Tekken 7 Discussion

Comments

• eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Interesting news from TWFighter.

Qudans (Best Tekken 5 Devil Jin ) sent JDCR to losers.

Saint got beat by Chanel and Doujin.

Top 4 is Qudans, Doujin, Chanel , JDCR for tomorrow.
    Green Karin.
  • VeggieVeggie Veggie Smash! Joined: Posts: 61
    edited October 7
    Naeras wrote: »
    Yuri_AcTN wrote: »

Same combo, different damage output.

Wall damage is weird. I believe hitting people slightly later in the wallsplat-state will yield different scaling, but I'm not quite sure how that works.

I know this is kinda a late reply but this is actually right. Hitting the opponent low enough against the wall changes the combo scaling to 60 percent instead of whatever it normally is. Example: if Leo uses b1,4~Knk~d/f 1+2 at the wall the 1+2 hits way late and gets 16 damage(60 percent) no matter how long the combo before it was.

Edit: Didn't see someone already said this. Whoops.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,403
    evilj wrote: »
    Interesting news from TWFighter.

Qudans (Best Tekken 5 Devil Jin ) sent JDCR to losers.

Saint got beat by Chanel and Doujin.

Top 4 is Qudans, Doujin, Chanel , JDCR for tomorrow.

Cheering for Qudans, that guy is so fun to watch.
    I believe he's a TTT EVO winner too?
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,531
    edited October 8
    Veggie wrote: »

Wall damage is weird. I believe hitting people slightly later in the wallsplat-state will yield different scaling, but I'm not quite sure how that works.

I know this is kinda a late reply but this is actually right. Hitting the opponent low enough against the wall changes the combo scaling to 60 percent instead of whatever it normally is. Example: if Leo uses b1,4~Knk~d/f 1+2 at the wall the 1+2 hits way late and gets 16 damage(60 percent) no matter how long the combo before it was.

It's all cool. Our thread is Hollywood now.
    You still competing in SF or are you all Tekken now?

lul nevermind that was Veggey.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • sonic_lightningsonic_lightning Joined: Posts: 18
    jdcr a Tekken beast among beast. He is just amazing.
  • VeggieVeggie Veggie Smash! Joined: Posts: 61

Nah that's definitely not me, I suck at SF.
    I actually had to look up who Veggey was.

I can answer that: he still travels for SFV-tourneys at times, even though he's hated the game from day 1:V He's okay-ish at Tekken but he doesn't really play it, can't be bothered learning all the strings and stuff iirc.
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,070
    edited October 9
    Qudans bring back memories <3

A bit off-topic, but I went ahead and ripped the headerless Sony ADPCM content from the Namco System 246 (Arcade) version of Tekken 4, which had some notable audio differences when comparing the PS2 version:

With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,143
    that was sick

www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,364
    edited October 10
    note to myself...try to avoid that stage :pensive::

since the game is out for a bunch of month and had several patches concerning the matchmaking infos and stuff.
    how is your online experience?

i must say that with the newest update where you can see the country infos (when people dont change theire language)
    my experience really got better. it wasnt bad before but since i can now kind of filter out bad connections due to that info manually it
    turned out into a really solid experience with little to no frustration.

• CathraoCathrao Police brutality Joined: Posts: 645
    appomo wrote: »
    since the game is out for a bunch of month and had several patches concerning the matchmaking infos and stuff.
    The only remaining frustration is the player factor; people leaving after a single game in Player matches and such stuff. But that's outside of Harada's jurisdiction. I'd say it's fine where it is, just need that rematch button for 1v1 lobbies and we're golden.

Finally got rid of that extra loading time you told me about some time back. Gotta say, I expected it to look uglier. Nice stuff.
    Steam ID: Cathrao | T7: Lili/Feng
    A rematch button, rank information shown in Quick Matches or at least being able to narrow the search parameters and match replays is all I want at this point.
    Bonus points for putting in more online modes like team battle and all the other shit that was in every other Tekken that costs them no additional money to put in, but greatly heightens the user experience.
    Cathrao wrote: »
    appomo wrote: »
    The only remaining frustration is the player factor; people leaving after a single game in Player matches and such stuff. But that's outside of Harada's jurisdiction. I'd say it's fine where it is, just need that rematch button for 1v1 lobbies and we're golden.

Finally got rid of that extra loading time you told me about some time back. Gotta say, I expected it to look uglier. Nice stuff.
    look uglier? it just skips the flame animation... :pensive:
    in player matches too? i guess its because of your char.
    i had not as much people who run away, denied rematches or quit than during my paul run.
    when people think your char is "cheap" jajaja ect they just move on instead to try to learn the matchup.
    but i guess everyone has some chars which he trys to avoid from time to time...

yeah,,,.really wonder when it will come in. i hope that at least with the geese patch we get that button.
    A rematch button, rank information shown in Quick Matches or at least being able to narrow the search parameters and match replays is all I want at this point.
    Bonus points for putting in more online modes like team battle and all the other shit that was in every other Tekken that costs them no additional money to put in, but greatly heightens the user experience.

