The Official Call Of Duty Thread: CoD WW2 BETA coming Soon.

Comments

• Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,888
    Vestax wrote: »
    I'm still on that MW3 lol. Is it really that bad?

Yes.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • UnreallysticUnreallystic Painyatta Joined: Posts: 13,171
    found this, figured I'd share, though the interest in this one seems to be low amongst SRK...
    http://www.callofduty.com/advancedwarfare/free-upgrade
    essentially if you do it digitally *buy the game* for the PS3 or 360, you get a free copy for the XBOne and the PS4.

That's HUGE for me...I figure most people would get it on 360, but I want it on the One. Offer good till March of next year.
    - Unreall
  • blueleonblueleon Joined: Posts: 2,242
    I don't like the way some of the holographic sights(gun attachment) look in the game. Also they have an awkward FOV when zoomed in.

But so far they're my only few complaints...
    We were all sharing stories. Them about their missions and time in training, me about how I ended up in this line of work. And one marine saw a chick that caught his eye. He excuses him self and approaches her and her group. He introduces himself to the group and ask to speak with the chick he likes. Him and the lady get to talking, and with the utmost confidence, this dude ( in a suttle way ) suggest they get a room. And gives her a pat on the ass. Now if that was me or most other guys she probably throw a drink in my face or something. But I guess this dude just oozes so much machismo and alphaness, that she was turned on by his forwardness. And her friends were even impressed by him, and they ended up leaving together - BB_Hoody
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,612
    Considering 360 to tide me over til later... Free upgrade is nice... But I want to see the 360 ver in action
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • HollowbladeHollowblade Joined: Posts: 1,594
    I really hope this game is good. There is literally nothing to play shooter wise anymore. Blackops 2 is dying and its nothing but snipers now literally you l knto lobbies where 10 of the 12 players are trying to get into faze.. My biggest concern for this next game is map design and that stupid camoability i lnow its gonna make me mad but i really am banking on this game to be on the quality mark of blackop 1 or 2 and stat as far away from ghosts and modern assfare 3. Gonna grab it on ps4 any one else gonna be rolling on ps4 i would love to play with some srk homies. I hear some of you are murder machines, i could use some more muscle in my squad, were down to 3 ppl and the retards are sometimes too much to carry. I dont know why the thumbless blind downsyndrom kids eho go 4-24 each game are always on my team, as soon as they get on the other team they go like12-6... Like wtf
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,876
    edited October 2014
    Wait why was mw3 bad? I never played it. I like ghosts it made me go rebuy mw1-2 from psn damn mw1s story is still insanely good. Alot of people still playing mw2 online and not very many hackers from my experiences so far. Was gonna buy mw3 next weekend so i can have the trilogy complete
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • PterodactylPterodactyl drenched in sauce Joined: Posts: 7,227
    It was okay, definitely playable, but my least favorite.
    spread'em
    NickRocks wrote: »
    Wait why was mw3 bad? I never played it. I like ghosts it made me go rebuy mw1-2 from psn damn mw1s story is still insanely good. Alot of people still playing mw2 online and not very many hackers from my experiences so far. Was gonna buy mw3 next weekend so i can have the trilogy complete

IIRC:

-MW2 minus the fun
    -It looked like a rehash of MW3
    -Bad maps
    - Support Strike Package

I know I'm forgetting some things.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    Support strike package I can defend as it wasn't BAD per say however it could have been executed far better! If they wanted to go support route for one set of streaks it should be pure support with no chance to get a direct kill from said Streaks. Stealth bomber was a bad culprit that attributed to support package getting a bad rep.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    I was overcome with emotion when Sergeant Griggs was killed in front of my eyes. COD4 has a truly unforgettable campaign.
    We were all sharing stories. Them about their missions and time in training, me about how I ended up in this line of work. And one marine saw a chick that caught his eye. He excuses him self and approaches her and her group. He introduces himself to the group and ask to speak with the chick he likes. Him and the lady get to talking, and with the utmost confidence, this dude ( in a suttle way ) suggest they get a room. And gives her a pat on the ass. Now if that was me or most other guys she probably throw a drink in my face or something. But I guess this dude just oozes so much machismo and alphaness, that she was turned on by his forwardness. And her friends were even impressed by him, and they ended up leaving together - BB_Hoody
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I broke down and Preordered this one, first COD I preordered since MW2. Cawi and Mark sort of convinced me to give it a shot.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
    Which ver yoy getting Jae?
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,876
    I preordered AW on friday. I was feeling meh about it after playing alot of mw2 this past weekend but now after watching gameplay im hype. I even like the new sounds they recorded for the game
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • drizzt360drizzt360 In the shadows I hide-ppd Joined: Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Watching videos that shit looks mad fun. I'll be getting it on the PC of course.
    when I die... may there be friends who will grieve for me,who will carry our shared joys and pains, who will carry my memory
    This is the immortality of the spirit, the ever-lingering legacy, the fuel of grief.
    but so, too, the fuel of faith
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."
    Infernoman wrote: »

PS4 with Cawi and Budgetdude
  • VynceVynce Hater. Joined: Posts: 14,660
    jae add me on PSN, man. (I'll likely have it for PS4 too.)

Vizince
    Be well.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,455 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gonna grab it too. How long we got?
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
    Guess I'll be solo on 360
    I need to pay off my pre-order thingy.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641
    edited October 2014
    Lol @ whoever said "mw1 has a good story."

Green Eggs and Ham has more literary depth than the entirety of CoD's canon.
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,435
    For the people who use snipers most of the time in CoD: What's your opinion/views on the use of ACOG as an replacement for a long scope? Do you feel like its merely a handicapped or does it open up possibility to a completely different playstyle? (EX."Rushdown Sniping")

GET HYPE
    Boobologist Ph.D
    ^ Ugh, the music used in that trailer is GODDAMN AWFUL.
    Weeaboo wrote: »
    For the people who use snipers most of the time in CoD: What's your opinion/views on the use of ACOG as an replacement for a long scope? Do you feel like its merely a handicapped or does it open up possibility to a completely different playstyle? (EX."Rushdown Sniping")

don't like the idea of rushdown sniping. It's contradictory to what a sniper is. IF I use it, t's for sniper rifles that are fast semi-autos and for smaller maps. if Iron sights are available then I use those. The feeling of getting a kills from a long range with just iron sights is thrilling!
    edited October 2014
    This will be the first COD since MW2 that I haven't pre-ordered and picked up on midnight release.

Feels bad man, but I ain't got the scrilla for a PS4 yet.
    spread'em
    I think the snipers are an issue. Its never an issue when theres one guy quickscoping. I never understood why people bitched about quickscoping. Until you run into a team pf. 6 snipers. Shit is just obnoxious to no end. I like the idea of the sniper being able to quick at close range but not like mw2 and blops2. You dont even need to aim just zoom run your face on the controller and shoot and youll kill everything its dumb. I think a game like blops1 sorta had it down, longer zoom times are the way to go. You can still quickscope but you need that awareness to do it well. A sniper should really be a midrange/ long range gun. Not a fan of it being long range tho either those snipers who spawn and run into the back of their spawn and just camp in some corner zoomed in are just as annoying because they slow the game down for no reason and make it so boring. I think the best of both worlds is needed here. The zoom time of blops1 with out the random stray would be top. And non of this stupid auto aim on zoom, the auto aim should kick in after its fully zoomed in making it rewarding and skillful yo ohk someone with the sniper at close range.
  • SpycarnegySpycarnegy Joined: Posts: 1,324
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Infernoman wrote: »

PS4 with Cawi and Budgetdude

Oh shit u copping on Ps4? I might have to actually buy this one.....idk though I'm still on edge. But I need a shooter and I'm bored with Destiny
    EmblemLord: just block bitch
    EmblemLord: wuts so hard about it

2015 SRK Fantasy Football CHAMP
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,852
    Is there some particular reason everyone's trying to cop for next-gen? I'm planning on getting it for PS3 IF the reviews are good coming from you guys. Is there something I don't know?
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,455 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So where is the best place to preorder this?

I see you get different stuff from walmart as opposed to lamestop.
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
    Vynce wrote: »
    jae add me on PSN, man. (I'll likely have it for PS4 too.)

Vizince

Will do man, @Spycarnegy yeah I am although I will really only be playing it when other people are on. Solo COD makes me want to commit sudoku.
  • UnreallysticUnreallystic Painyatta Joined: Posts: 13,171
    No PS4 for me...I figured I'd get one in 2015 or 2016 when there were more games (got mah XBOne).

There doesn't seem to be enough hype for the game anyways so I'm thinking of just skipping it again. Not playing solo...
    - Unreall
  • jin11jin11 Joined: Posts: 272
    Thank the gods that AW is much more similar to BO2 than the piece of crap Ghosts... finally have a new season with great matches to look forward to.

Can't wait to play this game.
  • OerbaOerba Just a joke! Joined: Posts: 1,373
    How do you know it's similar to BO2? I haven't been following the game much, but I won a $60 gift card to a local gamestore and have no games I want now. If this one is like BO2 I might use it on this game.
  • jin11jin11 Joined: Posts: 272
    Sledgehammer games have said multiple times in interviews they've used BO2 for inspiration for their first COD.

Firstly the score streaks are back, secondly the TTK is more similar to BO2 than this stupid shit in Ghosts. Also the pick 10 system is back instead of the mess in Ghosts.

Sucks to sound like I'm hating on Ghosts but after such an amazing game in BO2 it was a shame to see Infinity Ward just drop the ball again after MW3.
    There doesn't seem to be enough hype for the game anyways so I'm thinking of just skipping it again. Not playing solo...
    - Unreall

That's cause CoD as a series is worn out. Ghosts didn't help much.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    No one here liked Ghosts... It's the only CoD I returned. I'm annoyed I have to get Digital ver so I can upgrade 360 to XBONE but I cannot pre-order. Why make it difficult like this?
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,852
    I'm hoping that SH Gaming knocks it out of the park here, because this'll probably be the last time a revision of Black Ops 2 is acceptable. I was hoping it would be Treyarch that took BO2 and ironed out the wrinkles for the next game. BO2 was great, minus a few flaws. Now with SH using their formula this year, it would feel stale if Trey gave us a better version of BO2 after the fact. They'll probably do something else to switch things up again, and who knows about the outcome there.
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
    Blops2 was great except for the op snipers and the busted over buffed lmgs.. They didnt need any buffs out of the disc. They decided they needed 3 buffs. Shits so lame, luckily its no where near busted stuff from mw games.
    Only CoD games I stopped playing and/or traded in where MW3 and Ghosts. Both made by post-crisis IW funnily enough.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    edited October 2014
    axeman61 wrote: »
    I'm hoping that SH Gaming knocks it out of the park here, because this'll probably be the last time a revision of Black Ops 2 is acceptable. I was hoping it would be Treyarch that took BO2 and ironed out the wrinkles for the next game. BO2 was great, minus a few flaws. Now with SH using their formula this year, it would feel stale if Trey gave us a better version of BO2 after the fact. They'll probably do something else to switch things up again, and who knows about the outcome there.

Yeah, this seriously has got me thinking.

where too now?

Are they going to just say fuck it and go full on sci-fi future with actual cyborgs and shit(I wouldn't be opposed to this...), are they just gonna say fuck it and reset what they have and start over in the timeline with a new story?

Are they going to do the thing I really want them to and have some kind of fucked up time travel with a crazy story and weapons from different time periods and decades used?

I mean the "realism" is nice but fuck it if I can get some time traveling and multi-generational weaponry in the COD engine(s).

Running around with a god damn laser gun and a bastard sword, throwing out bolas and flesh eating nano-bots as items.

Jet-packing around in the Mesozoic period with rail guns and blasting pirates in the face with AKs, the stages would be awesome.

And fuck think of the waved survival mode, with dinosaurs and mongol hordes, and ninja sneaking around, and android soldiers, and WWII flyers doing runs.

Does this sound dumb? yeah.

Would it be awesome and badass? Hell yeah.

This will never happen, but damn...
    spread'em

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file