can someone spoiler tag the 2nd post credit scene? I had to take a leak
    Nothing really special, just Grand Master Goldblum lecturing the scavengers
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,567
    https://screenrant.com/marvel-female-superhero-movie-mcu/

On mobile but simply put the female actors have pitched to Feige an all female heroes movie.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,004 mod
    So anyone else think that the...
    Eternal Flame is actually the Soul Stone. I mean, we know that the color of the MCU version is orange, and we see that it brings dead things back to life.

The only issue is back in the the Dark World, we hear them talking about not keeping two Infinity Stone's in the same place, but that can easily be explained away by either saying that they didn't know that it was the Soul Stone, or Odin just being a liar.
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    DONtcFxUMAEmI7g.jpg:large
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,011
    d3v wrote: »
    So anyone else think that the...
    Eternal Flame is actually the Soul Stone. I mean, we know that the color of the MCU version is orange, and we see that it brings dead things back to life.

The only issue is back in the the Dark World, we hear them talking about not keeping two Infinity Stone's in the same place, but that can easily be explained away by either saying that they didn't know that it was the Soul Stone, or Odin just being a liar.

Could have been but unless they are flying at the seat of their pants and there really is no grand plan, it is doubtful.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    dn3000 wrote: »
    DONtcFxUMAEmI7g.jpg:large

shouldn't this be in the deadpool movie thread?
    nice troll btw
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,038
    edited November 12
    So yeah loki took the tesseract

Banner is now gone, and we got sorta grey hulk, and thor got a girl he actually has to hunt

The warrior 3 are dead

So what happened to sif? She an agent of shield now?

I like the tone was more in line with gotg than the previous 2

Getting rid of the crappy love interest part saved the franchise

I also loved how bad ass super saiyan 2 thor was
    Post edited by dab00g on
  • ZazzariusZazzarius Shaaaaaaaa! Joined: Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    finally got to seeing new thor and it feels like probably one the best marvel movies to date. cosmic marvel is always so much fun.
    "Amidst the mists and fiercest frosts,
    with barest wrists and stoutest boasts,
    he thrusts his fists against the posts,
    and still insists he sees the ghosts."
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,836
    Im so conflicted abt Ragnarok.

The jokes were so over the top and they just. never. stopped. It got to the point where i was checking my phone and waiting for shit to end during the final sequence which was supposed to be badass but felt instead like just torture at that point since they were just cramming gag after gag in. The two jokes that got me were thor throwing the ball off the window and hitting himself, and banner jumping onto the rainbow bridge. and yet, even as i laughed, i was mad at myself and the movie for doing such lowbrow comedy. I found out the director let the cast improv most of the dialogue and that hemsworth felt the film needed to be more comedic....the result, a film where the jokes start off amusing and charming and somewhere in the middle just felt like every cast member was just trying to one-up each other, and no one got the memo that they were trying too hard. they also shitted on what ragnarok was sposeta be, cmon not even a mention of Balder the brave?!

yet, despite all this, the movie was surprising badass? Surtur (sp?) was amazing looking. hela was sinister and sleek and sexy and every other positive adjective beginning with s. Loki was Loki, and for the first time we get a portrayal of Loki not as evil nor as good, but just as a dude who CANT FKN HELP HIMSELF BUT TO TROLL. Loki being in the grandmasters good aces when thor arrives was absolutely perfect. thor vs hulk was absolutely perfect. thor should always beat hulk, but not easily. the cameo by dr strange was well done and charming.

so yeah idk how i feel. i still prefer thor 1 out of all the thor movies to date mostly because im a big homo for the destroyer armor.
    also after mimicking the warbound and gladiator hulk, are they still planning to do planet hulk? whats the deal with that?

as maxx pointed out, are we getting the rebirth part of ragnarok or nah? asgard on earth (presumably in that place in norway where odin died) could set up moments from the JMS comic like asgard floating, resurrecting the fallen asgardians....but no one really died? AND ONCE AGAIN NO MENTION OF BALDER THE BRAVE!!
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • Legend IILegend II Living Legend sequel. Joined: Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    But Hulk almost always beats Thor.

Thor victories over Hulk are scarce.
    Never lose your dignity for anyone.
    KOF 14: Clark, Kula, Mai and Yuri, Ryuji, Terry
    Street Fighter 5: Laura, Abigail, Kolin
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,836
    Yeah they frequently job thor in the comics
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Thor jobbing to The Hulk in the books was just the writers fucking around since he got too OP prior to becoming unworthy.
    Case in point: he fucking beat The Sentry during the Siege arc which was just ridiculous since The Sentry can go toe to toe with The Hulk any day.
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,038
    I wonder if we get mighy hercules just to fuck with some shit.

I liked Thor 3 because it was a sci fi epic like flash gordon and it embraced the off kilterness of thor and loki being total opposites but entirely lovable
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 525
    Some guy is leaked a bunch of Infinity War pics on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/7dbvva/here_have_a_leak_proxima_midnight_more_coming_soon/

As expected, they were taken down, but I still managed to get one before they were nuked from imgur:
    zrUQRr9.jpg
    Rip sig.
  • BigDeweyBigDewey Joined: Posts: 1,987
    I honestly think that's why the movie was so good. Even though it had jokes, the movie was pretty heavy on death and destruction. They really didn't pull any punches on Ragnarok, people died and the threats (Hela and Surtur) were actually well... threatening. I just saw the movie and the complaints about it being too jokey were an exaggeration imo. There was humor, but it didn't kill the action or the heart to heart moments. It was light moments to break the tension but nothing more. Maybe it took some people out of the gravity or seriousness of the movie, but it didn't for me personally.

I felt like the humor blended with the serious moments similarly to what Get Out did. A little more low brow in some places, but it got it's point across. Thor and the bouncy ball part cracked me up btw. But overall I thought it had less humor in it than both GotG movies too, so what do I know? *shrugs*
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    lowkey my favorite part of the movie
    Hulk ragdolling Thor and Loki saying "Yes! That's how it feels!"
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode