Decapre Changes Discussion

PlasmaWafflePlasmaWaffle Joined: Posts: 225
edited December 2014 in Decapre
Psycho Sting and U2 now have an additional 10 frames of required charge time

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/aug/08/undocumented-change-confirmed-charge-time-decapres-ultra-2-increased-ultra-street-fighter-4-after-patch/?page=1#c709520

Her U2 is far less useful now, haven't had the change to try but assuming that it's going to result in all of these:

- Can no longer hit after Spiral Arrow
- Near-impossible to hit off of TC2
- Can't get it off of mid-screen anti-air psycho sting
- Can no longer juggle EX ground n pound > psycho sting > U2 in the corner
- Can no longer get the ultra off when doing a cross-up ground n pound

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************
EDIT:

This change was reverted, thank the lord. I changed the name of the thread from 'Capcom killed Decapre already' because it was giving everyone a heart attack every time it resurfaced.

Figured while I'm at this edit, might as well include the most recent changes of 1.04:

-far st.LP/cr.LP : Can now be cancelled into rapid dagger on whiff and on chains
-far st.MP : startup reduced from 7f > 5f
-cr.HP : Can now be cancelled into EX focus/EX Red focus/Super
-EX Psycho Sting: Increased the forward movement.
-EX Psycho Sting: Increased the blockstun by 4f. Is now -1 on block after fadc
-Psycho Sting all versions : Invincibility time increased from 1-5f to 1-8f
-Rapid Dagger all versions: Increased hitstun and blockstun by 4f on the second to last hit
-Rapid Dagger all versions: Increased blockstun on all the hits, now is more often a true blockstring
-EX Scramble (LK+MK) : Reduced the time where Decapre disappears and the cancel window from 13f to 7f
-EX Razor Edge Slicer : Is now projectile invincible until the last active frame
-DCM : When both commands overlap, the anti-air version now has priority over the ground version
-EX Spiral Arrow : Damage reduced from 160 to 120
Post edited by PlasmaWaffle on

Comments

• LightsOutLightsOut Joined: Posts: 91
    No wonder my shit ain't connecting. I just got the game on PC yesterday after playing since release on 360 and was finding it crazy difficult to land my juggles into air U2. FUCK YOU CAPCOM.
    :lp::lp::l::lk::hp:
  • GrimstarGrimstar DON'T INTERFERE!!! Joined: Posts: 1,189
    It sucks but that by no means kills her game... Just stick with U1 mix ups now or use U2 exclusively to punish.
  • noosetesternoosetester Joined: Posts: 856
    it might've killed u2, but by no means killed the character. psycho sting nerf is completely insane though. why not have an antiair that requires in excess of a second of preparation time? and by insane i mean, whoever made that decision is literally out of his or her mind. like breaking into icecream vans to drink jugs of vintage piss insane
  • PlasmaWafflePlasmaWaffle Joined: Posts: 225
    Ok yea true... killed the character might be an exaggeration, but still enough to really damage her, she's not gonna be as good as before
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,513
    edited August 2014
    it might've killed u2, but by no means killed the character. psycho sting nerf is completely insane though. why not have an antiair that requires in excess of a second of preparation time? and by insane i mean, whoever made that decision is literally out of his or her mind. like breaking into icecream vans to drink jugs of vintage piss insane
    Making any changes to a character this new is just flat out pants on head retarded, i.e. par for the course for Capcom. This reminds me (and is IMO even less justified) of the health nerf that Sentinel received ~1 month into MvC3.

Balrog - Buffalo Headbutt - 55f charge time
    Blanka- assorted balls - 55f charge time
    Chun-Li - EX Spinning Bird Kick - 55f charge time
    Decapre - Psycho Sting - 42f charge time 52f charge time
    Decapre - DCM - 42f charge time 52f charge time
    DeeJay - ??? - All of his stuff is 50-55f charge time but I have no idea what his actual viable reversals are at this point
    E. Honda - EX Headbutt - 55f charge time
    Guile - Flash Kick - 55f charge time
    M. Bison - EX Scissor Kick - 55f charge time
    M. Bison - EX Psycho Crusher - 55f charge time
    Vega - Scarlet Terror - 42f charge time
    Vega - Splendid Claw - 42f charge time

IMO Decapre has gone from middle of the pack among charge characters in terms of anti-air and reversals to somewhere around Blanka or DeeJay level.

Edit: corrected Decapre frame data. My point still stands.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • Huggy BearHuggy Bear Scoops Häagen-Dazs® Joined: Posts: 2,149
    Didn't kill the character. But those "Changes" fucking suck and were completely unnecessary.

Like, what was the point? That Psycho Sting change is ridiculous
    Logan / Spencer / Gouki

• tatsunicaltatsunical tragic hero Joined: Posts: 863
    - Can no longer juggle EX ground n pound > psycho sting > U2 in the corner
    this still works actually, but the timing is unforgiving
  • ZombieNickZombieNick braainnsss! Joined: Posts: 18
    Capcom is terrible at patching their games. Unjustified, brain dead, nerf to a character who could have probably used a buff. Unlisted, because no one had the balls to try and justify it. /rant
    PSN: ZombieNick-
  • bypostmanbypostman Joined: Posts: 2,207
    Hope they don't put on more nerfs during their next "bug fix" lol
    U1 will now take 450 frames to charge

That is so awesome. Good on capcom for actually realizing it and planning a fix.
    Grimstar wrote: »
    That is so awesome. Good on capcom for actually realizing it and planning a fix.

I'm so happy, this change has been hurting my game more than I'd ever expect, even started learning a new character to ditch Decapre but glad that I don't have to now lol
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,522
    The fact that capcom does not have version checking tools when some guy who is bored made one scares the shit out of me. Who knows if random test changes keep getting snuck in?
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
    edited August 2014
    Veserius wrote: »
    The fact that capcom does not have version checking tools when some guy who is bored made one scares the shit out of me. Who knows if random test changes keep getting snuck in?

I know right?
    Maybe next version, Deejay will be top tier!

Nah, never happen
  • MotMMotM Joined: Posts: 856
    3DS lite mode Deejay.

Also I wonder about those combos that were no longer working that Veserius was talking about.
    Given their history with this particular game very little would surprise me at this point. Hell, this sort of thing isn't even that uncommon for developers. If I remember correctly Konami discovered, when they where planning to release the Silent Hill HD collection, that large chunks of the source code for Silent Hill 2 where just flat out missing.
    House of Bane
  • TrapyTrapy orz Joined: Posts: 433
    edited August 2014
    ok so they said they're going to put them back on 42 frames and that's great, but did they say when? it's pretty bad right now with no AA>U2 and TC>U2

• RygRyg Joined: Posts: 146
    You can TC > U2 pretty consistently with training. I personnally get the game at the pc release so i never get the chance to train this combo with the normal timing so maybe its a bit easier for me but definitively doable in match. But i dont know if aa > U2 is doable.
    to be fair, they say that they are "looking into correcting them". lately "looking into" has meant "we are aware of these issues but we don't give a fuck. fuck you. fuck your dog. give us money"
  • saucierlolsaucierlol Joined: Posts: 31
    to be fair, they say that they are "looking into correcting them". lately "looking into" has meant "we are aware of these issues but we don't give a fuck. fuck you. fuck your dog. give us money"

Yeah how hard is it to go in the frame data on edit mode with whatever program can write on this kind of file and change 52 to 42...

I know coding and developing is hard but hell its just a value, it's not a piece of code missing or a lost typo in a very long code.

Hope it gets fixed soon.
    i can't really understand how this happened in the first place. the patch was meant to fix bugs and there were no bugs related to the charge times, so why the fuck even muck with it.
  • RygRyg Joined: Posts: 146
    My hypothesis is that a the dude in charge of the update was salty to lose against some Decapre and Rolento, so he thought that he can secretly nerf them.
    Ryg wrote: »
    My hypothesis is that a the dude in charge of the update was salty to lose against some Decapre and Rolento, so he thought that he can secretly nerf them.

I was about to say the same thing
    Someone was clearly rolling him with Decapre
  • The Beautiful OneThe Beautiful One Joined: Posts: 223
    Ryg wrote: »

To be frank, this theory is absolutely ridiculous.
    It also feels like the frames between the time she starts her light kick scramble into the slide (at which point she can slide under fireballs) has been increased.
    edited August 2014
    Well part of what probably takes so long to implement a patch is getting all of the companies such as Microsoft and Sony to approve of it and let it go through the system. So theoretically while they COULD just go "click" it's done... they probably still get caught up in bureaucratic nonsense that takes ten times as long as the fix itself...

of course I don't actually know, I would just assume that is what happens. :P
    Grimstar wrote: »
    Well part of what probably takes so long to implement a patch is getting all of the companies such as Microsoft and Sony to approve of it and let it go through the system. So theoretically while they COULD just go "click" it's done... they probably still get caught up in bureaucratic nonsense that takes ten times as long as the fix itself...

of course I don't actually know, I would just assume that is what happens. :P

The fact that they screwed this up, is incredibly lame and inexcusable. I'm a mid-level programming hack and even I can think of a number of ways to implement error checking on the uploaded code so this sort of thing never happens.
    I can't believe they haven't fixed this yet, what gives CapCom?!? We should all flood them with requests to fix this lol it's ridiculous
  • ElliePhilElliePhil ye boi Joined: Posts: 130
    I can't believe they haven't fixed this yet, what gives CapCom?!? We should all flood them with requests to fix this lol it's ridiculous

It's simple. Capcom hates everyone.
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,522
    Reading the Mike Z interview and how that all the frame data related bugs could be fixed in one day by one person has me facepalming
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
    Reading the Mike Z interview and how that all the frame data related bugs could be fixed in one day by one person has me facepalming
    I don't know why it's so surprising. It's just editing and data entry. Not exactly tasks that require a great deal of skill to perform. I also think Eternal's schedule is more feasible. One day for fixing followed by one day of testing. But yeah, Capcom has our money and therefore has no incentive to fix shit. Maybe we'll get a patch whenever the next costume pack is released. Maybe.
    House of Bane
    It honestly makes me so mad because there's nothing we can really do and it's just so pathetic that capcom hasn't fixed it yet, even though they admit they broke the game
    Just imagine when they finally do... we're all gonna be like "OMG THAT STING CAME OUT SO FAST!!!"
  • xlxlxlxlxlxlxlxl Joined: Posts: 2,008
    I just didn't patch the game. Not like online is worth playing anyways.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Steam: xlxlxlxl123 (Path of Exile, USIV, Awesomenauts, Dota 2)
  • PleasedontcussPleasedontcuss Joined: Posts: 98
    edited August 2014
    The game is currently run in tournaments and releasing a patch for a 360 game is a long and expensive process so instead of releasing a patch to only fix Decapre and Rolento they are probably going to combine those fixes with the other bug fixes they are doing and have one big patch. It also ensures that no matter what tournament or setup you play on the game is the same. It would be horrible if you had combos that worked at your weekly but not at a major because they played on 360 instead of ps3 or whatever.
    The game is currently run in tournaments and releasing a patch for a 360 game is a long and expensive process so instead of releasing a patch to only fix Decapre and Rolento they are probably going to combine those fixes with the other bug fixes they are doing and have one big patch. It also ensures that no matter what tournament or setup you play on the game is the same. It would be horrible if you had combos that worked at your weekly but not at a major because they played on 360 instead of ps3 or whatever.

Yeah I get that, they all have to be in sync... sucks that it's not that simple to get an update out on the 360 :( either way I really hope it comes out soon
  • TrapyTrapy orz Joined: Posts: 433
    xlxlxlxl wrote: »
    I just didn't patch the game. Not like online is worth playing anyways.
    yeah i did the same for some days, but as soon as you go out and play at your offline local scene, they all have the patched version, and that's even worse than not having practiced on the nerfed character at all
    Bison will bring Decapre back once Cammy sacrifices her frame advantage on Cannon Strike