The Marvel Studios thread | Black Panther's new trailer own ya!!

Comments

• dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,778
    Optimus124 wrote: »
    What Thor was up to during Civil War -

We all are in love with chris hemsworth
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,798
    Magegg wrote: »

Why is no one else hype about this shit?!?

The motherfucking NEW WARRIORS... and to top it all off, the most powerful hero of all, Squirrel Girl!
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,034
    edited September 2016
    Never much cared for New Warriors, and SG is someone who is better off animated.

Also that article doesn't confirm anything. No sources, and it was posted by Magegg.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    All valid points. If it's not on Netflix, they may wind up lacking.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,667
    po pimpus wrote: »

The motherfucking NEW WARRIORS... and to top it all off, the most powerful hero of all, Squirrel Girl!

I want to know which network picks up these shows. That will determine my hype level.

They're marvel so it's either netflix or abc getting these shows. Squirrel girl is kinda niche so most likely netflix
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,296

I want to know which network picks up these shows. That will determine my hype level.

They're marvel so it's either netflix or abc getting these shows. Squirrel girl is kinda niche so most likely netflix

Those ain't the only options. Cloak and Dagger show is going to be on FreeFoam and the Runaways show will be on Hulu. These shows end up being animated then it's Disney XD for them.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • XvideosXvideos Xvideos Joined: Posts: 3,259
    edited September 2016
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,610
    That's because honest game trailers is a shitty rip off by someone else
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,532
    Cinema Sins is reaaaally afraid of the DC fanboys backlash it seems.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
    What makes you say that?
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,502 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    lol i wanna see that roast but i dont wanna pay
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    What makes you say that?

They get bombarded by DC fanboys saying they are Marvel shills because they completely shit on the god awful DC movies while praising Marvel's decent to great flicks. Which is, ya know, pretty much general consensus.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
    JnXby73.jpg
    THUMBS UP, SOLDIER!
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,071
    Do you guys agree that out of all the other Marvel series, Spiderman has the most robust roster choice of villains to work with in regards to making movies? There are some choices that do seem underwhelming on paper like Mysterio but even then, I think his execution could be well on the big screen. Like, look at all the other Marvel movie villains. I don't think they compare to Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin or even Alfred Molina's Doc Ock. Maybe I'm biased because I thought both movies were great. I legit groaned when I heard Vulture was the villain choice for Spiderman: Homecoming but a part of me thinks that it won't be as bad as it sounds.
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,640
    Don't forget Kingpin, but to be fair, they had an entire season to give him depth

"I wake up and piss excellence"
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    on the topic of recurring, willem dafoe's green goblin seems kinda meh compared to how much better loki was handled.

imo, how the story and characters are written need to be on point or near at least.
    marvel got their shit together real tight

*looks at zach snyder's instagram*

XD
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
    Dafoe's Goblin would be 10x better if they removed his power rangers suit and just painted that fucker's face green.
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    don't know about the suit but for me it was just too campy with how GG was played.
    i blame raimi for that.

dafoe is an excellent actor, check him out on any of lars von triers' films or john wick.
    But it was the good kind of campy. Raimi's movies were a very clear homage to Silver Age Spidey, they just needed more banter and someone that wasn't a toothpick to play MJ.
    good point, although it wouldn't be spidey/parker without the snarky dialogue while fighting wouldn't it?
    captain america: civil war showed a similar spidey without being annoying, good direction the character would be taking going into homecoming.

loki, over the course of thre films was very consistent and well written as a major villian.
    props to hiddleston also for being badass in the role.
  • CyntalanCyntalan Joined: Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited September 2016
    I can't be the only one that, after seeing Spider-Man 2, hoped 3's villain was gonna be Mysterio, portrayed by Bruce Campbell, am I?
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

"NO! NOT LIKE THIS!" - Random audience member, Evo 2k9 SC4 finals. Go Hilde!
    "You are a weird, adorable little man, OZ." - Vynce
    "I violated marc but we definitely cool now." - dre37k
    Cyntalan wrote: »
    I can't be the only one that, after seeing Spider-Man 2, hoped 3's villain was gonna be Mysterio, portrayed by Bruce Campbell, am I?

i always heard rumors he was gonna be him during the original trilogy.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,976
    Kirsten Dunst was a DISASTER. She was not a good MJ and is a prime example of my post. Shailene Woodley was dope though.
    Bottomline, most people didn't care about Dunst, they had no issue. You can start taking your head out of your butthole for once and start not thinking as a fanboy.
  • chopperbyrnechopperbyrne Joined: Posts: 1,242
    Dunst was smoking hot as MJ, but the characterisation was poor.
    celticthrowdown.com
    PSN - Leto_II_of_Dune
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,778
    The only time kirsten dunst was hot was in fargo as a plump house wife
  • The DamnedThe Damned Hope: You can't believe in it Joined: Posts: 10,781 mod
    Do you guys agree that out of all the other Marvel series, Spiderman has the most robust roster choice of villains to work with in regards to making movies? *snip*

Besides what Hawkingbird and RockBogart already pointed out, I have to ask: what did you mean by "all the other Marvel series", @FatalSeabass? Did you mean of the ones currently exist in the MCU? The ones that still have potential to exist in the MCU? Or all of the Marvel properties in general?

Either way, I have to say "no" beyond the fact that Spider-Man probably does have the most largest "rogue's gallery" of any solo superhero in history, at least on the Marvel side. Too bad pretty much none of them are mainstream outside of Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, and maybe the dated, defunct-for-almost-two-decades-already original version of Venom; Kingpin and Mysterio are arguable, but they are also basically more associated with Daredevil at this point anyway.

Not that mainstream name recognition is necessary for effectiveness, as proven that by both Guardians of the Galaxy and Civil War, but to me that is part of what comes up when you talk about "robust" aspects when villain quality depends largely on good writing and character development depth. Beyond that, the only thing really matters is if the villain in question is actually credible threat for the hero in question, which is part of why, for example, DC's "rogue's galleries" tend to have issues given how powerful their heroes typically are on average; dear gods, Firestorm is probably the worst offender in this regard. Even then, though, that can still be overcome with personality and enough cleverness, as seen with the Flash's rogues generally being popular despite the fact that the Flash is broken as fuck.

Like RockBogart said, Marvel needs to stop murdering all its villains and make them somewhat compelling. Zemo was a good step in that direction and we already know that Thanos is guaranteed to be in multiples movies once he starts getting hands-on. Whether or not that is the case for the Vulture and other upcoming villains remains to be seen though.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
    edited September 2016
    People bitching about Kirsten Dunst are forgetting about Bring It On.

This nigga said Bring It On, like Eliza Dushku wasn't in that shit...

Just because Dunst was #2 doesn't make my statement false :tup:

edited September 2016
    I was 16 (EDIT: fuck, younger than I thought) when Bring It On came out. I didn't know any better.

• chopperbyrnechopperbyrne Joined: Posts: 1,242
    I'm Irish.

Pale white girls is all we have.
    celticthrowdown.com
    PSN - Leto_II_of_Dune
    I'm Irish.

Pale white girls is all we have.

dont mean they gotta be boring as fuck.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Dunst is that girl you wake up next to after a night of drinking and go "not bad"

Elisha dushku is the girl you wake up to after a night of drinking and ask to marry her