Tekken 7 Discussion

Comments

• ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,602
    edited October 2014
    I kinda see no difference in terms of graphics to TTT2 and Tekken Revolution.
    I thought this was next generation shit that's supposed to take your breath away with its astonishing graphics.

So far I'm not impressed at with what I see.
    Add me for some Tekken 7 if you're from Europe.
    I'm not playing anything else these days:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/NaughtySenpai/
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    T7 is TR pretty much...

Tekken 7 is looking ALOT more solid than TTT2.

Power Crushes and Rage Arts seem to be like opposite counter parts.

Power Crushes to reset or continue your pressure at the cost of life. Particularly useful in the Rage situation when you're winning and have life to spare and your opponent is in rage. Susceptible to lows and I've heard throws as well so its not a complete pressure killer either.

Rage Arts as a clutch(and very hard to clutch might I add) comeback mechanic. Its slow as hell for some characters. You get rage at a very low amount of health in T7 and even then its pretty much useless to go for it if you're on chip status. To get the best use out of it, you'd have to be right at the point where rage starts. Raw Rage Arts need to do 50% raw because its so hard to land them raw. They're probably more useful in a combo. Giving it Armor instead of Invincibility was a smart move on Namco's part.

The game is looking solid and honestly I'd play Lok test version as is.
    Also supers & armor lose to lows free & with how armor works if you were to get into rage at the most ammount of life then do a super to catch something if it does damage that would kill it would so moves like Bryan F,F+2 would be very good for finishing people off. Also it seems Rage adds no damage to attacks but just gives you super & a few other moves as we've seen with Kazuya being able to shift into Devil.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,711
    Or like DOA5's power blow moves. Speaking of Doa5u, I hope Tekken 7 has a similar free to play model as that game did.
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    Reposting my stuff from TYM

Okay low down time
    Rage does not activate till the last 10% of health & GIVES NO DAMAGE BOOST OR A VERY MINISCULE ONE! What you get from rage is access to your Rage Art which does 50% raw but scales harshly in combos, is armored, but like all armored moves loses to lows & if a move would KO you it still does so things like Mach breaker that do about 10% are gonna be good for putting people away. Rage also seems to give access to moves also, Kazuya can switch to Devil form which ends his rage. Not sure what this gives him other than his old Twin Pistons.

The oki game is going to be very different. It's very clear now when you're getting up in ways that can be punished & the punishment is less severe, you pretty much only get a strings worth of damage off of a oki hit now. The wakeup crosschop is very fast now, you can roll after a Toe kick which may be to strong of an option right now but we gotta wait & see. What this does is make getting up still not in your favor but reduce the chance of two touches & your dead, ground throws though are gonna be stronger than normal oki due to this, so if Marduk is gonna be in his oki is gonna be real strong.

Need to find a better explanation of the new bound, it's pretty weird to say the least. Moves that bound on ground hit still bound but most moves that bounded ariel opponents no longer bound.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,113 mod
    RoGE9 wrote: »
    Or like DOA5's power blow moves. Speaking of Doa5u, I hope Tekken 7 has a similar free to play model as that game did.
    The main difference between those two seems to be the amount of life. Power Blows in DOA5 required 50% life and acted more as a way to smash your opponent into the environment then actual super moves.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Yup. Holiday functions got fucked too Joined: Posts: 3,302
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV
    Kyo / Luong / Geese [Mai, Shun, Benimaru, Leona, Terry, Mian, Mui Mui]

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7
    Eliza [Xiaoyu, Geese, Jin, Lars, Lee, M.Raven]

BBCF
    Hakumen [Azrael, Nine, Makoto]

SFV ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• Silly GooseSilly Goose Joined: Posts: 368
    Calibur wrote: »
    I ask you people.....sell me on this game. Why should I play this as opposed to TTT2 which I still enjoy the hell out of?

I'm sold on better customization options coming back & the game being balanced around 1v1. I never realized how important playing dress up was to me until TTT2 made everything so generic.

On the other hand I agree with your later post. I was hoping they would take bigger risk like they did with T4. Half the roster & the move list because let's be honest. Ain't nobody got time to learn how to 40+ match-ups with their 50+ strings. Not to mention the good players only use 10% of a character's moves outside of combos anyway.
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,703
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • Yusuke_The_DetectiveYusuke_The_Detective Life's a fleeting dream, don't let it go. Joined: Posts: 2,136
    d3v wrote: »
    I kinda see no difference in terms of graphics to TTT2 and Tekken Revolution.
    I thought this was next generation shit that's supposed to take your breath away with its astonishing graphics.

So far I'm not impressed at with what I see.
    What part of "location test" and "only 50% of the graphics" can you not understand.

Welcome to the FGC. Knee jerk reactions everywhere.
    You gotta make the most of it you know.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I would rather these two mechanics be tied to a super meter and damage nerfed. Overall I don't mind it though. More reason for me to use Dragunov's ff+2~1+2.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Yup. Holiday functions got fucked too Joined: Posts: 3,302
    TheMainMan (a noteworthy Mishima player) gives his insight on Tekken 7...
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

• yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,084
    Sorry Tekken 7...not feeling it this go round
    For "gameplay impressions" he sure does complain alot about aesthetic things.
    For "gameplay impressions" he sure does complain alot about aesthetic things.

TMM confuses me. He has a tendency of going from being relatively cool headed to being exceedingly salty over petty subjects. Beside his tutorials, he actually does rant a lot on the aesthetics and/or lore of Tekken. According to a few other of his resources, I don't think he likes female or animal characters that much, either.

... In any case. We also have some impressions on another new character:

KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

• OrochiDemonOrochiDemon Joined: Posts: 1,541
    Theres something wrong about people who hate female characters. Especially when the girls are top tier and people say theyre broken and should be nerfed.
    What are the chances of Eliza from TR being added to the cast of T7?
  • GraphicGraphic Waifu Fighter V Joined: Posts: 675
    It's possible. The demo features a lot of the characters from TR, but they also are the main essential fighters we expect. Katarina looks like a replacement to the Tekken force chick from the TR character poll. I like to think all the clones and any dead / resurrected people from TTT2 will be gone.
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge One Bad Day Joined: Posts: 16,491
    Theres something wrong about people who hate female characters. Especially when the girls are top tier and people say theyre broken and should be nerfed.
    If you watch some of his videos, it becomes rather apparent why he hates those characters. He plays Mishimas(I as well) and when he plays Ranked, he gets extremely frustrated by characters with many stances/strings/easy to play aka noob friendly(Mishima bias here).

As for "hating" female characters, that's his own personal thing. No one is obligated to like any type of characters.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • Yusuke_The_DetectiveYusuke_The_Detective Life's a fleeting dream, don't let it go. Joined: Posts: 2,136
    edited October 2014
    Characters that might not come back imo

Wang, Raven, All the DLC TT2 characters, Lei, one of the capos, Jinpachi, Anna, Baek, Ganryu, Jun (possibly),Miguel and Combot
    You gotta make the most of it you know.
  • MajormelisThereMajormelisThere no labels Joined: Posts: 497
    power crush kinda sounds alot like focus attacks and the game looks super fun to play.
    Skullgirls: Parasoul, Cerebella
    JOJO HFTF: Polnareff, Iggy, jotaro
    Umvc3: poor spider-man, poor ryu, ok sentinel
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,084
    Why wouldnt the look of a brand new game that looks like the same old game be a valid complaint?

Same costumes, same poses, same intro poses, same win poses from Tekken 4?

Seriously...
    edited October 2014
    Found some long term Tekken 7 game play here... Hopefully this is beneficial for obtaining more insight.

Heihachi, Xiaoyu and Claudio pique my interests the most in terms of game play. Hopefully, Julia Chang will also be present. This is a game that I really do look forward to...

EDIT: Good news folks. We have MORE videos. More videos = More data/information to collect!
    That third video consists of Nobi's Dragunov!!
    Here is also another element to take note of (for those who are doubtful). https://mobile.twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/518582507130732544
    Post edited by Great_Dark_Hero on
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

• Conrad09Conrad09 Joined: Posts: 37
    tataki wrote: »
    Having a "1-size-fits-all solution" isn't necessarily a bad thing when you consider that Harada and co. are trying to make T7 accessible. Power Crushes give newer players a glimmer of hope in match-ups they are having trouble with while at the same time advanced players at least have something when playing against unfamiliar/obscure characters.

For example lets say a new player goes up against a Hwoarang player in TTT2. Hwo hits them with d3,4 and goes into FLA pressure. They then become easily overwhelmed because if they duck they get hit by the overhead and eat a combo and if they don't duck Hwo does 3+4 and continues with another d3,4 into the same situation or does some more low pokes/poke strings. Advanced/High level players will know where to SS/SW/Backdash or block while doing the best possible punish while new players may not (at the time). With PC's they can at least get out of the situation.

At least they have actual downsides to using them (the only real downside to TR invincibles where that they were REALLY bad on block). Rage Arts I can see people having a problem with because of the raw damage and the fact that they have none of the weaknesses that PCs have (besides being launch punishable), but then again all you really have to do is bait them and block.

edited October 2014
    Hopefully, Julia Chang will also be present.
    Here's the question, Julia Chang or Jaycee?
    Why wouldnt the look of a brand new game that looks like the same old game be a valid complaint?

Same costumes, same poses, same intro poses, same win poses from Tekken 4?

Seriously...
    The complaint was more about the fact tht the video said "gameplay impressions" and then he goes and spends 50% of the time talking about aesthetics.

Also, it's a location test and we already know that, aside from the fact that the graphics aren't final (lighting, self shadowing are turned off and textures aren't the final ones), alot fo stuff right now is placeholder.
    Hopefully, Julia Chang will also be present.
    Here's the question, Julia Chang or Jaycee?

I go either way.
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

• p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,622
    ugh the supers look eh
    like sc5 supers
    idk more gimmicks
    more over the top
    less attention to certain pillars of tekken cough, cough oki

we will see but i think they need to look at the drawing board a bit more too much like snk capcom shit im glad it dont have meter
  • LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 2,558
    edited October 2014
    tataki wrote: »

Dunno, Power Crush just seems like Tekken's universal form of Sabaki in Virtua Fighter, so it doesn't seems like much to me. Sabaki have been in Virtua Fighter since VF4 as I recall, so I think Power Crush would be okay. It depends on their tracking properties, frame disadvantage on block, damage output on success, and among many other factors in terms of designing what makes a Power Crush. In of itself as an offensive function that works as a defensive/deflective function, I think it's fine and nothing new to bring to the genre (maybe new to Tekken.)
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 1,189

I don't know what this guy's problem is. Claudia looks as generic if not more so than Katarina. He's suddenly mesmerized by his last name and a couple of shared moves from characters outside of Tekken. It still looks like they opted to have Maxi stroll into Tekken. Hell they did it with Heihachi and SC II I don't think it would have been that egregious if they just owned up and put in Maxi.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The Power Crushes beat high and mid attacks but specifically lose to lows and throws. That sounds like the reverse of hopkicks. Thinking of it that way, they don't seem so bad. Hopkicks lead to even more damage and they don't take damage from the moves they beat out.
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge One Bad Day Joined: Posts: 16,491
    Rhio2k wrote: »
    If you watch some of his videos, it becomes rather apparent why he hates those characters. He plays Mishimas(I as well) and when he plays Ranked, he gets extremely frustrated by characters with many stances/strings/easy to play aka noob friendly(Mishima bias here).

As for "hating" female characters, that's his own personal thing. No one is obligated to like any type of characters.

Not talking about this guy's bias, but there is definitely (people online need to learn how to spell that word) something wrong with dudes who think you're not supposed to play as female characters unless you have a vag. It's not as if they put them in there for the next-to-nonexistant FEMALE players.
    Oh, the masculinity issue nonsense. Yeah, it's silly. When I picked females in FGs it's because A)They're hot and B)They have a likeable fighting style.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • BallTapperBallTapper Swag in their face Joined: Posts: 539
    im gonna go ahead and guess that steves new air bound or whatever is gonna be df+1+2, which would be waaaaayyyy too good, but after seeing what the other characters new bounds are, its kind believable.... finally steve might get a 14f launcher
    471.gif
    T7: Bryan, Drag, Steve, Oscar
    KOF13: Ralf/Takuma/Hwa
    KOF14: Daimon/Joe/Iori
    Injustass 2: Swampass, Spookybird
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: Morridoom, Ironfist/Arthur/Spencer
    Super Setup Fighter IV: Hugo, Yun Sim
    MKX: Cyrax, A-List Johnny
    MvCI: Sigma/Jedah/Space, Black Panther/Hulk/Power
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,458
    Steve with a 14f launch in a lower damage game thats going to have more poke wars and standing pressure?.......

kill me now
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • ShogunZShogunZ When's DBZ? Joined: Posts: 1,968
    So far I'm on board. When the first two matches trickled out I wasn't sure because I thought B! was out. The new combo extender actually makes *more* sense than bound....at least as much sense as you can make kicking and punching people through the air. Movement seems weird, spastic, but overall I'm okay with the gameplay right now.

What I'm not okay with, is a new numbered Tekken 2 years after Tag 2 that uses identical assets as the last THREE Tekken games. It is simply laziness that none of these characters have been re-designed in the slightest. It's supposed to be a NEW game. Like MainMan said, it could just all be placeholder stuff, afterall we know Lars is supposed to have new armor. Right now though, as is just reeks of lazy to me.
    I really wish players would stop jumping to conclusions over these location tests and making a big deal about the game aesthetics.
    Again, this is an extremely early build of this game.
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ngm75r
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

• ShogunZShogunZ When's DBZ? Joined: Posts: 1,968
    Well, seeing that tweet I can certainly give Harada the benefit of the doubt, but it would seem like if you want to re-design Steve Fox for example wouldn't that be the first thing to go on the model and not an old design?