The Marvel Studios thread | Black Panther's new trailer own ya!!

Comments

• SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,843
    d3v wrote: »
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    Guardians are mercenaries with hearts. That's kind the point. Ever seen Cowboy Bebop? Take that and cross it with the Avengers.
    So just like the Bebop crew, they'll end up consistently broke no matter how successful they may be?

Yeah, pretty much. Not exactly a ton of common sense and sensibility on that team. They pretty much just have Gamora who they barely listen to.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Isn't Jane Foster dead in the comics anyway?
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,243
    Saitsu wrote: »
    BigDewey wrote: »
    Space? Thor?

Beta Ray Bill maybe?

No...because he'd overshadow Thor and make it HIS movie due to his sheer awesomeness.

Even so Thor still needs Bill. All the other major Avengers have superhero best friends. Tony got War Machine, Cap has Falcon. Thor needs Bill.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,420

I love Natalie Portman but the woman isn't a nerd for these roles nor cares for these roles. It's the same thing with Star Wars again. She wanted nothing to do with it after it was done. She played her part and we're moving on.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • The DamnedThe Damned Hope: You can't believe in it Joined: Posts: 10,765 mod
    edited May 2016
    (Good riddance to Jane Foster's character. She honestly seemed like the most tacked-on love interest of any of the "major" love interests.)

I don't hate the character or her or anything, especially since I still haven't even seen the first Thor movie, but she honestly was more of a plot device than a person in Thor: The Dark World anyway and so literally added nothing there. If anything, then this is a positive announcement really.

*goes back to basking in the fan-girl hate over Steve kissing Sharon/Sharon kissing Steve in Civil War given it's on-topic*
    Post edited by The Damned on
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,749
    Thor's sidekicks are the warriors 3 and sif

Sif will replace jane foster because it would make more sense. This whole "notice me senpai" stuff they got going
    dab00g wrote: »
    Thor's sidekicks are the warriors 3 and sif

Sif will replace jane foster because it would make more sense. This whole "notice me senpai" stuff they got going

Except they've already casted someone else to be the replacement love interest. Sif forever shafted outside of TV.
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,942
    I will miss Denning, I liked her as the obvious comic relief.

But given Hulk will be co-starring in the new Thor, I think it would be for the best, between Loki, Thor, Hulk and hopefully a well developed new villain, they may not have the time to try to shoehorn the character into being relevant for the plot like they have in previous Thor movies.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
    The loss of Haley Atwell is indeed tragic but Kat Denning, meh. If you want her tits that bad they aren't hard to find, and I sure as hell don't care about her acting ability.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,007
    Yeah, in the MCU, Dennings is either fit and thin as hell, or she's compleltely saran-wrapped underneath her wardrobe.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,145 admin
    I thought Denning was hilarious. mew mew!

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

• FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,272
    Kat Dennings is hot. I'd have liked to see her in a more significant role at some stage but she's been written in as a minor character already.
  • CyntalanCyntalan Joined: Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That's always been my prob with Kat Dennings. She is my go-to definition for butterface.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

"NO! NOT LIKE THIS!" - Random audience member, Evo 2k9 SC4 finals. Go Hilde!
    "You are a weird, adorable little man, OZ." - Vynce
    "I violated marc but we definitely cool now." - dre37k
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,272
    I dunno man, maybe that's just my type. My girlfriend's white and I think she has some jewish ancestry somewhere.
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,502 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,498 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Nigga wut? You're trying to say she looks like a skinny crackhead? Nah b
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,700
    Man, some of you cats must fuck with supermodel-tier women if you're saying Kat Dennings ain't attractive...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,424
    Wtf is Haley Atwell and what she got over Dennings massive tits?
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,498 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    crucades wrote: »
    Wtf is Haley Atwell and what she got over Dennings massive tits?

peggy carter.

meh boobs are nice...but somehow im more in dennings.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,424
    Oh yea. Fuck Peggy and her voice. WS fucked up with the old Peggy scene.

Shoulda have Steve come in all 'heres the last dance baby!' then super serum punt the ole bitch through the window into oncoming traffic.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,420
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Man, some of you cats must fuck with supermodel-tier women if you're saying Kat Dennings ain't attractive...

Naw SRK just being thirsty for tits. I don't like her face or her voice or that gap in her teeth... </Kanye shrug>
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • The DamnedThe Damned Hope: You can't believe in it Joined: Posts: 10,765 mod
    edited May 2016
    (I wasn't aware Agent Brand was in Earth's Mightiest Heroes and voiced by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn no less. Huh.)

Sigh. We're really talking about this, aren't we?

I was going to say I personally wouldn't find her a "butterface", but compared to her body, yeah, Miss Denning's face is pretty average. To me, that's even more amusing than it might normally be both because of how she sort of looks like Michelle Rodriguez, whom I actually think is attractive, to me in the first picture where she's bending over and because of how much the Lounge recently clowned on one of Bruce Willis's daughters for having a much more noticeable "chin" issue. Despite said Willis-spawn definitely having the worse-looking face, I'm not sure said Willis-spawn would qualify as "butterface" just because I haven't seen her body, which may be just as weirdly lacking, whereas Dennis's body is rather nice (if somewhat fake-looking) until you get to her face. [/objectification] [/shallow teenage girl high school bitchiness]

Meh. All I know and actually care about is that unlike Portman's "not really there" character, I found Denning's character was actively annoying in Thor: The Dark World, which wasn't a surprise to me given how many Tumblr-esque people seem to find her so amusing and great and just "the bestest". Presumably she's gone too in Thor: Ragnarok if Jane Foster is. Thank Hel.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,714
    edited May 2016
    What the movie looked like before all of the magic was added.

PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • MechWarriorMechWarrior Joined: Posts: 5,718
    TdQSNps.jpg
    Obligatory.
    XBL: MechWarriorNY