yeah, they should have handled ranked and player matches seperately instead to change the system for both.
    first version with the list was actually a good think, just not fitting for ranked matches.

i doubt we will see new modes or things like replays...we will most likely get the season pass content and thats it.
    i wouldnt mind another season pass next year but with how bad it got received i am not even sure if the season pass itself sold
    well enough for them to consider it...which at the end is theire own fault.

i guess you have read it already but tekken7 managed to sell over 2million copys in the 4month since release.
    the pc sales are compared to the other fighting games not bad too so i hope this will lead to continued releases for it.
    Season pass is not over yet though. Might generate more interest with the 2 DLC packs coming up.
    Kinda losing faith though. Makes you really think what those Namcops are doing in their office trying to sell offline bowling for 14 bucks.
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 1,046
    I've barely played online, but I want match replays back and a first-to-two option (and first-to-three) for player match lobbies.
    T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
  • PhinxPhinx Joined: Posts: 127
    The season pass was really disappointing. At the start they were saying it'd be something new :(. Hopefully the DLC packs are a bit more generous. Some characters get so much more than others - costumes, hell even panels. Hopefully it's not just the story mode content. Which are already functional in game.

Considering the solid sales, (hopefully season pass too) & tekken mobile. I wish we could get another expansion akin to FR, BR etc. Legacy characters, modes, costumes, Tekken mobile stages or legacy stage remakes, decals & a more robust gradient wheel.
    This Weekend SEA MAJORS Tekken 7 2on2 Bracket - JDCR & Saint, AK & Doujin, Nobi & Yuu, KNEE & CHANEL & more

http://seam2017.challonge.com/t72v2
    JDCR, SAINT
    Tsubumi, Take
    AK, Doujin
    Nobi, Yuu
    Soyongdory, Malgu
    ZF, Meat
    Okay, LiLiMaN
    KNEE, CHANEL
    KUROKURO, Nishi
    Tanukana, KARI
    kkokkoma, qudans
    Book, Minit
    pekos, noroma
    LowHigh, Help me
    jeondding, dimeback

Schedules:
    https://beastapac.com/seam2017schedule/

The Team Tourney happens at the same time as the singles Top8.
    Stream to be determined.
    edited October 13
    Tried some Bryan yesterday.
    How people can claim this character is hard to pick up is seriously beyond me. Really fun to use though.
    How people can claim this character is hard to pick up is seriously beyond me. Really fun to use though.

the only hard part from what i heard is his taunt jet upper stuff....but beside of that i never heard someone claim that he is a hard to pick char overall...
    edited October 13

I see you're enjoying the safe orbitals over the missed electrics.

I been using King instead of Bryan. I love throws. I'm much more comfortable attempting a throw then putting a string of pokes together.

Started using Devil Jin too, always been my favorite despite my sub par execution.
    Green Karin.
    edited October 13
    Regarding Bryan's taunts , I've never once landed taunt b+4. Not even going to attempt taunt jet upper.

I can land taunt, 1,4 or 2,3. Df2+2, 1 is harder.

Just landed taunt f+2,1,4 for first time Today. Can do it probably 20 percent of the time.

Didn't know you can do taunt df+111until I saw the Naps vs jeon ding match , unless he just wasn't blocking.
    Green Karin.
    edited October 14
    Lol TMM released this video right now:

...almost everything he's mentioning here applies to Leo as well lol x_x
    Top 8 in Singapore

Low high vs Noroma
    Qudans vs JDCR

Jeon Ding vs Book
    Nobi vs Saint

This is kind of cool to me because Low High and Qudans are currently my favorite players to watch right now.

I also think they have the best Shaheen and Devil Jin respectively.

Book also seems to be the most consistent Jin and then of course you have Jeon Ding with consistent Chloe and Eddy.

JDCR and Saint are a given but you have Noroma who took out JDCR last time.
    Green Karin.
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 1,046
    Sway character so you're backdash cancel has to be absolutely flawless.
    T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
    edited October 14
    Da Stunna wrote: »
    Sway character so you're backdash cancel has to be absolutely flawless.

Sure, and that's one of the reasons I don't think he's an easy character. Jet upper block punishes are also fairly demanding. But he's pretty easy compared to the actual hard characters.

Also, since I play on hitbox, the backsways are kind of a non-issue for me. :p
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,713
    edited October 15
    I don't get this game. My Lars is fucking gutter trash tier no matter how much work I put into playing him (Just lost 0-3 (rounds) to a Miguel who literally only did this spinning jump kick into either a grab or poke. Had no clue what to do). While my Alisa gets to Vanguard after literally 10mins of practice (Lars is at Grand Master with 516 games played).

I really want to make him work but something about his gameplan doesn't suit me and I don't get what
    im pisssed /rant

EDIT: I got decked 0-3 by a Devil Jin who almost only used unblockables for fuck's sake
    What is like $2500 a month?
    Need to get used to sidestepping.
    Lose all shame in losing, and just experiment with shit thrown at you.
    Sidestep, sidewalk, backdash and all that shit. Try it when you run into moves that seem too good, because they probably are too good without lateral movement.
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,610
    edited October 15
    Harada responding with no tutorial because no one used them makes him come to the conclusion they aren't needed. Instead he should focus on why people didn't use them. When looking at TTT2 it was presented in a fun way but ultimately hardy gave the players any real knowledge how to REALLY play the game aside from familiarizing them with the mechanics, it didn't teach them anythiing about how this can help a player effectively. It doesn't help that Tekken has a bazillion mechanics and most of them are "hidden" aswell as massive movelists wher eyou can disregard literally 50%.

GG had a tutorial and it was presented in an extremely fun way aswell as extra challenges, people do use it there...

This is such a backwards step in improving FG's, especially in appealing to the casuals. IIt shouldn't be though of as a mode that just teaches players either, it should be thought of extra Single Player contentm fun minigames that teach you not only the HOW of its mechanics but also the WHY.

Shit like Harada statement grinds my gears.

Anyway, i want to focus on T7 again but my PC crashes whenever i play T7 or MVCI after a while. I think it's my PSU...
    Post edited by LockM on
    GGXrdR2: Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Zeku, Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

edited October 15
    Harada is an idiot in that regard.
    Even if nobody uses team battle, survival, Tekken Force, online bowling or tutorials if they WERE in the game, it would leave a lasting impression on customers.
    Same with good online and all the other kinds of polish you can put into a fighting game, or in any game really.

I mean Tekken 3 was a big success also in part because the console port did so much that they did not have to do. On top of all the game modes that fucking series was once known for having the lowest loading times of any fighters for the PSX because they specifically researched a method to lower it.

Now you don't have to do that, but I don't think that it's a coincidence that the most polished products are usually the most successful. Making video games is a form of art you do as a team, and the consumer hella feels it when a lot of love was put into the work.

I mean they do well with the game but I still feel it's kind of a missed opportunity to make Tekken 7 the Tekken 3 of the new millennium.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,430 mod
    Very good finals, love seeing some D.Jin
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,070
    edited October 15
    Yes. @DevilJin 01 should be proud for being the victor of The King of Iron Fist Tournament 7.
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    edited October 15
    LockM wrote: »
    Anyway, i want to focus on T7 again but my PC crashes whenever i play T7 or MVCI after a while. I think it's my PSU...

Have you checked your stats with tools such as Core Temp or SpeedFan to see if anything is overheating (CPU; Graphics Card, etc.)? Your motherboard might have a feature for something of that sort as a safety mechanism.
    Nice tournament finish at SEA TWT. In his last 20 tournaments, this is the first time that jdcr did not made the grand finals.
    edited October 15
    that happens when you are out of touch with your actual real active playerbase and look just at numbers.
    he might be right that percentage wise the majority of people who bought a game doesnt finish a tutorial mode.
    but the same applies to being a active member of the online community and playing online in ranked, jet he for
    sure wouldnt think about scratching that from the game.

the story mode itself didnt worked out as any kind of tutorial for the game..so when that was the intention with it they failed in that regard.
    they have "trials" implemented in the trainingsmove/movelist, same would have been possible for the basics like sidestepping, movement, wakeup options, walljump ect with little to no work.

at the end of the day they even created tutorials for some of the basic stuff..on the official website with text and videos but no mention of it ingame.
    so why did they created them outside of the game when "no one uses them"....even just a hotlink to theire website or a mentioning of it would
    have helped newcomers a bit.

:ps the echo fox raign got broken.
    Post edited by appomo on
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,430 mod
    Nice tournament finish at SEA TWT. In his last 20 tournaments, this is the first time that jdcr did not made the grand finals.

that's insane...wow.
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri
    YouTube
    Twitch
    Qudans. God damn.
    I don't get this game. My Lars is fucking gutter trash tier no matter how much work I put into playing him (Just lost 0-3 (rounds) to a Miguel who literally only did this spinning jump kick into either a grab or poke. Had no clue what to do). While my Alisa gets to Vanguard after literally 10mins of practice (Lars is at Grand Master with 516 games played).

I really want to make him work but something about his gameplan doesn't suit me and I don't get what
    im pisssed /rant

EDIT: I got decked 0-3 by a Devil Jin who almost only used unblockables for fuck's sake

What's your actual gameplan with him? Because honestly, I feel the way he's best played in T7 is to make his opponent whiff something and blow them up for that, and not much else. =/
    Froztey wrote: »

that's insane...wow.

yeah. that is greatness by jdcr.

• LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,610
    AceKombat wrote: »
    LockM wrote: »

Have you checked your stats with tools such as Core Temp or SpeedFan to see if anything is overheating (CPU; Graphics Card, etc.)? Your motherboard might have a feature for something of that sort as a safety mechanism.

I've checked the CPU, GPU and fans(also fan of PSU) with Speedfan and HWMonitor, i get no BSOD or flickering on the monitor, it just shuts down without any announcement. It isn't overheating of the aforementioned components atleast as far as i could tell so i'm guessing it's something with the PSU...or another component on the motherboard? I'm not too well versed in these type of things though.
    GGXrdR2: Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Zeku, Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

Now that's some funny shit. I thought Aris was only joking about that.