Tekken 7 Discussion

Comments

• NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,250
    What the fuck is even happening in this picture?
    She has like, 3 legs and one is stuck in King's belly.
    Froztey wrote: »
    I was confused but I think the leg you're seeing is her jacket

Yeah it looks confusing but it's her jacket... thing.
    But I am really surprised how many people ragequit in quick matches.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,608
    I'm always sad when a better player declines rematches in quick matches.
    Gimme my FT30, bitch!
    Add me for some Tekken 7 if you're from Europe.
    I'm not playing anything else these days:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/NaughtySenpai/
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 4,453
    Neclord wrote: »
    What the fuck is even happening in this picture?
    She has like, 3 legs and one is stuck in King's belly.
    I was confused but I think the leg you're seeing is her jacket

Yeah it looks confusing but it's her jacket... thing.
    But I am really surprised how many people ragequit in quick matches.

What rank?
    Pc?
    I don't get ragequits where I'm at
    Just a bunch of no rematches
    Especially from the green ranks
  • ElectroManiacElectroManiac Joined: Posts: 445
    edited June 26
    Man I hate getting a salty 1-1.

Yesterday I was fighting this Lars and on the first match I did really good. Didn't give him a chance. On the second match I made so many stupid mistakes and lost and was so piss off, but what piss me the most is that this game doesn't let you go fo a third match.

Should be 2 out of 3.
    Steam: Electro
    Tekken 7 Mains: Dragunov and Devil Jim Second: Josie

Yesterday I was fighting this Lars and on the first match I did really good. Didn't give him a chance. On the second match I made so many stupid mistakes and lost and was so piss off, but what piss me the most is that this game doesn't let you go fo a third match.

Should be 2 out of 3.

I'm honestly starting to think that it might be by design
    Harada wants to induce salt
  • ZacZac ya Joined: Posts: 84
    itzpookiie wrote: »

Should be 2 out of 3.

pookiie this is zac from jsp. hit me up on psn if you are on there, i know you were on PC for sfv
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,404
    Screen paused on the death hit, he definitely pulled.

katarina is bottom tier
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • LightzLightz Fish food today, fish shit tomorrow Joined: Posts: 1,239
    What's up with this ranking system? I beat 2 guys today that had promotion chances and they immediately got another one in the revenge match.
    I don't care
    Lightz wrote: »
    What's up with this ranking system? I beat 2 guys today that had promotion chances and they immediately got another one in the revenge match.

Were they by any chance 3 or more ranks below yours?
  • LightzLightz Fish food today, fish shit tomorrow Joined: Posts: 1,239

Were they by any chance 3 or more ranks below yours?

1st guy was same rank and the 2nd guy was 1 rank below me.
    I don't care

I think there's like a hidden point system
    It might be that he reached past the required points to hit the next rank but needs to win the placement match to be that rank. So he might've gotten well past the required points from his previous match which gave him 2 chances to get a promotion

Zac wrote: »

Should be 2 out of 3.

pookiie this is zac from jsp. hit me up on psn if you are on there, i know you were on PC for sfv

I got it on pc to avoid getting bodied by you
    Ki Shima wrote: »
    Screen paused on the death hit, he definitely pulled.

katarina is bottom tier

Katarina definitely not bottom tier lol
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,050 mod
    I'm starting to get the skeleton of how to learn a character now, just a little bit. It took me days to learn a character at a basic level now it's taking me a day or just a couple hours to remember a very basic gameplan.

Lili is good, she has a good high/low game with some big risk big reward buttons and her execution demands don't have me straining to land max damage. Think I prefer her to Lars, Lars is really linear and I get a little bored of his honesty.
    Oh and do any Tekken people in the EU fancy some games? Ranked only being FT2 is a drag man
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,479
    Oh and do any Tekken people in the EU fancy some games? Ranked only being FT2 is a drag man

Probably up for some games on Steam later. Need to finish some shit first.
  • ZacZac ya Joined: Posts: 84
    Zac wrote: »

Should be 2 out of 3.

I got it on pc to avoid getting bodied by you

Katarina definitely not bottom tier lol[/quote]

lol I'll hit you up if I ever get it on pc.
  • Sanada-kunSanada-kun Joined: Posts: 716
    edited June 26
    @itzpookiie
    You never sent me a Steam friend invite. My stuffs in my sig.

Still looking for PC players.

And uh... Those into Tekken lore should get a kick outta this:
    dBSUQYZ.gif

Hahahaha u just made my day gd sir
    I'm starting to get the skeleton of how to learn a character now, just a little bit. It took me days to learn a character at a basic level now it's taking me a day or just a couple hours to remember a very basic gameplan.

Lili is good, she has a good high/low game with some big risk big reward buttons and her execution demands don't have me straining to land max damage. Think I prefer her to Lars, Lars is really linear and I get a little bored of his honesty.

Lars?? Honesty?? U obviously don't use uf4 enough :p
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,250

What rank?
    Pc?
    I don't get ragequits where I'm at
    Just a bunch of no rematches
    Especially from the green ranks

Very low rank, haven't played many ranked matches yet.
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 9,593
    edited June 26
    did up another katarina thang

a top 10 moves deal, i know theres that list going around but I find a) don't necessarily agree with all the moves on that list, for example my favourite move for Kazumi and one of her best moves(32) isn't even on it so bleh. I explain my reasonings and all the like so maybe there is some worth to it over the list who knows?!?!?

*ed*

I am visiting family in quebec for a while so looks like wednesday I am attending a small babby tekken tournament in montreal. I have yet to play another person in person so that should be fun!!!!
    Why are you telling everyone our secrets for fuck sake lol
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
    edited June 26
    Sanada-kun wrote: »

Lars?? Honesty?? U obviously don't use uf4 enough :p

I know it's safe but it's super slow and mad free to sidesteps, it has some big weaknesses to exploit. Outside of that and his d/b4 his lows and mids are pretty honest, actually his d/f2 string is a safe launcher which is pretty good. You need to whiff punish and outmaneuver the opponent after I'd hit Brawler. I want a little dirt or gimmicks, Lili's d/f3+4 is a lethal gimmick.
  • HeavensCloudHeavensCloud Joined: Posts: 868
    I know not to take eventscrubs seriously but has anybody noticed the genuine lack of Tekken content? I mean, today their entire front page has nothing about Tekken. Instead it's all about Capcom games, even some Killer Instinct and stuff about games that haven't even come out yet. And zero Tekken. It literally baffles me, because the game just came out, a ton of people are playing and streaming it (more so than even SF) and yet it's being completely ignored.

Not a big deal, just very weird to me.

• CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 3,048
    Tbf Lars is pretty hard to win with nowadays. I mainly hate that they added auto-stance transitions from some of his pokes making them unusable, but there's a few other things he's lacking like a decent low game (Most are either high risk, low reward or low risk, low reward).

Still does damage, but yeah pretty damn honest compared to a bunch of the cast.
  • Sanada-kunSanada-kun Joined: Posts: 716
    Tbf Lars is pretty hard to win with nowadays. I mainly hate that they added auto-stance transitions from some of his pokes making them unusable, but there's a few other things he's lacking like a decent low game (Most are either high risk, low reward or low risk, low reward).

Still does damage, but yeah pretty damn honest compared to a bunch of the cast.

Lol yeah I must admit he takes a lot more work nowadays but his wall damage is still hella gd db2,1 picks up from the lowest point at the walk. I was using him as a secondary when the game came out but since I found feng don't think I can go bk
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 26
    I know not to take eventscrubs seriously but has anybody noticed the genuine lack of Tekken content? I mean, today their entire front page has nothing about Tekken. Instead it's all about Capcom games, even some Killer Instinct and stuff about games that haven't even come out yet. And zero Tekken. It literally baffles me, because the game just came out, a ton of people are playing and streaming it (more so than even SF) and yet it's being completely ignored.

Bandai Namco has yet to open an account to pay shills, just like Capcom does for the fake hype
    May or may not happen.
    Post edited by tataa8P on
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • Paradise1955Paradise1955 Joined: Posts: 668
    How do you tech the downwards spike that ends some combos? I have no clue.
    edited June 27
    Lili stuff if anybody needs it

All the launcher stuff, some may not be max damage. I've just been labbing all day for maximum damage output and haven't perfected some stuff.

Both her d/f2 and u/f3 have good damage and consistency using the same route. Carries nicely as well. You can go into another route from her d/f2 that involes going into f2,3 into a ff3f,3+4 that's 66 damage but it seems character specific or stupid hard.

d/f2 - d/f2 - d/f1 - 2 - d2,2,3 - ff3f,1,2
    64 damage

u/f3 - d/f2 - d/f1 - 2 - d2,2,3 - ff3f,1,2
    61 damage

d/b4 - 4,1 - d2,2,3 - ff3f,1,2
    75 damage

d3+4 - jump 4 - f2,3 - ff3f,3+4 - ff3f,1,2
    79 damage

d/f3+4 - FC2 - WS2 - 2 - d2,2,3 - ff3f,1,2
    60 damage

d/f3+4 probably nets you a ton more but I just haven't explored the routes a lot atm.

CH d/f3 - 4,1 - 2 - d2,2,3 - ff3f,1,2
    72 damage
    Post edited by Froztey on

Hold back. And it has to be held pretty much as you land or before otherwise you wont tech

Hold back. And it has to be held pretty much as you land or before otherwise you wont tech

Dunno is he talking about Screw Attacks?
    Cuz you don't tech that, that's the whole point of them.

Dunno is he talking about Screw Attacks?
    Cuz you don't tech that, that's the whole point of them.

I think he's talking about moves that knock you into the ground, causes a flip over. If you don't back tech it usually leads to a guaranteed ground hit for the opponent.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,404
    Playing aggressive random players all this time made me terrible at spacing in Tekken now.
    I feel like an Iron Sheik victim.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
    edited June 27
    Lars' gameplan in Tag 2 was quite open, but most people rushed in with him to land a CH d/f2 (which was a CH-launcher back then) or to set up a sidestep -> arc blast. In T7 I feel he's mostly about annoying people into pushing a bad button that you can whiff punish. He's a lot less common of a character now (he was EVERYWHERE in Tag 2) since that gameplan takes more effort to execute, and since he was arguably the best non-Mishima in Tag 2 too. The tier whores went to Dragunov instead in T7.
    Playing aggressive random players all this time made me terrible at spacing in Tekken now.
    I feel like an Iron Sheik victim.

Pick a character with a super long range whiff punisher, and backdash / sidewalk all day. Now you still get to whiff punish shit.
  • RetardRetard Joined: Posts: 47

It feels like the Tekken Community is silent overall. Hell, this Thread alone seems to surpass the activity on any board / site dedicated to Tekken, like Tekkengamer or Tekken Zaibatsu. How come?
    edited June 27
    TZ is a site by and for Tekken veterans, as evidenced by the fact that the people on that board can't answer any Tekken-related question in a manner non-Tekken-players would understand. There's not much to discuss or many questions to ask when you've played the game for 15 years. In contrast, most people in this thread are new to Tekken, so there's both discoveries to be made, frustrations to be vented, and questions to be asked.
  • RetardRetard Joined: Posts: 47
    Naeras wrote: »
    TZ is a site by and for Tekken veterans, as evidenced by the fact that the people on that board can't answer any Tekken-related question in a manner non-Tekken-players would understand. There's not much to discuss or many questions to ask when you've played the game for 15 years. In contrast, most people in this thread are new to Tekken, so there's both discoveries to be made, frustrations to be vented, and questions to be asked.

I believe SRK has just as many SF veterans, still there are discussions going on. It's weird to me that T7 has just been released, which should brought in many new players like myself, and dedicated sites are ghost towns.
    edited June 27
    The only really active SF-thread right now is the SFV-lounge, which a) has relatively few veterans in it and b) is less a discussion thread and more a place for people to rant about Capcom and talk shit.
    I think its because there were so many people in tag 2 doing good, pro players want to try to keep stuff to themselves so they have a chance at tournaments :rofl: like the old days

Ray Kurzweil
  • appoappo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 4,801
    edited June 27
    people don't go to old fashioned forums anymore so much to share their stuff.
    a lot of sharing/communicating switched to twitter or discord

for example
    https://twitter.com/flying_wonkey?lang=de
    a lot of people he retweets which you will for sure not find here or on other forums.

same goes for all the sf "pros" they tweet or stream but forum discussions...nope.

on the other hand this board didnt really had a invitefull vibe to
    people outside of capcom games....at least since i am here but
    it changed recently a bit in the right direction.

edited June 27
    Ki Shima wrote: »
    I think its because there were so many people in tag 2 doing good, pro players want to try to keep stuff to themselves so they have a chance at tournaments :rofl: like the old days

Highly doubt that. In the age of the internet you'll have twelve billion videos of all the tech you need within three days, and what wasn't posted on youtube will be in an appropriate discord or a guide written for another Tekken-game 10 years ago.

Besides, it's not like the best Tekken players is winning by doing anything particularly new. They win on good decisions and execution.
    I'm actually having a hard time finding the info I need on Tekken 7, Zaibatsu is a mess