Tekken 7 Discussion

Comments

• NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,427
    edited June 19
    He's also pretty easy to play, Dragunov that is.
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,621
    Only thing i found difficult about Dragunov was his fff+2 input...and i absolutely hate it to the point i don't even want to try him.
    GGXrdR2: Jam, Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

• p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,602
    If someone is abusing fff+2 and d2 with dragonov sidewalk to the left you'll avoid both options
    Dragonov players like to buffer instant fff+2 from down 2
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 4,201
    edited June 19
    LiangHuBBB wrote: »
    made it to brawler rank today, I guess that's the SFV super gold rank of Tekken 7?
    Or is it more like SFV ultra silver rank?

Personally I think brawler is like silver
    You know your combos but you don't know how to punish consistently
    You're not well versed in movement/space/stage control

I mained drag since he was released
    He is strong at all levels
    You can prepare yourself for fff2 and mostly react to d2 but he also has a SHIT ton of other ridiculous stuff
    Easy to play low risk high reward and can run you over really easy if you don't know what he can do

Uf4 being a low crush homing SAFE move that leads into 50dmg or full combo near the wall on top of his other tools is like feeding you chocolate cake from my asshole and you can't do anything but just hold it
  • ElectroManiacElectroManiac Joined: Posts: 423
    edited June 19
    Yeah drag has so much combo potential. He can also combo from qcf1 and f1+2. I get a lot of people with f3 df1 which give you qcf1. They fault from it a lot.

His Uf4 is also really good and his Uf3 is good on the wall as well. Uf3 them B2 WS1+2 to a small combo there.

Also b2,1,3 give low sweep that people sometime don't expect to.
    Steam: Electro
    Tekken 7 Mains: Dragunov and Devil Jim Second: Josie
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,824
    Turns out we got a small Tekken community that organizes 50 man tournaments regularly in Germany and lots of people in my vicinity as well.
    It's sealed. I'm a Tekken player now, fuck other games.

looking forward to see your ebin madskillz
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,716 mod
    Welp if it's here, can we get some new stickies? The last sticked threads in this category are for Tekken 6...
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri, Menat
    YouTube
    Twitch
    Attending a local tourney this Friday. Here's to not going 0-2!
    Yeah drag has so much combo potential. He can also combo from qcf1 and f1+2. I get a lot of people with f3 df1 which give you qcf1. They fault from it a lot.

His Uf4 is also really good and his Uf3 is good on the wall as well. Uf3 them B2 WS1+2 to a small combo there.

Tbh that sweep is terrible since it's telegraphed and launch punishable.

In addition to the commonly cited rushdown aspects of Drag, he's also got a strong punish game and good keepout-tools. He excels in a lot of areas and really only has minor weaknesses. The only things that are difficult about him are iWR2, and (supposedly) combos ending with tailspin > rage drive > b+1+2.
  • JaguarSleepoverJaguarSleepover Joined: Posts: 33
    Getting demoted to Grand Master hurts (tell that to a Chess player).

Fortunately got back to Brawler after about twenty matches.
    Difference between light blue and green ranked players is huge.
    Gonna focus on player matches until I can do more than combos and safe pokes.

stay in ranked with better players dumbo
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,575
    Turns out we got a small Tekken community that organizes 50 man tournaments regularly in Germany and lots of people in my vicinity as well.
    in which city does that happen?
    Froztey wrote: »

stay in ranked with better players dumbo

you can find them in playermatches too...and there its not a max 2 matches thing, which in itself can be very frustrating
    after a 1-1 without the chance for neither one to make a conclusion :P
  • JaguarSleepoverJaguarSleepover Joined: Posts: 33
    Exactly. Player matches have that unlimited rematch button. You can really learn matchups this way.
    the hell they do?

count me the fuck in
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,785
    Froztey wrote: »
    the hell they do?

count me the fuck in

yeah news to me, gonna start hitting that up next time I play tekken then.
  • PhinxPhinx Joined: Posts: 127
    edited June 20
    Yeah Dragunov is the shit, and I wont be surprise if people pick him because of how JDCR plays him.

Dragunov was inspired by Goh from Virtua Fighter. Probably one of the few characters in VF who actually looked cool. And made me want to play a true grappler which I thought I hated.
    https://www.google.com.au/search?q=goh+hinogami&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiOjM29iszUAhXIGpQKHaWLBNsQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=974#imgrc=nnwyeppWAM83nM:

Goh has far more interesting throw moves, but Dragunov has balls to the walls offense that Goh could only dream of :(.

