Tekken 7 Discussion

Comments

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,064 mod
    Ki Shima wrote: »
    Reckion wrote: »
    Monster637 wrote: »
    Hoping lars is kulled off. I luv naruto. But the whole hair n cape have to go.

If you see dr.Bosconovicht ending in ttt2 he *SPOILER ALERT* discovers that Lars is gonna get bald due to heihachi, being his father, is also bald.

Not trying to say anything, just thought it would be funny if they actually did that to him :rofl:

hair comes from the mothers side

You're looking for science in a game where an old man can get blow out of his house by a platoon of self destructing robots and still live to tell the tale.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • ReckionReckion I have such a raging clue right now!! Joined: Posts: 109
    that new character design for a new character though. So Assassins creed-esk. It feels like Ubisoft is gonna pull out a copyright strike on namco. lol
  • axiaxi Joined: Posts: 206
    I have a bold prediction. Tekken 7 will mark the first milestone of the revival of the fighting genre (IE: above 3%) on console and its birth (of relevance) on the master race. Tekken 7 has already made alliances with Der Feuher Gaben, its only a matter of time before his lunch ends and Tekken 7 is added to steam.

NAMCO can capitalize on the obvious mistakes of Capcom and Netherealms, and working with Unreal 4 could make this fighter the first truly cross-platform, cause wit fighters the KB/M vs Controller problems are non-existent.
  • Yusuke_The_DetectiveYusuke_The_Detective Life's a fleeting dream, don't let it go. Joined: Posts: 2,136
    S00perCam wrote: »
    There is only one move you need for each character In Tekken's neutral

and that's the hopkick

But Raven doesn't have a hopkick....

Case and point No one plays Raven for a reason :P

I stand alone
    494.gif

what about El Negro though?
    You gotta make the most of it you know.
  • LemresLemres The Two G.O.A.T Joined: Posts: 1,600
    Check this out.
    http://t.co/MxORJX7w4n
    Wow I've played Tekken 2 so many times and have never knew there was a marking on the floor. Now that's insightful.
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,397
    Lemres wrote: »
    Check this out.
    http://t.co/MxORJX7w4n
    Wow I've played Tekken 2 so many times and have never knew there was a marking on the floor. Now that's insightful.
    I noticed something there but obviously didn't notice the symbol.

I'm not surprised that T7 is wrapping up loose ends that reach far back as far back as t2 I always got the feeling there was a lot of stuff left out of the story to be revealed as twist later.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • ReckionReckion I have such a raging clue right now!! Joined: Posts: 109
    I wanna see what other character will be redisigned. I doubt it would be only lars getting new clothes
  • EvolderekEvolderek Joined: Posts: 111
    I wish I would gotten into tekken sooner. TTT2 is a blast to play. Cannot wait for T7!
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 759
    http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2014/9/14/tekken-7-location-test-announced-will-be-held-in-japanese-na.html

So there is going to be Location tests for this game in less than a month. While they likely won't be showing their whole hand there, this is probably a good indication that the game's systems are pretty much decided already and that it's going to be released in arcades a lot sooner than anyone expected. Also, given that the game is this far along already, Harada was clearly not joking when he said there would be a smaller roster.

Kazuya and Heihachi look noticeably aged (in comparison to Tekken 6) in those CG images
    It's nice to meet you, too.
  • weedianweedian Hechando Chingaso! Joined: Posts: 275
    Can't wait for the flood of theory fighter bullshit from fools in the US - country that hates arcades. Analyze that frame data F.T.W.!
    豆のおかげで俺が飛べるんだ!
  • Screw_TiersScrew_Tiers Screw_Tires? Screw_Tears? Fuck This Name Joined: Posts: 867
    weedian wrote: »
    Can't wait for the flood of theory fighter bullshit from fools in the US - country that hates arcades. Analyze that frame data F.T.W.!
    What the hell!? We don't hate arcades; businesses do (especially fighters, try finding one that hasn't gone to shit in these so called "arcades").

So there is going to be Location tests for this game in less than a month.
    I wonder what and how many characters will be available to play? I can imagine that a Mishima or two will be playable, but I'm guessing no new characters. I'm just hoping for some good footage.
    "Farts stink like a motherfucker!"
  • OhioNitsudOhioNitsud Joined: Posts: 81
    I've always enjoyed Tekken since the first and Tag 2 is my main fighter. I'd like to see Miguel and the ghost battle mode come back but animals, clones, ranking and rage be out. It seems like most want bound gone so I hope Namco-Bandai makes the majority happy by taking it out.
  • BallTapperBallTapper Swag in their face Joined: Posts: 526
    edited September 2014
    forget it
    TTT2: Dragunov/Bryan, Steve/Character, Jinpachi/King
    3SOE: Necro, Urien, Hugo
    HDR: O.Sagat, Balrog,
    KOF2002UM: Vanessa, Jhun, Iori, Clark, Hinako, Chang, Orochi Yashiro, EX Takuma
    KOF13: Ralf/Takuma/Hwa
    KOF14: I dont understand this game
    Injustass 2: Swampass, Spookybird
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: Morridoom, Spiderman/Thor/Ironman, Ironfist/Arthur/Spencer
    Super Setup Fighter IV: Hugo, Yun Sim
    SFxT: Nina/Steve, Sagat/Law
    MKX: Cyrax, A-List Johnny
    IRunsobad wrote: »
    I've always enjoyed Tekken since the first and Tag 2 is my main fighter. I'd like to see Miguel and the ghost battle mode come back but animals, clones, ranking and rage be out. It seems like most want bound gone so I hope Namco-Bandai makes the majority happy by taking it out.
    Animals are most definitely a shoe-in. I expect to see Panda, Kuma, and Roger Jr. They've never missed a game. Maybe Roger Jr., but definitely not Kuma. Not sure about clones but I think a few will come back. Violet comes to mind. Ranking is probably in again but Rage and bound are debatable. Don't care about Rage, but I'd be interested in seeing T7 gameplay back to the roots of Tekken. Or maybe even a new, innovative mechanic to take Bound's place. Regardless, we'll see soon enough.
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    What do you guys think of Catalina?

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,647
    She's ok. The design is nothing special.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Yusuke_The_DetectiveYusuke_The_Detective Life's a fleeting dream, don't let it go. Joined: Posts: 2,136
    I'm more interested to see how she plays. Her design is "Stereotypical hot latin woman" So its whatever.
    You gotta make the most of it you know.
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    Are hot latin women really that common in fighting games?

edited September 2014
    ^ I bet you that person mains Sakura...
    I like Catalina and her design, but like what's been said, I'm really interested to see this new, never-before-seen fighting style. I wonder what part she's gonna play in this story too.

Edit: wtf I can't do the coffee emote. That's some bs...
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,345
    I tried to get into Tekken and got myself Tekken Tag 2 and I gotta say I hate this game.
    I really liked Tekken 3 and Tag 1 but holy shit they went overboard with the number of characters, the number of moves and combos and thus the whole shit you have to learn.
    On top of that you still have this fucking movement system which presents a retarded and artificial entry wall for newbies that's really hard to climb.

I hate wavedashing with a passion. No complaints about frame perfect moves and shit but wavedashing is retarded.

With solid fighting game fundamentals I feel I can win games vs noobs in any Street Fighter title without knowing much about their character, but in Tekken I feel like I'm playing rock paper scisssors all the time.

I feel the game itself isn't fun anymore but what I have to say about TTT2 is that the richness of features the game has is incredible and a lot of fighting game devs can learn a lot from it.

I'm gonna buy Tekken 7 for the single player experience alone I guess. Can't bear learning that game.

Btw. Tekken Revolution sucked too. I hope Tekken 7 is not like that.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
    I'm more interested to see how she plays. Her design is "Stereotypical hot latin woman" So its whatever.
    The only thing keeping her from being a Christie alt is her lighter skin tone.

That said, she gives me more of a "female Miguel" vibe more than anything.
    On top of that you still have this fucking movement system which presents a retarded and artificial entry wall for newbies that's really hard to climb.

I hate wavedashing with a passion. No complaints about frame perfect moves and shit but wavedashing is retarded.
    Gonna have to agree with this. I mean, having advanced movement is fine, but there comes a point where it might be better to look at why players are doing and and how it could be made better integrated into the game.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    apparently her fighting style is gonna be Savate which i guess is a french type of muay thai/kick boxing, so i guess its safe to say Bryan and or Bruce might get shafted
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: Morridoom, Spiderman/Thor/Ironman, Ironfist/Arthur/Spencer
  • Running WildRunning Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane Joined: Posts: 3,169
    edited September 2014
    Savate seems like a really random fighting style to assign to a character like that.

Wouldn't it make sense to have a more traditional/modest fighter to represent Savate? Are they going to mo-cap someone that practices Savate wearing high heels for this chick?
    To paraphrase one stupid quote: "She doesn't even look like a fighter."

Think what you want, but I stand by my opinion. I think her design is just really WTF. Especially with her apparently using Savate. But hey, now Tekken has 2 AAA games in it now, first Assassins Creed, and now Grand Theft Auto... or is it Saints Row? I don't even know anymore. Just get this damn game on PC, all I want is a 3D fighting game on PC since Sega ain't bringing a real Virtua Fighter to Steam anytime soon.
    I bet you that person mains Sakura...

Nope, Makoto.
    I wonder what part she's gonna play in this story too.

If she ain't a Mishima, probably none at all. I'm sure her ending will be hilarious though like most Tekken characters usually are. I hate Lars with a passion, but his TTT2 ending is just too good.
    YouTube Channel - All sorts of random vidya's of fighting games and shit.
    Stream - Watch me bad in various classic fighting games.
    RB2: Xiangfei, Cheng, Mary
    KOF98UM: Mature/Geese/EX-King
    LB2: Yuki, Washizuka, Hibiki
    I tried to get into Tekken and got myself Tekken Tag 2 and I gotta say I hate this game.
    I really liked Tekken 3 and Tag 1 but holy shit they went overboard with the number of characters, the number of moves and combos and thus the whole shit you have to learn.

With solid fighting game fundamentals I feel I can win games vs noobs in any Street Fighter title without knowing much about their character, but in Tekken I feel like I'm playing rock paper scisssors all the time.

I feel the game itself isn't fun anymore but what I have to say about TTT2 is that the richness of features the game has is incredible and a lot of fighting game devs can learn a lot from it.

I'm gonna buy Tekken 7 for the single player experience alone I guess. Can't bear learning that game.

Dude why do you suck at every game srs ?
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,345

Dude why do you suck at every game srs ?

I whooop your ass at Dota and Basketball.

Aside from that what has my sucking to do with the legitimacy of my criticism of Tekken's movement systems?
    When the mere task of quickly walking backwards requires months of training something is wrong.

Being able to move is kind of a fundamental in order to be able to play a fighting game.
    How about making dashing and backsways actually useful instead of a burden and giving characters decent walkspeeds?

If the difficulty comes from the games movelists and counteracting them as well as mindgames, footsies and execution of moves and combos I'm ok with that, but right now the hardest tasks for Tekken players are actually moving around and learning which moves of the one hundred they have do not suck.

Having a huge movelist is kinda pointless if you only use 5 of them and the rest are combo fillers or flat out horrible.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
    Uh well KBD isnt necessary in Tekken revolution (which may I remind you of you comment on TR) and onwards because of the new backwalk system which is confirmed to be in T7 (ala interview with aris) WD an KBD aren't necessary however are used because they are an awesome option.

There are many instances of young tekken (old too) players competing at high level without the need for advanced movement because each character has such a wealth of options, while your over there bitching about options, stop being a sheep and worrying about your ability to replicate what you see top players do develop your own style that works for you.
  • OhioNitsudOhioNitsud Joined: Posts: 81
    They had me at "best suited for beginners" for Catalina. I'll probably main her. Who doesn't love a hot latina? lol
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,066
    Whats with the g string and the low rise jeans what year is this 2002?

What the fuck Namco. Took an OK design and just made it tacky and trashy.

At least Christie is wearing a traditional Carnival inspired costume whats this chicks excuse.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero "Just making functions give in to unwanted pleasure..." Joined: Posts: 2,940
    Can't wait to see what is in store for us in October.
    As for Catalina, she seems to be a decent design but doesn't necessarily stand out that much.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Geese / Mai [Luong, MuiMui, Geese, Leona, Shun, Beni, King, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Mai [Nyotengu, Kasumi]
    Tekken 7: Heihachi [Xiaoyu, M. Raven, Eliza, Jin, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ??????????????????
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

I don't see how the design is trashy or tacky like hey guys just like you'd rather fight with your shirt off or in a wife beater or something she's fighting in her bra. She's got a thong on, different girls are comfortable wearing different kind of panties. Open finger gloves are a nice touch are a little ridiculous but the outfit is swag as hell and savate fighters typically wear pants while fighting. Savate it self is derived from street fighting and is based around kicking someone with a boots hard toe or heel so the heels arent even that ridiculous for her to be wearing.
    T7 Anna gonna have ass implants, a G String, and her 13f mid is gonna be a 22 hit twerk combo that is a NC and does 240 damage
  • RazerwyreRazerwyre Joined: Posts: 36
    It's good to see some new characters in development, but I have to agree with @d3v , she looks like a light-skinned Christie.

They aren't exactly pushing the envelope so far. The middle-eastern character looks far more interesting.

I would like to see Krav Maga and Wing Chun implemented with a few new characters.

(Wing Chun would probably require a few hoops to be jumped through, owing to cultural differences.)
  • EvolderekEvolderek Joined: Posts: 111
    Razerwyre wrote: »

(Wing Chun would probably require a few hoops to be jumped through, owing to cultural differences.)

I believe Harada already came out and said Wing Chun is not ever going to Happen. IP Man's last request was that Wing Chun is never taught to the Japanese. Harada said he will respect his wishes.

• RazerwyreRazerwyre Joined: Posts: 36
    Evolderek wrote: »
    Razerwyre wrote: »

I believe Harada already came out and said Wing Chun is not ever going to Happen. IP Man's last request was that Wing Chun is never taught to the Japanese. Harada said he will respect his wishes.

Oh, that's news to me.

Thanks for the info.
  • Conrad09Conrad09 Joined: Posts: 37
    Reminder that T7 location tests start in 2 days.
  • Krizalid99v2Krizalid99v2 Joined: Posts: 5
    This will most likely end up selling me the PS4.

Will be interesting to see who the boss/bosses are... hopefully it'll be someone human with personality and charisma, rather than some monster/beast/creature thing.

Kazuya in his purple suit in Tekken 2 is still the best boss of all time in Tekken for me... him plus his AST theme (Emotionless Passion, used on the PS1 version) was just complete win. :)
  • GraphicGraphic Waifu Fighter V Joined: Posts: 648
    I never liked the monster-themed bosses from Tekken, they were like Soul Calibur crossover characters.
  • Conrad09Conrad09 Joined: Posts: 37
    looks like everything is ready to go

6jpveq.jpg
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero "Just making functions give in to unwanted pleasure..." Joined: Posts: 2,940
    Some early footage (cell phone quality)...

Link to game system related subjects:
    http://loc.tekken-net.jp/images/common/waza.pdf
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Geese / Mai [Luong, MuiMui, Geese, Leona, Shun, Beni, King, Terry]

• Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 2014
    Some early footage (cell phone quality)...

Link to game system related subjects:
    http://loc.tekken-net.jp/images/common/waza.pdf

Did they take out bound?
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge The Age of Murder and Storm Joined: Posts: 16,236
    Damn. That really is beta footage. Bryan got his Tag 2 artwork. Game looks nice though. I'm assuming B! is removed. That Kazuya player knew what he was doing.
    -Electrics
    -WD
    -WD F+3 axe kick
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    Two systems. "Rage Arts" and "Power Crush Moves".

The concept of Rage Arts is for characters to gain access to particular moves while they are in a rage state.
    When the characters health is depleted to a certain point in their health bar, their damage output will increase. In addition to this is that characters will also have specific moves that will allow them do a lot of damage at once.

Power Crush moves...
    Function similarly to the invincible moves that an individual would have saw in Tekken Revolution. The thing is... the character is not invincible. The character simply has "Hyper Armor" onto their moves. They still take damage while utilizing the move with this property.

Source: Flying Wonkey

• yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,066
    This guy looks like Maxi.

Namco...