The Marvel Studios thread | New trailer Ragnaroks the house!

Comments

• MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,814
    WW is still on the top of the game over Homecoming, because it had better critical reception. At this moment it's obvious and known for everyone DC movies are not going to surpass Marvel at box office, but thanks to WW they have the hopes they're getting closer.
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 521
    Wonder Woman and Spiderman have virtually the exact same amount of critical praise between them. On Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB Spiderman is slightly higher and on Metacritic Wonder Woman is slightly higher. Saying Wonder Woman has better critical reception just isn't true. The praise is essentially the same.
    edited July 12
    But at least theyy can't accuse WW of not bringing something new to the big screen.

Homecoming is a good representation of Spider-Man, but it's still the same Marvel formula all over again.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,046
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,811
    Zendaya wa
    Magegg wrote: »
    WW is still on the top of the game over Homecoming, because it had better critical reception. At this moment it's obvious and known for everyone DC movies are not going to surpass Marvel at box office, but thanks to WW they have the hopes they're getting closer.

DC knows no such thing. WW about to pass 1 billion worldwide. They done expect to do worse than Marvel at this point.

And the critical reception is about the same.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • NickRocksNickRocks SATSUI NO SABU Joined: Posts: 22,561
    i am not going to watch any more trailers for bp i dont want too much to be given away like they did with homecoming
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 13
    RockBogart wrote: »
    dn3000 wrote: »
    New meme incoming.. If I was going to the Black Panther premier.. id be like:
    tumblr_mqohqx0nWv1sbu02po2_1280-e1474563049911-672x372.jpg

eddie-murphy-inline-37e7144c-6d83-481d-88ec-b75f1cf8e458.jpg

You're late af

'Black' people time nigga!! lol
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,606
    I seriously wonder how they're going to fit everyone into Infinity War.

But for now, goddamn things are looking good.
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,398
    edited July 16
    I heard that the MCU Black Order will be Thanos adopted kids like Gamora and Nebula.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,323 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That's honestly not too far off from how he treats them with the exception of Maw
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,126
    Son. I hope BP goes toe to toe with Black Dwarf and sends his ass running.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,142
    Not quite movie related but Marvel land to be a thing at Disneyland or rather Disney California Adventure park.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/07/immersive-super-hero-experience-coming-to-disney-california-adventure-park/
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,473
    Infernoman wrote: »
    Not quite movie related but Marvel land to be a thing at Disneyland or rather Disney California Adventure park.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/07/immersive-super-hero-experience-coming-to-disney-california-adventure-park/

Won't have any mutants or Doom, so fuck 'em.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,046
    Rumor is MCU might be getting back Fantastic Four as they are rumored to be in infinity wars
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Rumor is MCU might be getting back Fantastic Four as they are rumored to be in infinity wars

Biggest rumor at the moment. Black Order reveal just squashed that for now but wouldn't be surprised when SDCC drops in. BP versus Black Dwarf would be epic if they have it for Infinity War. Hype AF!
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 444
    The Fantastic Four being in the MCU is the best thing coming out of DC Rebirth.

Is see this everywhere on ComicsExplained's comment section, didn't expect to see it here.
    img]

This is from Infinity, right? I need to re-read it, it's a definitely a favourite of mine; with Black Panther (in general) being a highlight of the story for me.
    Rip sig.
    T'Challa is having a hard time against Creed. No way he could live up to the fight against a gigantic alien dwarf (?).

I think Black Dwarf was as strong as Hulk, minimum. I could see him fighting Hulk instead.
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Here's hoping for some sort of F4 anything to happen in infinity war. How do you think they would do it? I think there's three major ways.

1. Fit an origin story into the movie, maybe some astronauts get sent to where the portal was over NY because they're getting energy signatures. Least likely IMO because fitting that into an already crammed movie just wouldn't work. Although, IW will take place over two movies right?

2. Do it like Spiderman, and just BAM they're there now, they got their powers between movies. Personally I think if they were to do that it might seem kind of forced, unless maybe they were slightly older versions of the characters and they had been there all along like some forgotten or secret heroes from the 50s

3. Something happens during IW that splits space/time (Strange?) and they pop in from an alternate universe. Maybe an AU where they weren't enough to stop Thanos/Galactus/some other world ending threat.

And then Wolverine just comes outta nowhere and bubs everyone.
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Rob from ComicsExplained theorized that the Black Order are the F4 being controlled by Thanos. Would be epic if Thanos wass defeated and they reveal it as Rob had laid out.

Also, why no Supergiant?
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,323 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    tataa8P wrote: »
    Rob from ComicsExplained theorized that the Black Order are the F4 being controlled by Thanos. Would be epic if Thanos wass defeated and they reveal it as Rob had laid out.

Also, why no Supergiant?

Yeah, noticed she's gone. Probably because they stopped using her after the event

Yeah, noticed she's gone. Probably because they stopped using her after the event

She was promptly replaced by Black Swan but I personally liked that she could hang with the rest of the Black Order. Too bad though, missed opportunity for a really good villain. Supergiant and Ebony Maw were really well done imo
  • GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,399
    Well with the MCU being different after Infinity War they could somehow swing the F4 in to make it all new but hey who knows.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Stan confirmed no Bucky in Black Panther. White women crying about it :rofl:

It be funnier if they show Bucky, but he is still in cryosleep.

funnier if they just walk by him and throw him in a closet or sumtin.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,126
    edited July 18
    Po talking about the honky menace like knows.

Whites ain't mad about the lack of white people in an african movie.

They're mad because a fictional african society shits all over their suburban homes.

Also, lol, at thinking people care if a movie involves primarily white people. Only people who care about that is tumblr thots.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,156
    Homecoming was excellent. I have completely forgotten the previous films.

• chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,850
    po pimpus wrote: »
    maxx wrote: »

No. I want there to be a maximum of five white people in this entire film.

The honkys are gonna hold that shit, and see how everyone else feels when watching one of their movies.

As honky, I hope it happens. I want there to be more diversity.
    I'm a grown fucking man, if I wanna smoke a crack pipe on a friend's birthday, I wanna smoke a crack pipe.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,398
    Walton Goggins joins the cast of the Ant-Man sequel
    http://deadline.com/2017/07/walton-goggins-ant-man-and-the-wasp-cast-1202130667/
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
    edited July 19

I bet he plays a smarmy antagonist.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 33,925

I bet he plays a smarmy antagonist.

As is Tradition
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    chadouken! wrote: »
    maxx wrote: »

No. I want there to be a maximum of five white people in this entire film.

The honkys are gonna hold that shit, and see how everyone else feels when watching one of their movies.

As honky, I hope it happens. I want there to be more diversity.

WHAT? YOU'RE WHITE?!?

Everything I knew is a lie...