Tekken 7 Discussion

Comments

• NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 451
    Don't know what TAS means...

They are both relevant when discussing the balance of Tekken Tag 2 as a whole. Worse things I may not be aware of, but they speak ill of the game's balance nevertheless, which was the point. You are missing the forest for the trees.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Mai Darkness Joined: Posts: 2,739

TAS = Tool Assisted

Which essentially means that human players will not be able to conduct certain actions in fighting games (or video games in general) without the means of tools (slow down, input procedures, frame-by-frame performance sequences). The said tools allow individuals to push the game to its limits as a result, hence why you may see Tool-Assisted Speedruns of older games. Performing the same actions without these tools (aka playing the game regularly) would be completely impractical.

In the case of TTT2, Bob's infinite being TAS-only means that it is practically impossible to land in a real match. There are also situations where you may see tool assisted death combos, like these:

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Shun / Mai / Beni [Luong, Geese, Sylvie, Kyo, King, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Mai[Nyotengu, Kasumi]
    Tekken 7: ???
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• M1XM1X 04'er Joined: Posts: 135
    edited May 1
    Nvm... I see it in the ATP link.
    PSN: m1x4h
    I play Venom in Guilty Gear.
    Tekken 7 Talk with Markman, feat. Maximillion (Really...?)

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,218
    Heihachi be beasting in the Story

holy fucking shit
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,293
    Heihachi da gawd
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
  • Sanada-kunSanada-kun Joined: Posts: 655
    Tekken 7 Talk with Markman, feat. Maximillion (Really...?)

I can see why they put him on there. Maximillan represents the casual community and while Tekken always does well globally they struggle to reach the casual audience in the US, the way this game has been designed you can see that they r trying to reach a wider audience and Maximillan is a good way to do that
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,220
    edited May 3
    Post edited by appomo on

• p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,449
    only thing I desire he does (and ill watch his podcast later) other tutorials will be down the line
    but he does need to make sure that he talks about movement somewhat
    not in a way that is used to dissuade people but in a way that they will know when they pick up the game that it is something that they will have to work on and its better to know first going in

• ProRap500ProRap500 Joined: Posts: 136
    Never played Tekken...

is the story as ridiculous as Street Fighter's story?
    ProRap500 wrote: »
    Never played Tekken...

The entire premise of the series is a martial artist dropping his son from a mountain cliff because he was too weak

I'll leave the judgement to you
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,564
    Never played Tekken...

The story is actualy pretty interesting.
    Outside of the mainstory revolving around the Mishimas and their siblings, you have a buttload of sidestorys.

Tekken begane basicly with Heihachi throwing his son of a cliff, then in the first game, Kazuya throws Heihachi off a cliff, just to have Heihachi throw Kazuya in the next game into a vulcane.
    The story becomes more serious with Tekken 3 tbh. where you have Kazuyas son as one of the new maincharacters and they begane to give you more background informations.
    Basicly if you want a short summ up of the story, at the beginning of Tekken 6 is a short 5-8min long video where the entire story is summed up.

Here you go, it's actualy 9:40 long.
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose, Decapre, Juni, Juli
    King of Fighters: Leona, Athena, Whip (Rugal as DLC!!!)
    Tekken: Jun,Yoshimitsu
    Overwatch: Reinhardt, D.Va, Zarya, Winston, Soldier 76, Reaper, Zenyatta, Mercy

My SFV Cammyguide!
    The Tekken plot line and how the characters... deal with certain obstacles has been ridiculous long before that.

• tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,655
  • DiasFoxDiasFox Joined: Posts: 328
    Son and Grandson became monsters. Somehow it is a family thing.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,010
    tataki wrote: »

Hey buddy. Filled in for Heihachi's section.

• BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,293
    Eddy trailer theme is in the game

ybamT71.gif

Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
    canon wise who are the 3 most powerful characters in the tekken verse? in your opinion
    Hard to say. Mishima's usually dominate but every playable character isn't that far off.

But, this isn't exactly DBZ (and no, Blood Vengeance is not canonical).

But, what is more interesting subject of matter is how the tournament majors will turn out when this game is out on June 2nd. A lot of players like JDCR or Knee are still strong but there is a bit of potential for upsets.

hasn't Jin pretty much won every King of the Iron Fist tournament but Heihachi cheats to make it hat he wins
    edited May 11
    Kazuya got the first one, Heihachi won the second one (there is nothing that reveals that Heihachi cheated here) and Jin won the third one (though Paul technically won undefeated and whacked Ogre. But, Ogre transformed and Jin just happened to be present). Heihachi won the 4th tournament (under the same citcumstance) but was beaten by Jin at Hon Maru. Jin then won the fifth tournament. It is unknown who won the sixth but Jin clearly wasn't present for it as he was too busy messing around with Lars and a giant... crystal... chicken... dragon thing (Azazel), among other things. The idea behind the sixth tournament was a bit arbitrary and convoluted at best. But, this is a fighting game so this sort of thing is to be expected at this point. Game play-wise, when said Mishima's, I aldo included Jin himself whom can be described as a Mishima from a game play perspective, though the mileage behind this will vary. Sure he has a wave dash, CD mix-ups, EWHF, and even sharws only a handful of moves from the other Mishima's, he still a lot of moves that separate him from the Mishima's yet he can still be played like them. Of course, DJ is closer to Jin's T3 counterpart. The last bit was for clarification.

But, this isn't necessarily gamefaqs so we may need to keep the aspects of the canon and character 'power levels' at a minimum.

Also: UK Tekken 7 event

edited May 11
    Hard to say. Mishima's usually dominate but every playable character isn't that far off.

But, what is more interesting subject of matter is how the tournament majors will turn out when this game is out on June 2nd. A lot of players like JDCR or Knee are still strong but there is a bit of potential for upsets.

Didn't Saint win both EVO and KOIFT?
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,564
    It's speculated, that Kazuya actualy won the 4th tournament and beat Jin, but Jin beat him as his Devil Gen run wild and he knocked both Kazuya and Heihachi in the following fight out.

There is no clear winner of the 6th tournament, because the tournament isn't implented in the mainstory.
    In the mainstory, we have Lars as MC and he pretty much is capable of winning against Kazuya and Heihachi, Jin tries to destroy Azazel and himself in after his last fight with Lars

Allthough it's hard to say, who are the Top 3 in Tekken, most of the cast are actualy capable of fighting everyone and beeing able to beat everyone.
    I would say it's pretty much like this:
    S Tier: Mishimas (this includes, Kazuya,Heihachi,Jin and Lars, Probably Kazuyas Mother too.)
    A Tier: Everyone else, Fang is probably A+, together with Paul,Bryan and Yoshimitsu.

It's unclear how strong Jun actualy is, if TTT2 is any indicator, she's probably on a similiar level like the Mishimas, but The Tag Tournaments are non-canon dreammatches like KoF98, so one can only speculate and guess here.
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose, Decapre, Juni, Juli
    King of Fighters: Leona, Athena, Whip (Rugal as DLC!!!)
    Tekken: Jun,Yoshimitsu
    Overwatch: Reinhardt, D.Va, Zarya, Winston, Soldier 76, Reaper, Zenyatta, Mercy

My SFV Cammyguide!
    Naeras wrote: »

Didn't Saint win both EVO and KOIFT?

Of course he did. I just named a few players at the top of my head when I typed that.

edited May 11
    kazuya won 1although he actually tied with paul fighting him for 2 days straight I think. paul satisfied, left and then kazuya won.
    heihachi won 2
    jin won three cause paul left like a dumbass after he beat ogre then jin beat true ogre
    jin won 4 he got kidnapped by the tekken force then brought to hon maru then he beat kazuya and heihachi then transformed into devil jin, then left
    jin won 5
    lars actually won 6 even though jin made it to the end and defeated azarel nina takes over the mishima zaibatsu cause she was jins right hand before his disappearance.
    and seven...???

i think knee is still overall the best he just needs to stick with Bryan. but hasnt played him as much as of late
    hes done some death matches with him but thats his best character. jdcr and saint will take the tournaments for the immediate furture
    but playing seven i will say the one on one makes upsets more likely
    you have to eat setups now the way the system is (no tag crash) and people will get better with movement and the rage stuff makes the outcome in a first to 3 more unknown
    Post edited by p.m novaroad pilot on
    kazuya won 1although he actually tied with paul fighting him for 2 days straight I think. paul satisfied, left and then kazuya won.
    heihachi won 2
    jin won three cause paul left like a dumbass after he beat ogre then jin beat true ogre
    jin won 4 he got kidnapped by the tekken force then brought to hon maru then he beat kazuya and heihachi then transformed into devil jin, then left
    jin won 5
    lars actually won 6 even though jin made it to the end and defeated azarel nina takes over the mishima zaibatsu cause she was jins right hand before his disappearance.
    and seven...???

Way to repeat most of what I typed there :coffee:

Personally I think JDCR is stil
    Xvideos wrote: »
    Akuma so stronk

I saw this the other day. Why do we have a SF character that is still playing SF in a tekken game smh.
    heihachi won 2
    jin won 5
    and seven...???

Way to repeat most of what I typed there :coffee:

lol my bad it was mostly to expand on how paul has gotten hosed and turned into a joke character and jin being brought to honmaru in 4 plus it was to reaffirm what most of us had said
  • XvideosXvideos Xvideos Joined: Posts: 3,015
    edited May 12
  • Bzerk45Bzerk45 THE ANSWER Joined: Posts: 224 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Akuma doesn't even do that kind of damage in his own game. Tekken is grown man damage
    gallarycard114.png

SSF4AE - Makoto, Oni, Twins :(
    SSF2T - Guile, O.Hawk
    KOF XIII - Takuma, Andy, Terry, Shen
    KOF 2002/UM - Terry, Gesse, Ramon, Vanessa, K'
    Please Feel Free To Hate On Me...
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 1,955
    Surprised this thread hadn't been updated with the recent videos:
    Mostly brief character expositions. Though near the end show off some little extras.

...The music in the 2nd half of both videos. It better be in a goddamn stage.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
    Oh you mean the T5 Arcade Intro remix? That will probably be reserved for the story mode, unless Namco has more content announcements on May 30th
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,220
    Road to King of Iron Fist Documentary
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/144429520

This gone be a good game
    edited May 20
    This gone be a good game
    That is debatable. Only time will tell whether it is popular...
    Post edited by NeverYouMind on
  • BilalBilal Joined: Posts: 11
    edited May 20
    I can't seriously believe it took 5 years for someone to find out that Killing Hawk was patched within like two months. There is a reason all those videos are dated very early 2012.

Tekken 6 is not the epitome of balance either, seriously, nobody mentioned Evo2011 (it's a meme in Tekken community for crying out loud) and God's Garden tournament? There are a lot of issues with TTT2 (no, Bob's "infinite" is not one of them) but it's definitely better balanced than BR. How come you seem to hate the reduced movement in T7.0 (I personally don't agree with many changes made to system since T6 either), but then praise T6 and T4 which did the EXACT same thing? Hitboxes in T6 (especially 6.0) were even worse in general compared to TTT2.

I believe making console characters weaker was deliberate and a much wiser decision than other way around. They took a VF approach here and I prefer it over having another T4 Jin, T5.0 Feng and T6.0 Bob etc. among one of the console characters.
    And killing hawk was patched but again bad players get hit by that
    Not really, it was really "cheap" and landing it didn't really determine the skill level of other player. Narakhof actually abused it to the win the tournament (the video compilation you saw) without even using his mains. It gave Hwo very very strong unintentional 50/50 on oki during TA!. Hwo players actually did a poll on TZ and most players didn't want it in the game either. I think Namco went overboard though and made the unblockable pretty much useless.

