The Marvel Studios thread | New trailer Ragnaroks the house!

Comments

• The DamnedThe Damned Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken? Joined: Posts: 10,724 mod
    (But of course. It's Bendis, whose writing tends to be talkative and mediocre at the best times and tends to only be comfortable writing stuff related to Spider-Man.)

Still, it says a lot that the above is hardly the worst version of Doom we ever got, even in comic-books, and that most people basically believed rather quickly it was a malfunctioning Doom-bot given Doom has that convenient excuse in (too) many instances. [/Doom]
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,504
    Antonio-Sabato-Jr-2.jpg

How perfect would he be
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,881
    Fucking auto-correct. Now you mention it I wouldn't mind seeing Brie Larson dancing as Carol.

I guess she could work in the role, just needs a little more meat on her bones. I thought she was older than 26.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,993
    If you want a real shitty written Doom then look no further than Hudlin's Black Panther. It was the arc where Panther and Storm were visiting all the other fictional nations of Marvel and establishing relations with their leaders. Doom came off as a racist in the issue he appeared in.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,322
    edited June 2016
    Fuck Reggie Wudlin.

There's a reason the Boondocks lit into that nigga on multiple occasions.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,322
    No, I just hate Reggie Hudlin.

Doom can be as racist as he wants to be... He doesn't seem to be too fond of mutants, either.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    It would be pretty stupid for a character who suffered from heavily prejudice for being a gypsy be a racist. The guy can't stand being in the same room as the Red Skull.
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    po pimpus wrote: »
    You know its bad writing, because Doom isn't even referring to himself in third-person in that nonsensical and hilariously bad tirade.

Its obviously a Doombot that was reprogrammed as a pimp who breaks the laws of ebonics.

I'm sure it won't happen but Charlize Theron would make a good Captain Marvel to me.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,934
    Since the ideal Namor is The Rock and he is signed on to play Black Adam in the DC movies, I am cool with whoever, Namor looks Asian in more 45% of his appearances especially the early ones, so Asian Namor is fine with me.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • The DamnedThe Damned Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken? Joined: Posts: 10,724 mod
    edited June 2016
    (I'd be more than fine with Charlize Theron as well, though really I'd likely be fine with anyone for Carol so long as they can actually act.)

On the one hand, let's not pretend that minorities can't be racist or otherwise bigoted against other minorities (or even against majorities) since we all know they totally can be if we're being truthful. So Doom being Roma doesn't exempt him from being possibly racist. He's at least shown bias against mutants as a whole, and that's despite the fact that early in Storm's career he kidnapped her to be his bride.

On the other hand, let's similarly not pretend that a (too) large part of Hudlin's writing is making all of the people that go against Black Panther laughably ultra-racist, like there's no other possible reason anyone would have a reason to go against T'Challa except for "he's black". Hudlin is a rather hack writer in at least that regard and arguably others.

Regardless, I'm not sure why we're even talking about Doom being potentially racist (or why RockBogart edited the n-word into his post as if that would get the point across better) given how much of a non-issue it is for the most part, especially since MCU unfortunately doesn't have rights to Doom still.

(Also, I thought that "canon" basically straight-up ignored what happened in the Unthinkable arc anyway given that was ultimately written to sully Doom's "nobility" by having him do truly monstrous things...before he apparently started blowing up entire universes because he "had to" in the lead-in to the whole "Battleworld" thing about a decade later.)
    Post edited by The Damned on
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
    RockBogart wrote: »
    He out here using bitches skin for armor but you dont want to think that he's the type of guy to use nigger behind your back

He wouldn't. Only a hack like Hudlin would make Doom a racist for no good reason.
    Jeff Goldblum talks about his role in Thor.
    http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/jeff-goldblum-talks-thor-ragnarok-grandmaster/

Filming starts a month from now and the director is encouraging him to do what he wants with the role.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,329 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wil wrote: »
    Michael Phelps for Namor.

No special effects needed for his swimming abilities.

Kappa

i dont think theirs enough weed in colorado to make his acting competent. ive seen too many of his interviews to know hes basically like 80-90% of the fgd forum..too fuckin akward.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,702
    edited June 2016

Thank Goodness. Outside of the new Iron Man theme (which is just ok), I am not really that crazy about Brian Tyler's work. Glad to see that Silvestri returning. I wish that Patrick Doyle was working on Thor: Ragnarok. The score in the first movie was much better than Tyler's work for The Dark World.
    Post edited by Optimus124 on
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 3,995
    Benedict Cumberbatch probably would been a good Namor
    Beefed up a lil

edited June 2016
    Marvel needs to give my nigga Harry Gregson-Williams some work.

He does have a pretty solid catalog of work. I can get behind that one.

I don't know about you guys, but I thought Henry Jackman did a pretty good job composing Civil War's score.
    Post edited by Optimus124 on
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Civil War's soundtrack was great. Especially the song used in trailers.
    Civil War's soundtrack was great. Especially the song used in trailers.

I wish that music in trailers were done by the actual composers. If you have one of the streaming services for music, look up "epic music" and occasionally you'll find a few familiar pieces.

The first Civil War Trailer was a track from Dean Valentine called "Sharks Don't Sleep".

• RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah, i just found that out a few min ago when i tried to look it up
    Kenneth Choi joins the Spider-Man as Peter's Principal.
    http://deadline.com/2016/06/kenneth-choi-spiderman-homecoming-movie-1201770179/

This guy was also in first Captain America movie as a member of the Howling Commandos.
    edited June 2016
    (Yeah, he was Gabe Morita in The First Avenger. I wonder if they'll have his character in Homecoming related to that character then. It might be nice to do so, especially if Captain America shows up in Homecoming like how Chris Evans supposedly wants to know.)

Huh. I hadn't known that it was supposedly Michael Keaton who signed up to play The Vulture even though I vaguely remember someone mentioning that it was rumored that The Vulture was going to be the villain in Homecoming: http://deadline.com/2016/05/jeff-goldblum-karl-urban-thor-ragnorak-michael-keaton-spider-man-homecoming-1201760365/.

That's rather amusing given his role in Birdman; it would be extra amusing if Emma Stone was also in this movie despite being in the Amazing Spider-Man movies (that I never watched).
    Post edited by The Damned on

- P. G. Wodehouse
    I hope the curveball we get

Michael Keaton: Norman Osborne
    Iron man would still be rdj
    War Machine would have been Carl Weathers

Black Panther would have been Eddie Murphy
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,485 mod
    edited June 2016
    Yeah, I particularly don't get Fishburne, aside from Apocalypse Now, he was relatively low key in the 80s.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,881
    edited June 2016
    Cowboy Curtis, motherfucker.

Also, his relative unknown in the 80s is similar to Chadwick Boseman up until now.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    dab00g wrote: »
    I hope the curveball we get

Michael Keaton: Norman Osborne

Fuck outta here with Osborne. Last two Spider-man movie series covered Osborne. Spidey got some other great villains that can use the shine. Hoping the Vulture rumors are true.
  • odinodin is october coming? Joined: Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Anna needs to learn that wrestling in a two man job and you gotta lift yourself up lol
    Otherwise, she gonna get that Styles Clash.
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,160
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    a proper venom with super-sized tentacle symbiote, muscle-bound with the long-ass devil tongue and alien rows of teeth; mysterio should be another good candidate to be the on-screen villain for the new spidey movie trilogy
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -