Marvel Studios | The ever-expanding adventure

Comments

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,986
    S00perCam wrote: »
    I feel like Venom could work if they just skip the whole superhero origin tale type of movie. Just do a far out Super Violent Action Flick with a super thin plot with Eddie talking to himself acting like the movie has a purpose other than to let us watch Venom fuck shit up. It could be about duality, and the hypocrisy of vigilantism, insert catholic themes, yada fucking yada. Maybe a Spidey cameo/scene where Venom either wrecks him or they stalemate it out. End credits.

Venom isn't the type of character people will give a shit about unless he's pre-establish first. If Sony doesn't want an origin story then he needs to show up somewhere else.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • S00perCamS00perCam Cold as ice Joined: Posts: 2,380
    I feel like Venom could work if they just skip the whole superhero origin tale type of movie. Just do a far out Super Violent Action Flick with a super thin plot with Eddie talking to himself acting like the movie has a purpose other than to let us watch Venom fuck shit up. It could be about duality, and the hypocrisy of vigilantism, insert catholic themes, yada fucking yada. Maybe a Spidey cameo/scene where Venom either wrecks him or they stalemate it out. End credits.

Venom isn't the type of character people will give a shit about unless he's pre-establish first. If Sony doesn't want an origin story then he needs to show up somewhere else.

I think Venom has more universal appeal than your giving him credit for. Venom WAS the 90's.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust

I think Venom has more universal appeal than your giving him credit for. Venom WAS the 90's.

90s was 20 years ago. He doesn't have the same appeal he use to.

90s was 20 years ago. He doesn't have the same appeal he use to.
    Maybe, Maybe not he's been literally a different character since the symbiote split with Eddie. He's been used as team filler where as he used to have solo books and his own merch.
    Just because your buff, don't play tuff Cause I'll reverse the earth and turn your flesh back to dust
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,972
    You do realize Venom stopped selling because people got tired of him... That's why the character has gone through so many changes over the past several years.

The character evolved because he had to... Classic Venom is a product of his era, and unlike say, Wolverine, there isn't a strong enough character to hold up after the novelty of "evil Spider-Man" wore out it's welcome.

OG Venom is basically every "dark" or "evil" pallet swap FG character... He's Evil Ryu with none of the charm... and Evil Ryu isn't all that charming to begin with.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Give it another 4 years and the 90s will be back in vogue. :coffee:

As someone who saw power rangers this weekend I can confirm it is in vogue now

What I'm saying is I don't need a strong or deep character, we can see an character with a powerset similar to Spidey's doing very unspiderman things and the movie would be badass, I don't buy tickets for superhero movies for the feels, I buy them to see dope action sequences, cool special effects, and fights. Venom would be the perfect hero to cut all the BS out and have a movie that is all about causing death and destruction as when Venom is on his vigilante kick he's wrecking everything from sundown to sun up.
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Power Rangers are timeless... >_>

...except Operation Overdrive.

yep.... S.P.D ftw. I downloaded this 'ninja steel' episodes for my son. Seems kinda bland, but i guess that's what kids like nowadays...
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,664 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    dn3000 wrote: »
    Power Rangers are timeless... >_>

...except Operation Overdrive.

yep.... S.P.D ftw. I downloaded this 'ninja steel' episodes for my son. Seems kinda bland, but i guess that's what kids like nowadays...

yeah one of my karate students got mad hyped i watched power rangers. and hes all about ninja steel. im just like get outta my face..ninjastorm plz.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,595
    At least Ninja Steel isn't Megaforce or Super Megaforce level of bad.

It's not quite Dino Charge good, but it's OK.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 21,588
    So rumor is Squirrel Girl is appearing in a new Marvel TV series

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/04/marvel-squirrel-girl-freeform-new-warriors-1201801383/

Oh and for no reason
    squirrel-girl-bishoujo-statue-marvel-kotobukiya-2.jpg
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    edited April 10
    Optimus124 wrote: »
    HELL YEAH!

Upon seeing the
    Hulk
    "Yes"

That is all.
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,644
    odin wrote: »
    Not getting the GotG vibes with the 80s font and Immigrant Song usage.

It's like they want to make Thor more fun lol

I mean, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It's a nice touch regardless.

It's a teaser, and it does a really great job at doing that.

PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • odinodin is october coming? Joined: Posts: 15,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 10

Yea, like don't get me wrong, I'm one of those "Marvel can do no wrong" guys... But I'm getting a DC vibe from this, like how they used Queen for Suicide Squad and an Aerosmith cover for Justice League. It's feeling like Xbox shooters, where everything needs a 70s/80s song accompanying it.

I guess I was just looking for a LotR style music theme for Thor, but regardless I'm still hype.

Thor Ragnarok is exploring Marvel's Thor's more Cosmic/Sci Fi side and giving the Norse Mythology a slight break.
    Especially since the MCU made Asgard more of a Alien World than a Mythical one. That the Asgard are not really "GODS" it's just that ancient people confuse them as Gods and their tech as magic.

Remember that whole line in the first film where "Your Ancestors Called it Magic, but You Call it Science. I Come From a Land Where They Are One and the Same.”
    edited April 10

Yea, like don't get me wrong, I'm one of those "Marvel can do no wrong" guys... But I'm getting a DC vibe from this, like how they used Queen for Suicide Squad and an Aerosmith cover for Justice League. It's feeling like Xbox shooters, where everything needs a 70s/80s song accompanying it.

I guess I was just looking for a LotR style music theme for Thor, but regardless I'm still hype.

Should have found a way to incorporate some Viking metal.

Yea man.
    I'd mark out if they played some Hammerfall.

• CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,094

They've said from the beginning that this installment of Thor was going to be a bit more on the comical side years ago. I don't think GOTG influenced that decision beyond giving a direction for how they could pull that off.
    CTG wrote: »

They've said from the beginning that this installment of Thor was going to be a bit more on the comical side years ago. I don't think GOTG influenced that decision beyond giving a direction for how they could pull that off.

Well I got no problems with that. Makes sense I guess as he is more goofy since he spent some time on Earth and isn't a cocky dude with a serious side anymore.
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,644
    edited April 10
    If Cate Blanchett's Hela winds up being a great, Thor (in the MCU) has the best villains.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Loki. Hulk. Doctor Strange. Possible Guardians cameo. Not all grimdark and edgy, but fun and lighthearted.

Ticket sold.

This seems extremely likely
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • NickRocksNickRocks SATSUI NO SABU Joined: Posts: 22,516
    shitty old music check
    4th wall breaking check
    cringe joke check

throw in some out of place retro lettering

marvels gone full camp. disgusting

King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,664 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    gotg vibe too stronk
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    NickRocks wrote: »
    shitty old music check
    4th wall breaking check
    cringe joke check

Campy or not, if it's entertaining, I'm getting my moneys worth. I don't go see comic book movies to get a spiritual epiphany.
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 33,574
    At least Death is here. And Thanos don't gotta worry about Deadpool trying to steal his bitch in the MCU.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • CyntalanCyntalan SRK's Meta-Moderator™ Joined: Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 10
    shitty old music check
    4th wall breaking check
    cringe joke check

MnroH95.jpg

Also, you have some serious taste cancer for dissin' Zepplin', bruh.
    old music is old. idc if people like it or not. its 2017 tf u putting some shit from the 70s in there for?

ugh. whoever edited that should be fired. at least the justice league trailer was mint, even tho it had the old music syndrome too

DChads>MCUcks
    King of the Post-09ers
  • Ryo YamazakiRyo Yamazaki The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum Joined: Posts: 186 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What kind of bizzaro world existence do you live where led zeppelin is shitty?
    People are saying that *this* is the worst time to be a child. That's bullshit! *EVERY* time is the worst time to be a child because adults never know SHIT!!! - Lewis Black
    cry moar. i didnt say i didnt like some older music. just that its shitty in this trailer its out of place it doesnt suit the mood of the visuals and then the crappy jokes and 4th wall breaking.

enjoy ur batman forever tier marvel movies
    King of the Post-09ers
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,010
    Holy fuck, that might be the greatest trailer ever lol, holy shit!
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    cry moar. i didnt say i didnt like some older music. just that its shitty in this trailer its out of place it doesnt suit the mood of the visuals and then the crappy jokes and 4th wall breaking.

How is it out of place? This our first glimpse of the movie. What 4th wall breaking?
  • CyntalanCyntalan SRK's Meta-Moderator™ Joined: Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    enjoy ur batman forever tier marvel movies

I think that's what we're saying to you, tbh. :coffee:
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 2,593
    HELL YEAH!

YOOOOOO MAAAAAAAAHVEL!!!

ULLLLLL!!!! :D B)

DOUBLE VIEWING FOR THAT WEEKEND!!

Tekken 7: Dragnov, Kazyua
    Injustice: Black Adam, Darkseid, Batman
    SFV: Laura
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 863
    Trailer looks real good. First time I'm actually excited for a Thor movie.

Also, don't forget, it's just a trailer. It's meant to be fun.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "fag".
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,595
    "YAAAAAAAASSSSSSS" - Thor
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 992 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    it's a good sign that the thor series will be ending on a high note, similar to what they did with captain america: civil war as marvel is really stepping up their game tenfold.

fuck it. if this is how it's gonna be moving forward, we can expect to be mindblown when captain marvel and black panther drop in!
    HHHHHYYYYYPPPPPEEEEE!!!!!
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -