Only allowed 5 ignores? :|

EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionistJoined: Posts: 12,436
For a forum this large 5 ignores is nothing, could we at least get it increased to like 15?
http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.

Comments

• Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    By the way, @MrWizard this would be a great site update.

I know you don't go into GD much these days but there are a number of joke accounts I can no longer ignore because of the ignore limit. Would it be possible to up the number?
    This is offensive.
  • pootnanniespootnannies addicted to bad things Joined: Posts: 3,069
    i would also like to see the amount of ignores increased. bump
    visit the HD Sprite Thread- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/hi-def-sprite-thread-first-post-updated-1-9.32449/

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,000
    Most folks in the GD have more than 5 accounts, just accept defeat fellas.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 33,565
    crucades wrote: »

Damn Sennin...

But I wouldn't have a problem if I could unignore someone who deletes their account. I'm down to 4 slots because of that.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • SesshomaruSesshomaru Joined: Posts: 561
    Saitsu wrote: »
    crucades wrote: »

Damn Sennin...

But I wouldn't have a problem if I could unignore someone who deletes their account. I'm down to 4 slots because of that.

worlds_smallest_violin_poster_by_dr_j33-d32tvet.jpg

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 21,579
    Or maybe you can avoid threads or interactions of those who you dislike/disagree with.
    And reserve the ignores for those who actually SPAM the forums.

051615f987ce9a104602f0948a0fdf3453f984-wm.jpg
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Or maybe you can avoid threads or interactions of those who you dislike/disagree with.

051615f987ce9a104602f0948a0fdf3453f984-wm.jpg

Those who actually Spam don't need to be ignored because they'll eventually get banned anyway so it's irrelevant.

But you're saying that, everyone should avoid threads of people they don't like. So in other words you want them to leave the board entirely because they're butthurt and should get over it.
    We probably won't get an answer until after EVO, but some of you should mention this to Wiz in Vegas. I'd bring it up but I ain't going to EVO this year.
    This is offensive.
  • yoga fyahyoga fyah hype du jour Joined: Posts: 343
    That change is probably like 1 line of code smh
    edited June 2015

https://cdn-webimages.wimages.net/051615f987ce9a104602f0948a0fdf3453f984-wm.jpg

Those who actually Spam don't need to be ignored because they'll eventually get banned anyway so it's irrelevant.

But you're saying that, everyone should avoid threads of people they don't like. So in other words you want them to leave the board entirely because they're butthurt and should get over it.
    Or they should just grow up and forget it happens. But that is assuming people are reasonable.

So yeah if they are so butthurt they should quit. There is so many gluttons for punishment on SRK.

[Edit] so Cutwest the guy who had me on Ignore in a lame screen shot, the very next post has me in quotes.
    Hilarious.

https://cdn-webimages.wimages.net/051615f987ce9a104602f0948a0fdf3453f984-wm.jpg

Or they should just grow up and forget it happens. But that is assuming people are reasonable.

So yeah if they are so butthurt they should quit. There is so many gluttons for punishment on SRK.

Alright, you heard the man. What we should ask for is the elimination of the ignore list. True spammers get banned anyway, so otherwise people need to learn to deal with it. Time to learn real life skills, you can't ignore list people outside the internet.
    yoga fyah wrote: »
    That change is probably like 1 line of code smh
    Perhaps, but every ignored save is memory that tied up for settings instead of posts and messages.
    Maybe the forum engine can only handle only so many ignores?
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,288
    edited July 2015
    Five? That's way too many. It should be reduced to zero ignores. I notice that people tend to hide behind the ignore function when they start losing arguments. By removing the ignore function completely you give people more impetus to start acting like adults instead of calling their opponents "fagets" and running away shrieking with their fingers in their ears

I didn't know they limited the ignores here though, that's a good start.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

• 3rdStrikeAnnouncer3rdStrikeAnnouncer Joined: Posts: 102
    But then most people on SRK would only be able to see their own posts.

Yeah, that makes sense!
    hecatombz wrote: »
    Actually I rather just ignore idiots on here. It is pretty to ignore people in real life, all you have to do is never talk to them or see them again.

All right, that's cool!
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,665
    I actually never noticed we had an ignore button until reading this thread
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    Five? That's way too many. It should be reduced to zero ignores. I notice that people tend to hide behind the ignore function when they start losing arguments. By removing the ignore function completely you give people more impetus to start acting like adults instead of calling their opponents "fagets" and running away shrieking with their fingers in their ears

I didn't know they limited the ignores here though, that's a good start.

Except if you frequent General Discussion you're subject to joke account and bots and trolls. A high number of them, too. I ain't about that and I'd rather read about ass eating uninterrupted thank you very much.
    This is offensive.
    Raz0r wrote: »

Except if you frequent General Discussion you're subject to joke account and bots and trolls. A high number of them, too. I ain't about that and I'd rather read about ass eating uninterrupted thank you very much.

Yeah, I see.
  • specsspecs Excuse me, princess! Joined: Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Bottomless ignore would make me post semi-regularly again. Whether you consider that a pro or a con, there it is.
    Carlos and Dave Anime Rave is the BEST damn anime review show on the internet! AnimeRave.xyz
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 13,874 admin
    edited May 2016
    ^-- For you, I've bumped up your Ignore list slots so that you have 15 unused slots to play with now.

edit: And the current Ignore list limit is 20 these days.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382