Tekken 7 Discussion

Comments

• OhioNitsudOhioNitsud Joined: Posts: 80
    Geese is gonna be top tier in Tekken Bowl. He'll Reppuken the shit outta those pins.
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,312
    I would love for Heihachi, Akuma, and Geese to share a drink. That would be one interesting conversation.
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero You will become a slave to your pleasu- erm... Functions. Joined: Posts: 2,850
    I notice that people from the Tekkenzaibatsu forums and the Freestepdodge forums seem to act weird when a 2D fighting game character makes it into a 3D fighting game series as a guest character.

... All the more reason to play Geese.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Geese / Mai [Luong, Geese, Leona, Shun, Beni, King, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Mai [Nyotengu, Kasumi]
    Tekken 7: Heihachi [Xiaoyu, M. Raven, Jin, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• JulianKPrimeJulianKPrime Joined: Posts: 111
    edited July 17
    Damn, as a long time Fatal Fury fan (since FF2, playing on the top floor of a dingy mall) and Tekken fan, I never thought I'd see this. Geese was one of the two on my wishlist:

Namco is really bringing the sense of wonder into fighting games again, where we all were in awe of FGs 'imagination' and 'feel'.
  • XvideosXvideos Xvideos Joined: Posts: 3,153
    I wonder if Nightmare without Soul Edge would make it into Tekken 7 as a dlc boss character. It would be pretty hard to translate his moveset over.
  • KlivesKlives Joined: Posts: 83
    edited July 17
    Geese VA is fantastic IMO, does a great job.
    Reppuken and Raging storm look a bit rough around the edges though.

• tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hahaha, first Akuma, and now Geese coming for Heihachi's blood.
    What other big bad boss dude wants a piece of that old man? Shao Kahn?

NO. FUCKING. WAY.
    JUST. NO.

terrible character
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I notice that people from the Tekkenzaibatsu forums and the Freestepdodge forums seem to act weird when a 2D fighting game character makes it into a 3D fighting game series as a guest character.

said 2D character can either be too OP or just plain suck if not handled well. BandaiNamco hit a good balance with akuma, maybe they'll be 2 for 2 with geese.
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,094
    tataa8P wrote: »
    Hahaha, first Akuma, and now Geese coming for Heihachi's blood.
    What other big bad boss dude wants a piece of that old man? Shao Kahn?

NO. FUCKING. WAY.
    JUST. NO.

terrible character

No! Here me out!
    They got a thing going on!
    Big buff obscenely powerful characters who where bosses at their introduction.
    With exception of Akuma, having that crazy Kahn in there would equate to THREE super-evil dads slaughtering each other (4 if you decide to throw Kazuya in the mix anyways).
    Tekken's already gone off the deep end, let's see how far down this rabbit hole goes.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • Virtua_LeonVirtua_Leon Gal me seeeerious Joined: Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

I think it's understandable, i kind of agree with them in some respects, you're kinda eroding the traditions of the series gradually in favor of gimmicky guest characters, no lei no julia as of yet, many others to

I think if the shoe was on the other foot and say kof 15 without iori kyo beni kula k daimon terry ryo but instead you have roger orgre jin nina kazuya, i don't think you'd exactly be over the moon about it

But in other respects i dont agree with them, tradition is important but you cannot keep churning out the same game year after year and expect people to be hype about it, i mean lets face it i like tekken but the game had become really stale, i mean how many tailspins / bounds launchers/ stuns that start combos can you fit in before people just lose interest, i guess adding these types of characters is the only way to strike a balance between keeping old shit but adding new shit.
    Last time they tried anything interesting was 4 and that got panned, the fgc is it's own worse enemy sometimes damned if you do damned if you dont.

AAAAAAAAS WE ENTER!
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,088
    geese like wow
    capcom vs snk feeling
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I thought Rev Major was better than Evo for tekken 7.
    Green Karin.
  • LarthyLarthy Police brutality~ Joined: Posts: 561
    He sure looks damn great. As does the stage.