In regards to characters played, no one wants to fight Hwoarang :(. I get like 20+ match was not connected before I get one match and pretty much ends with no rematch lol.... To the point I might drop my main. I can't imagine what it's like for Eddy or Chloe players.

This is on PC so disconnects aren't really an issue. On the bright side I decided to try out Steve a few days ago and think I might make him my main.
    Also someone posted this on reddit. Heart breaking, I'm so use to going all out on offense in Oki situations. I know I should have attacked instead but... Maybe it's cheap SFV tactics where I try finish with a throw :(. It's an automated finisher for me. I've lost count of how many times I've died to rage arts lol.....

https://gfycat.com/InsignificantWellinformedHarlequinbug
    Literally any other option than throw would have killed her in that situation. =V

RAs are pretty easy to deal with though. You definitely need to respect them, so you can't go all-out on offense once they have rage, but getting an RA blocked means that you lose the round instantly, and depending on health thresholds you can still attack them if your pokes would kill. It's kinda like SFIV ultras, except RAs are a lot worse in every way.
    I feel the biggest use of RAs is to call out strings or committal stances, in addition to their obvious utility as combo enders.
  • PhinxPhinx Joined: Posts: 127
    edited June 20
    Naeras wrote: »
    Literally any other option than throw would have killed her in that situation. =V

RAs are pretty easy to deal with though. You definitely need to respect them, so you can't go all-out on offense once they have rage, but getting an RA blocked means that you lose the round instantly, and depending on health thresholds you can still attack them if your pokes would kill. It's kinda like SFIV ultras, except RAs are a lot worse in every way.
    I feel the biggest use of RAs is to call out strings or committal stances, in addition to their obvious utility as combo enders.

Exactly, that's what hurts. Any quick attack would've of got him. It's the worst habit I've got. I'm not even sure why I went for the throw lol. In SF4 and V It was like a trademark. Empty jump, tick throw, dash, kara etc. I don't care, I'm gonna get you with a throw unless you tech and force me not to.

I agree though, RA's aren't that bad. And you get full launch punishes on block. Just need to remind myself when their hp is on the threshold that I'm not Hwoarang ><.

edited June 20
    Tekken 7 - All Character Item Moves
    Naeras wrote: »
    Attending a local tourney this Friday. Here's to not going 0-2!

Tbh that sweep is terrible since it's telegraphed and launch punishable.

In addition to the commonly cited rushdown aspects of Drag, he's also got a strong punish game and good keepout-tools. He excels in a lot of areas and really only has minor weaknesses. The only things that are difficult about him are iWR2, and (supposedly) combos ending with tailspin > rage drive > b+1+2.

Yeah I know is punishable and risky if you play again a decent player, but as like 80% of matches are again scrubs they never expect it. Though I'm having problems ranking up because I'm getting to much desyncing and communication error during matches, so I guess when I get to higher ranks that wont work anymore.

iWR2 is fff2? Sorry I'm still getting used to tekken notations. Aris has a good tutorial video on how to practice this.

Phinx wrote: »
    Yeah Dragunov is the shit, and I wont be surprise if people pick him because of how JDCR plays him.

Dragunov was inspired by Goh from Virtua Fighter. Probably one of the few characters in VF who actually looked cool. And made me want to play a true grappler which I thought I hated.
    https://www.google.com.au/search?q=goh+hinogami&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiOjM29iszUAhXIGpQKHaWLBNsQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=974#imgrc=nnwyeppWAM83nM:

Goh has far more interesting throw moves, but Dragunov has balls to the walls offense that Goh could only dream of :(.

In regards to characters played, no one wants to fight Hwoarang :(. I get like 20+ match was not connected before I get one match and pretty much ends with no rematch lol.... To the point I might drop my main. I can't imagine what it's like for Eddy or Chloe players.

This is on PC so disconnects aren't really an issue. On the bright side I decided to try out Steve a few days ago and think I might make him my main.
    Also someone posted this on reddit. Heart breaking, I'm so use to going all out on offense in Oki situations. I know I should have attacked instead but... Maybe it's cheap SFV tactics where I try finish with a throw :(. It's an automated finisher for me. I've lost count of how many times I've died to rage arts lol.....

https://gfycat.com/InsignificantWellinformedHarlequinbug

I also have the same problem with Drag. It is why we need the next patch that will not allow your opponent to know what char are you playing before the match start.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,573
    appomo wrote: »
    in which city does that happen?

HessenCrash is the next upcoming tournament and happens in Frankfurt am Main this weekend.
    Aside from that you can find training partners for offline and online sessions on Tekken-Germany.com
    Seems like SephiBlack, one of the better German Tekken players organizes offline meetings from time to time in Cologne.

CFN: NaughtySenpai
    Maxman wrote: »

Thank you, but I'll never get good.
    Way too late in my life to do so, but I'll give it my best to be the best I can be.
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,847
    Just learned that Paul can cancel his Rage Art to make it a launcher if you hold back. Can anyone else do something similar with their Rage Arts?
    What is like $2500 a month?
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,824
    Maxman wrote: »

Thank you, but I'll never get good.
    Way too late in my life to do so, but I'll give it my best to be the best I can be.

>implying I was being serious

Lel, nah I kid

Art Vandelay the guy whos secretly british, lel
    Just learned that Paul can cancel his Rage Art to make it a launcher if you hold back. Can anyone else do something similar with their Rage Arts?

Nah. Several characters can do stuff like that with their rage drives though.
    blue squares to green is like bronze to ultra silver
    Orange to red is like super gold to ultra diamond

I'm getting fucked on every promotion at vanguard
    And I think I still have 2 more to go til red ranks
    Now that we move to a Tekken forum. Should we proceed to making character threads?
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,335
    Now that we move to a Tekken forum. Should we proceed to making character threads?

Don't think there's enough people here posting to warrant making character threads, unfortunately.
    We seem to be helping each other out okay, so far.

...Only thing I really want is Eliza tech, cause I'm seriously considering wanting to use her, but I ain't going in without knowing her core frame moves for punishing shit (10 through 13, specifically).
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,847
    edited June 20
    Well if you're looking for frames you can try out this site

http://rbnorway.org/

It seems Eliza isn't completely finished (Still has some estimates), but most of her list seems to be done.
    What is like $2500 a month?

Don't think there's enough people here posting to warrant making character threads, unfortunately.
    We seem to be helping each other out okay, so far.

...Only thing I really want is Eliza tech, cause I'm seriously considering wanting to use her, but I ain't going in without knowing her core frame moves for punishing shit (10 through 13, specifically).

People at lower ranks need to throw
    They just push buttons
    It's hard to differentiate 1 arm and 2 arm throw breaks at low level
    Abuse that shit
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,335
    itzpookiie wrote: »
    They just push buttons
    Abuse that shit

You mean COMMAND throw. Because regular left and right throws can be broken with either button, so mashers can still get lucky from breaking your shit.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
    edited June 21
    They just push buttons
    Abuse that shit

You mean COMMAND throw. Because regular left and right throws can be broken with either button, so mashers can still get lucky from breaking your shit.

When I say 1 arm I mean 1 arm reaching out
    2 arm meaning both arms reaching out

1 or 2 and 1+2
    Sorry I used noob terminology cause Im use to simplifying it for my friends that just started tekken
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 5,036 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 21
    i got beat down in mirror matches by a lower rank hwoarang. He didn't know much combos and was using completely different attacks and strings than me. It was pretty interesting.

They really need a quick rematch function.

Post edited by evilj on
    Green Karin.
    They just push buttons
    Abuse that shit

Eh, regular throws almost never work since they get broken by random button presses now, and most people have learned to react. Start with 1+2-throws and have your opponent prove he/she can break those first, those have a far, far higher connection rate for me.
    edited June 21
    That's hella retarded about Paul.
    He's supposed to be a judo guy, but his only command throw is fucking ultimate tackle.

Or am I reading this wrong? I mean he has 1+2 grabs but I thought I heard somewhere that command throws beat crouching characters and they sure don't do that.
    Ah, fuck it I'll go to training mode.

Edit: Ok clarified that for myself. All throws that are not 1+3/2+4 or forward+ 1+3/2+4 qualify as a command grab in Tekken and have to be broken with the right input. Standard grabs become command throws if performed from the side of a character though, in Paul's case both standard throws could be broken from the side with 2.
    So now it makes sense why I have a much higher success chance landing 1+2 throws than normal throws.

So now I guess the reason why ultimate tackle is relatively easy to break compared to normal throws is because it hits crouchers and has more range. Though the animation alone makes it easier to react to than a normal throw.
    Whatever I'll keep breaking necks and arms until people prove they can break that.
    Post edited by ArtVandelay on
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,396
    Why does Lee's 3~3,4 sometimes throw the opponent backwards? I've tried it from max range and pointblank.
    Savage King

CF623A5ADB16E3DC895730303E594E40DB55EDE4