I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this info, but since it is about merchandising, I figured it wouldn't hurt to share it here.
Because some of their business partners decided to split at the last minute, CapoToys is turning to crowd-funding to get their line of mixed-media SF figures out on the market.
Here are the five they showcased at Toy Fair this year.
Rocco Tartamella, the artist behind the sculpts, confirmed the following on Facebook.
- The company wants to make figures for every character in the franchise, not just the original twelve. How far they get depends on the backing we give them.
- The kickstarters will be used to get the first wave of figures done. If every figure in the first wave reaches their goal, they should be able to produce the rest of the waves on their own.
- There are currently nine waves planned, and five waves have already been approved by Capcom.
- The first wave will include the five from Toy Fair: Ryu, Sagat, Chun-Li, Guile and Blanka.
- Juri has been confirmed for one of the later waves in response to a few direct requests for her on Facebook.
- The price for each figure will most likely be $35, judging by the corresponding pledge for the single Ryu figure listed as an incentive.
Here is the kickstarter for the Ryu.
EDIT: Just found out that Rocco already posted a link to this in FG Discussion, but considering the potential this line has, I say we keep this thread here so more people can see it.
Also, here's the CapoToys Facebook page.
" Scrubs keep our community alive, not top players, everyone (even myself at times) seem to forget that."
- Arturo Sanchez, aka Sabin