The Marvel Studios thread | Ragnarok is here

Comments

• crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,568
    That Anson Moun casting is perfect, dude killed it in Safe.

Also GoTG looking like its gonna be top tier again.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,981
    I really want to see super skrull in a gotg movie. Not a super skrull, but kl'rt

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    DGod205 wrote: »
    While I wouldn't mind the FF staying at Fox, there's something to be said about the FF/Spidey connection in the MCU...

reed was always the father figure while tony is peters crazy rich uncle. i imagine doc oct in spiderman 2 is more how a film reed would go...a kinda..get your shit together kid your smart as fuck stop acting like a normal person.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,990
    Inhumans shooting, and oh God...

qxRvcMr.jpg

How cheap does that look :/
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,142
    I have yet to see one production shot from the side lines that didn't look cheap as fuck. Judging quality based on that kind of shot is retarded.

It's Magegg. What did you expect?
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,981
    So like is that the outline of his cock?
    As for the upcoming movies.

My most anticipated:
    BLACK PANTHER. A new license for Marvel! The production art looks outstanding, there's a great cast and concept, a new and different setting, as well as royal and politic themes here which is always interesting. I'm sure I'm not the only one anticipating this. Doctor Strange worked quite good, so I'm pretty sure this will be a great movie too, and it's not fogged by expectations since it's a new film and not a sequel.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR. I hope this will be at least as good as Civil War, it'll be interesting to see how the trilogy closes, also what about the fourth film? Will that be a direct continuation or another thing? I only know I'm very curious about it.

The so-so:

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING. I'm still looking forward to this movie, a little bored since there haven't been new trailers or pictures or anything. I hope this is not purely aimed to teenagers, in fact I prefer an older Spider-Man, but I'm sure this movie will be cool. The only thing I don't like is the villain, seems boring to me.

THOR: RAGNAROK. The newly released pictures make me nervous, it looks so out there (and not very good) and director says they're treating it almost as a reboot/revamp of the saga... inconsistencies expected. I don't like the complete change of direction just for the sake of making more money (like they're going full Guardians), would feel like an aborted trilogy. The movie might end up being good and entertaining but it looks like it isn't the Thor I would expect from the comics :/

CAPTAIN MARVEL. I wonder what is going to be the tone of this, I hope they won't turn this into a brainless chick flick only to please the female audience, the character is a true badass and I'm curious to see how Marvel creates a new license or trilogy with a female protagonist.

My least anticipated:
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2. I'm getting annoyed by the excess of comedy and I kind of read the whole plot in Reddit so I'm not very excited about the movie, but the visuals look great, there's some cool action and maybe the story comes together at the end.

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP. I think this one is going to suffer the most because it will be 'sandwiched' between both Infinity War movies. The first Ant-Man movie was surprisingly great but will they be able to repeat it? Marvel must be afraid of the lack of appeal with the character, hopefully they won't do something drastic. For rumors I've read, there are some cast changes I wouldn't like them to confirm: Hank Pym's role being a lot smaller, Luis's hacker friends not returning... I definitely don't like. I don't know, this series is the one that seems to have the least chances of a third part and if part 2 is going to be bad, I'd rather prefer them to not produce it. I'm simply afraid about this.

ANTICIP-O-METER:
    |||||||||/ ( 9.5 ) <- Black Panther
    ||||||||| ( 9.0 ) <- Avengers: Infinity War
    ||||||||/ ( 8.5 ) <- Spider-Man: Homecoming
    ||||||| ( 7.0 ) <- Thor: Ragnarok
    ||||||| ( 7.0 ) <- Captain Marvel
    |||||| ( 6.0 ) <- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    |||| ( 4.0 ) <- Ant-Man and the Wasp
    edited March 11
    01-spongebob-lifeguard-im-cool.png
    I'm cool!
    Wil wrote: »
    I have yet to see one production shot from the side lines that didn't look cheap as fuck. Judging quality based on that kind of shot is retarded.

It's Magegg. What did you expect?

Well, it's basically leather pants, plain leather boots and a leather jacket with some barely noticable ridges. I don't know how people that criticizes the X-Men costumes so much is not complaining.

Well, it's not like Black Panther's costume looked a lot better in the Civil War shootings, but at least that showed a little more color and not just a boring black leather suit.
    tS9yZEz.jpg

These kind of costumes would be a lot cooler: http://static.srcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/Inhumans-Royal-Family.jpg Who knows, maybe that's the King's casual attire, I just wonder if we'll get the tuning fork which is an important part of his powers.
    Post edited by Magegg on
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 25,990
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,550
    d3v wrote: »

What could possibly go wrong? Sounds like another quality Sony hit!
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • CyntalanCyntalan Joined: Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Similarly, Stallone's in GotG2 as well.

Bets on him being Nova? :coffee:
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

"NO! NOT LIKE THIS!" - Random audience member, Evo 2k9 SC4 finals. Go Hilde!
    "You are a weird, adorable little man, OZ." - Vynce
    "I violated marc but we definitely cool now." - dre37k
    RockBogart wrote: »
    Rosenbaum being Warlock or Rider would be cool.

He'd be awesome as Adam Warlock, but he could pull a bit of his Flash into being Richard Rider... Hmm...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    based on one of the posters where hes got a school jacket on..pretty sure confirms they basically made this white miles morales.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,791
    Trailer gave too much away. Still hype to see the movie, but that took just a little steam out of me.
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,073 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So the black/hispanic chick is Liz Allan or someone else?

Also, Im really looking forward to Keaton as Vulture.
    While I initially thought he seemed too young for Vulture, I can roll with it.
    If I can get used to pretty middle aged aunt May , anything is possible lol.

Ben Kingsley looks like Vulture from the comics and is a good actor;shame they already wasted him for IM3's Trevor.
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,204
    edited March 28
    maxx wrote: »
    based on one of the posters where hes got a school jacket on..pretty sure confirms they basically made this white miles morales.

Watch the trailer and have all doubt removed. This is white Miles - even Ganke made the cut.
    Post edited by CTG on
    Spider-Man vs. Batman aka Birdman!

Get hype!
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
    edited March 28
    So the black/hispanic chick is Liz Allan or someone else?

someone else...liz was the one from the first trailer who walked by and they drooled at. the girl in this trailer is zendaya and we're not sure who she plays yet.
    CTG wrote: »

Watch the trailer and have all doubt removed. This is white Miles - even the Ganke made the cut.

marvel out here trolling its minority fanbase

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hot aunt may FTW.
    Zendaya is Mary Jane Watson.

Maybe.
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
    tataa8P wrote: »
    Hot aunt may FTW.
    Zendaya is Mary Jane Watson.

Maybe.

lol no ones sure who the fuck she is. imdb says michelle. lmfao

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

lol no ones sure who the fuck she is. imdb says michelle. lmfao

Oh yeah, kinda like that time marvel trolled everybody with civil war trailers WITHOUT showing Spider-Man until the last minute...

That was well played Marvel...
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -