The Marvel Studios thread | New trailer Ragnaroks the house!

Comments

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,483
    edited July 10
    It's like they can't decide on whether to nerf it or take it away entirely, because he definitely had Spider-Sense in Civil War.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,404
    edited July 10
    Impressing Stark sensei has been his motivation for the whole film. To gain resolve from his words fits perfectly with what we were presented.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
    edited July 10
    Impressing Stark sensei has been his motivation for the whole film. To gain resolve from his words fits perfectly with what we were presented.

But that moment was when he stopped doing shit just to impress Stark, and started realizing who he is and what he's about.

If anything, everyone's voices should have been in his head, Liz, Ned, May, etc... Not the silly line about the suit being the only thing pushing him.

The scene they ripped it from had Peter thinking about everyone who was counting on him, and how he wasn't going to fail Aunt May like he did Uncle Ben.

For the record, I'm being nitpicky... I just thought that was a way to improve upon the scene and show Peters true motivations for being a hero.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,857 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    so i guess we're gonna get the aunt may writing to the daily bugle storyline in part 2 to stop dissin spidey lol.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,815
    edited July 10
    Impressing Stark sensei has been his motivation for the whole film.
    Nope. Stopping Vulture was his motivation.

Stark repeatedly told him he didn't want him to fight the Vulture, but he did.

Same way he fought the bank robbers. Peter was fighting crime way before he came to notice by Tony.
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    maxx wrote: »
    finally saw the movie...so is spider senses not a thing anymore? i cant remember but didnt amazing spiderman take that out too?

also the movie makes me realize how much of a better father son relationship peter has with reed than tony

also im a bit confused where this movie takes place in the mcu universe.

Spider sense did not even a passing mention in the movie, only his super strength but it is there in a subtle way.

Reed is an actual dad while Tony is uh, Tony I guess.

It's basically New York and DC when they go for the academic decathlon.
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,815
    I personally don't care at all about Spider-Sense.

I didn't even remember he used to have that power while watching the movie.

I'd be completely OK if this version doesn't even have it.
    edited July 10
    tataa8P wrote: »
    finally saw the movie...so is spider senses not a thing anymore? i cant remember but didnt amazing spiderman take that out too?

also the movie makes me realize how much of a better father son relationship peter has with reed than tony

also im a bit confused where this movie takes place in the mcu universe.

Spider sense did not even a passing mention in the movie, only his super strength but it is there in a subtle way.

Reed is an actual dad while Tony is uh, Tony I guess.

It's basically New York and DC when they go for the academic decathlon.

Timeline wise aspects don't make sense seriously ie pepper. Also why did Tony make a new cap shield

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    From what I gathered, this movie takes place a few weeks after Civil War. The Cap vignettes were recorded beforehand, hence the gym teacher's line about, "Pretty sure that guy's a war criminal now."
    The Cap vignettes were recorded in the timeframe of the first Avengers movie. He's wearing the costume from that movie.
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Finally a good spidey film after spider-man 2. Realized that almost all of the movies I watched that has Keaton in it has yet to disappoint me with his acting. Hell I even enjoyed multiplicity. He was great as the vulture.

Like I said im civil war and the spidey casting I was disappointed when they casted holland but it was great that he proved me wrong. Kid really worked for the role.

It was funny that almost everyone in queens recognizing how hot hot aunt may is.

Surprised with the twist with liz but hey can't get everything. Yeah missing some spider sense. I love that ability.
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
  • deadlythedragondeadlythedragon Joined: Posts: 14
    The problem is usually that Parker is only said to be smart, but usually does a ton of really stupid dumb ass shit. He's really not that smart honestly.

Because he's still young

He actually is really smart because of all the experiments and his own webs he created
    He helped Dr Connor figure shit out and so on

And when he runs into someone who gives him trouble with his web slinger he modifies it

Did most of you watch Spiderman after 2000 or something?
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The Cap vignettes were recorded in the timeframe of the first Avengers movie. He's wearing the costume from that movie.

I concur, and Po is right about the statement from the gym teacher too.
    The mention of the shield prototype and Thor's belt is meant for the Infinity War punch-up which will be amazing if Captain America Civil War is anything to go by.
    Seeing Pepper in the last few scenes was really surprising as they had "conveniently" separated her from Tony back in Civil War but whatevs.

Going forward, I'm expecting the next Spidey sequel to be ridiculously good.
  • deadlythedragondeadlythedragon Joined: Posts: 14
    edited July 10
    I liked the movie overall. Vulture is definitely one of the better MCU villains out there. But there were some things that really bothered me.
    One of the really big hangups I had with this movie is that they really seemed to dial back Spidey's competence a lot. The general setting reminds me a lot of Spectacular--in that it's a really young Peter dealing with balancing high school life with superheroics--but in that cartoon, he was a lot more self-sufficient and could handle most problems with his own power and ingenuity. Homecoming shares a trait with the Ultimate cartoon in that Spidey's a lot less capable and in need of frequent adult supervision. Karen in particular bugged the hell out of me, despite having some funny lines. Why is there a need for Spider-Man to have a backseat driver?

Peter also doesn't seem to have Spider-Sense in this movie or something. If he does, then it's severely nerfed, since there are a lot of times where it definitely should have activated but it didn't.
    Peter did need adult supervision. From the start Peter was throwing his life away waiting for Stark to put him in the Avengers. He quit band, robotics, baited on the decathlon, skipping classes, etc. He kept fucking up. Spidey is 15 in this movie so needing to be mentored makes perfect sense.

Peter didn't seem to have his Spider-Sense at all. He was blindsided a lot in this movie and didn't sense any of it coming. It makes no sense since he had it in Civil War.

he's saying Peter Parker shouldn't need it adult supervision. This Peter Parker is a lot more juvenile than the Peter park in the cartoons

It seems they're going with the ultimate Spiderman format more than the older ones

I like the new technology
    What I don't like is that it all comes from Tony stark instead of Peter park himself

Making horrible life decisions is a hallmark of the character. If anyone needs mentorship it's definitely a teenage Peter. Even the older ones he always took advice from other heroes. He would always go to the Fantastic Four and Daredevil for guidance.

As for the tech, how do you expect a 15 year old kid from low income to develop his own? The best he can do is salvage what he can find as alluded in Civil War. Even then the web shooters were the best thing he came up with.

Guess I'm just used to an older Peter Parker

Peter Parker has always been really smart
    I'm just saying if they're gonna give him a twist why not give him some credit for his gadgets
    Instead he's a product of iron man now

Peter is smart but he's never been an investor on the level of Reed Richards, Tony Stark and Black Panther. If Pete was really smart would have patented his web fluid and been printing money for life.

That's just the flaws of Peter Parker writing
    He works in a lab and makes money taking photos
    He isn't a business man like the others. He's still just as intelligent

Being money smart and street smart are not the same thing

And besides masks were used for a reason. Spiderman isn't gonna patented his own creation lol it's supposed to be a secret

They fucked up making him tiny Starks step son essentially
    He's basically only Spiderman because Tony stark have him everything

Looks like we grew up with different Spidermans
    edited July 10
    tataa8P wrote: »

I concur, and Po is right about the statement from the gym teacher too.
    The mention of the shield prototype and Thor's belt is meant for the Infinity War punch-up which will be amazing if Captain America Civil War is anything to go by.
    Seeing Pepper in the last few scenes was really surprising as they had "conveniently" separated her from Tony back in Civil War but whatevs.

Going forward, I'm expecting the next Spidey sequel to be ridiculously good.

Ya the pepper thing just didn't make sense. New shield was an interesting note. So it's interesting he gets to keep the suit. Is the new suit he didn't agree to, is that the real iron spider suit? Or just an excuse for cosplayers to make new suits.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Ya the pepper thing just didn't make sense. New shield was an interesting note. So it's interesting he gets to keep the suit. Is the new suit he didn't agree to, is that the real iron spider suit? Or just an excuse for cosplayers to make new suits.

I would guess that it's the Iron Spider suit as looking at how powerful Thanos will be in Infinity War, all the heroes need to put up a fight somehow.
    Speaking of the suit, love how they leave it in a regular brown paper bag on his bed and then May walks in on him after he wears it.
    I lol'd when they cut the scene as she was saying, "What the f?!"
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    We can only assume that it's probably the MCU version of Iron Spider. The metallic finish is really the only indicator though since it wasn't red and gold as far as I could tell, and we don't see any capabilities of it.
    NeoBlood wrote: »
    We can only assume that it's probably the MCU version of Iron Spider. The metallic finish is really the only indicator though since it wasn't red and gold as far as I could tell, and we don't see any capabilities of it.

It has the same spider emblem as the Iron Spider costume.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,817
    The problem is usually that Parker is only said to be smart, but usually does a ton of really stupid dumb ass shit. He's really not that smart honestly.

Because he's still young

He actually is really smart because of all the experiments and his own webs he created
    He helped Dr Connor figure shit out and so on

And when he runs into someone who gives him trouble with his web slinger he modifies it

Did most of you watch Spiderman after 2000 or something?
    No he does stupid as fuck shit as an adult to.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    edited July 10
    hoo boy.

for the nth time:
    peter parker in the books has been written as having genius levels of academic intelligence but with the death of his uncle ben, he has been impaired with the emotional intelligence of a 4-year old child.
    3C9wsXX.jpg

should really be like this
    Uncle+ben+dies+_d8f48cded2d9377b9cbe3a0ed299b9b9.jpg

move along now.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,820
    So zendaya isn't really Mary Jane:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/07/09/spider-man-homecoming-producers-on-the-reveal-of-that-characters-nickname

Oh well... cool new character they can build an interesting arc around.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,627

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/07/09/spider-man-homecoming-producers-on-the-reveal-of-that-characters-nickname

They been saying this since before the movie launched.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,820

I didn't really pay attention before launch.
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 13,939 admin
    Milana Vayntrub? That sounds awesome. Hopefully it's on the good side of awful.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

im calling bullshit for now. she purposely made her grungy as fuck for this movie. they gonna do an ugly ducklin move by part 2..you gonna have freddie prince jr doin a cameo n shit

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    good review. talks about the exact problems ive had with tobey and andrew. tobey being good peter and bad spiderman and andrew being the reverse. i disagree with the idea of the other suit being for miles eventually.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Someone made the point that homecoming spidey fear of heights mirror miles. I'm not familiar with the miles spidey so I don't know.
  • dodgers2213dodgers2213 Joined: Posts: 3,005
    SJW the movie. Fuck all this shit. Would have been better of it fucking was Miles not Peter. Garbage ass movie
    Steam- Dodgers2213
    PS4-- Dodgers2213
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,705
    Miles is #notmySpidey
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    edited July 11
    Someone made the point that homecoming spidey fear of heights mirror miles. I'm not familiar with the miles spidey so I don't know.

must be a really early fear. i dont remember that being a thing. But i feel like peter just not being comfortable going that high is normal.

.....must not engage sjw troll...must not engage troll.

Wasted wrote: »
    Miles is #notmySpidey

lol what about the other 6 niggas who been spiderman?

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,705
    edited July 11
    Most of them at least had some connection to Peter. I don't mind Miles as a character, but unlike say, with the Hawkeyes, there ain't room for two Spideys in one universe.

If they kill off Peter in the main universe, let Miles step up, sure.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    Wasted wrote: »
    Most of them at least had some connection to Peter. I don't mind Miles as a character, but unlike say, with the Hawkeyes, there ain't room for two Spideys in one universe.

If they kill off Peter in the main universe, let Miles step up, sure.

i see it more as once peter moves up to the big leagues miles helps out the lil guy. Not saying they work the same blocks or areas. The marvel universe is gigantic...their is plenty of enough room for them to both be around and not cross paths unless necessary. The fuckin defenders literally work in the same fuckin 5 blocks and they can easily not see eachother lol.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • dodgers2213dodgers2213 Joined: Posts: 3,005
    po pimpus wrote: »
    They shouldn't have said anything... The salt from white people was seasoning my food amazingly.

I'm Latino. You don't need to be white to hate the ridiculous forced diversity and how in your face it is
    Steam- Dodgers2213
    PS4-- Dodgers2213
  • YMDSLTSACYMDSLTSAC Joined: Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    If they had to change Flash should have just made him a Black jock; would have been far more realistic.

Also I want to see them do MJ justice just one time; Kirsten Dunst wasn't cutting it.
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
    -Buddha

"Don't let it happen to you like it did to me, I was a black zombie."
    YMDSLTSAC wrote: »
    If they had to change Flash should have just made him a Black jock; would have been far more realistic.

Also I want to see them do MJ justice just one time; Kirsten Dunst wasn't cutting it.

The point was not to have a jock at all. No matter what race

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,399
    Watched it finally. Enjoyed it the hell out of it. Probably pop in Spider-Man 2 for fun since it's been a grip since i seen it.
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,441
    Zendaya was probably the best thing about this movie. Why people hating on her?

Im not talking bout looks, im talking bout how well she did in this movie. Movie needs more of her
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It was a good movie, i would pay to see it again. Weirdly, my most favorite part of the film was the marvel intro with the whole Spider-man theme.

Contrary, as good as it is, and how big of a Marvel/Spidey fan i am... i did like Wonder Woman a little bit better.
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,627

im calling bullshit for now. she purposely made her grungy as fuck for this movie. they gonna do an ugly ducklin move by part 2..you gonna have freddie prince jr doin a cameo n shit

What does any of that have to do with her playing Michelle Jones?