on "fanfiction" levels when they are not executed well.

• ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 1,955
    Some ideas for Haradas Tekken 7 Guests:

Geese/Terry from Fatal Fury or MOTW
    Axel/Adam from Streets of Rage
    One of the Bryants from Virtua Fighter
    Someone from Fighting Vipers
    Someone from Eternal Champions
    Scorpion from MK
    Geese mothafuckin' Howard!!!!

• k4polok4polo Your Lethal Assassin Joined: Posts: 4,604
    Geese mothafuckin' Howard!!!!

Go HAM. Go for it Namco.
    "Where there is light, there's a shadow"
    SFV: Nash, Cammy, Urien
    Injustice 2: Poison Ivy, Super Girl, Wonder Women
  • DiasFoxDiasFox Joined: Posts: 402
    The following image is not real. But, there is certainly a side to me that wishes that this was a thing.
    A character like Kazuma Kiryu, 2B, or even Adam Jensen for example would not be bad for guest characters either, though I would hope it would be handled well. I hate it when subjects end up bordering on "fanfiction" levels when they are not executed well.

If only it was true, but I want Honoka or Kokoro instead.

• DJBLKKZAND94DJBLKKZAND94 DJ/Fighter/Scratcher and Killer Joined: Posts: 343
    It makes me sad that Harada brought back a broken capo and no Armor King....
    PSN:DJBLKKZAND514
    XBL:IRONKRUSH514
    STEAM:DJBLKKZANDO514
    ⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓘⓟⓩⓘⓘⓘⓘⓟⓩⓟⓟⓩⓟⓩⓩⓟⓗⓩⓩⓨ
    "Everybody love him"
    -Joey Bada$$:Unorthodox
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
    @NeverYouMind honestly it sounds like you want tekken to be a completely different game.
    I want it to evolve from a game of hacky sack into a genuine fighting game more akin to some of its past installments with a movement from archaic design decisions to expanded newer ones that could redefine it and add depth to the meta-game that is not related to input difficulty.
    We live in an age where there are mounds of games to choose from.
    Harping on the things you don't like about one, to an audience that doesn't give two fucks is a clear sign you should be choosing another game.
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,486
    edited April 18
    lmfao the concept is that movement is tied/able to be cancelled into other types of movement
    this is a simple concept to understand although difficult to learn but extremely rewarding
    you might want to play something else. since esesentially you want something else.
    because to pretty much everybody else the game with the new tweaks seems to make sense
    geese or maybe rock would be interesting
    or sol badguy lmfao
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,052
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    LiangHuBBB wrote: »

VOD timestamp?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Enjoy Outdated Weebo Hacky Sack: Halloween Edition, I am just going to play some Virtua Fighter with its superior movement system and representation of martial arts. Tekken hit some great peaks while I played it, but it never had anything on Virtua Fighter. Never has and never will with that ass-backwards attitude.
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,486
    k then bye
    edited April 18
    Enjoy Outdated Weebo Hacky Sack: Halloween Edition, I am just going to play some Virtua Fighter with its superior movement system and representation of martial arts. Tekken hit some great peaks while I played it, but it never had anything on Virtua Fighter. Never has and never will with that ass-backwards attitude.

@NeverYouMind
    Then what the fuck were you doing here? Did you because this website for gamefaqs or something? Because, a lot of shit that you were saying on here until was suspect as hell. You call us "ass-backwards" yet you just got done suggesting a bunch of weird-ass ideas and arbitrary changes to make Tekken into something that it clearly isn't just to suit your imagery idea of what you think Tekken "should" be like. Not only that, but you were also complaining about the aesthetics and the gameplay elements of Tekken (Both arguments which were already debunked, especially the former).

• NiitrisNiitris Joined: Posts: 216
    I too wish every game was like Virtua Fighter.

Why can't I get the things I want in games I don't like? ;_;
    LiangHuBBB wrote: »
    a45.gif
    dead.gif
    "Everybody love him"
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
  • DiasFoxDiasFox Joined: Posts: 402
    Admire the Red Cowboy Akuma! Fear his Butterfly style combos!
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 1,955
    edited April 19
    Geese would fit in with the Tekken system well. A bit TOO well. Also goro daimon as a random shoutout LOL
    Geese would have one too many reversals,it would be like DOA all over again.
    "Everybody love him"
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
    edited May 16

In neutral situations? Geese's reversals would function more than likely work in line with Asuka's (while also having a low body blow counter). There may even be a chance of him having a parry that works in line with Jin's to a degree. In DOA, you can hold out of hit-stun (except a few, notably the sit-down stun, and the hold system itself leaves people exposed to hi-counter throws). Performing actions while in hitstun is not a thing in Tekken.
    Post edited by Great_Dark_Hero on

In neutral situations? Geese's reversals would function more than likely work in like with Asuka's (while also having a low body blow counter). There may even be a chance of him having a parry that works in line with Jin's to a degree. In DOA, you can hold out of hit-stun (except a few, notably the sit-down stun, and the hold system itself leaves people exposed to hi-counter throws). Performing actions while in hitstun is not a thing in Tekken.

YOOO
    What if the frames were fast like in CVS2 where its super sped up to the point were it can't be predicted!?
    predictabo_main_1024x1024.png?v=1425875723

"Everybody love him"
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER

In neutral situations? Geese's reversals would function more than likely work in like with Asuka's (while also having a low body blow counter). There may even be a chance of him having a parry that works in line with Jin's to a degree. In DOA, you can hold out of hit-stun (except a few, notably the sit-down stun, and the hold system itself leaves people exposed to hi-counter throws). Performing actions while in hitstun is not a thing in Tekken.

YOOO
    What if the frames were fast like in CVS2 where its super sped up to the point were it can't be predicted!?
    predictabo_main_1024x1024.png?v=1425875723

What kind of question is that? Why would NamcoBandai even try something like that? Geese's frame data and move set would be adjusted to Tekken's game play mechanics, much like how Gouki's was.

• itzpookiieitzpookiie Joined: Posts: 3,169
    Man what happened to the music....
    T7 soundtrack is not good =\
    itzpookiie wrote: »

The majority of T7's OST is amazing. There are just a few tracks that really aren't good, like the G-Corp Helipad
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

I think it depends on if you into edm or not, cause I think the music isn't bad aside from a few tracks.
  • ChiroChiro Not actually pronounced cheero Joined: Posts: 1,833
    edited April 20
    -sigh-

I think it depends on if you into edm or not, cause I think the music isn't bad aside from a few tracks.

im fine with edm i just wish it wasn't ALL edm. it really just starts blending together after awhile.
  • PhinxPhinx Joined: Posts: 119
    T7 is a bit hit and miss for me. There are beats I definitely enjoy though. And of the new stages revealed, Infinite Azure's is pretty catchy.

Infinite Azure

Oh well; Since I'll be jumping on the pc boat this time round, I'll just mod my favorites from previous Tekken games or from other fighting games. Kof, VF and GG have awesome music. Heck lots of fighting games have classic beats.
    I am here because I have followed the series from the beginning and it is hard to look away from a train wreck. Not sure if any of you are serious about the rest of that nonsense. Tekken has almost always followed in the footsteps of Virtua Fighter. The first and second Tekken were directed and designed by Seiichi Ishii, who was also responsible for designing the first Virtua Fighter. A good portion of the early Tekken staff had already worked on Virtua Fighter. Even the stiff version of the Korean step that debuted in Tekken Tag Tournament play was an emulation of a Virtua Fighter 3 Akira player. Tekken 4 even emulated Virtua Fighter 3's missteps with uneven ground. Tekken 5 completely ripped off Virtua Fighter 4's ranking and customization system. Tekken 6 then borrowed Virtua Fighter 5's bound mechanic.

Without a new Virtua Fighter the Tekken team has become desperate enough to resort to using mechanics from Street Fighter IV in an attempt to cater to attention spans that are unable to keep up with ten seconds of action without a flashy effect or cutscene. Instead they could have easily updated and innovated neglected aspects of the gameplay system and cut away some rough edges as I suggested. Apart from that they could have gone all in with the flash from the past theme they showed off early instead of embracing a divisive new Japanese pop culture style. Their decision to use this installment as a testing ground for the unfamiliar Unreal Engine 4 has also greatly reduced the quality of their product. The soundtrack itself has seen one of the largest downgrades in series history. Tekken 7's marketing is nothing more than a facade of honoring the franchise while doing the exact opposite in every aspect.