The Marvel Studios thread | X-Men and Fantastic Four WELCOME BACK!! CONFIRMED!!

Comments

• MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 4,001
    SoVi3t wrote: »
    Sentinels sucked in general, in DoFP. Can't understand how most of you were willing to accept that mediocre offering as a quality X-Men movie.

No Master Mold, no Nimrod, and Sentinels were all like 5 foot tall. Fuck right off.
    I think X-Men: DoFP is probably the best movie based on a Marvel franchise so far. It was excellent. You have it to see it more like a thing within their own X-Universe than as a comic book adaptation, but it's great either ways.

They simply can't adapt everything in the movie, that DoFP universe is really big in the comic books. Whatever, Sentinels X were incredible, while I always found pink-colored Nimrod and Master Mold to be lame and boring. I think the movie version is far superior over the one of the comics.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,186
    Klaw means possible t'challa?

Wondering if war machine gets in this
  • thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 663
    Magegg wrote: »
    I think X-Men: DoFP is probably the best movie based on a Marvel franchise so far. It was excellent. You have it to see it more like a thing within their own X-Universe than as a comic book adaptation, but it's great either ways.

They simply can't adapt everything in the movie, that DoFP universe is really big in the comic books. Whatever, Sentinels X were incredible, while I always found pink-colored Nimrod and Master Mold to be lame and boring. I think the movie version is far superior over the one of the comics.

I kinda liked those powered-up Sentinels, but they looked more like Super Adaptoid. I missed Nimrod and Master Mold there, they could've put a reference for them at least. And Wolvie surviving being raped by metal and being thrown in the river is bullshit IMO.

Back to Avengers, maybe Wanda doesn't give a shit/is scared about the Avengers and is controlling Hulk to fight them, forcing Tony to put the Hulkbuster on. And holy shit, Black Panther needs to appear even if it's necessary to fill up the post-credit scene with him.
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    MvC:I: Reality-Ultron/Chun, Time-Ultron/Chun, Time-Cap.Marvel/Ryu, ?-Venom/?
    DBZ: Trunks/Piccolo/Yamcha
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim
  • LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well, there is a scene where Ultron, Scarlet, and Quiksilver seem to be chilling out at some ruins, so I dunno...maybe they team up at first?
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,277
    RockBogart wrote: »
    Rhodey is in that scene where everyone is drinking at Avengers Tower

What I want to know is who's the girl next to Thor. I don't think it's Jane though it could be. Hard to tell at that distance.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • bypostmanbypostman Joined: Posts: 2,207
    Always thought the Hulk vs Ironman scene from the trailer was from Ultron upgrading himself to handle the Hulk.

"We have a Hulk"

*Ultron assembles Hulkbuster armor*

"Oh shit."
  • jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,874
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    Its explained in those links that rogue was suppose to be a part of the story, which makes sense as to how the sentinels can steal powers, since that is not mystiques ability. It was poorly written in the movie where the small doctor implied that they could make sentinels that could adapat to any environment, and transform, which people took as the source of how the sentinels could steal mutant powers, but they took it the wrong way. Mystiques ability to transform her body, allowing her in some cases depending on the mutant/person, change how she adapts to environment (size changes, muscle changes, eyes, ears, etc.) is different then stealing powers.
    The robots simply transform their skin... Just like Mystique does. IIRC They turn into metal or stone, to overcome Colossus and Sunspot powers. IIRC they also created some extra joints in their limbs, but Mystique could even mimic some extra body parts, like Wolverine's claws in the first movie.
    The only part resembling "stealing powers" I saw was them using a heat ray attack, that might look like Sunspot's ability, but nothing says they "stole" that power from him, that's probably just one of their standard abilites.

Okay, youre retarded and wrong. Im done. lol
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • ultraman zoffyultraman zoffy Joined: Posts: 180
    Trailer is too sick. Couple of guesses so far:
    1) Introduction of Klaw/T'Challa most likely means vibranium, which is probably going to be the stand-in material comprising Ultron's armor since adamantium is Fox'd.
    2) Scene with Ultron, Witch, and Quicksilver looks to be taking place in an assembly plant where the drones are probably being mass produced... Witch looking around with a "oh shit" face is probably where her and Pietro start realizing they might be rolling with the wrong team.
    3) Iron Man in the comics typically dons the Hulkbuster armor on top of his "standard" armor, so I'm betting it's actually Stark in there, facing off against Banner who got pissed off when learning Stark was up to something shady (obviously related to Thor getting ready to chokeslam him)

• OutlawHeroOutlawHero BC|OutlawHero Joined: Posts: 7
    The hype is real
    thiagoeis wrote: »
    I missed Nimrod and Master Mold there, they could've put a reference for them at least.
    That would have been too much fanservice in an already overloaded movie.
    And Wolvie surviving being raped by metal and being thrown in the river is bullshit IMO.
    I read around an article detailing how Wolverine surviving being drowned was perfectly scientifically accurate.
    Back to Avengers, maybe Wanda doesn't give a shit/is scared about the Avengers and is controlling Hulk to fight them, forcing Tony to put the Hulkbuster on. And holy shit, Black Panther needs to appear even if it's necessary to fill up the post-credit scene with him.
    Agree. They're seen with Ultron, and they're created by Von Strucker. They're gonna be villains, at least at the start of the movie.
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 2014
    What the x-men movies needed the most wasn't speific characters, what it needed was plots with no idiot holes and characters that weren't butchered since the 1st.
    edited October 2014
    Zatalcon wrote: »
    What the x-men movies needed the most wasn't speific characters, what it needed was plots with no idiot holes and characters that weren't butchered since the 1st.
    No, the X-Men movies are way better than the comics. The X: DoFP movie was much better than the comic books version, it is a masterpiece.
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,277
    *sigh*

Welp Magegg did it now. Good bye trailer hype.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Boston legal spader with ultron voice will be Phoenix Wright's worst nightmare.
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
  • KORYNTHYANKORYNTHYAN Pinteresting... Joined: Posts: 838 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Spader as Ultron. I knew it would be cool but damn. So good.

SO GOOD.

I feel kinda bad for Aaron Taylor-Johnson/Quicksilver, but then not really. The Piotr Maximoff in DoFP
    was too good, but I think maybe this one is just the older version of him so it might not be so bad.
    What LOOKS bad already is the effects Marvel is giving him. Yikes. -_-

~K.
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    LESTWINS
    edited October 2014
    hecatombz wrote: »
    I never read the comics that much, but the last 2 xmen movies were a big improvement
    X-Men
    X-Men 2
    X-Men: First Class
    X-Men: Days of Future

Those are truly great stories.

I read X-Men comics, but they're not my favorite books. So far I've found the movies to be more breathtaking, their version of DoFP worked excellent within their universe, there was no bullshit and everything serve to a purpose.

About X-Men 3 and the Wolverine movies, I can't say much on their favour, I prefer to ignore, but the 4 good X-Men movies are excellent enough to make the comics look boring and lame.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,910
    Yeah, the first Wolverine movie had a lot of "WTF" stuff either in it or left out. I mean, who would possibly had wanted to see Wade Wilson vs Sabretooth happen on screen instead of mentioning it as something that happened off screen in passing?
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    edited October 2014
    How is it bullshit that wolverine, who can regen from anything, survived a drowning attempt?

X-men movies got bad when they started making everything a mutant. Phoenix, Juggernaut (no longer even Xavier's brother)...

Does Fox own the rights to Adamantium?
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
    X-men movies got bad when they started making everything a mutant. Phoenix, Juggernaut (no longer even Xavier's brother)...
    Juggernaut being powered by a magic rock sounds stupid to me. There's no reason why he shouldn't be a mutant. The true problem is that his movie version sucked.

I agree Phoenix should have been saved and presented (or at least hinted) as a cosmic force until later. Her reinvention was a terrible excuse for X-Men 3, a very regrettable movie.
    Does Fox own the rights to Adamantium?
    Totally.
  • MechWarriorMechWarrior Joined: Posts: 5,718
    edited October 2014
    Juggernaut being powered by a magic rock sounds stupid to me. There's no reason why he shouldn't be a mutant. The true problem is that his movie version sucked.
    Post edited by MechWarrior on
    XBL: MechWarriorNY
  • KORYNTHYANKORYNTHYAN Pinteresting... Joined: Posts: 838 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    X3 was a terrible movie. We all watched it anywayz. Go figure.

The thing with Jean is that she is a mutant. She was born one. Growing telepathy, ever increasing control over telekenetics.

The thing the movies didn't go into because either the lack of time, competent script writers, or other, was that she's
    also a major conduit for the Phoenix Force. She hasn't been the only one either.

Almost enough there (maybe actually there is enough) to make a solid feature film out of it all. Kinda reminds me of The Darkness/WitchBlade.

~K.
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    LESTWINS
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    curious how they are gonna retcon vibranium.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    How so, maxx ?
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

How so, maxx ?

iron man 2 i believe it was, tony stark "discovered the new element".

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,845
    maxx wrote: »
    How so, maxx ?

Vibranium wasn't the new element he discovered. His dad Howard had a supply of Vibranium when he designed Cap's shield in Cap's first movie.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    Juggernaut not being a mutant, and his jealousy of his brother, was an important part of his character and motivation, regardless of whether u care for his origin or not.

They didn't even mention his relationship to Charles, for fucks sakes.
    You know why? Because they would never, NEVER give any interest to a character like Juggernaut. He's not really interesting, he has no depth, he cannot be the star on one movie or one of the important antagonists, unless this is "X-Men Origins: Professor X", and he would still be lame.

The only way he could feature in the movie is as one assorted mutant put there only because it's popular. In that sense, he had a good role in the X-Men 3 movie. But I still disliked his look and characterization, it was too lame and over the top.

And if you're making him not a mutant, just don't put that ridiculous magic stone thing. X-Men franchise can work on theater with mutants, right, but don't start adding aliens and magic and all that crap, it's too ridiculous. In the comics, this cannot be helped since they are set in the crazy anything-can-happen Marvel universe, but I prefer the way the movies did it, a thing on its own.

Cosmic stuff and even aliens could be introduced, but it would have to do sooo slowly, and slowly, and... Ah, you know what? Screw it. Aliens just cannot work. I cannot imagine Wolverine travelling to space here, seriously.
    maxx wrote: »
    How so, maxx ?

Vibranium wasn't the new element he discovered. His dad Howard had a supply of Vibranium when he designed Cap's shield in Cap's first movie.

they've more or less made it sound like the starks discovered it. also the fact its a element and not an alloy is also wonky.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Tony didn't discover it, he just used his dad's notes to recreate it. And his dad didn't have the technology to create it.

Magegg, be glad I can't quote on mobile, as I would tear your entire post apart.

Yeah, Aliens wouldn't work... So fuck the Shiar, and GotG, and Starjammers.... I bet WB had the same failed discussion about Green Lantern.

Juggernaut IS a good character. Mainly because his powers are magical in nature, so he avoids mutants like Rogue, can kick the shit out of most X-men, and as I mentioned before, his jealousy of Charles and other mutants gave him good reason to do what he does. Instead ur trying to claim they could do Juggernaut without magic or mutants? Lol what?

I don't wanna watch the Q-Men or whatever random stupidity u are easily amused by. I want the fucking X-men. There is reasons why characters like Juggernaut have preservered over the decades.

• bypostmanbypostman Joined: Posts: 2,207
    edited October 2014
    Juggernaut could be a good character for screen imo. He just needs the right person to bring him to life.

Conceptually I think a lot of X-men characters are good, they just get underfocused in comic.
  • voodazzvoodazz WORST. RACIST. EVER. Joined: Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Don't know about Hulkbuster being an Ultron hijack. Banner looks a bit more unstable than usual in this trailer.
    www.voodazz.com
    "It's okay to lie to women. They're not people like us."
    -Peter Griffin
    It showed Iron Man in his suit, getting in the Hulkbuster.

Not a single doubt in my mind. Last movie we got Thor vs Hulk. This movie will be either Iron Man vs Hulk, or Avengers vs Hulk. Ultron is just gonna make mad amounts of clones of himself.
    bypostman wrote: »
    Juggernaut could be a good character for screen imo. He just needs the right person to bring him to life.

Conceptually I think a lot of X-men characters are good, they just get underfocused in comic.

Juggernaut is probably not a character that could handle being the main villain, but his relationship with Charles was what made him good. It'd be great to see the entire X-Men trying to take him down, as well, rather than the X-Men movies typical tactics of nothing but one on one fights.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file