The Marvel Studios thread | Ragnarok is here

Comments

• Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,989 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Lol how dare you reduce me!
    This is offensive.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,989 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Rodimus in here thinking about which dashiki to wear to the premiere, ol' welcome to America ass.
    This is offensive.
  • RodimusRodimus You can win if you Dare! Joined: Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Raz0r wrote: »
    Lol how dare you reduce me!

Never! my g, but do enjoy the movie when it drops. I expect to see you post in here that it was gdlk! Lol
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 17
    Rodimus wrote: »
    Really guys? I'm just saying we should be showing up styling and profiling lol. Razor just being himself but white shadow cmon my dude lol

Dude I was joking around lol. It's just funny because the coat literally ruined his life.

I might be visiting Norway around the time the film premieres so it'll be interesting being the only black dude in the theater... Maybe if there's 2 or 3 more miraculously peppered in the deluge of whiteness I can give a black power fist in Pan-African solidarity. ✊
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,012
    @DevilJin 01 @Kinniku Buster

Your bitchassness is showing. Take that "I hate Po" shit back to your echo chambers where it will be better received.

It's a celebration in here. Don't be wet blankets.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,625 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Darksakul wrote: »
    With Bilbo and Gollum being the only white guys in the Black Panther Movie, you can say they are the Tolkien White Guys

thank you for repeating a joke being reposted 1000x online.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,981 mod
    edited October 25
    Saw Thor: Ragnarok. Pleasantly surprised that some of the scenes in the trailer were specifically meant to deceive.
    Stuff from the trailer happens, but the locations are different.

Also, the Soul Stone's in the film, but is never referred to as such and doesn't even look like it at first, but you'll realize what it is when you see what it does.
    Post edited by d3v on
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,540
    Second Runaways trailer
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    IMAX CEO admits that Inhumans was a mistake
    http://deadline.com/2017/10/imax-marvel-inhumans-experiment-1202196112/
    The saga of the screen adaptation of Marvel’s Inhumans has finally gotten a public assessment, with Imax CEO Rich Gelfond blaming its disappointing reception, at least in theaters, on a “misalignment of customer expectations.”

Corporate-speak translation: movie ticket buyers realized they had paid top dollar for a TV show.

Initially planned as part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe at Disney, the film project then became a TV series at ABC, in the vein of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Imax signed on to co-produce and struck a deal to premiere the first two episodes in its large-format theatres for a two-week engagement before it would air on ABC this fall. Box-office receipts of $3.5 million disappointed all involved, and the show drew negative reviews from critics.

Imax signed a deal to co-produce the series and exclusively premiere the first two episodes for two weeks in theater worldwide. The box office reception — $3.5 million—was below Imax’s expectations. With negative buzz already in the air, producers asked during TCA summer press tour about the unusual move to play it in theaters said critics should not judge it based on the version that existed at that time, which they called “not finished.”

Another experiment like Inhumans is not likely for Imax, based on Gelfond’s post-mortem. “Going forward, we intend to take a more conservative approach consistent with the Game of Thrones approach to capital investments and content,” Gelfond said on the call. “We will be more conservative when considering whether to invest our own capital; and if so, to what extent.”

Despite the blemish, Imax reported strong third-quarter results yesterday that exceeded Wall Street estimates. The exhibitor has seen its beleaguered stock spring back to life, with double-digit gains Thursday and another 6% boost today. At mid-session, it was trading at $24.85.

Gelfond addressed the Inhumans problems head-on, while Marvel and ABC execs have avoided it thus far. At last week’s NAB Show New York, Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb and co-head Jim Chory received a production award and sat for a keynote interview about their careers. Approached afterward by Deadline with a question about Inhumans, they walked away without commenting.

“Customers expected a production akin to a mega-budget blockbuster movie, rather than pilots for a television show,” Gelfond said. “Moreover, the fact that this was Marvel IP set the bar at a level you wouldn’t see from other pieces of content or IP because of the reputation and the high production value of Marvel movies.”
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,081 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 3
    I just got back from Thor Ragnarok.

Awesome movie.

It has such a joy to it. I think the longer wait for this and change of "venue" and fresh faces help it immensely.
    Thor 2 was one of MCU's most disappointing films so this is a significant step up.

There are 2 credit scenes, 1 in the middle of credits and one after the credits finish completely FYI

Pros:

Most of the new characters are great such as Hela, Valkyrie, Korg, Grandmaster

The electronic/synthesizer music.

Blanchett's portrayal of Hela was great.

Dr Strange cameo was cute and organic to the film.

Hulk /Thor fight and Valkyrie vs anybody. (chaingun in that costume. I almost skeeted :)

I feel we got to see more of Hulks character than in the Avengers movies

The jokes fly at a million miles but 90% of them land.

Taking Thor out of his "comfort zone" in multiple ways and making him more vulnerable.

Cons

The death of an an important character came and went very quickly

I wish Skurge fought more overall

Lack of one character from the previous 2 films entirely (On the other hand, considering the nature of the film, maybe it was for the best)

Overall: 8.5/10 a great end to the Thor trilogy

Thor 1 8/10
    Thor 2 6.5/10

PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 521
    If there's one thing I can commend Thor Ragnarok for being consistently good at, is the humour. It was quite the breath of fresh air after most of GotG Vol.2's jokes not sticking as well as they could've.
    Rip sig.
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,731
    I enjoyed Thor Ragnarok. Even though Cate did a great job in her role, Tom Hiddleston's Loki is still the top tier villain in the MCU

PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • 2-D2-D Praise BasedGod...Hand Joined: Posts: 985
    edited November 3
    dn0s wrote: »
    I enjoyed it a lot. Definitely the best of the Thor movies and enjoyed pretty much every character, especially Valkyrie. I do wish Hela did a bit more, but besides that it’s a good movie.
    Don’t mind Jane not being in the movie, and Lady Sif since the Warriors 3 got peaced faster than James Franco in Alien Covenant
    Sif should still be running around since she's the only one that didn't get blew off by Hela
    Good movie, better than Guardians 2 imo. The "serious moment, then joke" almost got on my nerves, but the mid and late parts of the movie found a rhythm. Cate Blanchett is just....jesus. One of the better Marvel villains. After credit scene was pretty lame. Enjoyable, but not just OMG skeet skeet skeet!
    PSN:ForeverKing901
    3DS:3969-5077-5320
    WSHH is like a genital herpes to the black community - Gimpy
    Youtube: http://m.youtube.com/user/infamoustechnique
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 3,202
    I just got back from Thor Ragnarok.

Awesome movie.

It has such a joy to it. I think the longer wait for this and change of "venue" and fresh faces help it immensely.
    Thor 2 was one of MCU's most disappointing films so this is a significant step up.

There are 2 credit scenes, 1 in the middle of credits and one after the credits finish completely FYI

Pros:

Most of the new characters are great such as Hela, Valkyrie, Korg, Grandmaster

The electronic/synthesizer music.

Blanchett's portrayal of Hela was great.

Dr Strange cameo was cute and organic to the film.

Hulk /Thor fight and Valkyrie vs anybody. (chaingun in that costume. I almost skeeted :)

I feel we got to see more of Hulks character than in the Avengers movies

The jokes fly at a million miles but 90% of them land.

Taking Thor out of his "comfort zone" in multiple ways and making him more vulnerable.

Cons

The death of an an important character came and went very quickly

I wish Skurge fought more overall

Lack of one character from the previous 2 films entirely (On the other hand, considering the nature of the film, maybe it was for the best)

Overall: 8.5/10 a great end to the Thor trilogy

Thor 1 8/10
    Thor 2 6.5/10

Agreed on all this!!

Definitely worth a viewing if you're able to check it out!!
    Mid-credit scene is the one that matter and is "Skeeet!!" worthy!!

Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Menat
  • voodazzvoodazz WORST. RACIST. EVER. Joined: Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Loved the movie. Best Thor movie and ranks in the top 5 best marvel movies.

Goldblum is hilarious. "Melting stick" lol
    Cate was awesome. Right blend of humor and Menace.

I was surprised by how much I liked Valkyrie. Her being hot as hell was a bonus too.
    I was kind of disappointed by how they handled Hulk. First he jobs to Iron Man and now Thor? I was really hoping to see hints of world breaker Hulk, but they made him a full retard in this movie.
    I guess I'm so used to the Hulk actually being articulate and cunning in the comics, this Corky Hulk was borderline irritating and his rage moments were more like temper tantrums.

