Path of Exile: Legacy League is now live!

Comments

• Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    lol i face tanked Dominus (his electric people only took me down to 75%), but one of those powerful minions killed me in 2 hits. now i'm getting my poop pushed in on Act 4 bosses :rofl:
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    sonicabid consistently showing me how bad i am at character creation. they aren't even glass cannons :rofl: he hooked me up with some rings and an amulet that increased my DPS by 2k
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
  • ElderGODElderGOD GOD Joined: Posts: 9,800
    finally got a unique bow. Cadiro cleaned me out for an Infractem Decimation. someone donate about 300,000 jewller's orbs to turn this 1 socket into a 6...

Flash Fact: Infractem is an anagram of Minecraft. GGG named this bow after it because Notch donated a bunch of money to them.
  • ManxManx Something is wrong... Joined: Posts: 22,398 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What's the item level?
    ... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
    Achievement unlocked! Offered drugs to a SRKer in real life
    YOU'RE NOT EVEN ON! :mad:
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
    53 or 54 i think. probably too low for a 6 link. can get a 4 though.
    Manx wrote: »
    YOU'RE NOT EVEN ON! :mad:
    fool, i'm watching Billions right now! imma be on in 20 minutes! :mad:

@NastyManx @Sonicabid
    i keep trying to join the ElderGods guild but it says my character is already in a guild and won't let me. i guess i'll figure it out in a second.

• SonicabidSonicabid Mundus VS Devil Trigger Vergil Joined: Posts: 12,182
    finally got a unique bow. Cadiro cleaned me out for an Infractem Decimation. someone donate about 300,000 jewller's orbs to turn this 1 socket into a 6...

Flash Fact: Infractem is an anagram of Minecraft. GGG named this bow after it because Notch donated a bunch of money to them.

There's a guy who made a very famous Diablo 2 mod that donated to GGG who also designed a pretty badass item too. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Abyssus

Stuff like this is cool as hell. I haven't been on since a few weeks ago where I logged on and gave you random items. Dark Souls III took over. :rofl:
    MedianXL? That shit was fire! That helm is so MedianXL, too!

Getting DS3 soon. I really need to finish the other one before I invest in a new one.

:tup:

Official 'Kevin Witness'
    lol i'm lvl 68 getting blown up in Cruel's labyrinth. Infractem Bow is ok. with my power/frenzy charges i can pull around 6k dps. i'm about to play a bit before Game of Thrones. see me in deez streetz.
    What's killing you in Cruel Lab? I can run you through after Tuesday night.

Official 'Kevin Witness'
    just Izaro's skulls :rofl:. everything else is just a standard map to me. i'll probably try again tomorrow. my shows be on now though.
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What's a good Shadow build with elemental skills?
    All I do is draw naked birds all day.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
    League reset without me getting to play it lol.

I will take a day off from work next week to play this game, what's a good cookie cutter build to get to end game fast so I can farm the gear to make whatever I want to make.

I want to do 1-60 in under 5 hours ungeared.
    loXmIIE.jpg

puNyABV.jpg

dat monitor :badboy:
    ElderGOD wrote: »

I will take a day off from work next week to play this game, what's a good cookie cutter build to get to end game fast so I can farm the gear to make whatever I want to make.

1. We have gear.
    2. You can't go wrong with spectral throw.

It's been slim pickin for gear. I've had to buy all of mine since I can't get a decent drop of the right kind and I always see nice spell crit daggers drop when I'm not leveling a witch. :mad: It doesn't though. I found a Bino's that almost perfect since I don't need to worry about the damage roll and it's hella cheap.

Official 'Kevin Witness'
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,293
    Finally gave up on d3, can't endure to stare at walls any longer and tried PoE for pretty much the first time since closed beta.
    Last time I played it I got dizzy and a headache from it, don't know why. I blame the camera or some shit.

Thought it'd be harder to get into the whole system and I do enjoy it quite a bit so far.
    Only casually leveled to 50 right now, running a totem Scion build.
    Gud game, but screw the labyrinth.
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!

1. We have gear.
    2. You can't go wrong with spectral throw.

It's been slim pickin for gear. I've had to buy all of mine since I can't get a decent drop of the right kind and I always see nice spell crit daggers drop when I'm not leveling a witch. :mad: It doesn't though. I found a Bino's that almost perfect since I don't need to worry about the damage roll and it's hella cheap.

I will log on this weekend, when did league start again and when does it reset again?
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,293
    edited July 2016
    when did league start again and when does it reset again?
    Prophecy started on 3rd of June and will last 3 months. So ~halfway through.

Heretic's Veil dropped today, at last it's time for the RotC bow. Next stop, Cospri's. Another 4ex. ;_;
    And I really need to invest some $ into the game for the currency tab at least, ugh.

[e]AG4VWPk.jpg
    Today was a good day.
    Post edited by reh on
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
    edited July 2016
    @pedoviejo @Shaft Agent Let me know what your builds are and I'll share my gear. I've mostly got resist and evasion gear.

Here's about the best of it:

Evasion:
    M4zlIHX.png llR6DtK.png 03cotbY.png cx2qJkF.png ZFYXvQT.png

Life:
    ta1L3sC.png H4qzr6I.png eMckGsw.png 66pge1M.png DvINpfJ.png

Resists:
    QPiMsin.png h156e5e.png N7BjlgA.png ypKndUX.png eU0nUgM.png c6kXWuu.png vonMnXw.png imgnf05VXj.png M0TFfsI.png q7LUwEM.png

Chaos Resist:
    l1dl4yI.png

Physical/Elemental Damage to attacks:
    4u8aAZz.png ACLkLR0.png rVYuMvG.png UhEbWHs.png YyDczRB.png 6UgJNPx.png

Spell Damage:
    kFLRB8R.png

Mana Regen:
    2d3ppPa.png oq9mHwn.png

Movement boots:
    QJW67Pq.png QMwXXwR.png

Shitty weapons:
    32NWaUF.png sOVPUse.png HZramw5.png 4JabmOM.png Qab6Buc.png

LOL Some of that stuff could be upgrades for me, I just haven't checked yet after maxing my resists. :rofl: But let me know what you need. I have some uniques I can get off of too.

edit ~ Oh, let me know and we can Regal those magic items, if the item level is high enough to support it. I think I am going to Exalt that shield. Twice. :cool:

Official 'Kevin Witness'
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    @pedoviejo @Shaft Agent Let me know what your builds are and I'll share my gear. I've mostly got resist and evasion gear.

Here's about the best of it:

Evasion:
    M4zlIHX.png llR6DtK.png 03cotbY.png cx2qJkF.png ZFYXvQT.png

Life:
    ta1L3sC.png H4qzr6I.png eMckGsw.png 66pge1M.png DvINpfJ.png

Resists:
    QPiMsin.png h156e5e.png N7BjlgA.png ypKndUX.png eU0nUgM.png c6kXWuu.png vonMnXw.png imgnf05VXj.png M0TFfsI.png q7LUwEM.png

Chaos Resist:
    l1dl4yI.png

Physical/Elemental Damage to attacks:
    4u8aAZz.png ACLkLR0.png rVYuMvG.png UhEbWHs.png YyDczRB.png 6UgJNPx.png

Spell Damage:
    kFLRB8R.png

Mana Regen:
    2d3ppPa.png oq9mHwn.png

Movement boots:
    QJW67Pq.png QMwXXwR.png

Shitty weapons:
    32NWaUF.png sOVPUse.png HZramw5.png 4JabmOM.png Qab6Buc.png

LOL Some of that stuff could be upgrades for me, I just haven't checked yet after maxing my resists. :rofl: But let me know what you need. I have some uniques I can get off of too.

its gonna be a super basic duelsit earthquake build
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
    Armor is probably the best way to go then. I don't have a lot of armor items, but I sold a belt like this for 3c.

ta1L3sC.png

Official 'Kevin Witness'
    i stopped going for crit and went for speed and strength Scion with Bow. i'm halfway through lvl 71 and i'm getting smoked. i think all of my gear is in the 70s and i'm over 2k life. i just checked my resists and they all went down from 75% to low 50s-40s? i didn't change anything.
    edited July 2016
    Cruel and Merciless lowers your resists by 20% and 60%, respectively.

And yup. More life. I think I have some jewels that have Life if you can get some nodes. Usually people take 3 jewel nodes, which is ~ 21 - 24% extra life, give or take.

Official 'Kevin Witness'
    so I'm playing with my earthquake build, and some fucking mod changed my name. :mad:

its cool that my old build is still alive and well though, I got a complete free respec and made it a much more viable character as well. Question, do any of you have a blood magic gem I could borrow and or have?

@manx, for the rare gear that I have and have no need for it, do I dump it in the guild box? I still have a few pieces you gave me and they don't work with the Etheral Knives build i'm running.

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
    Ah, you're not playing prophecy if you got a respec. You're probably playing standard. We're all on Prophecy standard.

Yeah, just dump it in the guild cache. I'll log onto my standard characters and see what I have that I can donate.

Official 'Kevin Witness'
    Ah, you're not playing prophecy if you got a respec. You're probably playing standard. We're all on Prophecy standard.

Yeah, just dump it in the guild cache. I'll log onto my standard characters and see what I have that I can donate.

guess fleecejohnsonbottywarrior is gonna be canned permanatly then. I wish my prophecy league characters name wasn't changed to some random shit. Poundthatassfaggot was changed.

@Sonicabid Sold this today for 3c. Probably could have got more for it.

P9rMRtY.png

Oh well. :coffee:

Official 'Kevin Witness'
    @Sonicabid Sold this today for 3c. Probably could have got more for it.

P9rMRtY.png

Oh well. :coffee:

Hmm, I don't know enough about caster items to be able to price that. Did you compare it with similar ones on XYZ? It's what I always do if I think an item is worth something. Also it still had a slot for a craft mod. :tup:

You found that in Cruel, right? I'm using a ring I found in Cruel still and I'm level 80. I got an end-game ring in Cruel..shit like that is awesome.
    edited September 2016
    I want to play this but the short leagues and having to start from scratch on new league is such a turn off.

If I play Friday evening will any of you guys be around to show me what's new?

New league started December 2nd.

Who is playing this?

@Sonicabid @Manx @pedoviejo @Shaft Agent @reh @PozerWolf @odin @Rick Ross

I haven't played even when Act4 came out but I need to get back to this. Miss a game that had that Diablo 2 feel.

Also I maxed out everything purchasable for our guild back then, which was a while ago. If there's anything new that you need me to drop $$$ on let me know.
    I have been extremely busy and also unable to get the game to patch for the past 3 weeks. If I ever get it running, I will be playing as much as possible.

Official 'Kevin Witness'
  • Brightside6382Brightside6382 It can't be helped Joined: Posts: 950
    Somehow ripped sin act 3 normal. Fucking breaches.

Who is playing this?

I haven't played even when Act4 came out but I need to get back to this. Miss a game that had that Diablo 2 feel.

Also I maxed out everything purchasable for our guild back then, which was a while ago. If there's anything new that you need me to drop $$$ on let me know.
    my current character is around lvl40, Sonicabid probably has 3 or 4 lvl90 builds already.

you should party sometime
    edited December 2016
    @ElderGOD You haven't played the past couple of leagues right?

So much has changed you won't even recognize the game. I think you missed Ascendancy right? You can turn your character into a hybrid type of class now. :tup:

Who is playing this?

I got about ~8 or so games left to collect for my PlayStation Vita. Let me know if you want to help. :coffee: :rofl:

Who is playing this?

my current character is around lvl40, Sonicabid probably has 3 or 4 lvl90 builds already.

you should party sometime

I'm at level ~80 something but I haven't played the past few days. I will be back on soon though, Breach is making this one of the most fun Leagues in a while. I haven't bothered to Ascend yet(hate going through all the trials) but I really need to, because it's way too easy for my character to get GGPO'd when I pop a breach on higher maps. Maps themselves are the same as they've been, but man, the breaches don't fuck around, especially if there's a unique monster in the pack and he has a damage aura..a damage aura he's giving to his 200+ buddies that are trying to kill you. :lol:
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,243
    I have a character in level 70. The game has been pissing me off lately so I haven't been playing it much.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    I have a character in level 70. The game has been pissing me off lately so I haven't been playing it much.

Dying a lot to Breaches? If so don't feel bad man, those things are brutal.

I was like 85% to level 80-something, but then I got a couple of crazy Breaches and I lost about 35% of an experience bar from the deaths. I also haven't found an Exalted orb in like 2+ leagues now, which sucks.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,243
    Sonicabid wrote: »

Dying a lot to Breaches? If so don't feel bad man, those things are brutal.

I was like 85% to level 80-something, but then I got a couple of crazy Breaches and I lost about 35% of an experience bar from the deaths. I also haven't found an Exalted orb in like 2+ leagues now, which sucks.

Fuck those breaches. Each time I come close to leveling they get me on some bullshit and a handful of deaths undo hours of progress. This is just as bad as going through the trials.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 971
    I play some PoE. Played couple of years back for like a month... Then got back to it last season, got like level 80, and now I restarted with Breaches, I'm at like level 50.

It's pretty cool.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "I love My Little Pony so much it hurts".