Path of Exile: Legacy League is now live!

Comments

• Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i haven't died in a breach yet, but i'm still on normal. i switch to breach rings when i'm about to activate one. i put a bunch of them in the guild chest.
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
  • odinodin the final solution Joined: Posts: 14,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Don't play this game no more.
    Ever since they reset my skill points and I had no idea what path I used to equip all my gear.

Ruined the whole fucking game for me.
  • ManxManx Good waifu head Joined: Posts: 21,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Everyone's skill points get reset every league. That's how this game is played. The League lasts like 6 months and in that time you build the stupidist shit you can think of and get as much currency as possible. Jump back in, don't get tied to one character, and you'll learn to level up quickly. My personal best is getting to 60 in like 2 days of casual play. That character was broke as fuck, but still. It gets easier over time. I usually fall off ant get really lazy about mid-way through the league, but my main character still makes it to level 85, which is is pretty high.

:tup:
    ... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
    Achievement unlocked! Offered drugs to a SRKer in real life
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 826
    Your skill points don't get reset if you don't play in leagues...

Also, at the end of each league your character gets transferred to normal servers with your skills intact, that you can play forever.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "your mother".
  • ElderGODElderGOD GOD Joined: Posts: 9,703
    All my characters that were on normal servers had their skills reset.

I am assuming that it was probably due to changes that occurred in the actual tree due to a game patch that required refunding of skills.

I haven't played for a long time but will be on Saturday (or earlier if real life allows).
    Aaaah no idea then... I do know that my character from last league, was transferred to normal with all skill intact with the option of reset.

I guess it wasn't like that in the older leagues.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

• Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ok, NOW i'm getting rocked in breaches :lol:

i bought a Drillneck Quiver from some random for 5 chaos. been playing with it for a couple hours and i'm still not used to the pierce ability :rofl:

anybody got a belt?

and how to people get Exalted Orbs? dudes on the trade want like 8ex for Voltaxic Rift. i think ONE has ever dropped for me and i know i've put more than 300 hours into the game :rofl:
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
    Gonna try updating the game via my phone instead of Internet.

SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
  • SonicabidSonicabid This is Jon he Does It Joined: Posts: 11,822
    Been playing on and off. I logged on the other day after almost a week break and managed to ascend, bought an awesome 6 socket armor that I 5-linked in like 10 fusings, and managed to upgrade most of my gear. Highest maps I've done so far are Tier 9/10 and they've been extremely easy so far. Breaches can be nuts at times, but I find I rarely die on them now as opposed to earlier in the league with worse gear+lack of ascension.
    ok, NOW i'm getting rocked in breaches :lol:

i bought a Drillneck Quiver from some random for 5 chaos. been playing with it for a couple hours and i'm still not used to the pierce ability :rofl:

anybody got a belt?

and how to people get Exalted Orbs? dudes on the trade want like 8ex for Voltaxic Rift. i think ONE has ever dropped for me and i know i've put more than 300 hours into the game :rofl:

Gotta get lucky when it comes to Exalted Orbs. You need to hope one drops for you(I haven't seen a single one this league or the last) or hope you find an item that's really valuable, then from there you can trade it off on the PoE forums/XYZ. If you need a belt and you're a physical build, just snag a Meginord's for 1c. I always rock that belt.

Man I've definitely sunk more than 300 hours into this game and I've never seen a Voltaxic. Thing is rare as hell. There's a lot of rare items I've straight up never seen drop.
    Manx wrote: »
    Gonna try updating the game via my phone instead of Internet.

If you manage to get back on, you can have my old one-hand swards that I paid out the ass to buy. I got a 270 PDPS one and a 220ish PDPS one. Just let me know. :cool:
    Up in Dublins fuckin' Christina Aguilera sniffing Celine Dion's asscrack fulla fuckin' aloe vera
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,235
    edited December 2016
    Still going strong in Breach league, hope everyone else is having a good time.
    But boy oh boy, some of them are taking a huge toll on my potato PC's performance, especially the stacked Esh and Tul breaches.
    Stacking Blade Vortex, spamming Vinktar, Sin's Rebirth & Atziri flasks and hoping for the best works so far. God bless Vaal Pact. :v
    ༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
    edited December 2016
    That feel when you are back but you have to move the stuff from old leagues to standard.

I have 50 of those regulars tabs, now I see we have 4x tabs, time to spend more $$$ when I will be on Friday.
    edited December 2016
    Cyclone in breaches is the best thing ever.

They throw endless monsters at you and you ride the storm all over them.

#spin2win
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

Alright, I'm going to finish organizing my safe tomorrow night (I have ~44 safe tabs left to organize lol).

Anyone know which builds are hot right now to make for farming easily for first character?

Also if I have unlimited $$$ what's a good way to get godlike without breaking the ToS? Third party item selling is against the rules so I'm not going to do that.
    ElderGOD wrote: »
    Who is playing currently on the new league (not hardcore) and like what times?

i'm playing breach. i'll probably get on in an hour
    edited December 2016
    I'm playing Breach as well. It's my second season, so I'm still learning.

This game has a very good mix of farming and trolling global chat.

Me: "It's kinda sad PoE has to copy of Diablo 3 and failing at it."
    *40 people literally start arguing*
    *Read chat drama while farming maps*
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

• Brightside6382Brightside6382 It can't be helped Joined: Posts: 936
    I've almost RIP'd a few times shitposting global. Be careful
    i bought a Voltaxic Rift for one Orb of Fusing. it had no sockets on it. i wanna craft it. anybody got any Jeweller's and Fusing Orbs? i have 3 chaos orbs a few vaal orbs and i think a divine orb
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 8,363
    Ugh... time to give this game a 15th chance.
    All I do is draw naked birds all day.
    Twitter; PozerWolf
    i bought a Voltaxic Rift for one Orb of Fusing. it had no sockets on it. i wanna craft it. anybody got any Jeweller's and Fusing Orbs? i have 3 chaos orbs a few vaal orbs and i think a divine orb

Good fuckin' luck getting a 5-link.

Official 'Kevin Witness'
    100 fusings later and I didn't 5 link my Kaom's primacy. Fuck this game
    edited January 8
    Are odds still crap? I used like 3k fusings in the past to get 6 sockets linked up.

Also, when does the league end?
    I don't believe the fuse/sockets rates have changed to its still probably as bad as you remember. Breach runs until Feb 27
    i finally hit lvl 80 in on a character in my PoE career. also nobody here plays this game anymore :rofl: i've dropped so many uniques in the guild stash it's unreal.
    i finally hit lvl 80 in on a character in my PoE career. also nobody here plays this game anymore :rofl: i've dropped so many uniques in the guild stash it's unreal.

I'm down to play with you on Friday.
    Sorry, Shaft. I can't get the game to patch. I kinda want to try a OS reinstall, but I doubt it will work,. considering the message I'm getting.

Official 'Kevin Witness'
    As always I'll be back when the new league starts. I think Act V releases next month with the new update. :tup:
    Up in Dublins fuckin' Christina Aguilera sniffing Celine Dion's asscrack fulla fuckin' aloe vera
    Damn, that quick? Welp, by then I might have an entirely new PC, so hopefully I can fucking patch the damn game. :mad: I really want to play Act V.

Official 'Kevin Witness'
    yo, FUCK spider bosses :mad:
    I don't see you guys on @Manx @Shaft Agent

Last time I played there were only 3 acts.

Looks like there are new safes, I got like $1000 to spend.

I'm on.
    joining in 5 minutes.
    I want to buy stuff but all my Karma Koin cards are low ones that store had. Going to take me a while to scratch all these off and combine them haha.

AFK in game though.
    :rofl: ok. i was messaging you in-game. if you need some in-game currency i have some (not a bunch).
    edited January 30
    Post edited by Shaft Agent on

saw this yesterday. this might help you level quickly

saw this yesterday. this might help you level quickly

Helps with new content but he doesn't look like a pro racer and that build is on the opposite side of mine lol.

Very helpful nonetheless.
    can you give me a few hours, i just messed up my shoulder again :bluu:
    edited February 16
    Dunno if you guys seen this yet. But 3.0 got announced, supposed to come out this summer. 5 new acts, new zones, new quests, new skills, new enemies, new (up-gradable) god powers, new items, etc.

Looks massive af. Act 5 alone supposedly has 24 bosses, lul. Crazy how much they will add to the game. Also no more difficulty settings. Only one difficulty, no more repeating of old acts.

https://www.pathofexile.com/oriath

Trailer:

Video explaining acts:
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

t5Yij3K.gif
    Yeah, I saw that shit last night. I was bouncing in my chair and forgot I'm around people now. No body noticed.

Official 'Kevin Witness'
    That's a little misguiding. So its 1 brand new act and the rest re-skinned with new bosses thrown in? The fact that they eliminated cruel is enough for me to jump for joy but from the looks of the new content its Normal -> Merciless redux
    That's a little misguiding. So its 1 brand new act and the rest re-skinned with new bosses thrown in? The fact that they eliminated cruel is enough for me to jump for joy but from the looks of the new content its Normal -> Merciless redux

Nope, 5 straight up new acts. The video just shows one act.

IIRC GGG developers always wanted 10 acts but it wasn't realistic when they released the game, so thankfully since the game has become successful they're able to do it now. I just wish the console release was for PS4 as well instead of just for the Xbone. :tdown:
    Sonicabid wrote: »

Nope, 5 straight up new acts. The video just shows one act.

IIRC GGG developers always wanted 10 acts but it wasn't realistic when they released the game, so thankfully since the game has become successful they're able to do it now. I just wish the console release was for PS4 as well instead of just for the Xbone. :tdown:

That's good to hear that they went down that route.

I'm honestly more excited about some of the promised balance changes. They've been talking about general melee changes and upgrade for 1 handed weapons so I'm hoping sword/board becomes viable for end game content again.
    @ElderGOD hey, i added boel to the guild if that's alright. he's getting back into it.
    @ElderGOD hey, i added boel to the guild if that's alright. he's getting back into it.

You are a guild officer, I trust your decisions.