But yeah, anyone who plays/played TTT2 should know it's not even in the game.
    Post edited by Bilal on
    Well, I can duck electrics [on reaction], but it has more to do with the sound.
    edited May 21
    I hate the reduced movement in T7.0 because sidestep and sidewalk are limited compared to the other games (i.e. effective movement becoming 2 dimensional). Tekken Tag 2 hitboxes are bigger and are only outdone in inconsistency with Tekken 7's hitboxes.

VF approach? All characters equally viable in first release? No, that's not right. But, I do believe T5.0 is Steve's domain exclusively.

Hwoarang I do not play, yet facing him I was in a Tekken Tag 2 arcade match. There I witnessed his brokenness and did not play the game again until the console version released. Not long after, I discovered Tekken 6 with the removal of bound using cheats on the portable version, and with it a game worth enjoying. A balance was achieved by that simple act that is unique to the series.

In comparison the later foray into the console version of Tekken Tag 2 was troubled. It was not worthless due to the thoughtful expansion of character movesets, but it was tiresome as a result of poor design choices
    (added input lag, tag assault, retaining bound extension, retaining Blob, adding a skinny blob, retaining dancing chainsaw fembot with explosive head, increasing frequency of rage, sluggish raw tag with strange hurt boxes, single K.O. to win, quick health regeneration for reserve, 2 vs 1 imbalance, team battle with tag partners, weak DLC clones, reducing Unknown to a Jun clone, severely limiting Combot moveset/appearance, including battle functional joke items, removing corpse kicking, constant slow saving and loading even on rematches)
    and a lacking presentation
    (added tracking on many attack strings, cosplay convention/gag convention/gay parade looking versions of characters, joke clones added, goofy looking versions of classics {Heihachi, Julia, Yoshimitsu, Kunimitsu, Forest}, ugly faces, awkward stances/movement, default dub step soundtrack, poor lighting in certain stages, resolution inconsistency, disappearing reflective mud/water/goo stains, stage slowdowns, battle functional joke items, long and sometimes unskippable but always cringeworthy green screen introductions, stupidly short replays, faze through tag ins).

You are right that I do not know Tekken Tag 2 or Tekken 7 competitively, but that is because to me they are headache inducing to the point of questioning whether I like Tekken. Going back to the modded Tekken 6 and previous installments always reminds me that it is not the case. While I did give the console version of Tekken Tag 2 the benefit of the doubt and purchased it, I will avoid creating any further negative associations with the franchise by not playing anymore Tekken 7. I am not a masochist, but I do hope that you enjoy it. As for myself, I already know that if I play anymore Tekken 7 I am going to have a bad time.
    So I'm just curious how many of u guys and girls play Tekken on stick? And if so what stick do u have?
  • KillerandUndertakerKillerandUndertaker Joined: Posts: 68
    Sanada-kun wrote: »
    So I'm just curious how many of u guys and girls play Tekken on stick? And if so what stick do u have?

I use a TE with a modified Myoungshin Fanta.
    I hate the reduced movement in T7.0 because sidestep and sidewalk are limited compared to the other games (i.e. effective movement becoming 2 dimensional).
    So did T6 (even worse because of making even bdc much less viable) and I didn't like how both T6 and T7.0 played. It seemed to be addressed in FR anyway, so what's the issue with it now?
    Tekken Tag 2 hitboxes are bigger and are only outdone in inconsistency with Tekken 7's hitboxes.
    No, remember AOP getting hit with stuff like Generic df1s in T6? Tracking on Lars' jabs? Random both side tracking of Law's df2? Bryan's taunt tracking both sides on tech? Steve getting combo after everything because of ff2 hitbox? T6 first complaints were movement nerfs and giant hitboxes.
    VF approach? All characters equally viable in first release? No, that's not right. But, I do believe T5.0 is Steve's domain exclusively.
    VF characters are usually incomplete/weaker when they are first introduced (Goh and Brad in Evo, Taka in R), Tekken characters are usually the other way around. Again, would much rather have it the first way because a couple of comparatively weaker characters won't ruin the whole game.

I think it's perfectly fine to dislike something, or even voicing disagreements with the design choices a game developer makes (although some of yours regarding throws and backroll seem to coincide with T7). After all, we are the consumers and keeping these companies afloat. I fully support your right to not spend your money on something you most likely will not enjoy. The only thing I don't like is misinformation and Tekken being so complex already makes it really hard to distinguish between correct and incorrect information, especially on a place like SRK. I saw your post about Killing Hawk in 2016 and refrained from correcting it thinking someone on SRK will know and post in the thread soon, but here we are.

Hori RAP with Crown stick.

To contribute something to this thread, profiles of all Tekken characters and their main storyline is now on official Tekken 7 website:
    http://tk7.tekken.com/fighters
    Bilal wrote: »
    I can't seriously believe it took 5 years for someone to find out that Killing Hawk was patched within like two months. There is a reason all those videos are dated very early 2012.

Tekken 6 is not the epitome of balance either, seriously, nobody mentioned Evo2011 (it's a meme in Tekken community for crying out loud) and God's Garden tournament? There are a lot of issues with TTT2 (no, Bob's "infinite" is not one of them) but it's definitely better balanced than BR. How come you seem to hate the reduced movement in T7.0 (I personally don't agree with many changes made to system since T6 either), but then praise T6 and T4 which did the EXACT same thing? Hitboxes in T6 (especially 6.0) were even worse in general compared to TTT2.

I believe making console characters weaker was deliberate and a much wiser decision than other way around. They took a VF approach here and I prefer it over having another T4 Jin, T5.0 Feng and T6.0 Bob etc. among one of the console characters.
    And killing hawk was patched but again bad players get hit by that
    Not really, it was really "cheap" and landing it didn't really determine the skill level of other player. Narakhof actually abused it to the win the tournament (the video compilation you saw) without even using his mains. It gave Hwo very very strong unintentional 50/50 on oki during TA!. Hwo players actually did a poll on TZ and most players didn't want it in the game either. I think Namco went overboard though and made the unblockable pretty much useless.

But yeah, anyone who plays/played TTT2 should know it's not even in the game.

im not talking about the combo im talking about the setup
    you should know to play dead
    this isnt rocket science here. take the grounded hit and keep it moving
    tech roll and reset the situation. having it patched is cool or whatever (not that it matters now but anybody who knows tekken knows that in that situation you take the ground hit cause of scaling
    the reset is only good if you stand instantly
    and the combo is whatever cause as i showed in the video during that online match there are combos that are way worse and do so much more damage.
    edited May 20
    I have a crown 307mj on my Madcatz TE2+ gonna b switching it out for a 309 soon tho. I saw that T7 website earlier apparently Leo is a dude? I thought it was a chick?
    edited May 21
    So did T6 (even worse because of making even bdc much less viable) and I didn't like how both T6 and T7.0 played. It seemed to be addressed in FR anyway, so what's the issue with it now?
    Never played Tekken 6.0, so I haven't a clue in that regard. Backdash canceling has always been a crutch for an archaic movement system. I would enjoy seeing it disappear along with the associated battle seizures. I already acknowledged that it was addressed in FR. It left a bitter taste regardless. The main thing is whether the extra dimension of movement is viable without glitches like sidestep block. If it isn't then jumping in 2D fighters is more relevant to a game system than 3D movement is in Tekken.
    No, remember AOP getting hit with stuff like Generic df1s in T6? Tracking on Lars' jabs? Random both side tracking of Law's df2? Bryan's taunt tracking both sides on tech? Steve getting combo after everything because of ff2 hitbox? T6 first complaints were movement nerfs and giant hitboxes.
    AoP needs to be launchable in the same way that Eddy's HSP otherwise it is too dominant with all its movement and attack options and limited risk. In Tekken 6 tracking was very limited with respect to most character's movesets, so it was easy enough to tell when to sidestep unlike in Tekken Tag 2. In Tekken as a whole there are some really awkwardly interacting hitboxes/hurtboxes that definitely have no visual contact, but still somehow manage to connect. There are also a few that make contact but do not connect (some inherited like Feng's shoulder faze through, but there are a number unique to Tekken Tag 2). The worst of the bunch are usually limited to juggles, but in Tekken Tag 2 there are some crazy ones outside of that.

*For the sake of retaining my sanity, I will not even bother to mention the shear quantity of issues in Tekken 7 and will simply refer you to part 2 of the Tekken Zaibatsu thread:
    http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=132237&perpage=20&pagenumber=1
    VF characters are usually incomplete/weaker when they are first introduced (Goh and Brad in Evo, Taka in R), Tekken characters are usually the other way around. Again, would much rather have it the first way because a couple of comparatively weaker characters won't ruin the whole game.
    Tekken 5 DR's Dragunov and Armor King were far more incomplete than Goh, though that hardly has anything to do with a character being viable. Also Brad was pretty fully featured from the get go due to inheriting a bunch of stuff from Vanessa's second style and was very good in Evolution. The case of Lei-Fei also contradicts your entire spiel as he started top tier in 4 and continued to be that way until Final Showdown nerfed him into the ground. Virtua Fighter 5R I know nothing about since it was exclusive to Japan. Personally, I would rather have newcomers go in the middle every time.
    The only thing I don't like is misinformation and Tekken being so complex already makes it really hard to distinguish between correct and incorrect information, especially on a place like SRK. I saw your post about Killing Hawk in 2016 and refrained from correcting it thinking someone on SRK will know and post in the thread soon, but here we are.
    Tekken Tag 2 had an overpowered Killing Hawk that I witnessed first hand. What version had it is trivial. If anyone here was aware about version specific changes it would have taken them all of 30 seconds to post that information. The failure to do so was simply a demonstration of the lack of care about the subject matter.
    edited May 21
    im not talking about the combo im talking about the setup
    you should know to play dead
    this isnt rocket science here. take the grounded hit and keep it moving
    tech roll and reset the situation. having it patched is cool or whatever (not that it matters now but anybody who knows tekken knows that in that situation you take the ground hit cause of scaling
    the reset is only good if you stand instantly
    and the combo is whatever cause as i showed in the video during that online match there are combos that are way worse and do so much more damage.
    But that was not the issue with it, it was more like T5.0 Bryan's 121 snake edge at wall. If you tech you die, if you don't tech you are taking the damage that you shouldn't be taking in first place only because you can't tech. Basically if you tech, you eat the unblockable into another combo, if you don't tech the other character will reset the combo with a pick up and you eat the unblockable anyway. Even tag crash couldn't fully prevent this. There is nothing else in the game similar to it and there is a reason it was immediately patched.
    Never played Tekken 6.0, so I haven't a clue in that regard. Backdash canceling has always been a crutch for an archaic movement system. I would enjoy seeing it disappear along with the associated battle seizures. I already acknowledged that it was addressed in FR. It left a bitter taste regardless. The main thing is whether the extra dimension of movement is viable without glitches like sidestep block. If it isn't then jumping in 2D fighters is more relevant to a game system than 3D movement is in Tekken.
    The things I mentioned also apply to BR although it had marginal improvements. BDC still covered very little space and moves tracked like whoa. Sidestep block in not a glitch and you do not need to even do it to evade a move, it is more of an option select like ECDG or EFDG. Sidestepping and sidewalking alone is usually enough.
    AoP needs to be launchable in the same way that Eddy's HSP otherwise it is too dominant with all its movement and attack options and limited risk. In Tekken 6 tracking was very limited with respect to most character's movesets, so it was easy enough to tell when to sidestep unlike in Tekken Tag 2. In Tekken as a whole there are some really awkwardly interacting hitboxes/hurtboxes that definitely have no visual contact, but still somehow manage to connect. There are also a few that make contact but do not connect (some inherited like Feng's shoulder faze through, but there are a number unique to Tekken Tag 2 like Raven's flying knee hitting crouching opponent on the opposite side). The worst of the bunch are usually limited to juggles, but in Tekken Tag 2 there are some crazy ones outside of that.

*For the sake of retaining my sanity, I will not even bother to mention the shear quantity of issues in Tekken 7 and will simply refer you to part 2 of the Tekken Zaibatsu thread:
    http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=132237&perpage=20&pagenumber=1
    - All the videos posted are displaying awkward situations instead of the hitbox issues. It actually shows that hitboxes and hurtboxes are smaller, hence Raven was able to ff3 above Alisa's stance. ff3 always had a very small hitbox, but at least there are no axis issues with the combo now.
    - AOP comparison with HSP makes no sense at all, if anything, you should compare it with RLX or BOK. It is actually one of the redeeming features making the game more diverse than generic. Tekken has been getting more and more generic since T6. BTW you can launch AOP, I think you meant airborne status. But airborne status gives less damage overall.
    - Tracking wasn't limited in T6, that's the Tekken where they introduced homing moves. I also gave example of how moves tracked better in T6, could be because of nerfed movement, bigger hitboxes or a combination of two. Majority of moves are much easier to step/walk in TTT2 than T6. Why else do you think they nerfed the movement in 7.0 in first place?
    - Yeah, Tekken is Tekken. There has never been a logical tracking system or to visually identify whether a move tracks and to which side. It didn't make much sense in T3/TTT for Jin's EWGF to track his left while WS2 tracking his right while both moves were uppercut launchers by his right hand. All the df2 have different tracking properties although they are visually very very similar.
    Tekken 5 DR's Dragunov and Armor King were far more incomplete than Goh, though that hardly has anything to do with a character being viable. Also Brad was pretty fully featured from the get go due to inheriting a bunch of stuff from Vanessa's second style and was very good in Evolution. The case of Lei-Fei also contradicts your entire spiel as he started top tier in 4 and continued to be that way until Final Showdown nerfed him into the ground. Virtua Fighter 5R I know nothing about since it was exclusive to Japan. Personally, I would rather have newcomers go in the middle every time.
    Not disagreeing here, mid would be ideal but does not really work out in practice. New characters usually end up either being bottom or top. Yeah Lei Fei has been top, but I was talking about general trend of AM2. Marduk also happened to be bottom in 4, but other newcomers dominated. In the end, he had much less impact on overall game than Jin and Steve. Same goes for DR character, they were there and people played them but didn't effect the overall game unlike Bob/Lars in later game(s). BTW Goh and Brad were both bottom tier in Evo.
    Tekken Tag 2 had an overpowered Killing Hawk that I witnessed first hand. What version had it is trivial. If anyone here was aware about version specific changes it would have taken them all of 30 seconds to post that information. The failure to do so was simply a demonstration of the lack of care about the subject matter.
    This is SRK afterall, 3D is very very niche here and people playing those games don't usually hang out in these forums.

EDIT:
    I have a crown 307mj on my Madcatz TE2+ gonna b switching it out for a 309 soon tho. I saw that T7 website earlier apparently Leo is a dude? I thought it was a chick?
    Leo is a mystery.

Post edited by Bilal on
  • Paradise1955Paradise1955 Joined: Posts: 366

Arcade is getting the console characters sometime this summer with the balence changes too, most likely. I guess they will keep updating it unlike TTT2.
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 3,201

I thought it was confirmed that Leo is female?
    A few years ago on a TTT2 event in Germany, Harada confirmed that Leo's gender is female. I don't know if it's true but that's what I read on reddit.
    Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal

SFV: Laura, R. Mika, Chun-Li, Juri
    GG Rev2: Baiken, Jack-O
    T7: Master Raven, Eliza, Nina, Katarina
    BB CF: Nine, Mai
    There is a bikini alt, boobs included, for Leo in TTT2.

If Leo's a dude, then there are some serious hormone issues going on.