Tekken 7 Discussion

Comments

• Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,181
    He looks like Maxi if you really want him to look like Maxi.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,084
    feels like old tekken footsies
    It'll be interesting seeing how some characters that were so dependent on wall carry through bound and tag crash survive.

And characters like Christie who Namco secretly loathe will flourish with their combo ability without bound mechanic.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,113 mod
    It'll be interesting seeing how some characters that were so dependent on wall carry through bound and tag crash survive.

And characters like Christie who Namco secretly loathe will flourish with their combo ability without bound mechanic.
    From what I've been reading, some character still have bound though.
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 765
    edited October 2014
    So far bound in Tekken 7 is like it is in Tekken Revolution. Meaning it is removed for the most part, but with the exception of moves like Lili's df+3 which were designed with bound in mind from the beginning. This is all according to the guys at Avoiding the puddle.

If they are right and this continues, it will mean some characters keep one or two bound moves while other characters lose it completely.
    It's nice to meet you, too.
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 1,115
    I am wondering if auto-bound moves are still in? Guy using Bryan in that video never went for f+4,1.

I have no problems if they were completely removed, though. It's just that there were WAAAAAAY too many people crying over it's inclusion in T6/TTT2 when it wasn't even an issue.

Capo wall carry is no where near as good as Steve, Bruce, Lee, or Nina. Now that I think about it, Capos lose their good okizeme prowess without a bound mechanic.
    T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
  • Conrad09Conrad09 Joined: Posts: 37
    edited October 2014
    Boundless combos make a couple things come to mind:
    -Combo creativity is gone as there will be definitive max damage combos/staples and oki setups (this can be seen as a good thing because it requires less memorization of oki situations).
    -Damage will probably scale with combo difficulty again (good thing for me)
    -People will have to commit to max damage, oki, or wall carry when getting a launch.
    -Wall combos getting nerfed (good thing)

I personally really liked Bound and thought it got A LOT of undeserved hate, but we'll see how everything plays out. It sucks that Zafina, Ganryu, or any of the Ogres wheren't in the location test roster (they could possibly be added later, but I'm not holding my breath), so I really have nothing to look for outside of changes for other characters.

Even though the graphics are only at 50% or whatever I think it looks really good.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,113 mod
    Ogre's probably not in it anyway since aside from 3, he only comes back for the Tag games (and the weird mini/side games like the Devil Within).
    Capo was never about wall carry, Tekken 5 showed how powerful low/mid mixup okizeme in the corner was, and tekken 6 made poor decisisions against the wall reset combos.

I still dont like the idea of bound but we will see how this plays out.

Also the footage so far is shitty, Its looking like Tekken Revolution 2.0 and not Tekken 7, theres no new car smell right now.
    d3v wrote: »
    Ogre's probably not in it anyway since aside from 3, he only comes back for the Tag games (and the weird mini/side games like the Devil Within).
    True, but a man can hope.

Also check this shit out (watch from 1:35 onward):

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?...e=2&theater

Lars did his rage art in the middle of Lili's df3+4, 3+4. That was too sick.
    Double post, but while it seems like Bound animation has been removed for combos it seems like a different stun (think of Lars' CH ff1+2 animation) has replaced it.

I've seen a couple videos where stuff like Leo's ff3,4, KNK 2, some Lili string, and one of Lars' new strings causes that stun in combos that allows them to continue it.
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    Seems like bounds are still in but limited to moves that would have bounded if they were standing IE things like Bryan F+4.1. So bounds on whiff punishment but not in combos which is pretty smart.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Yup. Holiday functions got fucked too Joined: Posts: 3,302
    edited October 2014
    Here.
    Apparently, the game play footage got out DURING one of the ATP Pod Casts.

Here is one of the new characters:
    By-woNZCEAAEwWK.jpg
    Claudio himself looks like a interesting character to play... As if to say, he has some Lars/Lee-like quality. Stylish in a way.

EDIT:
    Again, check out the new mechanics:
    http://jcphotog.wordpress.com/2014/10/03/tekken-7-rage-crush-and-claudio/

EDIT 2:
    Asuka vs Paul Footage
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV
    Kyo / Luong / Geese [Mai, Shun, Benimaru, Leona, Terry, Mian, Mui Mui]

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7
    Eliza [Xiaoyu, Geese, Jin, Lars, Lee, M.Raven]

BBCF
    Hakumen [Azrael, Nine, Makoto]

SFV ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• BallTapperBallTapper Swag in their face Joined: Posts: 539
    bounds are kind of in? 1:50

T7: Bryan, Drag, Steve, Oscar
    KOF13: Ralf/Takuma/Hwa
    KOF14: Daimon/Joe/Iori
    Injustass 2: Swampass, Spookybird
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: Morridoom, Ironfist/Arthur/Spencer
    Super Setup Fighter IV: Hugo, Yun Sim
    MKX: Cyrax, A-List Johnny
    MvCI: Sigma/Jedah/Space, Black Panther/Hulk/Power
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Yup. Holiday functions got fucked too Joined: Posts: 3,302
    The looks like the same launch state produced in the same manner as getting hit by... Jin Kazama's CH EWHF.
    The opponent reels and falls on the ground in a way where they are still vulnerable to juggle. It looks like the implemented this into actual combos though, rather than the state being produced from the initial launch...
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

• CaliburCalibur Paying off debts one scrub at a time. Joined: Posts: 583
    So I went to a LOC test in Tokyo and played about 3 matches. I used Katarina. To me she plays like Baek.

Tekken 2 Baek. :(

Had no idea she is Savate. Makes sense. It sounded like she was speaking Portuguese not Spanish.

Something about this game just felt....unpolished. It's still tekken but without the bound system the animation looks awkward and less fluid. I hated bound in Tekken 6 but I feel meh about its removal. Everyone has ULTRAs now. Not sure what Tekken will actually call them.

My overall opinion is besides the minimal graphics upgrade and the stylized KO screens, this game isn't special. I'm prolly gonna just stick to TTT2
    "People don't recognize true greatness until some higher authority confirms it."

Calvin and Hobbes.

"Everyone has a plan until they get hit in the mouth" :blue:

As long as there is a system of competition that exists, there will always be a large group of people devoted to breaking it.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,386
    So...

Game looks to move the same.

Bounds have been nerfed.

Rage now gives a super.

Invincible moves from Revolution have morphed in a strange way.

The ULTRA slo-mo on KO looks funny.

Claudio is Miguel's FABULOUS cousin.

Still needs Jack-7.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,622
    edited October 2014
    they still got a move to knock down opponents and continue combos
    dont like the supers you couldve kept bound in and removed that bullshit
    wheres mah nina and what the fuck with backroll
    wheres the refloat if they make bad decisions what the fuck happened to my oki

and now you can roll back from low kicks from wake up which would be cool if they whiffed and you could refloat the back roll
    OH WAIT

oki is braindead now thats a huge part of tekken
    Calibur wrote: »
    Something about this game just felt....unpolished.
    Not trying to be THAT guy...but it's a location test.
    It's still tekken but without the bound system the animation looks awkward and less fluid.
    This is exactly what people said when bound was implemented.

I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 1,189
    If this game still has unblockables that take off massive damage, what the point of super moves?

Not a complaint because I obviously haven't seen enough gameplay to make a call but this could end up being Tekken 4 all over again.

@Calibur it feels unpolished outside of it being an early build?
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
    Katarina footage:

Notes:

- When a character falls through the ground, they will not enter a bound state like they would in T6/TTT2. What actually happens is that the opponent literally bounces up high enough for the aggressor to continue the combo and dish out some more damage.

- Look towards 0:20 in the video. Pay attention to Kazuya. I think Kazuya is using what is called the "Power Crush Move" mechanic to defeat Katarina even if she tries to "poke" her way out.

- Within the video, look at Kazuya's df12. At 0:59 Kazuya's df12 does not bound. It causes a hard knockdown on mid air opponents. It seems like the bounds are a bit more situation-based.

- Katarina is supposed to be relatively easy to utilize and it shows to a degree, despite the short amount time within the video. Around 0:30 Katarina uses a string that... probably has very little start up (assuming the notation is 333... because Katarina was supposed to have a lot of strings that only require "1 button inputs" that which can also help the player while conducting a juggle combo).
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

• AngerusAngerus To headbutt or not to headbutt? Joined: Posts: 829
    That rage art 'super' attack can't be used as a yolo clutch reversal since it isn't even invincible or so it seems, also it freezes the screen so the opponent can punish this for sure.
    With that said, I welcome this addition, I do wonder if you can use it in combos, though.
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 765
    It's more like ultra's really. There have been some that have hyper armor so far.
    It's nice to meet you, too.
    Da Stunna wrote: »
    It's still tekken but without the bound system the animation looks awkward and less fluid.

I wouldn't have brought up the "unpolishness" if I thought it was something I thought that would change in the final product. I expect better looking backgrounds more character and new damage scaling in the finished product. THAT'S IT.

I don't remember people saying bound making the animation weird. In fact I remember people saying it made the game look tight. The bound system just pissed a lot of people off, myself included.

I think a part of it is people were playing Tekken 7 like they played TTT2 T6 and that made the combos look clunky. When they adapt it might look better.

I ask you people.....sell me on this game. Why should I play this as opposed to TTT2 which I still enjoy the hell out of?
    "People don't recognize true greatness until some higher authority confirms it."

Calvin and Hobbes.

As long as there is a system of competition that exists, there will always be a large group of people devoted to breaking it.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,602
    Because it's new and nobody will play TTT2 anymore when this is out and you know I'm right.
    Add me for some Tekken 7 if you're from Europe.
    I'm not playing anything else these days:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/NaughtySenpai/
    Get a load of this:
    (Shout outs to Project Bokuho)!
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

• p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,622
    Like i dont even mind the new combo system still has some variation with the long CH splat move my problem is the oki
    you cut down the combos then diminish the importance of getting up the right way it just makes it seem really bare bones
    like i was thinking about the creative followups you could do after some combos/KD
    instead you limit creativity and assist bad decision making hopefully they fix that
  • RazerwyreRazerwyre Joined: Posts: 36
    edited October 2014
    Some early footage (cell phone quality)...

Link to game system related subjects:
    http://loc.tekken-net.jp/images/common/waza.pdf

Did they take out bound?
    d3v wrote: »
    I'm liking the lack of bound.

I wouldn't make the leap to say there is no bound at all.

From what I have seen so far, it seems to be a modified version of the Tekken Revolution system.

That is, some moves provide a false bound status (basically a launcher) for follow up damage, but there is no bound after a launcher.

Catalina's name is actually Katarina now, or something of the sort. Translation issues.

Rumors are that AK, Anna and Miguel might be out. Claudio has Miguel's/Anna's moves. King has a few of AK's moves.

All in all though, it seems pretty exciting. Especially with the addition of Rage and Power Crush moves that are similar to Supers and Focus Attacks from Street Fighter.

I can't wait to see more.

Da Stunna wrote: »

I wouldn't have brought up the "unpolishness" if I thought it was something I thought that would change in the final product. I expect better looking backgrounds more character and new damage scaling in the finished product. THAT'S IT.

I don't remember people saying bound making the animation weird. In fact I remember people saying it made the game look tight. The bound system just pissed a lot of people off, myself included.

I think a part of it is people were playing Tekken 7 like they played TTT2 T6 and that made the combos look clunky. When they adapt it might look better.

I ask you people.....sell me on this game. Why should I play this as opposed to TTT2 which I still enjoy the hell out of?
    You can never be certain on what changes, though. All I'm going say on that end.

The animation for bounds may not look as weird because it was introduced so long ago, but a lot of people did moan and complain about its aesthetics. Low parry into bound STILL looks awkward after all these years to me.

And nobody is really forcing you to play T7 if you don't want to. It's just that with this series in particular, people tend to move on to whichever the newest installment is out. It would be nice if T5DR would get some love again. It was the last really good fundamental Tekken before all the stupid shit came knocking at the door.

T7 seems to be trying to refresh the series whilst adding in new things to keep people from calling it recycled. But of course you can't please everyone all of the time. If the general consensus is that it sucks, then you can always fall back on TTT2 which seems varied enough from whatever we're getting 1-2 years from now.
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,711
    If the removal of a lot of bound moves reduces the overall length of most combos then I'm all for it. I'd like the game to play like Tekken 5 DR with a few new well thought out game mechanics to keep things interesting.
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,589

Btw. Tekken Revolution sucked too. I hope Tekken 7 is not like that.

You gotta be shitting me with this, Tekrev was Tag2 without the bullshit bound and obviously no tag, it was and still is awesome... after you grind enough for your characters ofcourse.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    "Its just a location test"

And its still not looking fantastic. This is nothing like the T4 T5 and T6 location tests.
    im glad to see KBD is still in the game
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    Happy to see Lili there, I played her with Ogre (who I guess won't appear...always been my favorite Tekken character) in SFxT.

null

My point is I just don't see anything new. No tags, no bound, fewer characters and minimal graphic improvement. I don't see this as revitalization at all. I don't blame them. They tried revitalization with Tekken 4 and that was a beautiful disaster.

They went from TTT1 arcade to T4 where they cut the roster in half. It didn't matter because they brought in 3 revolutionary new characters: a boxer who couldn't kick, a grappler with a special tackle system and Jin. T4 was a huge graphics upgrade and they added sloped stages, walls, roofs (remember those?) and objects. It could have been a good game but it was so broken some people wanted to play but just didn't. Remember the tekken tag tourney scene continued long after T4 did.

Anyway, I digress. TTT to T4 felt like a huge leap as far as innovation went. TTT2 to T7 not so much.

BTW, yeah bound does look ugly off the parry but remember that was an animation mod they added later because they didn't want people to parry and go into a bound combo. They forced that aesthetic in out of desperation which is why it looks awkward.

Calvin and Hobbes.

another instance of this strange bound system
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,458
    I will call the new bound AIA
    Ass In Air

It looks like some moves ground splat you not necessarily bound you
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
    Cool. I like the possibilities of that. Grounds your opponent for a follow up but not a massive juggle.

Calvin and Hobbes.

• MikeBreezy92MikeBreezy92 Too Good Joined: Posts: 348
    T7 is TR pretty much...

Tekken 7 is looking ALOT more solid than TTT2.

Power Crushes and Rage Arts seem to be like opposite counter parts.

Power Crushes to reset or continue your pressure at the cost of life. Particularly useful in the Rage situation when you're winning and have life to spare and your opponent is in rage. Susceptible to lows and I've heard throws as well so its not a complete pressure killer either.

Rage Arts as a clutch(and very hard to clutch might I add) comeback mechanic. Its slow as hell for some characters. You get rage at a very low amount of health in T7 and even then its pretty much useless to go for it if you're on chip status. To get the best use out of it, you'd have to be right at the point where rage starts. Raw Rage Arts need to do 50% raw because its so hard to land them raw. They're probably more useful in a combo. Giving it Armor instead of Invincibility was a smart move on Namco's part.

The game is looking solid and honestly I'd play Lok test version as is.
    "JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!"-Kamina