Tekken 7 Discussion

Comments

• appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,360
    Froztey wrote: »
    I'm actually having a hard time finding the info I need on Tekken 7, Zaibatsu is a mess

what do you seek?
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,531
    Dunno if it's practical or anything, but it seems like that if you block a 1 from Bob, you can always just hold df for an automatic low parry.
    If he mixes his jab strings up with lows, you get a parry if he doesn't nothing happens.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,430 mod
    appomo wrote: »
    I'm actually having a hard time finding the info I need on Tekken 7, Zaibatsu is a mess

what do you seek?

As much Lili info as I can find, I'm piecing together a gameplan myself because hell that's half the fun. But some general nuances for her normals in what they do would go a long way. YouTube guides are STUPIDLY vague and only cover entry level stuff like "this is a button, this a button as well, this is an easy combo to use"
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • CathraoCathrao Police brutality Joined: Posts: 645
    edited June 27

what do you seek?

As much Lili info as I can find, I'm piecing together a gameplan myself because hell that's half the fun. But some general nuances for her normals in what they do would go a long way. YouTube guides are STUPIDLY vague and only cover entry level stuff like "this is a button, this a button as well, this is an easy combo to use"
    I know, right? I struggle with that stuff myself. Just gave up and trying to figure it all out myself.

Also, up for a Lili mirror tonight or in the coming days? We could try to brainstorm together inbetween matches. :bee:
    Steam ID: Cathrao | T7: Lili/Feng
    Larthy wrote: »

what do you seek?

I know, right? I struggle with that stuff myself. Just gave up and trying to figure it all out myself.

Also, up for a Lili mirror tonight or in the coming days? We could try to brainstorm together inbetween matches. :bee:

Depends if you like losing

:bee:
    YouTube
    Twitch
    Let me in too. I can body you both in between mirrors.
    Sounds good! I'm used to losing anyway. :rofl:

Gotta learn somehow, right?
    That's the point. We gotta learn to punish that crap! Wanna see if I can tackle it yet, spent some lab time trying to find solutions to his most used tools. Like a week ago...hope I didn't forget...

Regardless, I won't rest until I start beating his ass!
    Nah I don't think I'll fall for the deathfist gimmicks as much now, I've been grinding movement for about a week now. Should go better. Demoman can eat a dick though, fuck you Art.
    YouTube
    Twitch
    I'll spam you both on Steam once I get home. See you then. :)
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,173
    Hey if you make a lobby later let me in too, I wanna show you my sick 44444444444 combos with Kat.
    Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal

SFV: Laura, R. Mika, Juri, Chun-Li
    GG Rev2: Baiken, Jack-O
    T7: Katarina, Master Raven
    BB CF: Nine

>>> My Top 10 Waifu list <<<
    This gonna be cute
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,402
    If I'm done with the excel bullshit I'm doing in time, I can join you guys on Steam and drop all of my electrics as usual.
    I noticed something weird I didn't see anywhere being documented.
    But apparently Paul gets a different kind of 2 when I press u+2. Not a jump attack or anything but the hit effect sounds differently and it turns the opponent around a little bit.
    If you use it a couple of time you can spin the dummy around by 360 degrees.

Is that a universal thing or just specific to Paul and does it have different frame data from regular 2?
    edited June 27
    Universal, the backhand? I had it on Bryan and Lars. No idea what it's meant for. Some characters have unique command normals in place of them, Lili has a stepping counter move for instance.
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,727
    Counter-hit Phoenix Smasher. Maybe 20% damage if you want to be generous.

What is this sorcery? Some hidden damage reduction mechanic I didn't know existed?
    I suck dicks at fighting games.

I also suck dicks. I don't think these two facts are related.
  • LightzLightz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Joined: Posts: 1,236
    My save file got corrupted and now everything got reset, including online rank.

Well fuck.
    I don't care
    Online rank is tied to local save? Dafuq
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • LightzLightz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Joined: Posts: 1,236
    I don't know, when I went to Online when this happened, it said "Online data is corrupted" and then it reset.
    I don't care
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 4,107
    edited June 27
    Dunno if it's practical or anything, but it seems like that if you block a 1 from Bob, you can always just hold df for an automatic low parry.
    If he mixes his jab strings up with lows, you get a parry if he doesn't nothing happens.

