The Marvel Studios thread | New trailer Ragnaroks the house!

Comments

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,220
    tataa8P wrote: »
    a proper venom with super-sized tentacle symbiote, muscle-bound with the long-ass devil tongue and alien rows of teeth; mysterio should be another good candidate to be the on-screen villain for the new spidey movie trilogy

No to Venom.

This Spider-Man is too young to be dealing with all that bullshit anyway.

I do agree that Mysterio needs a movie appearance.

"Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    the MCU films have been dipping in and out of space/alien-related threads so why not venom?
    the flash thompson version sprung to mind but ah, anyway that was just me hoping marvel could do it awesome just like they did with BP in civil war.
    eddie brock is old-hat and the goblin is tired. kraven the hunter would be fire though.
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    For a character so related to the movie industry, I'm honestly surprised Mysterio hasnt been used yet.

I always thought Kraven and Chameleon would be good as a team effort.
    Kraven as the brawn, and Chamelon bringing his spy and subterfuge bit, manipulating events through his disguises.
    while hinting toward their family history.
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,543
    For a character so related to the movie industry, I'm honestly surprised Mysterio hasnt been used yet.

Kraven as the brawn, and Chamelon bringing his spy and subterfuge bit, manipulating events through his disguises.

Mysterio is tough because it can be hard to give him an angle that makes you take him seriously...but at the same time still be Mysterio. I just don't know if he can carry a movie. He could barely carry a game.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,933
    I think the movie costume designers don't want to go through the trouble of making the fish bowl work.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,361
    Since when do the costume designers have a say? :rofl:
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    hey, they made it work with Hellboy 2's johann krauss and that was a long-ass time ago. fuck it, where's my hellboy 3? inb4 ron perlman gets old lolololol
    but seriously though, they can ditch mysterio's fishbowl costume like halfway through the movie and go for something contemporary but still keep the villain menacing and the plot coherent imo.
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • NickRocksNickRocks Lil B Was Right Joined: Posts: 22,632
    edited June 2016
    First off Danny Glover as War Machine is just LMAOOOOOO

secondly venom needs to be a 2 part movie cause i want a proper symbiote spidey film, black suit still the best suit fuck the haters!

And thirdly venom needs to be more mcfarlane and less larsen. Big creepy smile no tongue bodybuilder mass but agile af. Eddie Brock is the only Venom Ill love. Civil wars peter vs a grown ass mass monster venom would make for some awesome visuals
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I wonder if they will put Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin in the next Spider Man movie? That would be dope as fuck.
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
    RockBogart wrote: »
    NickRocks wrote: »
    First off Danny Glover as War Machine is just LMAOOOOOO

secondly venom needs to be a 2 part movie cause i want a proper symbiote spidey film, black suit still the best suit fuck the haters!

And thirdly venom needs to be more mcfarlane and less larsen. Big creepy smile no tongue bodybuilder mass but agile af. Eddie Brock is the only Venom Ill love. Civil wars peter vs a grown ass mass monster venom would make for some awesome visuals

tumblr_mhs4geXjm61qzcxrno1_400.gif

You still mad huh lmao
    King of the Post-09ers
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,373 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    NickRocks wrote: »
    You still mad huh

About....?
    I dont know i just like fuckin w u no homo
    King of the Post-09ers
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,890
    edited June 2016
    Lantis wrote: »
    I wonder if they will put Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin in the next Spider Man movie? That would be dope as fuck.

They won't. D'onofrio said no one has ever approached him with the idea.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,432
    Who knew the concave ass and bony structure would run through hollywood

Maybe he head game is on point
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 467
    edited July 2016
    Saitsu wrote: »

Mysterio is tough because it can be hard to give him an angle that makes you take him seriously...but at the same time still be Mysterio. I just don't know if he can carry a movie. He could barely carry a game.

Lets be real, the only time anyone took Mysterio seriously in anything wasn't even in a Spider-Man book or game, but in Old Man Logan lol.
    Rip sig.
  • The DamnedThe Damned Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken? Joined: Posts: 10,721 mod
    (Indeed, I honestly still think of Mysterio more of as Daredevil villain than a Spider-man one. I wonder if that means he'll show up in the Daredevil Netflix series.)

Hmmm...looking at the spoiler, that does sound rather plausible, especially given Idris Elba's previous complaints. If that's actually true, then I don't actually mind having it spoiled so long as the movie is more than decently executed given that plot itself sound more than decent.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
  • KimuraLOXKimuraLOX Step into my zone, mad rhymes will stifle ya Joined: Posts: 4,047
    Guess that's how they're handling the Planet Hulk storyline, if that spoiler is true. Eh, it's better than nothing...wait-
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,543
    So who's ready for Iron Woman?
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,222

Psycho Josh
  • infrequent lurkerinfrequent lurker I'm not here Joined: Posts: 1,514

Tony needs a new black best friend since Jim Rhodes is dead.

Dude, spoiler alert.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,220
    Don't fucking play with me, Marvel... Are these fuckers going to really undo the worst decision in comics since allowing Zack Snyder anywhere near Superman?

*Yes, I'm aware that Zack Snyder came after One More Day, but FUCK ZACK SNYDER.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,277 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    is that baby may???
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,866
    That shit happened last year in Secret Wars. Emphasis on "Marvel NOW" on the cover.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • The DamnedThe Damned Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken? Joined: Posts: 10,721 mod
    maxx wrote: »
    is that baby may???

I doubt it.

I haven't read (American) comics in forever, but that looks more like Araña's original costume from what little I know of her. Also I don't think that the Mayday Parker version of Spider-Girl ever existed in main 616 universe at any point outside of, apparently, Spider Verse technicalities.

Of course Battle World bullshit could have changed that, so I could very well be wrong.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,933
    is that baby may???

No, that's baby Ana.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,368 mod
    edited July 2016
    Wasted wrote: »
    That shit happened last year in Secret Wars. Emphasis on "Marvel NOW" on the cover.

It's being continued in a new book this year.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/11/scoop-gerry-conway-and-ryan-stegman-revisit-renew-your-vows-for-marvel-now/

EDIT: It's being called Marvel NOW! because they're launching a "Marvel NOW! 2.0" later this year.

From CBR:
    Here's the full list of new Marvel NOW! titles, and their respective creative teams ("W" denotes writer, "A" is artist):

Avengers by Mark Waid (W) and Mike Del Mundo (A)
    Occupy Avengers by David Walker (W) and Gabriel Walta (A)
    U.S.Avengers by Al Ewing (W) and Paco Medina (A)
    Ultimates(2) by Al Ewing (W) and Travel Foreman (A)
    Great Lakes Avengers by Zac Gorman (W) and Will Robson (A)
    The Unstoppable Wasp by Jeremy Whitely (W) and Elsa Charretier (A)
    Venom by Mike Costa (W) and Gerardo Sandoval (A)
    Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows by Gerry Conway (W) and Ryan Stegman (A)
    Avengers #1.1 by Mark Waid (W) and Barry Kitson (A)
    Doctor Strange: Sorcerers Supreme by Robbie Thompson (W) and Javier Rodriguez (A)
    Star-Lord by Chip Zdarsky (W) (artist not listed)
    Slapstick by Reilly Brown & Fred Van Lente (W) and Reilly Brown & Mike Norton (A)
    Solo by Gerry Duggan & Geoffrey Thorne (W) and Paco Diaz (A)
    Foolkiller by Max Bemis (W) and Dalibor Talajic (A)
    Prowler by Sean Ryan (W) and Jamal Campbell (A)
    Returning titles for October, and their respective creative teams, include:

Spider-Man #12 by Brian Michael Bendis (W) and Sara Pichelli (A)
    Uncanny Avengers #14 by Gerry Duggan (W) and Pepe Larraz (A)
    Black Panther #7 by Ta-Nehisi Coates (W) and Chris Sprouse (A)
    Thunderbolts #7 by Jim Zub (W) and Jon Malin (A)
    Doctor Strange #12 by Jason Aaron (W) and Chris Bachalo (A)
    The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #16 by Ryan North (W) and Erica Henderson (A)
    Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! #11 by Kate Leth (W) and Brittney L. Williams (A)
    The Totally Awesome Hulk #15 by Greg Pak (W)
    Silk #13 by Robbie Thompson (W) and Tana Ford (A)
    Deadpool & The Mercs for Money by Cullen Bunn (W) and Iban Coello (A)
    is that baby may???

It's Annie Parker from Renew Your Vows (Earth-18119), though for all intents and purposes, they're basically the same character.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,866
    Ah, cool, but I'm not getting my hopes up about Pete and MJ. Isn't he still banging Cindy?
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,484
    Ah, cool, but I'm not getting my hopes up about Pete and MJ. Isn't he still banging Cindy?

Don't think Cindy lasted. Pete is just currently being a shitty CEO. What's weird is that one seems to be the actual Amazing Spider-Man book since the new The Clone Conspiracy is the one where Slott will be writing.
    BFSSbRRl.jpg

I want to believe...

You and me both...
    1468264313330.jpg

Fun stuff: Nova has no writer right now and Andy Lanning was being cute when someone asked him on twitter if he was going to write it. It really might be happening. Or it's a new 15 year old lesbian latina taking over as Nova Prime.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,368 mod

Might be a different Pete, same way DC handled having 2 Supermen last year.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,484
    d3v wrote: »

Might be a different Pete, same way DC handled having 2 Supermen last year.

Post OMD Pete is going to die with Pre-OMD Pete coming Battle World to take over as the main Spider-Man with Annie and MJ? I'd be ok with that.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.