The Official Call Of Duty Thread: CoD WW2 BETA coming Soon.

Comments

• UnreallysticUnreallystic Painyatta Joined: Posts: 13,171
    Only CoD games I stopped playing and/or traded in where MW3 and Ghosts. Both made by post-crisis IW funnily enough.

Interesting. Did you try Titanfall? I stopped at MW3...I loved the maps being more porous, but what they did to the shotgun in that game, derailed it. I didn't have Live (still don't actually), so I didn't bother with Ghost.

Now I'm broke and I have to be real selective...so far this one looks too much like BLOps. I came in the L with MW2, and BLOps just wasn't as fun...this has potentially broken stuff so 'maybe'? I just don't know...

Still trying to figure out Sunset Overdrive truth be told.
    - Unreall
  • PterodactylPterodactyl The time has come and so have I Joined: Posts: 7,200
    Why couldn't Blood Dragon have competitive multiplayer...
    spread'em
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,891
    edited October 2014
    blueleon wrote: »
    I was overcome with emotion when Sergeant Griggs was killed in front of my eyes. COD4 has a truly unforgettable campaign.

I cry everytiem. Dont forget when you get barbequed with Ghost either.

I do occasionally go back to those first two MW's to replay certain levels. Probably my favorite one in MW2 was the section in DC during the invasion while they are trying to evacuate people. I really liked the atmosphere of that whole stage. Then it's combined with the whole "Many large events happening and colliding with each other at the same time by chance" thing. Like you're in the downed helicopter with no ammo, it looks like you're fucked and then you play a whole section to find out that Price fired an EMP from literally half way across the planet just barely in time to unknowingly stop the whole squad from getting swiss cheesed by an Apache. Then right after that, you have to play with none of your electric stuff working, no power anywhere, fighting Russians that you can only see by the nearby fires or when lightning brightens the area.

That was a fantastic section.

People also dont give Treyarch nearly enough credit for attempting multiple endings with the Single Player in BO2. I liked that there was maybe about 7 of them in total. Sadly, they did multiple endings better than Mass Effect. Lol oops. Mass Effect didnt have multiple endings in the end game. Sorry bad comparison /Stillmadaboutthatshit
    Post edited by XthAtGAm3RGuYX on
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
    I was actually thinking about hte MW2 campaign earlier today...I was so mad when Ghost got got. It was cool twist - no one being immortal so to speak.

Maybe I'll move the 360 this week so I can play MW2 again (son broke the TV the 360 is on and not replacing it). Watching Arrow and hearing them talk about "Scar-H", just brought back memories. I'mma get trolled by kids but fuck it...
    - Unreall
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,056 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    angelpalm wrote: »
    So where is the best place to preorder this?

I see you get different stuff from walmart as opposed to lamestop.

Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,872
    Only CoD games I stopped playing and/or traded in where MW3 and Ghosts. Both made by post-crisis IW funnily enough.

Interesting. Did you try Titanfall?l

Yes, It's a great game but it was "shallow" for a long ass time until Respawn added loads of stuff into to make people stop bitching.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,418
    finally digital ver to DL is out for X360...

so who here bought which ver? as in reg? Atlas limited/pro? season pass?
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    If I get a new job, I'll go ahead and buy it...just in the mood for CoD, its been long enough heh...
    - Unreall
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Can you upgrade the 360 version to Xbox one?
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
    yes, it will be a DL though...
    http://www.callofduty.com/advancedwarfare/free-upgrade
    - Unreall

issue is you have to buy the actual X360 copy as digital only to do this.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    Well yeah because people could buy a 360 copy, get the upgrade, sell back the 360 copy, and technically have the current gen version for lik $15. They would see mad profit loss if they let people do that.
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Btw for those of you who remember him Saizen is back and will be playing COD, he also plays Destiny and Payday 2. His youtube is under Saizen Returns and his twitch is Saizen13. He is currently streaming
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
    edited October 2014
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,403
    Mannnn Ground War was one of my main game mode for any CoD I played.

Still ain't gonna get me to buy a PS4/X1 though....
    And once again that doesn't surprise me one bit. I pre-order and THEN I'm told no Ground War. Part of the reason why Ghosts died out for me. I do plan on getting and X1 and the new price drop does sweeten things but not sure yet.

I suppose first I'll need to get a feel for the game and see if investing in a new console is worth it just for this.
  • NickRocksNickRocks DeathPlay Joined: Posts: 22,730
    i want modern w4rfare after AW
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    Get hype Infernoman:
    3ICrS1K.jpg
    Boobologist Ph.D
    edited October 2014
    And that shit is one reason why I'm considering moving into the new gen. I loved this gametype but it was far more exciting with 9v9. Ground War with only Momentum/Domination sounds like a perfect objectives gamemode. I love Demolition too but 9v9 of that is too hectic. If I'm stuck with 6v6 this winter due to lack of X1, I may stick to Domination/FFA/Gun game
    Momentum is a terrible fucking idea, it is like these developers know nothing about online MP. All this is essentially is what Destiny already does with Dom where captures really do not matter, kill whoring to the max then capturing is what matters.
  • HollowbladeHollowblade Joined: Posts: 1,594
    If you are kill whoring then u have map control, if you have map control you can cap followed by more kill whoring. Unless your a greedy scrub who cant wait 6 seconds for the enemy to cone to you and you flip the spawn then tere should be no issue to get the best of both worlds. Plus having control makes getting kills and not dying even easier since you can predict and shut down all lanes they can come from make it even more efficient. Plus in destiny dont you get more points per kill depending on how many caps you have at the time of the kill?? Again win win. All gametypes can be broken down into this general strategy.
  • PterodactylPterodactyl The time has come and so have I Joined: Posts: 7,200
    I still stand by my opinion that FFA is the best mode in COD.

I wish they'd give us a FFA that has the maximum amount of players possible in a lobby, or some kind of objective besides just murdering the shit out of people, we'd have some real chaos popping off then.
    spread'em
    TDM & DOM for me,mainly because I'm SUPER unreliable to get my own kills lol

Also there's always a choke point where I can sit back and rack up kills while still playing the objective or helping my team out. Not very good at been a lone wolf.....
    Weeaboo wrote: »
    TDM & DOM for me,mainly because I'm SUPER unreliable to get my own kills lol

Also there's always a choke point where I can sit back and rack up kills while still playing the objective or helping my team out. Not very good at been a lone wolf.....
    I've just never been good. I'll have my moments, but my aim is ass-tastic, so I prefer the less aim specific weapons like shotguns (hence my dislike of MW3), and melee. HEaring about the various boost makes me think that I have a 'shot' at being OK. I can move *almost* with the best of them, I just can't shoot. I'm the LMG guy...spray and spray...don't bother praying.

so many fun memories of stealing - I think it was Hotobu's 'Spider' setup in MW2

MG4 w/ Thermal
    OMA Pro
    Cold Blooded Pro
    Sit Rep Pro
    Claymore
    Smoke Grenade

I would just find a good hiding area where I can dodge most tube attempts - like hte warehouse in Quarry. Drop Claymores to notify me of someone coming nearby the back or the front. Swap back to the same class. Then wait and listen. Someone trip my perimeter, I come out to whereever they are, and light them up. If it's too many I just smoke and hide...or Smoke them and spray. It worked with ARs too, but I found that eventually I'd piss people off so much that I'd get swarmed - especially with no silencer...so it helped to not have to reload..and the MG4 was better at distance w/o grip than the RPD.

Oh man I want to play now...
    - Unreall
    edited October 2014
    I do feel like in AW if people who aren't great in aiming,if they are able to master the "movements" in AW they should do good in staying alive much longer then others....

Just my opinion though.
    I do agree that one should play the objective in such game modes but by keeping the enemy pinned down by killing them non stop helps prevent them from completing the objective as well. The issue is some idiots out there get too eager
  • NickRocksNickRocks DeathPlay Joined: Posts: 22,730
    movement has always been key in cod
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    There is more emphasis on movement in AW,they haven't done that in recent CoD or from my memory any CoD.
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Momentum is a terrible fucking idea, it is like these developers know nothing about online MP. All this is essentially is what Destiny already does with Dom where captures really do not matter, kill whoring to the max then capturing is what matters.

You could just not play that mode Kim....
    Boobologist Ph.D
    The only way momentum will suck is if the spawn placement is worse than MW3.
    Nothing could be worse than MW3's spawn placement.......NOTHING!
    Nothing could be worse than MW3!

FTFY

Well Ghosts came pretty damn close.
    Boobologist Ph.D
    What's Ghosts?
    ^exactly
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,739
    What's Ghosts?

Sounds like a venereal disease.

Sorry; had a sudden urge to go old school there. I know that unlike Ghosts, a venereal disease actually stays with you for at least a week, but still...
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
    I tried to watch a "Pro" Ghosts tournament today and it literally put me to sleep. Not that being a pro means much, it seems everyone knows someone that is MLG.
    What's Ghosts?

Keep it that way.
  • DeviltheEmperorDeviltheEmperor XBL ShinryuCam Joined: Posts: 356
    edited October 2014
    If the gang is getting back together for a reunion tour you can count me in...still rocking the 360
    "Pain is an illusion"
    Team No Limits since 2k2
    I'm thinking of doing the digital thing on 360 and get it on the One.

I wish I could just store shit on the one and not need a disc...I mean I can, but only by buying it digitally.

People bitching about the OG XBOne too much :sad:
    - Unreall