Banner rag dolling on the bridge and Fenris sniffing his lifeless body made me spit out my popcorn. Lol

Valkyrie is hot.

I was surprised how quickly the Warriors Three were killed. At least one of them actually got a hit in.

www.voodazz.com
    "It's okay to lie to women. They're not people like us."
    -Peter Griffin
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Fucking hell.

Best Thor movie yet.
    Of course, BP gonna be epic AF after that.
    Good thing they dropped Jane Foster and Sif characters but I do miss Darcy's plump boobies.

Last thing, my theory is that the Black Order is actually a corrupted Fantastic Four and not that other rumor floating around about Heimdall, Loki, Valkyrie and Hulk as Thanos' henchmen. Just saying.
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,337
    Saw Thor. Was pretty meh.

Not bad, but not good.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So the quinjet has interstellar capabilities?
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    In the books, Stark had made quinjets for space travel and it seems they added that capability to the one unit in the movies because reasons to get The Hulk off world.

How fucking convenient is that?
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,990
    Not really explained, but I guess the Space Stone had something to do.
    Magegg wrote: »
    Not really explained, but I guess the Space Stone had something to do.

what space stone? thor walks into the thing and the quinjet is intact and untouched; proof is the video of black widow that plays out, implied to be during Avengers AoU but Hulk obviously never bothered to watch. quinjet plot armor
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    tataa8P wrote: »
    In the books, Stark had made quinjets for space travel and it seems they added that capability to the one unit in the movies because reasons to get The Hulk off world.

How fucking convenient is that?

Far too convenient. In the comics, humans traveling to other star systems isn't a big deal if you got connections. In MCU however, Stark is not making a jet that can reach Xandar or wherever in two years without a press conference about it. If the quinjet can reach GotG space in two years then Stark has FTL tech.
    Far too convenient. In the comics, humans traveling to other star systems isn't a big deal if you got connections. In MCU however, Stark is not making a jet that can reach Xandar or wherever in two years without a press conference about it. If the quinjet can reach GotG space in two years then Stark has FTL tech.

while not really explicitly revealed, a lot of fucked-up things happen in space like wormholes and such which could have brought the quinjet to Sakaar or maybe via the rainbow bridge.

again, mostly conjecture and nitpicking but also WAAAY TOO convenient since Stark hasn't even started researching FTL travel.
    like I said, quinjet plot armor as per usual.
  • GraphicGraphic Waifu Fighter V Joined: Posts: 666
    Just came back from watching Ragnarock, it was easily the best of the three Thor films. The fun/serious/fun sequencing in the beginning was a bit jarring but it was needed to cut to the plot.
  • odinodin crystal clear Joined: Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That was one of the most entertaining movies I ever watched. Top 3 Marvel film for me, along with GotG1 and WS.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,625 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    soooo we're not gonna do the reborn cycle of ragnarok?
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 6
    2-D wrote: »
    The "serious moment, then joke" almost got on my nerves, but the mid and late parts of the movie found a rhythm.

I enjoyed the movie but THIS! It's actually very irritating to watch that constant back and forth and it totally takes away from the tension. The formula worked well for the first Guardian of the Galaxy because they were able to be more nuanced with it, but now they're just running away with the shtick to the point where it totally takes me out of the film. The same thing happened in Guardian of the Galaxy 2 and it was annoying, but I guess since test audiences love it they're going to run that gimmick into the ground.

Hela was a cool villain but...
    They had to nerf her quite hard later on to make Thor able to believably compete one-on-one. Her being able one hand crush an Uru uber-enchanted hammer was a ridiculous and hype feat, so the fact that she held back from making it rain with daggers through Thor's skull at any vulnerable moment was interesting.

Overall an entertaining movie. A 7.5/10 for me.

BTW, was anyone else drawn to Cate Blanchett in this movie? I never really saw her as that attractive before, but her portrayal as Hela was pretty hot.
    Post edited by white shadow on
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    Disney ain't waiting for the rights to lapse. They are looking to buy most of Fox.

• voodazzvoodazz WORST. RACIST. EVER. Joined: Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    2-D wrote: »
    The "serious moment, then joke" almost got on my nerves, but the mid and late parts of the movie found a rhythm.

I enjoy the movie but THIS! It's actually very irritating to watch that constant back and forth and it totally takes away from the tension. The formula worked well for the first Guardian of the Galaxy because they were able to be more nuanced with it, but now they're just running away with the shtick to the point where it totally takes me out of the film. The same thing happened in Guardian of the Galaxy 2 and it was annoying, but I guess since test audiences love it they're going to run that gimmick into the ground.

Hela was a cool villain but...
    They had to nerf her quite hard later on to make Thor able to believably compete one-on-one. Her feat to one hand crush an Uru uber-enchanted hammer was a ridiculous and hype feat, so the fact that she held back from making it rain with daggers through Thor's skull at any vulnerable moment was interesting.

Overall a entertaining movie 7.5/10 for me.

BTW, was anyone else drawn to Cate Blanchett in this movie? I never really saw her as that attractive before, but her portrayal as Hela was pretty hot.

I've always found Cate to be attractive in that weird sophisticated librarian/bored rich boss's wife kinda way, but this is the first time I thought her to be rock star sexy. Must be that black wig, skin tight outfit and trashy eye-liner.

Speaking of MCU jokes, I think the WORST perpetrator of this is Age of Ultron.
    This movie was hyped for over a year as being "darker" and "serious" and gasp! Somebody could die!

But nope, all we got was wave after wave of shticky one-liners and in-jokes which completely destroyed any resemblance of tension and danger.
    Even Ultron, one of the coldest, most ruthless and genocidal villains in Marvel history was a nerfed stand up comedian. Never once did I fear for the lives of any of the main casts' lives.
    Yeah, quicksilver dies, but nobody gives a shit about him.

Thor was a comedy, but it did have some dark moments that made me say "holy shit... Hela doesn't fuck around and anybody could die!"
    I pretty much expected Hela to be nerfed against Thor during their final fight, but I do agree... she crushed thor's HAMMER. She could have easily have popped his head off when she had her hand around his throat, but she has to adhere to the school of villainy and take time out to gloat rather than finishing the hero off.

www.voodazz.com
    "It's okay to lie to women. They're not people like us."
    -Peter Griffin
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,270
    Good. Buy everything Disney. Give us a proper X-men movie and fantastic four movie

Also, just got out of seeing Thor Ragnarok.

Uh, it was okay. I wasn’t really impressed or blown away by anything. It was a run of the mill marvel movie. The movie wasn’t bad though. I loved Jeff Goldblum scenes (but I’ve always loved Jeff Goldblum)

Trailer for Black Panther before hand was great though. I’ve already seen the trailer like 4958585 times but I’m still all smiles when I see it. Can’t wait.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing -Steven Universe: Save the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Oni Press), TMNT (IDW)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017), We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

It was a run of the mill marvel movie.

I wouldn't talk it run of the mill. Ragnarok is more of a pure comedy compared to the other movies. It felt like a sitcom than a proper action movie.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,270
    It was a run of the mill marvel movie.

I wouldn't talk it run of the mill. Ragnarok is more of a pure comedy compared to the other movies. It felt like a sitcom than a proper action movie.

I guess. I didn’t really laugh at any of the “humor” though.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing -Steven Universe: Save the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Oni Press), TMNT (IDW)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017), We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

• LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So about the post-credits scene....
    Was that supposed to be Thanos' spaceship?

So that means Thanos is now after Loki who most likely has the Tesseract again?
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
    Lantis wrote: »
    So about the post-credits scene....
    Was that supposed to be Thanos' spaceship?

So that means Thanos is now after Loki who most likely has the Tesseract again?

Yeah, pretty much. Having read about the particulars of the Infinity War teaser a few months back, it is very likely that Thanos does acquire the Space Stone which would allow him to cross the universe instantly. Very handy when in search of other Infinity Stones.
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 4,051
    can someone spoiler tag the 2nd post credit scene? I had to take a leak

Cate Blanchett and Valkyrie owned this

@white shadow I think is her voice. On regular films she has the typical oldish white girl look (instantly unattractive) but black hair plus the way she stared and that deep voice did the trick I agree.

I need a Valkyrie poster now

You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP