Tekken 7 Discussion

Comments

• NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 753
    That poster is really ugly. Apart from the overblown red, there is also no symmetry. They could have done something more along the lines of:
    face-off_01_9340.pngwarcraft-wide-1.jpg
  • XvideosXvideos Xvideos Joined: Posts: 3,308
    edited January 23
    It's not just any poster by the way, it's might be the actual game cover of Tekken 7 since it was posted on Microsoft store.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/store/p/tekken-7/brjgprmbv1nt
  • LarsMastersLarsMasters Joined: Posts: 127
    I'm just a gamer/troper whose just passing by. The answers lies in the Heart of Battle.
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 3,329
    No crossplay on PC kinda killed the hype for me.
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK

Release date trailer (June 2nd)

• LightzLightz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Joined: Posts: 1,239
    About time. Release is a lot later than I expected but at least we have a date.
    I don't care
  • Sanada-kunSanada-kun Joined: Posts: 716
    Not gonna lie June 2nd kinda stings a bit, was hoping it would b sooner but if they need a bit more time 2 polish the game that's fine.
  • SkullboySkullboy On Days Like This... Joined: Posts: 12,415
    Remember when they told us "Early 2017"?

Lmfao.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • SnakeofNinjutsuSnakeofNinjutsu Kallen Kouzuki FTW Joined: Posts: 335
    edited January 23
    June is the right move. Rather them keep improving on the game and having a complete product. Also coming out in June avoids competing with Injustice 2 which is the most likely reason why its coming out then. Releasing in the same month would be bad.
    P4A - Elizabeth
    IGAU - Catwoman
    Jojo - Dio/Giorno
    It's not like the game is a technical mess like SFV was at launch. We've been seeing gameplay for over 2 years now. It runs fine and it plays fine.

Waiting almost another half a year can't be worth whatever extra content they feel like adding in. But maybe that's just me. I just have a feeling we're waiting an extra 5 months just because Harada wants to throw in another 3 or 4 characters that could just as easily be free/paid DLC.

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,339
    On the one hand, they're blatantly not wanting a release fiasco that Street Fighter 5 infamously went through.

On the other, that extra wait + no cross-platform on PC = had deflated my hype of the game severely.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,603
    edited January 23
    damn this is taking a long ass time
    though i do think that maybe some tweaks are in order as well as them not sacrificing frames for graphical output and vice versa
    somebody i was talking to said that for the recent location tests the game looked average and didn't look at good as some of the early versions
    plus characters and other things
    like tekken tunes

but im finally getting a bit more better in wavedash/light dash into instatnt ws which people get hit by alot lol the right side needs work
    Post edited by p.m novaroad pilot on
  • Kuwabara01Kuwabara01 Joined: Posts: 149
    People still bitch about SFV not having enough content, stop bitching and be happy they are releasing a full game on release
    PSN: SuperUntitled
    SFV: Ryu, Vega
    USF4: Hugo, Sagat
    MVC2: Venom, Omega Red
    SF2: Guile

• OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,908
    Lol who the fuck cares about "full content" besides casuals. People are just waiting to be able to play the fucking game against other people without having to go to Japan or Korea.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Cap Marvel/Thanos (Time)
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,128
    edited January 23
    Lol who the fuck cares about "full content" besides casuals. People are just waiting to be able to play the fucking game against other people without having to go to Japan or Korea.

A lot of people. In fact, so many people that they undoubtedly affect how well that particular game sells. Harada isn't an idiot. Notice how he indirectly points out Capcom's failure with SF5 as a reason for why he wants to delay the game. Yes, June is far away but <insert Miyamoto quote about a rushed game being bad forever while a delayed good game will be good forever>.
    C23JXPIVQAAC4jg.jpg

C23JX5nUQAI3Q9J.jpg

C23JYgIUcAAmxom.jpg

C23JfAyUsAA17P0.jpg

• Sanada-kunSanada-kun Joined: Posts: 716

A lot of people want full content not just casuals. Everyone complained about SFV when it came out, hell they r still complaining about how it is lacking is almost every aspect. but lets for argument sake say that it is for the casuals. Where do you think most of the sales of the game come from, do u think the competitive scene alone keeps tekken alive. You don't become one of the most successful Fighting Game franchises by just catering to the competitive scene
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,428
    BUT I WANT THE GAME NOW AND WILL EXPRESS MY ANGER THROUGH CAPS LOCK

Meh, I still have Xrd, I can wait a few months. I do feel sorry for the poor sods that have waited for this game for ages though.
    Having a complete game is a good thing.

Nobody said otherwise.

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Yup. Holiday functions got fucked too Joined: Posts: 3,252
    edited January 23
    Having a complete game is a good thing.

Nobody said otherwise.

I said this just to make a point.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV
    Kyo / Luong / Geese [Mai, Shun, Benimaru, Leona, Terry, Mian, Mui Mui]

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7
    Eliza [Xiaoyu, Geese, Jin, Lars, Lee, M.Raven]

BBCF
    Hakumen [Azrael, Nine, Makoto]

SFV ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 3,027
    It runs fine and it plays fine.

That just isn't true.

The game even in arcades is plagued with optimisation issues and lag spikes. I've played T7 offline at numerous events, graphically is still weak in areas, loading times have been all over the place and the same lag issue that you see in the arcade versions (I've also played on the Arcade boards imported from Japan at Bamco's UK HQ).

The game still has a bit to go, I think if it were released next month or the month after we'd be seeing issues. Giving themselves 3 or 4 months makes sense to me. I don't just want a Tekken game, I want a good ass Tekken game. And I definitely don't want another SFV, I don't even want the current SFV.
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,358
    Rather them spend the extra time than come out with a product they have to fix up. 5 months ain't shit to trip over.
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
  • Yuri_AcTNYuri_AcTN All the best things are collectives. Joined: Posts: 1,174
    Damn, Eliza's thicc.
    Twitter: @YuriAkushon | XBL: Yuri Action
  • NeloVergilNeloVergil Joined: Posts: 3,032
    Lightz wrote: »
    Classic costumes in T7
    T1/T2 King
    16195527_1615584425135235_1358692020700903984_n.jpg?oh=5fa377590b96d4c30c98046974192033&oe=59141B7B&__gda__=1493484996_4c44482024959ee31520d75f98fb8f6d

T4/T5 Hoodie Jin
    16174782_1615584165135261_7712290185965172973_n.jpg?oh=ff9629727f80ae4aad594a7767724639&oe=590967E4&__gda__=1493817971_696e2856fb389ec29ac3ac58238f7e09

T4 Xiao
    16266292_1615584491801895_3724508915180563182_n.jpg?oh=5b4a3ede3dd922b420521d564cc8079e&oe=591C9813

Neat.

Where the fuck is T4 King with the long hair. I'll into the shoulders of T2 King until I know
    PSN: NeloVergil8909
    CFN: KingII

"Growth creates repulsion, accelerate the growth!
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,602
    edited January 25
    Biolink wrote: »
    Rather them spend the extra time than come out with a product they have to fix up. 5 months ain't shit to trip over.

its actually only two extra since people expected it to come out at the end of march.
    Post edited by appomo on
    Wait wait wait hold on, does Harada still hold his no paid DLC character promise for Tekken series? Or was that a one time deal for TTT2 only?
    Xvideos wrote: »
    Wait wait wait hold on, does Harada still hold his no paid DLC character promise for Tekken series? Or was that a one time deal for TTT2 only?

He said awhile back they were exploring the possibility of DLC characters.

edited January 23
    I hope we can use Tekken money to unlock characters like SF5 does.
    Tekken already uses in game money to unlock customization parts, would be nice if that be used for character unlocks too. Either that or timed unlocks like TTT2.
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,622
    Xvideos wrote: »
    I hope we can use Tekken money to unlock characters like SF5 does.
    Tekken already uses in game money to unlock customization parts, would be nice if that be used for character unlocks too. Either that or timed unlocks like TTT2.
    Apparantly Eliza will be paid DLC at a later date.
    Somebody pointed this out in a neogaf thread followed by this picture where it says in the small print.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C23TKsGWIAA-Z_h.jpg
    GGXrdR2: Jam, Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

• spliffy_bazspliffy_baz Joined: Posts: 155
    Give me Michelle DLC! For everyone that is salty about DLC the casual community kept hounding Harada for it so he's caved in. Look at the upside, there will be more characters that were otherwise not going to make the roster. The June release date is really upsetting as they stated early 2017 and it's now exactly half way into 2017. As long as it isn't like SF5 it's fine though. I bought SF5 and it's been uninstalled on my PC since a day before Juri's release. Rushing out a game in an incomplete state is disastrous and they are very wise to spend all the time needed to have a successful launch and get good review scores. Nobody wants to see another SF5. So as bitter as I am about the delay I wont complain because paying for an incomplete, incompetent, rushed out, half baked, inexcusable piece of trash, wasn't worth it.
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,603
    tekken usually doesnt do DLC because they want to extensively test the movelists and how they interact with the 50 other characters movelists
    tekken usually doesnt do DLC because they want to extensively test the movelists and how they interact with the 50 other characters movelists

They don't usually do DLC characters because that wasn't a thing that was popular until sometime after TTT2. Then, they tried something along that line with Tekken Revolution.

C25b4euUoAAfm5v.jpg:large

From Hori official twitter account.