BlazBlue Chrono Phantastma, Why does Noel Vermillion have 2 Astral Finishes?!

ArmyofprosArmyofpros Joined: Posts: 30
edited September 2014 in BlazBlue
Today I picked up the DLC for Noel's old costume. And I found out that not only do you get her old astral finish, you get both at the same time! You could combo into her old astral, or you could use her new one as a counter. It seems pretty cheap to have both options and makes her new costume worthless to play in. I was wondering if anyone knew if this is pretty much a gimmick costume just for fun or if it is banned in tournaments and frowned upon.
Post edited by Armyofpros on

Comments

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,582 mod
    Moving to the BB section.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    Old news
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
  • AirkAirk Joined: Posts: 1,024
    Meh; If you're in a position to combo into Astral, you would've been able to win that round some other way 90% of the time. It's not really a meaningful difference, IMHO.
  • ArmyofprosArmyofpros Joined: Posts: 30
    I'm glad people took the time to actually read this before posting...
    Airk wrote: »
    Meh; If you're in a position to combo into Astral, you would've been able to win that round some other way 90% of the time. It's not really a meaningful difference, IMHO.

That's not the point. I asked if it was banned in tournament environments and if its more of a gimmick costume for casual play.
    Old news

Thanks for answering the question.
  • AirkAirk Joined: Posts: 1,024
    Oh, sorry, I missed the question in the hyperbolic complaining. :P

It's not banned from tournaments, but at the same time you have no guarantee it will be available for tournaments (in general in fact, I expect it won't be). So maybe it's a sort of soft-ban.