The Marvel Studios thread | New trailer Ragnaroks the house!

Comments

• thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 577
    edited October 2014
    I'm too lazy to download the image and edit the part that would be my reaction, so fuck it...
    WOZuKsf.jpg

Btw, does anyone know if Avengers 2 will have some connection with the Ant-Man movie? In this teaser they didn't even mention Hank Pym.
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)
    On the fence about MvCI: If I get the game Ultron/Strider might be sick. Space Stone + orbs ftw

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 2014
    nameingway wrote: »
    days of future past sentinels were laughably bad and the entire concept around how they could just steal powers was worse than how they looked. i'll put the "aliens" from the day the earth stood still, movie, over DoFP sentinels. johnny 5 > dofp sentinels.

robot from rocky > dofp sentinels.

edit: oh and the trailer is hype as shit. broken cap shield? incoming black panther movie to help him forge a new/repair the old shield.
    ^yeah... "GORT" from The Day the Earth Stood Still is another one of the elite, BAMF robots ever to be seen on film... particularly the one from the remake. GORT could only be stopped by his own master....

Yes, the T-1000 was the previous champion (and naturally, the T-800 before it), but ULTRON will most likely take up the title.

These characters continue to remind us that advancing an AI/robot to the point of self-awareness and true, individual thought processes... that's only a good idea if we have a quick and convenient way of shutting them down immediately if they get to be a problem.
  • jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,872
    days of future past sentinels were laughably bad and the entire concept around how they could just steal powers was worse than how they looked. i'll put the "aliens" from the day the earth stood still, movie, over DoFP sentinels. johnny 5 > dofp sentinels.

robot from rocky > dofp sentinels.

edit: oh and the trailer is hype as shit. broken cap shield? incoming black panther movie to help him forge a new/repair the old shield.

False. The dofp sentinels could steal powers because of rogues powers, not mystique. I understand if you might not know this, because it was only recent that it was making news when the director i believe, was saying that they cut scenes involving rogue being in the movie, and being the reason that sentinels could steal powers. Kind of a weird thing to cut, but i guess time restraints. I believe its in the uncut version of the dvd though.

I liked the dofp sentinels a lot. Thought they were pretty dope.

Anyways, in reference to the trailer. DAT ULTRON, but it needed more quicksilver. I hate that they put this trailer out instead of the comic con one. We didnt see the avengers comic con trailer until MONTHS after the teaser came out. I dont know why they choose to do that, because the comic con trailer sounded a little doper, with everyone trying to pick up thors hammer in the beginning, but its all good, this trailer will suffice.

Also to the person saying this looks like what iron man 3 shouldve been. Before i even read this thread, i was thinking the same exact fucking thing. lol. Gonna rewatch two more times before i start my morning.
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,399
    They better make a slightly bad-ass figure of Hulk Buster armor.
  • GamegeezerGamegeezer MANLY AS HELL Joined: Posts: 2,668
    I don't see how any other robot would top Ultron, at all. The only thing i can imagine that's even remotely close would be the machines from the Matrix since they have the potential to fight Ultron's re-programming, but even then it's fuckin lazer beemz Ultrooooon.

TL;DR, Ultron is S tier in robo films, present day.
    In the Sacramento area?

Local Matchmakinghttp://www.facebook.com/groups/207385072653458/
    Monthly (Every first Friday of the month)http://www.facebook.com/tapteatourneys
    Bi-weekly (check dates for break times)https://www.facebook.com/CapitolFightDistrict

Hit me up for more info
    @GamegeezerSRK
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,641
    edited October 2014

Is the trailer music meant to be inspired by the track "I've got no strings" from the Pinocchio film or is Ultron's line the only reference??
    NVM hadn't noticed Pinocchio's voice the first time I watched it.
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,666
    edited October 2014
    Maybe the Hulk lost it or he and Stark aren't seeing eye to eye on things at some point. While I think it will be quite epicticious, I don't want it to be Ultron hacking the MKXL? and getting into the Hulkbuster. That history between them adds to the tension.

EDIT-

Did you notice that there is more than one Arc Reactor on the Hulkbuster suit?
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,850
    edited October 2014
    Never mind. Was going to throw an R2D2 joke in there but I can't get the images to work properly any more. :/
    I'm a grown fucking man, if I wanna smoke a crack pipe on a friend's birthday, I wanna smoke a crack pipe.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I have no idea who ULTIMATEtron is but looks alright..
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,726
    Man, when that Ultron voice over started, I instantly thought it was "super evil Vince Mcmahon" for some random, not bad reason. Film looks hype as hell though. It'll probably be another thing where all those people who say "I'm so done with superhero movies", take it as another excuse to go "well, maybe just one more".
  • KillaFoxKillaFox I wish a nigga would on every candle. Joined: Posts: 2,186
    DoFP Quicksilver was pretty ridiculous. I hope they find a good balance with A2 Quicksilver.
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I really didn't like DOFP Quicksilver. I really can't take off the whole American Horror Story image from the actor and i hated DOFP so i couldn't love it. I wish for a Magneto reference in A2 because i would like the non-comic fan audience to know that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are Mags' kids.
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,323 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Rumor is that random white guy is Ulysses Klaw
  • MachoRhombusMachoRhombus Joined: Posts: 2,855
    To me it looks like a basic Iron Man suit inside a Hulk Buster suit.

So it is either Tony Stark................or Ultron hijacking IM armor.

The theory goes that Scarlet Witch does some mind bending shit on Hulk, which is pretty much the climax of Act 1.
    CFN ID - PenguinShivers

MJ|Shivers.
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,631 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Zatalcon wrote: »
    I really didn't like DOFP Quicksilver. I really can't take off the whole American Horror Story image from the actor and i hated DOFP so i couldn't love it. I wish for a Magneto reference in A2 because i would like the non-comic fan audience to know that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are Mags' kids.

That wont happen in Marvel Studios film.
    IIRC, the connection as Magnus' kids and them being classified as mutants are exclusive to Fox studios.

On the other side of the coin, Fox cant refer to any Avengers stuff.
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    RockBogart wrote: »

Who, Andy Serkis?
    That wont happen in Marvel Studios film.
    IIRC, the connection as Magnus' kids and them being classified as mutants are exclusive to Fox studios.

they can't directly mention Magneto being their dad, but you better believe they'll throw in some sort of joke or one-liner, for the true fans of Marvel.

jimmy1200 wrote: »
    Also to the person saying this looks like what iron man 3 shouldve been. Before i even read this thread, i was thinking the same exact fucking thing. lol. Gonna rewatch two more times before i start my morning.

so Iron Man 3 should have been Avengers 2? Didn't everybody bitch because Iron Man 2 was Avengers 0.5?

and that's probably just Hulk fighting Stark in the Hulkbuster armor. If they're setting up Civil War, then they need to make Hulk a villain (in the eyes of Stark), so he can get shot into space. Which means he needs to fight him. Besides, Avengers 3 will be Infinity Gauntlet, so no time for Hulkbuster armor there. Then it's time to change the core storyline.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,059
    Shot-By-Shot Breakdown Of Avengers 2 Trailer Reveals Spoilery Details - http://io9.com/shot-by-shot-breakdown-of-avengers-2-trailer-reveals-sp-1649782452
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    im almost wondering if there is gonna be a full on Avengers vs Hulk fight in this movie. Would explain why nobody is looking at Bruce Banner, and why he is curled up in a ball.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • FDreamFDream Joined: Posts: 864
    Maybe the hulk goes haywire by accident and causes so much damage that leads him getting shot into space like in the comics?
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,126
    Avengers vs Hulk

Hype. Hope Hulk puts his foot up Tony's ass.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
    Magegg wrote: »
    days of future past sentinels were laughably bad and the entire concept around how they could just steal powers was worse than how they looked.
    They never "steal" any powers. They just transform.
    dab00g wrote: »
    2014 was marvel's year
    2016 is gonna be the year of the superhero:

Captain America 3, Batman v Superman, X-Men: Apocalypse.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/x-men-days-future-past-735931
    http://screenrant.com/x-men-days-future-past-rogue-scenes-explained/

They dont transform, they steal powers and can transform. Mystiques mutant ability isnt stealing powers. I remember my first comic book (sarcasm). lol

Its explained in those links that rogue was suppose to be a part of the story, which makes sense as to how the sentinels can steal powers, since that is not mystiques ability. It was poorly written in the movie where the small doctor implied that they could make sentinels that could adapat to any environment, and transform, which people took as the source of how the sentinels could steal mutant powers, but they took it the wrong way. Mystiques ability to transform her body, allowing her in some cases depending on the mutant/person, change how she adapts to environment (size changes, muscle changes, eyes, ears, etc.) is different then stealing powers.

Theoretically mystique should be able to do much more with her abilities, turning herself into a low to mid tier mutant, or even into an omega level mutant because of how she can manipulate her genes/matter at will, but i do not believe that is something the comics explored much into. I think one time they did, around when we found out iceman is an omega level mutant, but i could be wrong.

Disagreeing with my post, and then still being wrong. LOLCOPTERS.

LEMME GET DAT!
  • MechWarriorMechWarrior Joined: Posts: 5,718
    The Sentinels were able to do it.
    Why shouldn't they be? lol
    XBL: MechWarriorNY
  • JackTenrac!JackTenrac! Dollar Yen - Level 304 Joined: Posts: 2,808
    - * punches screen and looks to the sky * KLAWWWWWWWWWW! Yeah, that HAS to be claw. Wakanda's in this shit-tyte. So much hype.
    Brett at T7- "Bearrama?!"
    ओये! सौभाग्य!
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,814
    edited October 2014
    Its explained in those links that rogue was suppose to be a part of the story, which makes sense as to how the sentinels can steal powers, since that is not mystiques ability. It was poorly written in the movie where the small doctor implied that they could make sentinels that could adapat to any environment, and transform, which people took as the source of how the sentinels could steal mutant powers, but they took it the wrong way. Mystiques ability to transform her body, allowing her in some cases depending on the mutant/person, change how she adapts to environment (size changes, muscle changes, eyes, ears, etc.) is different then stealing powers.
    The robots simply transform their skin... Just like Mystique does. IIRC They turn into metal or stone, to overcome Colossus and Sunspot powers. IIRC they also created some extra joints in their limbs, but Mystique could even mimic some extra body parts, like Wolverine's claws in the first movie.
    The only part resembling "stealing powers" I saw was them using a heat ray attack, that might look like Sunspot's ability, but nothing says they "stole" that power from him, that's probably just one of their standard abilites.
    SoVi3t wrote: »
    Sentinels sucked in general, in DoFP. Can't understand how most of you were willing to accept that mediocre offering as a quality X-Men movie.

No Master Mold, no Nimrod, and Sentinels were all like 5 foot tall. Fuck right off.
    I think X-Men: DoFP is probably the best movie based on a Marvel franchise so far. It was excellent. You have it to see it more like a thing within their own X-Universe than as a comic book adaptation, but it's great either ways.

They simply can't adapt everything in the movie, that DoFP universe is really big in the comic books. Whatever, Sentinels X were incredible, while I always found pink-colored Nimrod and Master Mold to be lame and boring. I think the movie version is far superior over the one of the comics.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,065
    Klaw means possible t'challa?

Wondering if war machine gets in this
  • thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 577
    I think X-Men: DoFP is probably the best movie based on a Marvel franchise so far. It was excellent. You have it to see it more like a thing within their own X-Universe than as a comic book adaptation, but it's great either ways.

They simply can't adapt everything in the movie, that DoFP universe is really big in the comic books. Whatever, Sentinels X were incredible, while I always found pink-colored Nimrod and Master Mold to be lame and boring. I think the movie version is far superior over the one of the comics.

I kinda liked those powered-up Sentinels, but they looked more like Super Adaptoid. I missed Nimrod and Master Mold there, they could've put a reference for them at least. And Wolvie surviving being raped by metal and being thrown in the river is bullshit IMO.

Back to Avengers, maybe Wanda doesn't give a shit/is scared about the Avengers and is controlling Hulk to fight them, forcing Tony to put the Hulkbuster on. And holy shit, Black Panther needs to appear even if it's necessary to fill up the post-credit scene with him.
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)
    On the fence about MvCI: If I get the game Ultron/Strider might be sick. Space Stone + orbs ftw

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim
    Rhodey is in that scene where everyone is drinking at Avengers Tower
  • LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well, there is a scene where Ultron, Scarlet, and Quiksilver seem to be chilling out at some ruins, so I dunno...maybe they team up at first?
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 33,925
    Rhodey is in that scene where everyone is drinking at Avengers Tower

What I want to know is who's the girl next to Thor. I don't think it's Jane though it could be. Hard to tell at that distance.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • bypostmanbypostman Joined: Posts: 2,207
    Always thought the Hulk vs Ironman scene from the trailer was from Ultron upgrading himself to handle the Hulk.

"We have a Hulk"

*Ultron assembles Hulkbuster armor*

"Oh shit."
    SoVi3t wrote: »

Who, Andy Serkis?

andy-serkis-klaw-110383.jpg

The robots simply transform their skin... Just like Mystique does. IIRC They turn into metal or stone, to overcome Colossus and Sunspot powers. IIRC they also created some extra joints in their limbs, but Mystique could even mimic some extra body parts, like Wolverine's claws in the first movie.
    The only part resembling "stealing powers" I saw was them using a heat ray attack, that might look like Sunspot's ability, but nothing says they "stole" that power from him, that's probably just one of their standard abilites.

Okay, youre retarded and wrong. Im done. lol
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • ultraman zoffyultraman zoffy Joined: Posts: 180
    Trailer is too sick. Couple of guesses so far:
    1) Introduction of Klaw/T'Challa most likely means vibranium, which is probably going to be the stand-in material comprising Ultron's armor since adamantium is Fox'd.
    2) Scene with Ultron, Witch, and Quicksilver looks to be taking place in an assembly plant where the drones are probably being mass produced... Witch looking around with a "oh shit" face is probably where her and Pietro start realizing they might be rolling with the wrong team.
    3) Iron Man in the comics typically dons the Hulkbuster armor on top of his "standard" armor, so I'm betting it's actually Stark in there, facing off against Banner who got pissed off when learning Stark was up to something shady (obviously related to Thor getting ready to chokeslam him)

Lantis wrote: »
    Doesn't anyone find it funny that Klaw's crew looks remarkably similar to Arnold's entourage from Predator?

Very
  • OutlawHeroOutlawHero BC|OutlawHero Joined: Posts: 7
    The hype is real
    thiagoeis wrote: »
    I missed Nimrod and Master Mold there, they could've put a reference for them at least.
    That would have been too much fanservice in an already overloaded movie.
    And Wolvie surviving being raped by metal and being thrown in the river is bullshit IMO.
    I read around an article detailing how Wolverine surviving being drowned was perfectly scientifically accurate.
    Back to Avengers, maybe Wanda doesn't give a shit/is scared about the Avengers and is controlling Hulk to fight them, forcing Tony to put the Hulkbuster on. And holy shit, Black Panther needs to appear even if it's necessary to fill up the post-credit scene with him.
    Agree. They're seen with Ultron, and they're created by Von Strucker. They're gonna be villains, at least at the start of the movie.