Just bummed out about the long wait.
    Steam/CFN ID: Cathrao | SFV: Akuma/Menat? | T7: Feng/Lili
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,063
    edited July 17

I think it's understandable, i kind of agree with them in some respects, you're kinda eroding the traditions of the series gradually in favor of gimmicky guest characters, no lei no julia as of yet, many others to

I think if the shoe was on the other foot and say kof 15 without iori kyo beni kula k daimon terry ryo but instead you have roger orgre jin nina kazuya, i don't think you'd exactly be over the moon about it

Nah, the Ioris, Kyos and Mais are in Tekken 7 already. Lei's maybe the one that's actually important that should be in, yet people never use him afterwards haha.
  • MCPMCP Joined: Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 17
    Cronopio wrote: »
    Lei's maybe the one that's actually important that should be in, yet people never use him afterwards haha.
    There are regular tournament Lei players since Tag1. There are always top level Julia/Chang players, even when she sucks in the tier lists. It might be they're not very popular and so they've been left off (by data collected in Tag2?)

I'm pretty certain Lei's playstyle is lost with the current cast.
    Changs' weapons don't seem to exist in this game (e.g. elbow/shotgun offense, strong CH game, hit confirm KND low). So they'd be a "new" playstyle to Tekken 7.
    Both of them could be added in, if they want to. We just won't know.

Although we've seen how bad the bears are... If they do release them, get it right.

And then I'm so confused as to why the arcade version doesn't have all the characters. Arcade is just some PCs. They're connected to the internet.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,094
    edited July 17
    Why is it the bears are always bad in every single Tekken game? (well, the ones when they weren't copping off of the Jack's moveset)
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,255
    What's the verdict on the console characters overall, by the way? Stuff I've heard thus far is that Eliza was broken in several ways, while Eddy and Miguel were kinda eh but still playable, the rest I haven't heard anything about.
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,532
    edited July 17
    Eliza is unsafe on so much shit
    Once people learn to punish her she's gonna fall over
    Glad geese is coming
    I hope they put more guests in the game tekken lore is already fuckin ridiculous so might as well make it even more so
    Good job to the top 8 at evo
    edited July 17
    Eddy is great! People I talk to who have mained Eddy for over a decade all like him. They nerfed his 50/50, which was the main gripe a lot of struggling players had. Still has good and bad matchups, e.g. Hei can float eddy with cd~ws+4 for a mini juggle while Kazumi doesn't do much damage to punish RLX

Miguel is good, but his arms are shorter and his main punisher under 14 frames, "2,1", got its damage nerfed from 40 to 27.
    Still manly as hell. Good combo damage.
    I still think his d/f+1 should be +/-0 on block, but alas it's not.
    SAV doesn't have an answer for dick jab when you transition to it from jabs or d/f+1 on block, so you have to guess low parry sometimes. (to the best of my knowledge, would love that to be not true)

I'm still not clear on whether d/b+1 is a see able low or not. When my top level friends in norcal got hit by it, but sort of shook their heads in shame, as if they should see it, but perhaps input lag or something is fucking with their minds.

He has a new move d/b+2 that tracks his weak side "SSL" and is a safe, KND mid. It comes out of SAV too. Also really good in juggles. No free hits, but will wall splat and allows a 50/50.

I was hoping Fab would make it on stream with Miguel, but I'm sure he'll show up.

His rage art is really good damage. Rage drive is only useful if it will KO them or extend the d/b+1 combo to the wall. I'm jealous of Drag and Asuka's rage drive the way you get a free hit. Rage drive in the open is useless. I almost always save it for the rage art, which is manly as fok.

His power crush b+4 is -14 and no pushback! -14!!! WTF? Don't ever use it again Lee or Bryan (14f launchers). They really need to buff it to -12 with pushback on block. But his SAV power crush b+3 (high) is good for mashers, although it may be less useful than his counter hit options. Unfortunately, his SAV 1+2 power crush juggle starter sucks on block, so very high risk, very high reward.

I'm personally still trying to work out his OKI. Like always, against top players, I suck now so I'll get rolled. But if I do get them, I've been able to take rounds. So I think he's pretty decent at taking a round when the chance comes. That's critical to success. Also it doesn't have to be risky, but it can be if they force you into it.

His hopkick is still tits. However, d/f+2,1 has longer range which I really appreciate for whiff punishing since it also does more damage.

Also,

WOOHOO!
    Dunno, I felt Miguel's damage was unimpressive overall. One of our best players main Miguel, and agrees with me on that, so he's trying to pick up Leo as a sub "because she actually does damage". He has frame advantage for days, so that's something. I dunno.
    As for his 2,1-punisher getting nerfed; to my knowledge most things got nerfed compared to TTT2, if we look at raw numbers.
    Someone(tm) told me Eddy was considered C-tier. Not that that's a huge problem since even "bad" characters in this game can do really well at any level, but apparently some people think he's not great, so I was wondering.
    Which leaves Bears and Lee, both of which I was actually under the impression that they were solid, at least.

Oh, and I think it's a bit funny that you say Chang's weapons "don't exist in this game" and the things you list up literally make me think of Leo, heh.
    edited July 17
    Naeras wrote: »
    Oh, and I think it's a bit funny that you say Chang's weapons "don't exist in this game" and the things you list up literally make me think of Leo, heh.
    You're probably right. Maybe they think Leo is a modified Changs and so Changs are dropped off the priority list. I definitely forgot about how similar Leo is.

*shrug* I heard Bears suck, but maybe some tight shit hasn't been discovered yet.

Miguel can expect to get 70 damage on a juggle starter, but maybe it's the low wall damage that's bothering your best Miguel player.
    From here, his listed wall damage for a consistent hit is only 29 (u/f+3,2,2), which puts him in the bottom for wall splat damage:
    http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=132464

I also remember FAB did use Miguel on evo stream. He was missing out on details for max damage, but his timing was very good and that won him the match.
    edited July 18
    I have no idea if Leo's actually similar since I've never played Changs, it's just that those specific tools remind me of her. For some reason people actually cite Leo's CH game as "below average" too, even though she's got several very strong CH-tools (b1, KNK2, CD1, d1, magic 4 and a couple other ones). Not sure how to take that, maybe it's just me not quite understanding how this work. It does force people into respecting her buttons though, which gives her a lot of freedom to bully her opponents with her other tools.

As for Miguel, it's less his juggle damage (which is quite good on average, as you point out) and more the fact that he doesn't seem to land full juggles that often, combined with his poke game not being very damaging on the whole from my experience. He seems to mainly be about whittling people down and keeping a slow but steady momentum with his huge frame advantage on his pokes, and not about explosive damage. Leo actually does less midscreen damage on from juggles, but she has a much easier time landing that initial launcher, and her other tools overall seem more damaging as well. Plus, she doesn't have to get up close to land her hits since her space control is so good, and she's likely to take half your health or more if she gets you to the wall.

Of course, these comparisons might be unfair since I don't actually know Miguel very well and my assessments may be completely off here, and Leo's a goddamn monster in T7 so almost anyone's going to compare to her unfavorably.
    Honestly I think Leo is better than the changs in just about every way...and this is coming from a Julia main in T6BR
    Green Karin.
    So i decided to learn hwoarang again
    i used him a bit in tag 2 but its hard finding synergy with the right character and i re-watched the speed kicks tutorial
    since some of the stuff still applies.
    though i think that they made db+4 -12 which sucks WTF his low pokes are kinda on the slow side but man he shits out damage and his frame traps are really good and he has some cool movement options with stance changes and wavedashing. i like that his flamingo stance jabs are +5 and back lash is really good
    i love ff4 as well
    alas he takes alot of time all i know is JFSR for doing any worthwhile combo
    just wanna try someone new is all
  • FrozteyFroztey That British Dude Joined: Posts: 8,214
    I've been using Eliza learning Eddy, Eliza is fairly easy to remember everything for but I wanna try and learn Eddy. Just so many things to consider.
    edited July 18
    Bandai just put up Geese Howard DLC behind the scenes video
    Close call guys, Harada almost gave you Raiden instead of Geese, 4:15

Post edited by Xvideos on
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero You will become a slave to your pleasu- erm... Functions. Joined: Posts: 2,850
    I would love to see what kind of stuff Geese can do on CH

xvideos: Who is that in your avatar? Can you pm me....? ;)
    Green Karin.
  • CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 2,983
    evilj wrote: »
    Honestly I think Leo is better than the changs in just about every way...and this is coming from a Julia main in T6BR

Changs have always had an immense throw game, whereas Leo's throw game I'd say is just decent.
    xvideos: Who is that in your avatar? Can you pm me....? ;)

No idea, it was just some meme pic I came across online.

Changs have always had an immense throw game, whereas Leo's throw game I'd say is just decent.

This I agree with. Michelle's MadAxes turns me on.

• ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,006
    edited July 19
    Geese is sucha a badass design unlike Abigayl
  • ElectroManiacElectroManiac Joined: Posts: 377
    Been practicing Feng a lot lately and man he is really good. So many good options. I think I like him more than Drag and Josie, but need to test him more online to see how it go.

Steam: Electro
    Tekken 7 Main: Dragunov Second: Josie
  • DiasFoxDiasFox Joined: Posts: 425
    Harada as the next DLC character!
  • LarthyLarthy Police brutality~ Joined: Posts: 561
    edited July 19
    DiasFox wrote: »
    Harada as the next DLC character!

I'd buy that.
    Steam/CFN ID: Cathrao | SFV: Akuma/Menat? | T7: Feng/Lili
    man death matches are so much fucking fun when people actually want to do them
    i got demoted of off juggernaut with heihachi to 2 eddy losess that matchup is as hard as it looks but people are so wack lol it took alot when i finally ran into someone that almost got me down again (fuck eliza) for now but the adaptation and fundamentals kicked in and I was able to clinch it and get my juggernaut rank back after getting it from a lars
    I want to get into orange ranks bad but its taking me so long to find people to actually do it.
    same for devil jin
    I generally stick to player matches, so I'm still in green ranks. D:
    I feel like T7 is the only fighting game Im gonna play until SF EX4 or DBZ get released.
    Lol, not gonna go back to SFV or Injustice 2 anytime soon.
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,712
    LiangHuBBB wrote: »
    I feel like T7 is the only fighting game Im gonna play until SF EX4 or DBZ get released.
    no gg or bb?
  • ElectroManiacElectroManiac Joined: Posts: 377
    That frame data mod is really useful when learning new characters. Definitely gonna use it now on practice mode. This game really needs a feature like that on practice mod. Not much of a fan of checking my cellphone for frame data info or alttabing on the game.
    Steam: Electro
    Tekken 7 Main: Dragunov Second: Josie
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Can Geese be Chickened?
  • amrraedamrraed On That WW kick Joined: Posts: 4,092
    I have once wondered about why people hate Lili. Now I have my answer. She is a real scumbag, it was truly an enlightening experience.
    Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    Injustice 2 : Wonder Woman, Superman.
    Tekken 7 : Lars, Katarina, Master Raven.

PSN ID : moraelgamed
    CFN: Thxymora
    Yes, i play T7 and I2 and i still like SF5 more than both of them, sue me.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,199
    edited July 20
    Man, every time I get freed up by some dude online, and I go to practice mode after to check out what their characters have, I get mad angry.
    Got bodied by some Lee player, go to practice mode and find out that 70% of the moves he used are bollocks.
    Same dude that bodies me with Hwoarang every fucking time, but with Lee I can at least remember how the moves look like.

And here I am trying to not use bullshit moves with my Paul anymore like ff+2,2 knowing it's bs and leads to me eating a low parry every time, getting bodied by a dude that just does random strings that can net me 28 damage and several launchers every time I block them.

Learning this game is a tall fucking order.

Next match I'll try to apply the punishes and hopefully stick a fist up his ass permanently soon.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
    You have to get a bit more abstract against Hwoarang.

Either BDC out of range of flamingo mixups, or if you are forced to guess, it's really mid vs high/low. Just be ready with the punish.

If they always use specific moves, you'll just have to memorize if some of them can be SS.

Iron rule of Tekken: Abuse whatever lets you win. Don't let it surprise you when someone has shitty defense.

I told 725 I was bad against slow lows now since I'm out of practice. So he uses Steve's shitty d/b+2.
    What do I do? I get hit by it. Then I block it. It's only -12, so when I hopkick it's doesn't work. I've been able to block his low on reaction and punish it wrong.

I should be low parrying. Just gotta practice. Simple, easy steps to fix my issue.

Same with kBob, just gotta spend more time. Hwoarang has an unusual moveset that many kbobs rely on to defeat their opponents.
    appomo wrote: »
    LiangHuBBB wrote: »
    no gg or bb?

I own GG & BB, played a few games, good games for sure, but not my kind of games.