Tekken 7 Discussion

Comments

• appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,364
    edited September 24
    Naeras wrote: »
    Yuri_AcTN wrote: »

Same combo, different damage output.

Wall damage is weird. I believe hitting people slightly later in the wallsplat-state will yield different scaling, but I'm not quite sure how that works.

jepp, thats it.
    hitting them later gains you 60% scaling while when you do it earlyer it depends on the lenght of previous combo.
    in his video it was 27% and the "good" delayed version got 60%

did a test with xiao doing a simple wall splat with uf3 to launch, 1 to get the wall splat and then db1 for the final hit on the wall.
    doing it instantly will get the db1 a 46% scalling, waiting till both feeds of the opponent touch the ground lead to the 60% scaling
    while it still registered as a combo.
    thats just for me a visuall clue , dont know if you can do it earlyer to gain the 60 but thats what i observerd.
    in the video you feel a little delay on the stronger version too.

its a interesting find/info...lets see what feng gets out of it :)
    edit: jepp, same with the wallsplat 1,3 to shoulder.
    waiting a bit grants the last shoulder to get 60% while doing it quick and the opponent is higher it scales more.
    Post edited by appomo on
    AceKombat wrote: »

Tekken is about to start (SCR 2017).

Edit: Taking a long while since Injustice 2 still running.

its live now, thx for the info!
    welp, seems the supposed to be shown trailer news was "fake".
    but hey...we got some free cards :)

@LiangHuBBB
    how is your josie doing?
  • jey-arejey-are Intermediate Noob Joined: Posts: 100
    edited September 27
    Last night I experienced 2 "first time" things in Tekken 7.

1. I finally hit green ranks.

Moral victory, for me anyways. I don't get many chances to play, my personal life demands a lot of my time, so for me I was stoked. So thanks to @appomo for compiling and making a post full of guides and tutorials. I think it's starting to pay off.

2. Had my first plugger.

I've been fortunate enough to not run into any of them till last night. I don't think they had any disconnect percentage either. Wish they would bring back the names (in ranked search) so we could avoid people like that.

Either way, wasn't too surprised. They were very rhythmic with their strings. Too telegraphic. Ever hear that saying "the definition of Insanity is doing the same thing expecting the different results"? So thanks again @appomo
    Post edited by jey-are on
    -Psn ID: JxRx420
    -Instagram: jeyrizzy
    -Usually plays Tekken.
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,584
    edited September 27
    you ever have a session where you are doing better with your secondary then your main?
    cause I experienced it and im happy but irritated.

point being ive been playing rough the past few weeks when ive had time to play
    because of real life stuff i missed the tournament (good reasons and priorities dictated it)

anyways ive had 3 destroyer ranked people devil jin, heihachi and akuma. ive been trying to get devil jin (whos my main) to savior rank.

its been rough finding people who will play for more than 1 game if I figure them out and running into byakkos, genbus and other peeps using their subs who been giving me that work lmfao...

anyways I got demoted all way down to usuper with him.
    and it took forever for me to get my destroyer rank with him back i get back late sometimes so finding matches has been rough
    regardless i got it back with him a few days ago.

after watching the mainman play heihachi i figured eh ill play a session with him instead I can play him i knew it was late and the chances of finding someone to deathmatch with were slim. But I figure ill just play him for fun. I ran into a destroyer eliza.

it only took 30 mins, a freaking episode of Seinfeld.
    and I got savior rank.
    :/
    I want it with devil jin so the grind continues
    then akuma
    then Ill go for overlord

offline session tonight
    ill get to play tekken with some good players with marvel as well and gundam versus later on this week
    good time to take a break.
  • BeikedGoodsBeikedGoods Joined: Posts: 15
    Anyone have input on who the more rewarding Mishima is? I've taken up Jin as my main and he's just one of my favourite characters but Kazuya and Heihachi seem a little more balanced in terms of their moveset, and their damage output seems higher, as well (especially Kazuya jesus christ). Am I missing something with Jin? Just asking before I sink more hours into him.
  • BeikedGoodsBeikedGoods Joined: Posts: 15
    you ever have a session where you are doing better with your secondary then your main?

because of real life stuff i missed the tournament (good reasons and priorities dictated it)

anyways ive had 3 destroyer ranked people devil jin, heihachi and akuma. ive been trying to get devil jin (whos my main) to savior rank.

its been rough finding people who will play for more than 1 game if I figure them out and running into byakkos, genbus and other peeps using their subs who been giving me that work lmfao...

and it took forever for me to get my destroyer rank with him back i get back late sometimes so finding matches has been rough

after watching the mainman play heihachi i figured eh ill play a session with him instead I can play him i knew it was late and the chances of finding someone to deathmatch with were slim. But I figure ill just play him for fun. I ran into a destroyer eliza.

and I got savior rank.
    then akuma
    then Ill go for overlord

offline session tonight
    ill get to play tekken with some good players with marvel as well and gundam versus later on this week

What's hilarious is JDCR is often said to be a Heihachi main and is known for his performance with Mishimas and yet he still only plays Dragunov when he wants to dominate (i.e. win tournaments). He often starts sets with Heihachi and then kicks it into Dragun-overdrive (awful pun) if he loses the first match. I think sometimes we have to settle for who we play best. I personally wish I was good with Yoshi but I just didn't feel him as much as I do Jin.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,403
    Anyone have input on who the more rewarding Mishima is? I've taken up Jin as my main and he's just one of my favourite characters but Kazuya and Heihachi seem a little more balanced in terms of their moveset, and their damage output seems higher, as well (especially Kazuya jesus christ). Am I missing something with Jin? Just asking before I sink more hours into him.

First off: if you like Jin better than the other Mishimas, play Jin. All the Mishimas are good and rewarding, it's mostly a matter of finding the one you enjoy playing the most.
    With that being said: if I were to rank the Mishima's by strength, it'd be Devil Jin > Jin > Kazuya > Heihachi.

Devil Jin played perfectly might be the most well-rounded character in the game along with Leo. Can be played in almost any way you can think of with success. Does huge damage and is super safe, while at the same time having incredibly strong mixups (his hellsweep is fucking nuts and his mids are great) and some gimmicks that can occasionally catch people off-guard, or even kill people outright if they don't know how to deal with them. Biggest issue with learning him, imo, is that his proper WS2-combos are stupidly difficult, so you better have your execution in order if you want more than ~45 damage from blocking power-lows.

Jin is also an incredibly well-rounded character, and is easier to play than the other three because of how well he functions without having to resort to his Mishima-tools. His parry utilized well can completely screw the risk-reward of certain moves too, letting him launch stuff other characters can't, though that requires extensive matchup knowledge. His block punishment is sometimes awkward because he's got T-rex arms on his best punishers, and he doesn't hit quite as hard as the other Mishimas on a launch, but that's really his only weaknesses.

Kazuya has a special place in my heart as a character, but be warned: this guy might be the hardest character to get wins with in Tekken 7. He's got one of the worst poking games out of any character, so he has to compensate for that in other ways, notably through using movement and more EWGFs than any other character. His block punishment is also the best in the game on paper, but it's hard to utilize perfectly since, again, you need to use EWGFs to launch standing moves. His wall combos are completely nuts and his wall carry is really good, though his midscreen damage is only a bit above average. His mixup game is terrifying if you manage to sniff out an opening too, but his offense is overall quite risky. Getting the most out Kaz requires a lot of patience, but he also forces you to play very compact and solid, which are good things to learn.

Hei has huge damage on his BnBs, really powerful CH-mids and beastly space control. He has a lot of "just do it"-moves that are reasonably safe to throw out for huge reward. His lows are however worse than the other three Mishimas, as is his WS-punishment since he lacks a conventional WS-launcher. If you like big, beefy damage, and like to be more liberal with your button presses than Kaz and DJin, he's probably your guy though.
    edited September 27

and I got savior rank.
    then akuma
    then Ill go for overlord

offline session tonight

What's hilarious is JDCR is often said to be a Heihachi main and is known for his performance with Mishimas and yet he still only plays Dragunov when he wants to dominate (i.e. win tournaments). He often starts sets with Heihachi and then kicks it into Dragun-overdrive (awful pun) if he loses the first match. I think sometimes we have to settle for who we play best. I personally wish I was good with Yoshi but I just didn't feel him as much as I do Jin.

yeah jdcrs plays hei if he feels his execution is really good or he feels he can beat the person without it
    i think hes switched from drag to heihachi once against speed kicks to beat him.
    drag is usually the carrier though. jack who jdcr is gonna have to face every tournament just punishes hei too much if he blocks any one of his lows. i still think the match up is even though

I will get to savior with him (devil Jin)
    I have too hes taken me farther in tournament then hei. my best/favorite victories and upsets were with him. Every time when the other mishimas were being dumb with me hes clutched out stuff for me. we been through so much and hes my favorite character in the series... I think its akin to a batting slump but im picking it back up a little. like Naeras said for kazuya, devil jin has a high amount of significance for me.
  • sonic_lightningsonic_lightning Joined: Posts: 18
    edited September 28

Actually JDCR uses Heihachi a lot. In VSl1 in Korea, except in the finals, all he uses is Heihachi. At Tekken Collision, he uses Heihachi and beat Saint in the grand finals with Heihachi. Few weeks ago, he beat Caiper 3-0 in the finals with Heihachi. But in the next tournament that they faced off, he uses Dragunov against Caiper. He probably did that to caught Caiper off guard. Against Nobi, JDCR always uses Heihachi. JDCR using Heihachi not only depends on how he feel with his execution, it also depends on the character that he is facing. For example against a Ling, he always uses Heihachi. In one of their matches, JDCR uses Heihachi against the strong Korean Akuma user Goraebob. Against the Euro and USA Akuma users, he pick Dragunov.

Post edited by sonic_lightning on
    edited September 28

"TEKKEN7 will be updated soon
    Bug fixes. Loading time on Quick / Ranked match was longer Loading of the stage will be a little faster. etc..."

• DiasFoxDiasFox The Sleepy Fox Joined: Posts: 482
    Yes, more fixing on loading time needed. :joy:
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,532
    Sounds like a good patch. Hoping for rematch button in lobbies too, but usually you only get what Harada tweets xD
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • jey-arejey-are Intermediate Noob Joined: Posts: 100
    I'm hoping names in ranked and disconnect ratings are more accurate. Pluggers keeping a win streak is plain BS too.
    -Psn ID: JxRx420
    -Instagram: jeyrizzy
    -Usually plays Tekken.
  • CathraoCathrao Police brutality Joined: Posts: 645
    Liking how they keep tinkering with the engine and provide post-release support as they learn. :)

Gotta admit; it's a...refreshing feeling. Forgot how that felt.
    Steam ID: Cathrao | T7: Lili/Feng
    Had a good, long set with a Norwegian Josie-player yesterday. He destroyed me the first couple of games because I didn't know Josie's strings, then I managed to sniff out how they worked and suddenly we were dead even. He also never blocked low; he did punish a bunch of my lows by low parrying on wake-up, which is pretty silly since he's playing one of the best block punishment characters in the game. His movement was straight better than me though and he had some really funky gimmicks (SWI 2 -> hopkick blew me up every time lol), and pretty much every single move in Josie's arsenal is a CH-launcher it seems. Butterfly Edge is also straight bullshit. I managed to trick him into either whiffing at predictable times or running into my d/f2 a bunch of times in return, and I kinda exploded him whenever I got the wall.

Fun set. Good to see more players around my level in Norway.
    The Fall Classic 2017 - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
    A Tekken World Tour MASTER EVENT Americas Region
    Pool Assignments Link
    Notables:
    A1: JDCR
    A2: Rip
    A3: Brawlpro
    A4:
    B1: Joey Fury
    B2: Pokchop
    B3: Jody Tha Great
    B4: jimmyjtran (Mr. Naps)
    C1: Speedkicks
    C2: Trungy
    C3: Victim_of_Ritual, Rick Tha Ruler
    C4: P. Ling
    D1: Spero Gin
    D2: AceUnlimited, Oni Jin, Reno Face
    D3: Obscure
    D4: Saint
    Stream:
    edited September 29
    SEPTEMBER 29, 2017
    Patch 1.08 notes

Improved modes related to ONLINE
    Opponent’s “area information” and “language” is now shown in RANKED MATCH and QUICK MATCH.
    Win record will no longer be displayed before the start of PLAYER MATCH.
    To improve matches in ONLINE TOURNAMENT, deleted the selection of maximum participants on the page of creating and searching for online tournaments.

Ultimate TEKKEN BOWL improvements

Character voice will be played when throwing a ball.
    Adjusted the speed of various gauges when throwing a ball.
    Adjusted the camera for when a player gets a STRIKE.

Issues with certain characters fixed

Issue of the tattoo on Katarina’s stomach disappearing when wearing specific costumes has been fixed
    Improved game stability
    Improved the stability of Online modes, Ultimate TEKKEN BOWL, actions during battle in certain stages, Character Customization, etc.

Source:http://eu.tekken.com/#!/en/news/patch-1-08-notes
    285,7MB on PC

no more italian and spain people for me :party:
    i will avoid the shit out of em due to the connection issues to these countrys! :coffee:
    hmm, i might be wrong but when its the same country info which you see in the vs screen then its not based
    on the region someone life, its the language he picked. :pensive:
    [ FGC Fridays 09.29.17 ] Tekken Tourney GrandFinals LEGION.Hapon Vs PBE|AK

edited October 1
    Got back from the team tournament now. Went 0-2 in teams, largely due to matchup-inexperience against one of the best Eddy players and one of the best Yoshi players in Norway. The casuals afterwards were really fun though, and I managed to take games off of people I previously have had no chance against. Nice to see progress.

Learning the matchups against Eddy, Xiaoyu and Yoshi are definitely one of my biggest priorities going forward. All those three are pretty popular here, so it's going to be a roadblock unless I understand how to beat them.
    Naeras wrote: »
    Got back from the team tournament now. Went 0-2 in teams, largely due to matchup-inexperience against one of the best Eddy players and one of the best Yoshi players in Norway. The casuals afterwards were really fun though, and I managed to take games off of people I previously have had no chance against. Nice to see progress.

Learning the matchups against Eddy, Xiaoyu and Yoshi are definitely one of my biggest priorities going forward. All those three are pretty popular here, so it's going to be a roadblock unless I understand how to beat them.
    Good stuff! Quite the blessing too; being exposed to good Eddy/Yoshi players. :) With how free they make me look, I'd certainly welcome it myself, lol.

Still pissed at a friend of mine, who wanted to main Xiaoyu, played the game once, against me, then proceeded to never bother again. Not someone who's scared of fighting games either, not at all. Just got too comfy with not sucking in those games, not wanting to be a newbie in yet another franchise. Sigh, there goes that matchup gold mine.
    hey thats interesting and im thinking
    we should all list the most popular characters in our area the ones you gotta learn the matchup for. or the ones that you will see in tournament

I know for me its jack and our best player uses mishimas so you have to learn those matchups.
    law is another one i gotta sit down with

made savior with akuma
    now just devil jin left and then onto overlord
    edited October 3
    We have a lot of Eddy (unsurprising), Xiaoyu (not all that surprising) and Yoshimitsu (surprising), so I need to be prepared for those. Dragunov, Feng and the Mishimas all have several good players behind them too, but I do a lot better against those than against the more unorthodox characters. Dragunov is pretty straightforward, and I've played Feng and Mishimas enough to know how to deal with them.

There's also players with one character that are likely to give me trouble, in particular Lee, Miguel, Law and Hwoarang, but that's just one player each. Furthermore, those guys aren't beating me mainly because I don't know the matchup, they're just better players than me currently, so learning the MU isn't quite as high a priority yet.

I still think it's a pretty huge advantage for me that nobody else plays Leo around here, even though everyone acknowledges that she's incredibly strong. I don't feel I mostly win based on people being inexperienced against her, but the rounds where I get the wall against someone who doesn't know how to deal with her wall game often end in fireworks, which can very easily make the difference in a tournament.
    i had a xiaoyu player who unfortunately didnt sticked to the game even tho he said he likes it. learned to play very patient against her and to hopkick her backturn stand...thats it... :(
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 1,046
    Feng b4 smokes Ling tho
    T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
    edited October 5
    Man, I'm bad against lows. Had a friend play Kazuya, ate every single hellsweep. So we focused on that a little more, but despite him spamming it half the time for the sake of practice, for like 10 matches straight, I still couldn't predict or react to a single one. Sure, he's pretty good with hiding the dash beforehand, but...

...is there any rule of thumb I'm not getting? Some secret Discord tech? Or do I just have the reactions of a sloth zombie? :lol:
    You can't react to hell sweeps generally when facing a Mishima you have to predict humans don't react you have to follow his movements...And pick up on habits.
    You can react to the crouch dash motion but they have so many options like instant while standing moves, Electrics, command grabs, hellsweep and ff moves. If they hit the brakes they can cancel into other moves.
    You can react to the crouch dash motion but they have so many options like instant while standing moves, Electrics, command grabs, hellsweep and ff moves. If they hit the brakes they can cancel into other moves.
    Yeah, that's what he told me too. I can't imagine tackling all those options anytime soon, when the hellsweep alone gives me so much trouble. Will be a rough learning experience for sure.

Thanks for the wise words.
    edited October 5
    If he's going in at predictable timings you can often just snipe him on the way in with a mid-hitting keepout-move (mid-hitting to ensure he doesn't crush your high with a hellsweep or something). This does mean pre-empting them entirely, so you might get whiff punished if they wavedash forward and then backdash/sidestep to bait out your move, but it means you avoid the mixup entirely if it works, and get rewarded with some (often decent) damage.

You can also sidewalk to your left in anticipation to avoid most of the wavedash-options, which also gives you a whiff punish.
    Post edited by Naeras on
    This Weekend 10/7-8 TWFighter Major Schedule & Brackets ft JDCR Saint Knee qudans NOROMA AK & more

10/7-8 TaiwanFighter Major 2017
    http://twfmajor.com/
    Stream:
    Bracket CST UTC+8 UTC PDT UTC-7
    Pools Sat 1200-1400 Sat 0400-0600 10/6 Fri 9p-11p
    Top8 Sat 1400-1500 Sat 0600-0700 10/6 Fri 11p-12a
    Top4 Sun 1400-1600 Sun 0600-0800 10/7 Sat 11p-1a
    Brackets & Notables:
    Group A
    Saint, Jeondding, OKAY, Pekos, Doujin
    Group B
    NOROMA, Tsubumi, Dimeback, OKATY, kkokkoma
    Group C
    JDCR, Lili Man, qudans, Book
    Group D
    Knee, AK, Chanel, Kurokuro
    Cathrao wrote: »
    Yeah, that's what he told me too. I can't imagine tackling all those options anytime soon, when the hellsweep alone gives me so much trouble. Will be a rough learning experience for sure.

Thanks for the wise words.
    Yeah nobody blocks hellsweeps on reaction, they block them by anticipating them.

Sidestep left and sidewalk left gives Kazuya trouble however. His homing move punches are unsafe, too.

Both Hei and DJ can be stepped in the same direction as Kaz, although they're not as linear.
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,532
    Duke du H'ardcore wants to have a word with you filthy casuals:

CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • Yuri_AcTNYuri_AcTN All the best things are collectives. Joined: Posts: 1,166
    Accidentally found out that Xiaoyu can combo So Shoe Me (f2+3) into another throw when the opponent's back is against the wall, thus giving me 65 damage as a result. I wouldn't expect that to even work.
    Accidentally found out that Xiaoyu can combo So Shoe Me (f2+3) into another throw when the opponent's back is against the wall, thus giving me 65 damage as a result. I wouldn't expect that to even work.
    The opponent can hold down after the throw to avoid any guaranteed follow-ups.
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
  • Yuri_AcTNYuri_AcTN All the best things are collectives. Joined: Posts: 1,166
    Da Stunna wrote: »
    The opponent can hold down after the throw to avoid any guaranteed follow-ups.

Ah, didn't know there were an option for that. This just makes f2+3 kinda useless, it seems.
  • DJBLKKZAND94DJBLKKZAND94 DJ/Fighter/Scratcher and Killer Joined: Posts: 437

Walls can be thugs aswell...
    PSN:DJBLKKZAND514
    XBL:IRONKRUSH514
    STEAM:DJBLKKZANDO514
    ⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓘⓟⓩⓘⓘⓘⓘⓟⓩⓟⓟⓩⓟⓩⓩⓟⓗⓩⓩⓨ
    "Everybody love him"
    -Joey Bada$$:Unorthodox
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
    >practice ewgf for 20 minutes on hitbox, fail miserably
    >try to use keyboard, do 5 in a row on both sides on my first try

Wtf