Tekken 7 Discussion

1676869707173»

Comments

• ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,343
    edited August 7
    Same here just with Tekken 3.
    Every promotion I gotta brag about. Just made Vindicator!
    Damn good game.

Beaten a couple of brown ranks too last couple of days, but I still feel like trash. Those guys move so much better than I do.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,313
    Who needs movement when you've got UWRRAAAAAH

Got beat pretty badly by a Ling and a Hwoarang yesterday. I need to grind those matchups to get anywhere, I think.

Found out that the second hit of b+1,4 whiffs on Eddy because his idle / block animation is retarded ;_;
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So I entered the Monday tournament , played this girl who was pretty good in casuals , she was friendly and mind fucked me.

Played Claudio versus asuka and lost, switched to ling and won (had success with her in casuals ), then she switched to raven and sent me to losers.

Tournament not done yet, but my next match was against the feng player who beat me on Saturday . My plan was to pick hwoarang and stick with him . Like Saturday I started off the first round good , and he made a 90 percent come back . I stuck it out and won the first game 3-2 rounds. Second game, he made a huge comeback , but again I stuck in there. So I ended up getting my revenge and beat him 2-0.

Wasn't on stream but I'm happy
    Green Karin.
  • SnakeofNinjutsuSnakeofNinjutsu Kallen Kouzuki FTW Joined: Posts: 325
    I need to start playing this game more. Got to warrior rank almost a month ago within 77 matches. So many ppl try to korean back dash but their fundamental game is horrible.
    P4A - Elizabeth
    IGAU - Catwoman
    Jojo - Dio/Giorno
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,103
    who are the top 5 most difficult and most easy to learn characters in T7?
    How would you guys rate hwoarang and Jin when it comes to their learning curve?
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,848
    edited August 8
    LiangHuBBB wrote: »

i learned one char so far....so i have no fucking clue :D

pc stage mods

edited August 8

Take this with a grain of salt, and keep in mind that this is from the perspective of someone who considers "learning curve" here to be how hard it is to exploit a character's strengths while hiding their weaknesses, as well as how hard their execution is.

Hardest:
    Kazuya - Nina - (large gap) - Devil Jin - Heihachi - Hwoarang

Mishimas are overall pretty difficult because of their execution requirements and because of their rather gimmick-less playstyle (which means you need good fundamentals), but Kaz is a step harder than the others because he's got a very clear-cut weakness (shitty poking game) that means he has to compensate with movement, good blocking, good knowledge, and a lot more electrics than the other two. Hei and DJ are "easier" since they can kill you without having to rely on electrics for everything, but they're still quite demanding to get the most out of them. Nina requires very good execution, to the point where I've heard a lot of people claim she's got the steepest execution curve in the game. Hwo is hard to play against since he's quite unorthodox, which makes him easier to snag random wins with, but there's a lot of stuff you need to learn with him if you want to get somewhat proficient.
    Yoshimitsu, Steve, Lee, Akuma and Jin are also worth mentioning, though I think the five above are the hardest. Yoshi and Steve both play unlike any other character, Lee's optimal stuff is supposedly pretty hard, and Akuma has a high ceiling but is extremely unsafe. Jin's sort of Mishima-esque, but he doesn't rely on his Mishima-esque tools as much as the "actual" Mishimas, so he's a bit easier. His parry is arguably the best move in the game if used perfectly, which raises his ceiling quite a bit. Certainly not an easy character to get good with, but his learning curve isn't that steep.

Most other characters are relatively easy to pick up though, but the easiest? Imo that'd be Katarina - Jack - Kazumi - Claudio - Shaheen

Most new T7-characters are pretty straightforward. Kat and Shaheen are close range CH-monsters, Kazumi and Claudio both have compact and straightforward toolsets that are great for controlling the pace of the match. Jack is space control incarnate and plays a simple but effective game.
    Post edited by Naeras on
  • ShahenzanShahenzan to burn beasts Joined: Posts: 273
    Naeras wrote: »
    Take this with a grain of salt, and keep in mind that this is from the perspective of someone who considers "learning curve" here to be how hard it is to exploit a character's strengths while hiding their weaknesses, as well as how hard their execution is.

Hardest:

So hey I know Nina has some hard stuff like instant WS1 and hayashida step, but do you think they're as essential to playing her as Kaz's electrics and wavedashing are to him?

She seems to have the tools to play a much more complete, simple game.
    CFN - Ninebreaker
    PSN - Shahenzan
  • FrozteyFroztey The Ascended One Joined: Posts: 8,463 mod

You can learn to play Jin without relying on EWHF and he's pretty easy. Just learn how to wavedash and you're good to go.

Knowing how to do electrics from every possible movement option makes Jin insanely strong though.
    edited August 8
    Shahenzan wrote: »

Hardest:

So hey I know Nina has some hard stuff like instant WS1 and hayashida step, but do you think they're as essential to playing her as Kaz's electrics and wavedashing are to him?

Not quite sure, since I don't really have any interest in her and thus haven't tried learning her, which is part of why I said to take this with a grain of salt. The fact that almost everyone I've talked to says she's got a steeper learning curve, execution wise, than even Kazuya, says something though. It could be that she's a lot easier to get up to speed as a functional character than Kaz and that those guys are only talking about her execution ceiling, I dunno. Someone else can probably answer this better than me.
    "Bandai Namco is conducting a survey to find out what you think of their brand new game Tekken 7. The game has been out a little over two months now, and if you’ve had it since June 2, 2017, you should have a good idea of how you feel about the game."

Tekken 7 Survey: http://bnent.eu/tk7survey

Source: http://tekkengamer.com/2017/08/08/tekken-7-survey-bandai-namco-wants-know-think-game/
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,034
    edited August 9
    appomo wrote: »
    "Bandai Namco is conducting a survey to find out what you think of their brand new game Tekken 7. The game has been out a little over two months now, and if you’ve had it since June 2, 2017, you should have a good idea of how you feel about the game."

Tekken 7 Survey: http://bnent.eu/tk7survey

Source: http://tekkengamer.com/2017/08/08/tekken-7-survey-bandai-namco-wants-know-think-game/

Welp, a really long list of suggestions submitted to them, and I'm not sure if it will be examined or not:
    Seeing how Street Fighter changed throughout the past two decades, Tekken seems to do a good job to keep it's legacy standards.

Being a player that lately had a strong passion with Street Fighter, one of the problems I have with their latest sequel is that not so much has "progressed" or met standard expectations, while taking some risks that even potentially made the game "regressed" from previous games. As an example, Street Fighter V is prone for the possibility of one-sided rollback (where two players experience two different playthroughs) due to syncing issues, which can be fixed in such cases (see Skullgirls). Also, the gameplay in terms of how "dynamic" it is became less than its previous iteration (even when comparing to 3rd Strike).

In Tekken, rage arts, rage drives, slow-motion effects, power crushes (armor property attacks) and the addition/change of moves seems to spice up the gameplay elements relatively well, while still retaining the gameplay meta intact, making the game more dynamic or roughly similar to their previous game (which is good).

Some of the game experience problems that I am concerned with for Tekken 7 (both offline and online) are listed below:

1. There needs to be more "official" color palettes to use for offline tournaments. Kazuya, for example, only has two colors to choose from in events or casuals in offline play. With company constraints in mind, perhaps having a more official color palettes in the "costume" menu in the character select screen can suffice.

Otherwise, I was hoping before PS4's development that there would be behind the scene work with Sony for an offline-only "encrypted" card system integrated to help offline aesthetics and features, but I understand that such processes can't be done at this time.

2. The customization features feel lacking in terms of what's given and how a user can customize, as it can be a decent source of revenue as long as it's not affecting the gameplay at its core. Mainly, the color/hue selection on what you can apply onto is less than expected. One example is Devil Jin's gloves palette, which cannot be recolored, leaving you only with the default ones given. Also, colors are missing a saturation feature which leaves some colors to have a grey tone. For example, attempting a dark purple suit for Kazuya will only end up having a dark-grey suit with a hint of purple in it.

3. Replays are not present, and would be useful to to have in order to improve a user's learning experience and longevity with what the gameplay has to offer.

4. Team battle option used to be something present in older Tekken games (since Tekken 2?) and would be useful to have a team-style mode for offline and online (a fun experience for online play can be to have multiple players available to team up against others in the lobby).

5. Faster "online" rematches. Offline rematches not only skips the "VS Screen" flag, but it puts you right into the character intro animations in-game. Online 1v1 lobby should not have to let both users go back to the lobby and back to the character select screen and in-game just to "rematch." If possible, it would be good if the post-match options can play out identical to the Arcade version of Tekken 7 (or Tekken 7 FR) where the losing player observes a "Continue" theme/scene and gives you a set of options to choose from, while the winning player can train in the same stage during the 10-20 second wait of the opponent's decision, either returning to the lobby if opponent leaves, or receiving "Revenge Match" notification & SFX proceeding onto the rematch. The winning player can choose to leave and/or decline revenge match if the player cannot partake in a rematch.

6. Optimizing tutorial use via tutorial mode. With plenty of fighters out there, and for new games like Tekken 7, new players may branch onto the series with little information. While some of the tutorial dialogues in loading screens can provide some pointers, there isn't a mode that goes in full detail with the player guiding the fundamentals and tricks on how to approach the game mechanics, match-ups, and character overviews. A rundown about framedata and how to use it effectively in terms of punishing and momentum would be good as well.

7. More stages OR stage adjustments to refine the overall percentage of wall stages, groundbreaking stages, and infinite stages to an even amount. Some characters may overall benefit from certain stages over others. Case in point, not many infinite stages exist (only three stages have no walls/groundbreaking flags, and of the three, one of those is only accessible in a late round stage transition).

8. Training mode refinement. For offline, being able to see a dummy replay the move (which can be done for the human player's character in training mode) for the AI character can help save time in performing playback tests by not doing the bind command to playback the move and pause menu selections. Having "record" functions save for future use so you can quickly switch to another character to test a record function from the AI can save time as well. Online training mode can be useful to have as well for players that want to test things that normally would require a human player (or for insightful purposes).

9. Netcode. While I am pleased with the current netcode given, rollback can also provide good results "when correctly implemented." I have to emphasize the last part very much because of the chance that it might not be done right (see Street Fighter V's netcode reception). When recalling Street Fighter V's implementation of rollback "Kagemusha" netcode, one of the issues is that their netcode does not have a proper time-sync detection, which leads to the one-sided rollback problem. Other games such as Killer Instinct, Skullgirls, and even NRS games (Injustice 2 and Mortal Kombat XL) has a proper usage & understanding of the rollback (GGPO) netcode, reaching outstanding results. It's also worth noting, aside the syncing concern, that some players may dislike the "teleport" vibe that rollback gives. GGPO provides a delay option for those that can't tolerate it as well (myself included), so a feature that can auto/manual adjust how much delay can be set would be useful as well.
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
    edited August 9
    Why do people consider Jin to be an advanced or intermediate character?
    Just went through his movelist and he has a fuckton of save pokes and strings.
    Yeah he often gives up his turn and I haven't found good frame traps yet, but at least you don't get your ass whooped by block punishes as a noob.

Even without electrics he looks solid.
    Are his bnb combos retardedly hard or what?
    Post edited by ArtVandelay on
    edited August 9
    Why do people consider Jin to be an advanced character?
    Just went through his movelist and he has a fuckton of save pokes and strings.
    Yeah he often gives up his turn and I haven't found good frame traps yet, but at least you don't get your ass whooped by block punishes as a noob.

Even without electrics he looks solid.
    Are his bnb combos retardedly hard or what?

Max damage ones are pretty tough, and they're all BnBs.

General Mishima gameplan, just frames in his electric/wavedash/requiring very good mobility to make use of EWHF. His max damage combos require mid-combo electrics, his max damage combo after EWHF has a really tight micro-dash in it. Due to the inherent requirement of EWHF needing electric to screw, inconsistency can kill Jin.

Consistency is the key term to use I think, he's very requiring that you don't miss a single electric. Heihachi and Kaz can at least afford to drop them on whiff punishes, they'll still launch for a combo.
    Post edited by Froztey on
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,555
    Hang okay a
    Shahenzan wrote: »

Hardest:

with nina you have to be in and up close in order to win. things like the ss1 cancels and df1 series are important. you use the hayashida step and the rolling dash to create space and pressure them.

she has the tools to win but she has to be up close recognizing all her cancels to keep the opponent close and afraid to press buttons the problem is that on infinite stages and the like you have to chase and thats sometimes difficult for someone like nina
    now that the tailspin system is implemented she doesn't need ws1 combos as much.
    in tag 2 and t6 they were damn near essential to get the best out of the character.
    now because of the proximity of the walls and the new combo system they arent as necessary they just make her wall carry game even more ridiculous. max damage combos still use it though.

both their gameplans are hard to execute at high level play i would give the edge to kazuya in the difficulty in that department though
    theres a reason you dont see to many kazuyas placing that high cause he just cant be that aggressive and requires extensive knowledge and execution.
    it doesnt mean as much but if you have knowledge of nina her gameplan and punishers are much easier to beat intermediate to beginner players
    you can scrub out wins with her and that comes into play at tournaments as well where if you arent familiar with a matchup you can enforce your game on the opponent significantly easier then kazuya.
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,103

Hardest:

Mishimas are overall pretty difficult because of their execution requirements and because of their rather gimmick-less playstyle (which means you need good fundamentals), but Kaz is a step harder than the others because he's got a very clear-cut weakness (shitty poking game) that means he has to compensate with movement, good blocking, good knowledge, and a lot more electrics than the other two. Hei and DJ are "easier" since they can kill you without having to rely on electrics for everything, but they're still quite demanding to get the most out of them. Nina requires very good execution, to the point where I've heard a lot of people claim she's got the steepest execution curve in the game. Hwo is hard to play against since he's quite unorthodox, which makes him easier to snag random wins with, but there's a lot of stuff you need to learn with him if you want to get somewhat proficient.
    Yoshimitsu, Steve, Lee, Akuma and Jin are also worth mentioning, though I think the five above are the hardest. Yoshi and Steve both play unlike any other character, Lee's optimal stuff is supposedly pretty hard, and Akuma has a high ceiling but is extremely unsafe. Jin's sort of Mishima-esque, but he doesn't rely on his Mishima-esque tools as much as the "actual" Mishimas, so he's a bit easier. His parry is arguably the best move in the game if used perfectly, which raises his ceiling quite a bit. Certainly not an easy character to get good with, but his learning curve isn't that steep.

Most other characters are relatively easy to pick up though, but the easiest? Imo that'd be Katarina - Jack - Kazumi - Claudio - Shaheen

Most new T7-characters are pretty straightforward. Kat and Shaheen are close range CH-monsters, Kazumi and Claudio both have compact and straightforward toolsets that are great for controlling the pace of the match. Jack is space control incarnate and plays a simple but effective game.

thanks for the write up.
    I am trying to learn Jin right now.

My main is actually Law & I secondary Paul since the release of T7.
    But right now Im looking forward learning more T7 characters when I have time after work.
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB

Funny, I saw a similar question from you on a youtube vid this morning.

I think Jin would be a good secondary in addition to Paul or Law, the reason being Law and Paul are more straight forward whereas Jin is more versatile and has more utility.
    Versatility gives you more options to add your own flair to the character and I think his ceiling is higher.

Compared to other Mishimas, I think he is more practical as well.
    There were some Jin players in the top 16/top 8 at the korea world tour event recently so that's always a good sign.
    Green Karin.
    edited August 10
    tired as fuck but cant sleep so lets bring a topic up which seems to got under the radar a bit.

pc version safe game files...back them up!
    the steam cloud doesnt help when things get wrong and dont use fam share on the same pc with the same pc user account.
    it can fuck your safegame files too since it seems to override the existing one and doesnt add another one.
    that should be fixed by using two windows accounts which then have seperate user folders.

threads about deleted files
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/389730/discussions/0/1471967615865012851/
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/389730/discussions/0/2217311444323744017/
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/389730/discussions/0/1291817837626105869/

C:\users\(Account name)\ AppData\Local\TekkenGame
    Tekken 7 Sales Exceed 1.6 Million Units Worldwide
    http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/8/11/tekken-7-sales-exceed-16-million-units-worldwide.html

i guess you can consider this a good start.
    wonder how much the other titles sold in the same timeframe.
    http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/8/11/tekken-7-sales-exceed-16-million-units-worldwide.html

Taking into account digital sales or not?
    Froztey wrote: »

Taking into account digital sales or not?

i would guess they are included.
    This game has defeated me, I can't learn everything. There's way too many match-up niches to get into this game competitively.
    This game has defeated me, I can't learn everything. There's way too many match-up niches to get into this game competitively.

Oh lord, you're really fucking talented at fighting games. If you could fucking motivate yourself to stick to a character or even game and grind out matchups you could actually win some shit.
    You're as solid as the wind in that regard though.

Oh lord, you're really fucking talented at fighting games. If you could fucking motivate yourself to stick to a character or even game and grind out matchups you could actually win some shit.

Aside from me not being super in love with anybody in the cast(I find them all fun, but nobody has the main factor) the amount of strings I get hit by vs. certain characters is just insane, I go into training mode to learn how to beat it, or if it's unsafe and I'm there for a good 5 minutes just looking for what I actually lost to. There's so much to learn, it becomes tedious when you spend one week learning a match-up and you barely feel like you've learnt 1/4th of it. I love learning curves in games, things that don't handfeed you. But having to memorise 60, 70, maybe 80 strings, every punish opportunity and every SS'able string is incredibly difficult and if I DON'T learn that, I feel like the people who are much worse-off than me are on almost equal footing because I can't shut down their options.

Hopefully they release Lei soon so I can try another character out, I played Lei/Lars/Jin in Tekken 6, and liked Lei the most.
  • CathraoCathrao Police brutality~ Joined: Posts: 596

Aside from me not being super in love with anybody in the cast(I find them all fun, but nobody has the main factor) the amount of strings I get hit by vs. certain characters is just insane, I go into training mode to learn how to beat it, or if it's unsafe and I'm there for a good 5 minutes just looking for what I actually lost to. There's so much to learn, it becomes tedious when you spend one week learning a match-up and you barely feel like you've learnt 1/4th of it. I love learning curves in games, things that don't handfeed you. But having to memorise 60, 70, maybe 80 strings, every punish opportunity and every SS'able string is incredibly difficult and if I DON'T learn that, I feel like the people who are much worse-off than me are on almost equal footing because I can't shut down their options.

Hopefully they release Lei soon so I can try another character out, I played Lei/Lars/Jin in Tekken 6, and liked Lei the most.
    Going through the entire movelist to find that one thing that keeps hitting you is tedious as heck. :rofl: Especially if, a lot of times, the character has a lot of similar looking moves as well. Outright discouraging at times. To the point where I prefer to try and grind it out in actual live matches.

But Art is right, you know. If you didn't have to focus so much energy and brain capacity on learning a new character every week, it'd all go into learning those matchups defensively. I know how you feel; having a character crisis is stupidly annoying. It's part of why I told myself to fuck off with Feng for weeks, if not months, until I'm 100% comfortable with Lili. But yeah, can't pile so much on yourself at the same time.

Why not just stick to Lars in the meantime? Too boring? Not saying you should end up maining him, but just have that solid foundation for now, while trying to learn the rest of the stuff.
    Steam/CFN ID: Cathrao | SFV: Akuma/Menat | T7: Lili/Feng
    edited August 12

I think you're approaching how to learn the game in the wrong way, which is completely normal since this game doesn't fucking tell you anything. The thing is, lot of information about strings and moves in this game can be generalized, which means you can very quickly "see" if a string is safe or not. If it looks like it shouldn't be safe, but you can't punish it, that's when you hit training mode. I'm leaving the house fairly soon, but I can do a quick write-up of the "rules" I use when I look at strings later today.

Also screw learning what strings are sidestep-able when you've only played the game for a couple of months. That sort of stuff is advanced. Learn to walk before you try to run.

Lastly, even consistent, high-level tournament players occasionally get wrapped up in stuff they don't understand in this game. I've seen JDCR and Saint get seriously confused by a character more than once, but overcoming that simply by playing better Tekken than the other guy. As many gimmicks as you can find in this game, fundamentals are still king.
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 3,955
    I have a character crisis as well I think.

I am way better with Katarina, but my heart belongs to Master Raven. I like her more aesthetically and the gameplay is more interesting to me. But I tend to lose a lot more with her.
    Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal

SFV: Laura, R. Mika, Chun-Li
    GG Rev2: Baiken, Jack-O
    T7: Katarina, Master Raven
    BB CF: Nine
    Neclord wrote: »

I am way better with Katarina, but my heart belongs to Master Raven. I like her more aesthetically and the gameplay is more interesting to me. But I tend to lose a lot more with her.

are you really better with her or do you just get more wins out of your matches?
    at the end i would stick to the char who is providing me more fun instead of more wins.
    edited August 12
    Neclord wrote: »

I agree with appomo
    pick master raven and hit training mode because if your heart isnt invested then it becomes tougher to win especially as you run into harder people and especially with kat
    at higher ranks it becomes very hard to play with kat because she has trouble opening people up. plus she is easily sidewalked on alot of things and very unsafe on alot of lows... the defense gets better.

if your heart isnt as invested you wont be able to find the creativity, the grit and timing to stay in matches at higher levels.

sidenote
    it took a while because of people leaving when I would win and having long sets with higher ranked people and staying no matter what but I finally got devil jin to vanquisher
    now along with heihachi I got 2 characters in vanquisher so I can use one to climb
    Post edited by p.m novaroad pilot on
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 3,955
    Alright then. The next time I boot up Tekken I am gonna focus on Master Raven only. No matter what. She is the one I really want to main.
    Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal

SFV: Laura, R. Mika, Chun-Li
    GG Rev2: Baiken, Jack-O
    T7: Katarina, Master Raven
    BB CF: Nine
    I'm starting to win against brown ranks more regularly.
    Can't fucking believe that I feel improvement just by playing this game.
    I don't even go to ranked often, mostly playing quick matches, because people are more often willing to play long sets there.

Skill level of those players doesn't matter either. If somebody is really good, I get to practice patience and conditioning him, if somebody sucks I get to practice movement and punishment more. Just happy to be playing, even though I always got a guilty conscience because I should be learning about other characters a lot more.
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,703
    Eliza is realy awesome, but I can't figure out how to play her.

Seems like I have to watch some vids and hit the lab.
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy
    Tekken: When's Jun? , Lili, Josie
    Guilty Gear: Ramlethal

My SFV Cammyguide!
    edited August 14
    Finally found my official secondary character.

Kazumi! I really enjoy playing her. Her limited moveset lets me focus on the more important things.

I also feel like I'm playing Jack 7...without actually playing Jack 7.
    Counterhit Magic 4 and 1+2 punisher and easy wall damage is great.
    I'm dropping Bryan and playing her, kind of like what Take did.

Got the best of both worlds now, Hwoarang-versatile, lots of moves. Kazumi-limited moves, methodical, decision making.

Green Karin.
    Kazumi looks good for me too.
    Probably gonna add her to my arsenal one day. I like characters that keep it simple.
    edited August 14
    Kazumi's a good character for everyone tbh. If you're good at basic Tekken, you're good at Kazumi.

I'm still sticking to Leo and Devil Jin though. Gotta pick them top tiers.
    Nationals coming up this weekend. Both of my hands are fucked up by carpal tunnel syndrome right now, but I'm still participating. Goal is as last time: make it out of pools and beat one of the local big dogs, with the pipe dream of making top 8. Gonna be interesting.
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 500
    edited August 15
    I need to start playing this game more. Got to warrior rank almost a month ago within 77 matches. So many ppl try to korean back dash but their fundamental game is horrible.

@SnakeofNinjutsu Some people are just doing it to practice it in match. I don't agree with KBDC all the way to the end of the screen, but a couple is ok to practice mid match. Even if your movement isn't very good yet. You're not gonna get better at anything in the game if you don't practice it.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    Think I'll give Leo some more love in training later
    there are plenty of chars i would like to play but i am not ready for it.
    right now i am in a state where i am comfortable with my pick and i can start to learn matchups during fights instead to focus on what i am actually doing with my char.
  • CathraoCathrao Police brutality~ Joined: Posts: 596
    right now i am in a state where i am comfortable with my pick and i can start to learn matchups during fights instead to focus on what i am actually doing with my char.
    I'm happy about getting there myself, with one exception; backturned moveset. That stuff still feels so unfamiliar to me, coming from SF. Not nearly as alien as some weeks ago, but I'm still always nervous about using that stuff actively in matches, or tend to get very repetitive with it.

At least both Lili and Feng force me to use it. A bit of a furtunate coincidence, really.

Still bothers me we haven't gotten to play proper yet. Don't think I forgot about you. :) Got a big vacation coming, so I'll be on the lookout for you! As well as anyone else up for games. Really hope I'll be able to catch you online, guys.
    Nationals coming up this weekend. Both of my hands are fucked up by carpal tunnel syndrome right now, but I'm still participating. Goal is as last time: make it out of pools and beat one of the local big dogs, with the pipe dream of making top 8. Gonna be interesting.
    Good luck over there! And be careful with that carpal; stuff's not to be underestimated.

I still remember how the release of Diablo 3 strained my mouse hand. I was legit worried it became permanent, since I had it for weeks after, doing practically nothing with the hand and just watching streams and youtube at the PC.
    Steam/CFN ID: Cathrao | SFV: Akuma/Menat | T7: Lili/Feng
    edited August 16
    When things are clicking in this game, it's a beautiful thing, and it feels great .

Played a Leo where I lost game 1 3-1 rounds with my kazumi.

Told myself "you're losing at medium range".
    Next game, I didn't push any buttons at medium range , spaced it out until I got up close and that's when I started pressuring and it worked. When I was in medium range , I spaced out farther and just looked for whiff punishing opportunities, ended up taking the next two games . If you're good at footsies in 2D games, I feel like it carries over to tekken when you're mainly trying to play a spacing game...all about standing at optimal ranges of your character and protecting that space .

Currently feeling that When Playing a straight forward character, there are less variables, I think it's easier to isolate a problem .
    Post edited by evilj on
    Green Karin.
    Cathrao wrote: »
    I'm happy about getting there myself, with one exception; backturned moveset. That stuff still feels so unfamiliar to me, coming from SF. Not nearly as alien as some weeks ago, but I'm still always nervous about using that stuff actively in matches, or tend to get very repetitive with it.

At least both Lili and Feng force me to use it. A bit of a furtunate coincidence, really.

Still bothers me we haven't gotten to play proper yet. Don't think I forgot about you. :) Got a big vacation coming, so I'll be on the lookout for you! As well as anyone else up for games. Really hope I'll be able to catch you online, guys.
    i am fine with them but i should incoorporate them more in my gameplay. its more of a very situational thing for me.
    but that goes for a bunch of stuff...at least i know what he can do so i can focus on my opponent.

what i notice is that my movement is way to linear. to sidestepping or walking to avoid moves is something i have to remember myself
    alot during longer sessions...but i guess it comes with time. i am not in a rush to learn the game, i have time.
    the same goes for matchup knowledge. i dont know why people pressure themself so much after only 2 month, thinking they should know all of em already.
    i am not a tournament player, i of course want to get better at the game but i have no time pressure to do so, and the game is only out for 2 month with many
    years to come before t8 or a tag game might replace it.

feel free to hit me up when you wanna play and see me online.
    with so "many" pc players in europe i thought about making some little tourney series in the future but lets see first how many people will really stick to the game first.
    edited August 18
    just made destroyer rank with heihachi
    now the arduous process must be gone through with devil jin once i have both of them at destroyer then I can make a push for savior

shit was rough cause earlier I got demoted a few down to juggernaut ( I hate forgotten temple lmfao you get stupid ass damage and some messed oki
    my opponent capitalized on this and got promoed
    asuka is a rough matchup for me
    but I ran into a raven promoed back to usuper with him got vanquisher from another asuka and then ran into a vanquisher lee and got the destroyer from him
    im gonna play my friend tonight in a session and see if I can prepare for offline comp
    when you get people to stop pressing buttons and they are weary of db2 qcf2 with hei at tip range is free
    you just have to move well enough to project your other options including EWGF and jabs to stuff speeded up approaches
    Post edited by p.m novaroad pilot on
    edited August 18
    not tekken7 related but i dont want to make a own thread for it.

it seems there will be a tekken mobile game coming out soon.

when you prereg on the website it seems to unlock some things, the more people reg.
    https://www.tekken-mobile.com/de

Canadians can test it out already
    http://gematsu.com/2017/08/tekken-mobile-announced-ios-android
    Post edited by appomo on
  • PhinxPhinx Joined: Posts: 123
    I saw that. Kind of hoping they turn it into an expansion like Tekken 7 to Fr. It'd be great to have some veterans return with those stages. Which actually look pretty cool.
    edited August 18
    Phinx wrote: »
    I saw that. Kind of hoping they turn it into an expansion like Tekken 7 to Fr. It'd be great to have some veterans return with those stages. Which actually look pretty cool.

it will have over 100 chars.
    i doubt it will have anything shared with t7 and is its unique thing.
    casuals might like it...

gameplay video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=537&v=IBg3QfWnJc4
    edited 12:41AM
    This game is so fucking sick.
    Yesterday I got my ass whopped out of vindicator on both PC and PS4, I didn't know what to do at all. That Jack and Dragunov kicked me back to Vanguard in a deathmatch.

Today I come online and was finally able to piece some shit together. Opponent was a Josie that was using like 10-12 moves regularly (throws, strings, single pokes etc.) and after losing the first match I was finally able to fucking play the game.
    I play Paul and when I noticed that the dude jabs every fucking time I use df+1,b (quick poke into backsway which is +2 or 3 on block), I just let the sway rock instead of hitting my roundhouse kick and punished that jab with my launcher.
    So then the dude started hitting random buttons and I lost a couple of rounds because of that and because I noticed this and asked myself what I can do against it, I just used f,f+2;1 to punish that shit, or use my magic 4 preemptively to get counter hits into combos (when I didn't drop it because that's hella hard with Paul especially online).
    Next move he loved to use was a 2-string which started mid and seemingly ended high. Let me see if I can duck this and hell yeah shit worked.
    Blocked 1,2 or magic 4? My turn, prepare your anus!

So after I took away all these tools from him and noticed how desperate and confused he was I just started going ham with low pokes from crouch dash and mixing it up with deathfists, dash up demo mans, all that shit.

Series ended something like 20-5 (not sure) with him getting demoted twice and I'm back at vindicator.

This game is so fucking sick and such an nice ride. This series just cemented in my mind that knowledge is everything in this game, if you're just starting out. You can suck donkey balls like me and not be able to do a combo that does more than 50 damage, but if you know the situations and practiced how to deal with them, you'll fucking beat everyone into a pulp. The reward for the easiest combos is so fucking high, that if you make people pay for 3 mistakes in a match, you're the man.

It's so much fun kicking somebodies ass though that checking out frame data and creating favorable scenarios in practice mode, can be a lot more fun than a chore. Biggest problem is the variety of characters you fight in ranked matches and that your practice, because of that, doesn't immediately pay off.
    Sadly Namco doesn't see shit this way but luckily I got Tekken Bot, lol.

Sorry for that blogpost but when I'm high on adrenaline, I start to get really chatty.