Tekken 7 Discussion

Comments

• yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,066
    d3v wrote: »
    Ki Shima wrote: »

for this game they needed to redesign the characters. what the fuck are they doing donning t6 clothes

As has been stated, Harada now wants to develop an "iconic" look/outfit for each character. So characters that changed clothing with each installment wont be doing so now. You'll likely have to wait for the alternate outfits for anything new.

This would make more sense if Tekken were a 2d game.
  • RazerwyreRazerwyre Joined: Posts: 36
    King will most likely be nerfed, they have not begun to balance yet. This is just a location test.

That being said, I hope most of the feedback Harada is receiving is negative regarding rage arts.

It is great that he is implementing new things to refresh the game but this may be departing too far from what Tekken is known to be. There is no profit in abandoning your dedicated fan-base for a few new players.

• Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,809
    How the fuck are rage arts abandoning your current fanbase
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • MancubMancub Joined: Posts: 632
    I'll take enhancing the damage of a combo via a Rage Art over hitting people for 1/4th of their health bar with pokes during Rage.
    How the fuck are rage arts abandoning your current fanbase

Let me clarify.

The combination of changes made thus far, power crush moves, as well as Rage Arts (which are both armored) present a new characteristic to gameplay.

For most Tekken players, this seems a bit like a rip-off of street fighter, and out of character for Tekken as we have come to know it. The last thing that anyone needs is for someone to armor through your safe 1,2 or mid poke with a rage art doing 40% in damage for the win.

Just look at how people reacted to invincible moves in Tekken Revolution.

• p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,555
    yeah armor fucks with frame traps and movement/decisions after implementing them

and i like tekken 4 but lets not pretend like that shit wasnt broken
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    Lots of interesting stuff, Harada really speaks his mind doesn't he? I wish all game developers were as frank and forward. BTW I wonder why Tekken 7 only gets 1/4 of the budget of Tekken 5? It is Namco's flagship fighting series, and has every iteration seems to be a megahit saleswise.

• CathraoCathrao Police brutality~ Joined: Posts: 596
    edited October 2014
    @blufang I wonder that myself. Maybe acquiring UE4, while still much cheaper than development of an in-house next-gen engine, still took some money from the budget?
    How much do I have to pay for Unreal Engine 4?

UE4 is available for $19 per user per month, with a 5% royalty on gross revenue after the first $3,000 per game per calendar quarter from commercial products.
    Assuming per user means per PC, ...well, I don't know how many people work there (not just the Tekken branch). Then training of all the employees in UE4 usage can be another expense.

I don't know, just a shot in the dark. Maybe it's some shareholder bullshit or whatnot. I mean, Harada is doing a lot of controversial stuff lately; TR being free to play, T7 having a PC port (though more likely just a decision based on having a multiplatform engine)...

Was TTT2 a financial success overall (long-term) for the folks at Namco Bandai? Everywhere I look, they say it missed the sales target.
    Steam/CFN ID: Cathrao | SFV: Akuma/Menat | T7: Lili/Feng
  • TheFreshPrinceTheFreshPrince Sold so many chickens think I work for Kroger Joined: Posts: 3,725
    IDGAF what anybody says, Tekken 7 looks great to me. It is obvious that Harada has picked up some ideas from Ono and the rest of the SF creative team while working on SFxt/TxSF. I think after some refinement, that these systems can be really great and fresh for the series. I also love how open Harada is about how he wants his game to turn out. You have to respect the fact that he actually tries to listen to the fans and implement some of the things that are most requested.
    You just can't handle the fresh prince.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,064 mod
    Larthy wrote: »
    I don't know, just a shot in the dark. Maybe it's some shareholder bullshit or whatnot. I mean, Harada is doing a lot of controversial stuff lately; TR being free to play, T7 having a PC port (though more likely just a decision based on having a multiplatform engine)...
    TR was done because Namco as a whole has been trying to make free-to-play versions of their core franchises (Ridge Racer, Ace Combat, and of course, Soul Cal and Tekken) as of late.

You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • LemresLemres The Two G.O.A.T Joined: Posts: 1,600
    I was liking the Rage Arts until I realized that it's all rehashed moves combined to form a super move. The camera zooms and angles just make it look extra fancy which feels cheap to me. I do like that new bound system though. Looks cooler than the previous bound imo.

It looks like a T6.5 right now, but I'm sure it'll come around. I'll be getting it regardless lol.
    TR was done because Namco as a whole has been trying to make free-to-play versions of their core franchises (Ridge Racer, Ace Combat, and of course, Soul Cal and Tekken) as of late.
    Oh, I know. But something had to push them in that direction...is what I meant. :)
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    1/4 the budget of a PS2-spec game? I don't think that was wise to say. I get the feeling we are going to have a very small(for Tekken) roster at start and we'll be getting DLC characters a la ASW later on.
  • mowrmowr VROOM VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,569
    Lol that's a pretty important distinction.
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=RQ68z3v1Ls0

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,397
    So do that mean a better tekken force/ Devil within?
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero "Just making functions give in to unwanted pleasure..." Joined: Posts: 2,940
    edited October 2014
    Here's some more information to share based on the clarifications made by Harada-san.

EDIT:
    Cell phone being weird again.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Geese / Mai [Luong, MuiMui, Geese, Leona, Shun, Beni, King, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Mai [Nyotengu, Kasumi]
    Tekken 7: Heihachi [Xiaoyu, M. Raven, Eliza, Jin, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ??????????????????
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,201

for this game they needed to redesign the characters. what the fuck are they doing donning t6 clothes

As has been stated, Harada now wants to develop an "iconic" look/outfit for each character. So characters that changed clothing with each installment wont be doing so now. You'll likely have to wait for the alternate outfits for anything new.

yeah I know he's going for the iconic look but the costumes are giving away how similar it looks from t5-t6-tag2-tr they need to at least make the blocking animation more interesting fucking hell lol I think thats the best way to make it look more attractive, change that blocking animation

HARADA ADVANCE THAT BLOCKING ANIMATION
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • Yusuke_The_DetectiveYusuke_The_Detective Life's a fleeting dream, don't let it go. Joined: Posts: 2,136
    Why are people complaining about costumes? There's gonna be customization, so I don't even get how thats a complaint.
    You gotta make the most of it you know.
  • AngerusAngerus To headbutt or not to headbutt? Joined: Posts: 829
    What happens if your opponent does an unblockable attack and you decide to power crush through it?
    Will the unblockable attack ignore the armored state or will the power crush work normally while absorbing the dmg?

Also, can throw interrupt a power crush?
    edited October 2014
    Why are people complaining about costumes? There's gonna be customization, so I don't even get how thats a complaint.

well its quite simple, if the main costumes were changed then nobody would be saying "its tekken6.5"

and it would be fair to say it looks like Tekken Revolution 2 (I actually like rev for what it is but you get what im saying)

the costumes aren't a big deal anyway just want them to add more emotive situational animations.

its true what harada says about tag 2 though, there is a really open leniency to the gameplay. it seems like anybody is good at tekken when that game came out
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
    Angerus wrote: »
    What happens if your opponent does an unblockable attack and you decide to power crush through it?
    Will the unblockable attack ignore the armored state or will the power crush work normally while absorbing the dmg?

Also, can throw interrupt a power crush?

From the information provided thus far:

The damage from the unblockable would be absorbed and the power crush/rage art would continue, providing the damage wasn't enough to K.O.

Power Crushes / Rage Arts are susceptible to lows and throws.

• Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero "Just making functions give in to unwanted pleasure..." Joined: Posts: 2,940
    We got ourselves another ATP episode. The subject of matter is Tekken 7 and the game play details as described in the video.
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Geese / Mai [Luong, MuiMui, Geese, Leona, Shun, Beni, King, Terry]

• Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    My god...I think they actually learned not to make moves completely invincible like in Revolution. This looks like the shit. Want.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
    edited October 2014
    From the man himself:
    I said "The customization item production costs of TEKKEN5 were 1/4 compared with 7." On Japanese online streaming.
    But someone translated "TEKKEN 7 as they are using 1/4 of their budget for making the game" for oversea community.
    That's why I hate "wrong translation".
    Please don't try translate Japanese to English. It's very difficult !!!

So no, not 1/4, nor 4 times the overall budget for T7 compared to T5.

T7 customization budget is the one being 4 times bigger. Unless he himself mistranslated, lol.
    if anyone actually gets hit by rage arts then you're one fucking idiot (mishima players giggle with glee)

Ray Kurzweil
  • mowrmowr VROOM VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,569
    edited October 2014
    if anyone actually gets hit by rage arts then you're one fucking idiot (mishima players giggle with glee)

This is SF4 Ultras all over again. I can say with 100% certainty that you will be getting hit by Rage Arts, often.
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=RQ68z3v1Ls0

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
    mowr wrote: »

This is SF4 Ultras all over again. I can say with 100% certainty that you will be getting hit by Rage Arts, often.
    This, especially since it seems that you can combo into them.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    mowr wrote: »

I guarantee you that I won't get hit by even ONE rage art through out my whole Tekken 7 career

Ray Kurzweil
    edited October 2014
    I guarantee you that I won't get hit by even ONE rage art through out my whole Tekken 7 career

First day!
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge The Age of Murder and Storm Joined: Posts: 16,236
    Hmmm.... The only way I would be fine with a lack of customization like
    Launcher>filler>K!>RA

Universal. Everyone is getting hit by it.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    edited October 2014

• TheFreshPrinceTheFreshPrince Sold so many chickens think I work for Kroger Joined: Posts: 3,725
    Hmmmm, I know that the first arcade releases of Tekken are pretty much just worldwide location tests, but you can't help but feel as if February is a bit rushed. Considering they said that the recent location test was a very early alpha build, and that the current build they currently have is only 2 months ahead.

However, I'm 99% sure there will be an update with rebalancing, new characters etc. to coincide with the console release.
    You just can't handle the fresh prince.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
    Man, Dragonuv looks badass.

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,542
    Dragonuv is my main, can't wait.

"I wake up and piss excellence"
  • BallTapperBallTapper Swag in their face Joined: Posts: 526
    all the characters i wanna play were in the location test, all kinds of in there
    TTT2: Dragunov/Bryan, Steve/Character, Jinpachi/King
    3SOE: Necro, Urien, Hugo
    HDR: O.Sagat, Balrog,
    KOF2002UM: Vanessa, Jhun, Iori, Clark, Hinako, Chang, Orochi Yashiro, EX Takuma
    KOF13: Ralf/Takuma/Hwa
    KOF14: I dont understand this game
    Injustass 2: Swampass, Spookybird
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: Morridoom, Spiderman/Thor/Ironman, Ironfist/Arthur/Spencer
    Super Setup Fighter IV: Hugo, Yun Sim
    SFxT: Nina/Steve, Sagat/Law
    MKX: Cyrax, A-List Johnny
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,555
    Where is nina damnit
  • GhostHawkGhostHawk Joined: Posts: 17
    I honestly miss corpse kicking (was removed in TTT2 for those who didn't notice or remember). It kind of kept the hype going you know?
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,131
    GhostHawk wrote: »
    I honestly miss corpse kicking (was removed in TTT2 for those who didn't notice or remember). It kind of kept the hype going you know?

Oh SHIT.
    I loved getting random last-second attacks after a knockout. But I remember one time in T6 I was in a player lobby match, most people in there had mics (and I think the person I was fighting was in party chat).
    Kicked his sorry ass with Jack-6 and out of habit did Jack's f,f+3 (a heavy stomp attack) when his Bruce was flat on his ass.

The guy BLEW THE HELL UP on his mic, talking about "THAT'S DISRESPECTFUL" and all that jazz. His own friends had to tell em to calm down while I kept beating on his ass the next couple of rounds.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
    Yeah, Tag 2 removed post KO hits. Loved that in T6. Seems you can do it again in T7 but its harder because of that damn replay nonsense.

• OGSFOGSF Joined: Posts: 713
    We all know that T7 and MKX will be better than USF4, but will T7 be better than MKX or will MKX be better than T7 or will T7 and MKX be on the same level, equals...
    "The few prosper, while the rest suffer." - OGSF
    the fuck is all this mkx talk
    OGSF wrote: »
    We all know that T7 and MKX will be better than USF4, but will T7 be better than MKX or will MKX be better than T7 or will T7 and MKX be on the same level, equals...

Ray Kurzweil
  • OGSFOGSF Joined: Posts: 713
    what's wrong with MK Ecks? We all know that MK games before MK4 destroyed the SF games before Third Strike in the arcades back in the day...
    "The few prosper, while the rest suffer." - OGSF
    OGSF wrote: »
    what's wrong with MK Ecks? We all know that MK games before MK4 destroyed the SF games before Third Strike in the arcades back in the day...
    I'm pretty sure this is a troll post (and so are the others) that are simply designed to illicit negative reactions.

That said, regardless of whether or not it is, I'd suggest you stop before things escalate and us mods are forced to step in.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    i just saw that dragunov costume kinda looks like spectre but that might just be generic military clothing
    Resident-Evil-5-Spectre-2-psd74403.png
    Ultimate Disney vs Capcom 3: Morridoom, Spiderman/Thor/Ironman, Ironfist/Arthur/Spencer
  • Yusuke_The_DetectiveYusuke_The_Detective Life's a fleeting dream, don't let it go. Joined: Posts: 2,136
    IDK I was getting a real HUNK vibe from Dragonovs customization.
    You gotta make the most of it you know.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,131

Snapping necks and not giving fucks.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN

they were in the same game, so.... swag