The Marvel Studios thread | X-Men and Fantastic Four for Christmas? O.O

Comments

• MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,999
    VASaga wrote: »
    How they gonna do the planet hulk stuff without The Illuminati..
    Come on bruh,

Same way they could pull off Ultron without Hank Pym. It's called imagination, dude.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,398
    Tony, Strange, Cap and Fury would form the Illuminati here, IMO
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 1,026
    The way F4 was doing at the box office, it's possible Marvel already has the F4 franchise rights back but didn't announce it yet.

Hopefully...
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "http://dontevenreply.com".
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,713 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wasted wrote: »
    Tony, Strange, Cap and Fury would form the Illuminati here, IMO

unless their gonna do a 180, cap wouldnt be in the illumanti. strange's origin movie isnt even out yet, i doubt hed be that high up on the marvel ladder after 1 movie.

FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,557
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • VASagaVASaga Not Yet Strange! Let Them Wait Joined: Posts: 1,607
    RockBogart wrote: »

Is the black dude Baron Mordo?

Either way I think I just creamed all over myself watching that trailer. Don't be surprised if yall spot me in a movie line with my tent a month ahead of screening
    "I must have ascended to a higher plane of thinking than most because I play Dr Strange"
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,166
    edited July 2016

Meh.

I'll keep on watching this trailer 23704273047230708970 times.

TSELGLD.gif
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • The DamnedThe Damned Hope: You can't believe in it Joined: Posts: 10,966 mod
    (So far nothing but good news on all fronts. Has Michael B. Jordan ever played a villain before though?)

For the record, provided that pseudo-script-leak of Ragnarok was correct, then Loki is responsible for Hulk's predicament. Compared to the Illumanti existing and being behind it, intentionally or not, that's honestly quite preferable to me and not just it's simpler and involves certain characters--Richard Reeds and Charles Xavier--that Marvel Cinematic Universe currently has no rights to unfortunately. I always found the Illumanti a dumb concept, especially since it reeked of hypocrisy, constantly caused more problems than it solved, and thus doomed to failure.

Besides, Tony is currently way too broken and conflicted from Civil War to think that's a good idea, especially since the Illumanti would basically be a gigantic "fuck you" to the Accords.

VASaga wrote: »

Is the black dude Baron Mordo?

*snip*

Yes. Chiwetel Ejiofor--gods, I can never spell his name--is Baron Mordo.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 542
    edited July 2016
    Apparently @ SDCC, Star-Lord's father was revealed to be...

Ego the Living Planet.

What the actual fuck. James Gunn really has outdone himself this time.
    Post edited by CyberPhoenix0252 on
    Rip sig.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,830
    Kurt Russel is cast to by him. How Star-Lord's mom managed to fuck a planet?
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,233
    po pimpus wrote: »
    MOB712 wrote: »
    Michael B. Jordan confirmed to be playing Erik Killmonger in Black Panther
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/sdcc-marvel-reveals-michael-b-jordans-black-panther-role

And both Lupita Nyong'o and Danai Gurira are playing Dora Milaje, with Danai being described as the leader.

My nigga, this movieeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

All them Hollywood niggas complaining about not getting any shine better support the fuck outta this. This is the greatest collection of black people on film that isn't a slave-era period piece or a worthless Tyler Perry/Wayans' comedy.

dhMeAzK.gif
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,233
    Kurt Russel is cast to by him. How Star-Lord's mom managed to fuck a planet?
  • dodgers2213dodgers2213 Joined: Posts: 3,028
    has Marvel been taken over by SJWs?
    Steam- Dodgers2213
    PS4-- Dodgers2213
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 3,292
    edited July 2016
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/sdcc-marvel-reveals-michael-b-jordans-black-panther-role
    MOB712 wrote: »

And both Lupita Nyong'o and Danai Gurira are playing Dora Milaje, with Danai being described as the leader.

My nigga, this movieeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

excited-baby.gif

free-hype-gif-487.gif

I swear all Marvel has to do now is get their damn animation & gaming departments on point, and that's a wrap!!

Post edited by CDB2 on

Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Menat
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,878

Yes
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,040
    LMAO so footage of Spiderman: Homecoming was shown at Comic Con and Flash Thompson is now Indian?

Well that would explain why they are removing him from being the lead of Venom in the comics.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,040
    Wellman wrote: »
    LMAO so footage of Spiderman: Homecoming was shown at Comic Con and Flash Thompson is now Indian?

Well that would explain why they are removing him from being the lead of Venom in the comics.

Or the Venom Space Knight shit just sucked :coffee:
    Wellman wrote: »

Or the Venom Space Knight shit just sucked :coffee:

Well, the space adventure thing doesn't suit what made Flash/Agent Venom work when it was originally presented in Remender's run, although it has its moments since more so then what you see with Bendis the writer is familiar with Marvel cosmic history and that of Venom as well. But abandoning Agent Venom altogether seems a waste but if they are introducing a conflicting Flash in the movies it makes sense.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 3,292
    At this point, Marvel's animation is department is doing better than DCs

To the motherfucker that disagreed: What has DC done well since Young Justice?

Post Flashpoint movies have been terrible. They're animated Michael Bay movies.

I agree the first few excluding Assault on Arkham and another one done by Tim,m sucked complete and utter ass.
    But they have being doing an excellent job with there most recent moves.
    They even managed to fuck up The Killing Joke.

Wha..WHAT...?
    7f9.gif

Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Menat
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,830
    I hope Flash stays as Venom. He's been the most interesting Venom in years. Get him out of space.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • MOB712MOB712 Joined: Posts: 1,244

Its always one nigga...always.
    Hmmm who is Stallone gonna play doe?
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "http://dontevenreply.com".
    maxx wrote: »

10 bucks hes a random cgi character

LoL! Imagine...
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,077
    LAAAAAAWWW!!!!!!!!!
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • MOB712MOB712 Joined: Posts: 1,244

He's rumored to be a member of Nova Corps.
  • LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Didn't the article hint that Stallone would play J'son (Star Lord's dad)?
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,713 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Lantis wrote: »
    Didn't the article hint that Stallone would play J'son (Star Lord's dad)?

lmfaoooooo if he ends up being j'son imma laugh so hard.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • The DamnedThe Damned Hope: You can't believe in it Joined: Posts: 10,966 mod
    (Clearly the correct call would be to cast Earth's Hero, Kevin Bacon, as J'son.)

Despite not being as "hype" about Stallone as other people might be, I definitely don't mind that casting choice either. So long as they keep Thomas Jane's talent-less ass away from any more (Marvel) movies, at least when he's in a starring role, then I should be fine with casting choice in general though.

Apparently @ SDCC, Star-Lord's father was revealed to be...

Ego the Living Planet.

What the actual fuck. James Gunn really has outdone himself this time.

I'll laugh if he's just trolling people, especially given he knows full-well how early things can get leaked if people are really interested unfortunately.

Also, I'm surprised that no one has made a "probe" joke yet.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file