The Official Call Of Duty Thread: CoD WW2 BETA coming Soon.

Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup LoverJoined: Posts: 17,883
edited June 15 in General Discussion
Figured it was time to start a new thread rather than reviving the old one. In the latest Campaign vid AW teased MP at the end.

"Analysis Of Teaser" before MILLIONS of youtubers do it:
http://mp1st.com/2014/07/29/advanced-warfare-multiplayer-analysis-exo-suit-abilities-score-streaks/

It looks cool but I need to see more.
Post edited by Amazing Funbags on
Boobologist Ph.D

Comments

• Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,883
  • SadQuotesSadQuotes Begging for Thread Joined: Posts: 4,540
    Oh man I missed Pipeline, that map is so troll for Spetsnaz with all the nades :lol:

But then again they have that warehouse kind of place where you could snip from the top floor and put claymores (which were ass in COD4) near the ladders.
    This is what it feels like.
  • nikeSBstunna89nikeSBstunna89 WOLVES Joined: Posts: 1,515
    Halo jumping? Will not buy.
  • blueleonblueleon Joined: Posts: 2,222
    If COD removes its multiplayer "leveling up" system, I might actually be interested. It's super lame that you have to unlock weapons and upgrades.
    We were all sharing stories. Them about their missions and time in training, me about how I ended up in this line of work. And one marine saw a chick that caught his eye. He excuses him self and approaches her and her group. He introduces himself to the group and ask to speak with the chick he likes. Him and the lady get to talking, and with the utmost confidence, this dude ( in a suttle way ) suggest they get a room. And gives her a pat on the ass. Now if that was me or most other guys she probably throw a drink in my face or something. But I guess this dude just oozes so much machismo and alphaness, that she was turned on by his forwardness. And her friends were even impressed by him, and they ended up leaving together - BB_Hoody
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,829
    lol it does seem like they've now exhausted all their own ideas and now copying other games.
    If it still plays like CoD, fast paced and easy kills people will still eat it up.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,557
    It begins again...let's hope this turns out better than Ghosts...Still play BO2 still. Now is my most played behind MW2. I mean After reading the comments (I don't know why I do this) what DO people want out of their CoD game? shit like TTK is too fast? really? stuff like exo suit will ruin MP? how so? once again way too early to guess.

Can't spell Analyze without ANAL
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,928
    edited July 2014
    Infernoman wrote: »
    It begins again...let's hope this turns out better than Ghosts...Still play BO2 still. Now is my most played behind MW2. I mean After reading the comments (I don't know why I do this) what DO people want out of their CoD game? shit like TTK is too fast? really? stuff like exo suit will ruin MP? how so? once again way too early to guess.

Tbh if you showed me two alternate timelines for how COD played out, with one of them being our current timeline, and the other was where they stopped making COD after MW2 and just did texture enhancements, free DLC guns, and map packs for the next 10 years, I would pick the other one.

Basically my issue is that the first two MW games were the pinnacle. Everything else is just trying to get out of the shadow. The one that got the closest was BO2. Every time I play a COD something in my mind just nags at me with "Not as good as it used to be"

Exo suit will not be able to stack up to jump kits from Titanfall either. I know you cant double jump with it or whatever but you can see they're trying to nab some of that "Super mobility twitch shooter" goodness.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
    The MP snippet looked cool. I'll be checking out the reveal. It can't be as bland as Ghosts that's for certain.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • HollowbladeHollowblade Joined: Posts: 1,594
    Let brake it down why jumping high in a game like cod is bad or a game with jet packs. Vertical gameplay. Everyone imagines omg if only we could gave building to building warfare or if i could get on top of x building. Once maps go vertical shit hits the fan. You picture vertical gameplay to happen like it does in the movies or in sp games. Fact is people play like pussy ass bitches. People know that being higher up gives you te advantage and you can just sit in a corner and kill people trying to get at you. Tell me a game where vertical gameplay was fantastic. Halo reach and halo 4 introduced vertical gameplay and all maps that were very vertical were such a pain in the ass to play and the devs always spawn one team at the top and one at the bottom. The team at the bottom has a huge disadvantage. Bf4 has that map with the skyscraper... Why even with 64 players... Why how does that shit help the flow of the map other than every other retarded sniper wants to go up there and out of 64 players there are what 60 12 year old snipers that wana be in faze?

With high jumping they will have to introduce vertical gameplay and that shit will be obnoxious. From the fact that you have to move up to gain map control and the fact that the radar is a clusterfuck. Nothing good comes from dumb situations like that. One guy pops out to shoot down and you to shoot up its always awkward to shoot like that why focus the gameplay around something so bad.
    edited July 2014
    Let brake it down why jumping high in a game like cod is bad or a game with jet packs. Vertical gameplay. Everyone imagines omg if only we could gave building to building warfare or if i could get on top of x building. Once maps go vertical shit hits the fan. You picture vertical gameplay to happen like it does in the movies or in sp games. Fact is people play like pussy ass bitches. People know that being higher up gives you te advantage and you can just sit in a corner and kill people trying to get at you. Tell me a game where vertical gameplay was fantastic. Halo reach and halo 4 introduced vertical gameplay and all maps that were very vertical were such a pain in the ass to play and the devs always spawn one team at the top and one at the bottom. The team at the bottom has a huge disadvantage. Bf4 has that map with the skyscraper... Why even with 64 players... Why how does that shit help the flow of the map other than every other retarded sniper wants to go up there and out of 64 players there are what 60 12 year old snipers that wana be in faze?

With high jumping they will have to introduce vertical gameplay and that shit will be obnoxious. From the fact that you have to move up to gain map control and the fact that the radar is a clusterfuck. Nothing good comes from dumb situations like that. One guy pops out to shoot down and you to shoot up its always awkward to shoot like that why focus the gameplay around something so bad.

It sounds like you dont know how to handle a combat environment that is higher than ground level. Just because you're bad at it doesnt mean it's bad for everybody. In a setting where everybody can reach the same altitude with ease, it's a a fair thing. Shit like Titanfall it's alright if you get to the top of a building because everybody can get up there with double jumping/wallclinging/wallrunning. Combine that with movement speed and the fact that you can be invisible while doing it all, height advantage is only something that works against enemy titans. The problem lies with execution of the concept, not the actual concept. Height advantage is bullshit with things like Highrise in MW2, where it's a massive pain in the ass to get on top of that one building, and it is a singular path up there with virtually no cover, so once an enemy reaches it you probably never will.

The only time I could ever think of a significant advantageous map in accordance to height was the Mansion remake in Gears 3. You had to leapfrog the shit out of cover in order to make it forward without getting downed, but it was somewhat evened out by the fact that the top spawn team had no power weapons, while the bottom guys got two snipers, grenades, and an explosive near the middle.

Also Reach and 4 initroduced vertical gameplay? Fucking please. I remember playing maps more height reliant in UT2K4.

It sounds like you dont know how to handle a combat environment that is higher than ground level. Just because you're bad at it doesnt mean it's bad for everybody. In a setting where everybody can reach the same altitude with ease, it's a a fair thing. Shit like Titanfall it's alright if you get to the top of a building because everybody can get up there with double jumping/wallclinging/wallrunning. Combine that with movement speed and the fact that you can be invisible while doing it all, height advantage is only something that works against enemy titans. The problem lies with execution of the concept, not the actual concept. Height advantage is bullshit with things like Highrise in MW2, where it's a massive pain in the ass to get on top of that one building, and it is a singular path up there with virtually no cover, so once an enemy reaches it you probably never will.

The only time I could ever think of a significant advantageous map in accordance to height was the Mansion remake in Gears 3. You had to leapfrog the shit out of cover in order to make it forward without getting downed, but it was somewhat evened out by the fact that the top spawn team had no power weapons, while the bottom guys got two snipers, grenades, and an explosive near the middle.

Also Reach and 4 initroduced vertical gameplay? Fucking please. I remember playing maps more height reliant in UT2K4.
    when games are vertical like that it stalls gameplay 90% of the time. Being able to become invisible is a terrible mechanic to "counter" that titanfall was only half okay since the verticality on most the maps didnt impact the game at all btw the verticality didnt really hurt the titans. There was one map on titanfall where the verticality completely halted the game and it was that shanty town map with the little river in the middle that map was awful. Halo reach had a couple maps that were built around the jet pack so it wasnt useless. Thing is that map turned out awful because the jet pack was a pos regardless. Halo four did the same on a slightly smaller scale. Cod has usually never done vertical game play. Bf does it fairly often. But not where its just a spire ppl are playing in. A good example of a map that had verticality i can recall off the top of my head was construct in halo3. Play against a good team and good fucking luck getting to the top of the map the match would be decided for the most part in the initial conflict after that the team that took control of the top for the most part won easily unless they fucked up bad. Yea ppl love having to hide because you cant fight back with someone shooting you from above.

I still play blops2 actively almost every night on 360 add me if ur down. I play mainly tdm unless i have 3-4+ ppl in party to play obj since everyone plays obj games like tdm i cant carry dom alone. Tdm i have no issue carrying and getting 30+ kills.

Gt: i hollowblade i
    This guy is overthinking a mechanic based on a glimpse of it. It looks like it simply is a boost of speed or a super jump.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,794
    I'm a little interested in this. I just hope all the bullets know they need to end lives instead of hurting feelings. I play BO2 a lot, but I hate that aspect of the game.
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Let's hope they can recapture the mw2 magic. No more terrible maps with a million flank routes and random nooks were the gameplay devolves to just running around.
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The game needs to go back to its routes not be TitanFall 1.5. Solid gunplay and places with chokepoints, camping spots and the ability to run around. This whole anti camper thing is one of the most retarded things COD has tried to do and it has only hurt the games. Go back to basics and take out a bunch of the unnecessary OP shit. There is a reason I would still play COD4 if I still had a 360.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
    edited July 2014
    Having said that I do have to say this is where the customer is not always right. Unfortunately the Devs listen to idiots that hate camping and playing smart. As such you get shitty maps that pander to pure quickscoping, the rushing with unbalanced guns and braindead gameplay.

Ideally I want BO2 style of weapon variety, their pick 10 system and scorestreak system. Mix that with MW1 AND MW2 maps, hit detection, sounds effects, fun factor with streaks, and maybe ghosts field orders as the only way to get care packages then I'll be on board.

Still enjoying BO2 despite the player base being 90% quickscoping. I hate to admit it but if we can get a group for MW1 or MW2 again, I'm down to play hackers or no hackers.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • PterodactylPterodactyl drenched in sauce Joined: Posts: 7,219
    BO1 & BO2 were the best COD games in my opinion, and if this one is anywhere near as good as either of those i'll be fucking overjoyed.

COD is like crack until you gold your weapons of preference and prestige once or twice, but the BO series had sticking power for me and I could keep going in them even after "finishing" the MP.

I want that again.
    spread'em
    jae hoon wrote: »
    The game needs to go back to its routes not be TitanFall 1.5.

Funny how ANYTHING that has parkour/jet packs is now "TF-Like XD Some of you guys outside of maybe three of you have some really WTF opinions.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    Lol everytime Infernoman played Cod 4 with me, we would always go up against a squad of hackers at least once and usually win. He can even attest to you I fucking beast at MW1 and MW2 when I give a shit.
    Lol everytime Infernoman played Cod 4 with me, we would always go up against a squad of hackers at least once and usually win. He can even attest to you I fucking beast at MW1 and MW2 when I give a shit.

I do remember the times we did we kicked ass. Reminded me of when CoD was simpler. Where it was about gun battles in MW1. Hell even in 2 where streaks and OMA Pro piping were rampant we still could win. I do miss those games where it was all team SRK matches. A few times we even did enough for ground war. Good shit!
  • tuffgongtuffgong Where da white women at tho Joined: Posts: 12
    blueleon wrote: »
    If COD removes its multiplayer "leveling up" system, I might actually be interested. It's super lame that you have to unlock weapons and upgrades.

I see where you're coming from, some people don't have the time or want to spend hours just to unlock guns/upgrades. But others do enjoy leveling up(myself being one), and having to start from scratch while getting melted by max prestige's is sort of a right of passage lol.

but really tho, where da white women at..
    The game needs to go back to its routes not be TitanFall 1.5.

Funny how ANYTHING that has parkour/jet packs is now "TF-Like XD Some of you guys outside of maybe three of you have some really WTF opinions.

With the time frame though you'd have to be oblivious to claim that there is absolutely no correlation with enhanced mobility shit being implemented where it never has been before. Granted they didnt go full on and give giant robot man suits, but they do give about half the functionality of a jumpkit. Havent seen exosuit in gameplay action yet, so I'm withdrawing a full opinion until it is an informed one.

I do remember the times we did we kicked ass. Reminded me of when CoD was simpler. Where it was about gun battles in MW1. Hell even in 2 where streaks and OMA Pro piping were rampant we still could win. I do miss those games where it was all team SRK matches. A few times we even did enough for ground war. Good shit!

That's not even restricted to SRK stuff (I wasnt around here yet clearly) but playing those two games with group of close bros or people of the same clan had an odd comraderie about it. There are some instances in gaming history that cannot be replicated. Modern Warfare in it's prime is one of those instances.

Fuck them.

Fuck them because "Showtime" actually looks really damn fun.

Fuck Activision for not saving that for a better COD game.
    spread'em

Fuck them.

Fuck them because "Showtime" actually looks really damn fun.

Fuck Activision for not saving that for a better COD game.

It's smart because that's how they're keeping you glued to a bad game. Remaking good maps only available for bad games.
  • Bravo!Bravo! Joined: Posts: 169
    People really think BO2 is better than Ghosts?
    Bravo! wrote: »

It is. I traded ghosts in a mere 2 months after launch. Still play Black Ops 2 to this day. Care to elaborate on why you think one is better than another?
    Bravo! wrote: »

If by people you mean almost everybody?

IMO the only COD worse than Ghosts is MW3.
    spread'em
  • OerbaOerba Just a joke! Joined: Posts: 1,373
    This forum is the only place where I can find people who think MW3 is the worst CoD. What makes MW3 so bad to you guys? Just curious.
    Cause MW3 was just lazy. It's like MW2 without ANY of the things that made it fun AT LEAST Ghosts tries to jazz things up a bit with shit like map specific field orders and "CUH-RAZY" maps.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The map design in MW3 was absolutely terrible.....Ghosts is just as bad.They're both terrible games imo
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
    I will argue that ghosts at least tried a few new things... I liked field orders but that's really it. Free fall was a fun map. MW3 had umm...well I did like the assault defense streak split... But they really didn't balance it well.
  • OerbaOerba Just a joke! Joined: Posts: 1,373
    I see I see...Well, at least I can agree with most people that Ghosts is shitty and much worse than BO2.
    Most people actually think Cod3 is the worst one tbh, then either Ghosts, WAW or MW3 depending on who you ask.
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,457
    ghosts is the only cod i ever stopped playing without there being a new cod/halo/bf to move on to.

well, ghosts and mw3. that one i didnt even buy because it looked too similar to mw2's crazy shit
    Ghosts was such an awful game that most youtube "stars" moved back to bo2. Ghosts is an awful game although im not sure if ghosts is worse than mw3... Both are pretty awful one is a park tour while the other is a clusterfuck. Both have fairly awful spawns.