You can do this for most characters
    You can tap df and still have time to block high for certain strings or frame advantage
    Kind of an option select but not exactly
    Of course doesn't work for everything but if you have good matchup knowledge you can eliminate some of their options
    Naeras wrote: »
    Lars' gameplan in Tag 2 was quite open, but most people rushed in with him to land a CH d/f2 (which was a CH-launcher back then) or to set up a sidestep -> arc blast. In T7 I feel he's mostly about annoying people into pushing a bad button that you can whiff punish. He's a lot less common of a character now (he was EVERYWHERE in Tag 2) since that gameplan takes more effort to execute, and since he was arguably the best non-Mishima in Tag 2 too. The tier whores went to Dragunov instead in T7.
    Playing aggressive random players all this time made me terrible at spacing in Tekken now.
    I feel like an Iron Sheik victim.

Pick a character with a super long range whiff punisher, and backdash / sidewalk all day. Now you still get to whiff punish shit.

He plays jack
    Plenty of long range whiff punishers
    I think he means playing aggressive random players made him forget to focus on movement since playing those players it's real easy for the match to turn into a match of just taking turns in each other's face
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 1,046
    If they're smart catch on, they can just tag you with mids.

Look into ducking the second hit of his b2244 string tho.
    T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ^fucking hell.

That is a really, really basic bitch.
    Why even play tekken?
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • YannickYannick Max Range Panta Rhei Joined: Posts: 4,467
    Seems like a joke post, no?
    The Sunset Studio // Destiny: Rise of Iron, Fighters, Development, Mechanics, Strategy, Media.
    Yannick wrote: »
    Seems like a joke post, no?

You'd be surprised
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,311
    Tekken even got me slamming a table and I'm chill as fuck
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • Mr_BladeMr_Blade Joined: Posts: 283
    Kuma is fucking cancer. I don't know who's worth between Lucky Chloe and him
    Mary for Street Fighter V

My Blog:http://darkonyxe.blogspot.com/
  • ZacZac ya Joined: Posts: 83
    Neclord wrote: »
    AHqgJIl4rIWUn2cz8POIj7b2UomZ33yJErLkWh0cIjk.jpg?w=392&s=5d739731e01050df83e72f54f6007ff5

lmfao
    edited June 28
    jack makes me so salty
    easiest long range launcher
    easiest long range low poke
    easy combo conversion
    shit ton of throw options
    db2 guaranteed after ff1
    FUUUUCK

Post edited by itzpookiie on
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Any unga spamming retards here? What do you do when Xiaoyu goes into Phoenix? In T5DR with Bruce I would b+2 that shit for a 50% health CH combo but in T7 I might get an u/f+3 combo if my opponent waits a bit. Nowhere near as satisfying as b+2. Nothing is, now that I think on it.
    edited June 28
    Josie is really hard to contain , she forces mix-up scenarios on block if you don't manage to duck her string so she can fuck shit up at lower levels.
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Mr_Blade wrote: »
    Kuma is fucking cancer. I don't know who's worth between Lucky Chloe and him

Bears are the truth...git gud bud.
    Green Karin.
  • DiasFoxDiasFox The Sleepy Fox Joined: Posts: 482
    That person needs anger management or just stop playing Fighting Games in general. Clearly he is not meant to play the game. lol
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,584
    tekken zaibatsu had more archived info before the site went through a major crash
    alot of info including tournament results was lost
    alot of players left around then

more so in tekken you learn the mechanics then its off to youtube with you to watch video tutorials
    most of the tech with characters can be back dated to earlier tekkens because mostly aside from a few things the frame data and the gameplan doesnt change that much. visually its easy to tell the buttons use if you couple that with the frame data.
    all you need to know is if it crushes things
    lili doesnt have alot that you need to know that you cant get a read on visually
    matterhorn dodges alot of stuff including some mids
    alot of highs and some lows.
    shes very vunerable to sidestep.
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,143
    Zac wrote: »
    Neclord wrote: »
    AHqgJIl4rIWUn2cz8POIj7b2UomZ33yJErLkWh0cIjk.jpg?w=392&s=5d739731e01050df83e72f54f6007ff5

lmfao

rofl
    this guy can't be serious lol

www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    Looks like an ironic LTG humour post. Or it's actually LTG, tone is super similar
    YouTube
    Twitch
    Looks like an ironic LTG humour post. Or it's actually LTG, tone is super similar

Missing pieces for being an LTG post:

Cuck, drones, that gene, bbc.
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,823
    sounds like something Art Vandelay would post

Oh.......

:3