The Marvel Studios thread | X-Men and Fantastic Four WELCOME BACK!! CONFIRMED!!

Comments

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,832
    Magegg wrote: »
    They likely gonna start. GotG is the highest grossing movie of the year and currently Marvel's hottest property. They also got cosmic stuff going on in their Thor films as well. It would be high time for Fox to take the X-Men on a cosmic adventure.
    It looks like, but their Fantastic Four has to be a big success first.
    Also, I think they're gonna start handling the X-Men movies with much more care, probably mixing up aliens in the already long-time established X Universe won't blend easily and it could hurt the franchise.
    So far, Fox studios have been really cautious about a crossover between F4 and X-Men, and they've said there's no plans on it, but "maybe later"...

Fantastic Four at best only been a moderate success for Fox. If the reboot bombs you best believe the rights will revert back to Marvel.

Aliens won't damage the franchise. Not to the extent that X3 and the first Wolverine movie did. DoFP introduced time travel to the movie universe. Time travel is a tricker beast to tickle than aliens. Cosmic elements will have to be introduced since Apocalypse is the villain for the next movie. His power suit is of alien origin.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 4,001
    SoVi3t wrote: »
    Fox is going to abandon the living shit out of the FF franchise, after the reboot bombs.
    Hope so. F4 would feel completely at home inside the MCU.

BTW: https://www.facebook.com/F4MCU
    Or to raise sells.
    RockBogart wrote: »
    No. It's spite. There's been a plan put in motion since earlier this year that rolls into next year to shelve mutants and the F4.
    I disagree. They won't remain dead, Fox's rights over movie versions of F4 and X-Men don't even have an expire date, they could keep on doing movies on those characters until 2050 or 2100, basically forever and ever, if they don't stop making movies. And I don't think Marvel's gonna let Wolverine and the Fantastic Four dead or out of publishing until those years...
    If it was to boost sales they would have given him the send off he deserved. Shit would have been on the news.
    Death of Wolverine was highly publicized. He's popular but he's not as much an American icon as Captain America, Spider-Man or Superman. I guess that's the reason why the news didn't pick up much.
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,444
    WTF?!?! SRK I can't quote post anymore.

@crucades To answer your question,no my time on TYM has deadened my troll/just joking sense......that's why I'm on this site now.

I apologizes......
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,273
    No. It's spite. There's been a plan put in motion since earlier this year that rolls into next year to shelve mutants and the F4.
    I disagree. They won't remain dead, Fox's rights over movie versions of F4 and X-Men don't even have an expire date, they could keep on doing movies on those characters until 2050 or 2100, basically forever and ever, if they don't stop making movies. And I don't think Marvel's gonna let Wolverine and the Fantastic Four dead or out of publishing until those years...
    If it was to boost sales they would have given him the send off he deserved. Shit would have been on the news.
    Death of Wolverine was highly publicized. He's popular but he's not as much an American icon as Captain America, Spider-Man or Superman. I guess that's the reason why the news didn't pick up much.

The way the X-men and Fantastic Four movie rights work is if you don't use it you lose it.
    You stay idle with a property too long it defaults back to the original owner.

Hence Why fox made First Class and soon the new Fantastic Four movies in the first place.
    F4 was marvels worst selling comic, they might just scrap it all together.
    Xmen books are already taken by the avengers writing team
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    edited October 2014
    I think Franklin kinda made the F4 suck. Kinda hard to worry about shit, when your kid has a pet Galactus, and can create pocket dimensions.

I get the feeling Sony is going to hold onto Spider-Man for awhile, and Marvel is somewhat ok with that, as they still make money with little or no risk.

F4 will revert to them, a la Daredevil

X-Men, I figure Disney will eventually just cave, and pay them billions for the rights back.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,713 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I think Franklin kinda made the F4 suck. Kinda hard to worry about shit, when your kid has a pet Galactus, and can create pocket dimensions.

I get the feeling Sony is going to hold onto Spider-Man for awhile, and Marvel is somewhat ok with that, as they still make money with little or no risk.

X-Men, I figure Disney will eventually just cave, and pay them billions for the rights back.

sony is gonna share spidey....fox movies are bombing more and more. spidey is struggling in the reboot....sony wants some cash. they are def gonna share the rights...not flat out give them to marvel though.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    maxx wrote: »

sony is gonna share spidey....fox movies are bombing more and more. spidey is struggling in the reboot....sony wants some cash. they are def gonna share the rights...not flat out give them to marvel though.

yeah, Marvel will open the doors to them a little more, and get Spidey back in the process.

Fox movies don't have much longer. I really don't think there is a way they can redeem the Fantastic Four. Hell, Marvel doesn't even want the FF back (except maybe Reed). They just wanna get back access to Silver Surfer, and Galactus.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

better show Quicksilver not sucking

avengers-9.gif?w=612&h=256

and some:

avengers-4.gif?w=612&h=256

avengers-17.gif?w=612&h=256

edited October 2014
    yeah, Marvel will open the doors to them a little more, and get Spidey back in the process.
    Hope so. They say Sony has financial problems. I'd like Spidey to be back at M. Studios.
    Fox movies don't have much longer. I really don't think there is a way they can redeem the Fantastic Four. Hell, Marvel doesn't even want the FF back (except maybe Reed). They just wanna get back access to Silver Surfer, and Galactus.
    X-Men has a big potential for spin-offs and sequels, there are tons of popular characters and storylines, and now they're handling much more carefully their films (the nightmares of X-Men 3 and Wolverine Origins are left behind). Also, Fox has been talking about developing a TV series based on X-Men. I think they have nothing to lose. I don't expect the X rights to go Marvel Studios anytime soon. Probably at year 2040.

They don't have a chance with Fantastic Four, however. They don't have the good writers and directors of Marvel Studios, and the F4 themselves have not been really popular in a long long long time...

lol fantastic four...i feel like marvel is out to close all doors on anything they dont own. the cancellation of the ff comic..wolverine dieing....everything kinda just feels like they have a serious vendetta against anything marvel studios doesnt own.

the xmen stuff is just far too big to shut down totally but they do kinda feel like they are downplaying it. i think something big is gonna come outta civil war 2...and its directly linked to the film franchises.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    the xmen stuff is just far too big to shut down totally

Well they appear to be running the whole "No More Mutants" thing again come January

http://www.newsarama.com/22373-marvel-comics-teases-no-more-mutants-to-retailers.html

Its an Avengers event that takes place after AXIS. I assume mutants are going to go back on the government shit list again for some stupid ass reason.

But Quicksilver and SW are supposed to be part of the unity squad post AXIS.

yeah..im seeing this as a way to downplay them again. im really curious if marvel would be willing to cancel such money makers.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:

Well they appear to be running the whole "No More Mutants" thing again come January

http://www.newsarama.com/22373-marvel-comics-teases-no-more-mutants-to-retailers.html

Its an Avengers event that takes place after AXIS. I assume mutants are going to go back on the government shit list again for some stupid ass reason.

In fact, every Marvel comic book event is seemingly coming back in 2015. New iterations of Civil War, Planet Hulk, Secret Wars, Infinity Gauntlet, among others, have been announced.

yeah..im seeing this as a way to downplay them again. im really curious if marvel would be willing to cancel such money makers.

Didn't they all downplay them with Inhumanity? It felt like they replacing mutants with Inhumans.
  • LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    They're taking too long to make a NSync/Ultron meme....
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
    Hope so. They say Sony has financial problems. I'd like Spidey to be back at M. Studios.

Marvel gets money from Spider-Man products still. So when a Spider-Man movie comes out, Sony does all the work, some toy company makes the toy's, and Marvel just sits back and collects royalties. If/When/(already) Spider-Man bombs with Sony, they'll give up and it won't hurt Marvel too much, fans will go nuts that it's back in their hands, no harm no foul.

Same can't be said for X-Men and FF, for now.
    X-Men has a big potential for spin-offs and sequels, there are tons of popular characters and storylines, and now they're handling much more carefully their films (the nightmares of X-Men 3 and Wolverine Origins are left behind). Also, Fox has been talking about developing a TV series based on X-Men. I think they have nothing to lose. I don't expect the X rights to go Marvel Studios anytime soon. Probably at year 2040.

They've already butchered the two biggest X-Men storylines, and made them shitty one movie affairs to boot. They mangled Wolverine Origins. Their are talks of a Gambit solo movie, but not much else, and I highly suspect that wouldn't do tremendously well, and you wouldn't see many more solo projects or spin-off's for awhile.

Disney/Marvel will get fed up eventually, and just buy X-Men back, as I've always said they would. They spent billions on Marvel and Lucasfilms already, I don't see them letting X-Men go that easily. I hear they're having troubles with Namor, because he is often billed as "Marvel's First Mutant". Can't let DC have Aquaman, and Marvel have....oceans.
    They don't have a chance with Fantastic Four, however. They don't have the good writers and directors of Marvel Studios, and the F4 themselves have not been really popular in a long long long time...

Fantastic Four has the potential to be amazing. A good Doctor Doom introduced into the Marvel Cinematic Universe would be epic. Hell, the MCU can't even acknowledge fucking Latvia existing yet. Galactus needs to be in their space stories. Skrulls need to be back in Marvel's hand's too, now that you have the Kree and GotG getting off the ground.

Shit will get a little crazier, closer to when DC starts releasing their shit. Marvel/Disney ain't losing that war. They could pay like 5 billion dollars to get back X-Men, and just let FF get back in their hands, and they'd make their investment back in no time with the re-release of X-Men merchandise, bringing back Wolverine, more X-Men comics, and then making proper X-Men movies and X-Men vs Avengers, and all that crazy nonsense.

I think this battle over rights is one of the most interesting things going on right now. It ain't getting solved any time soon, but It's going to be epic when it concludes. Fox has no chance in holding this shit for too long. I'd say before 2020 Marvel will have X-Men back.

Aside from maybe a Mr Sinister storyline, really, what does Fox have left to do with the X-Men that people will still give a shit about? It'd be nice if Fox ends their run with the X-Men with an M-Day movie, though.

SoVi3t wrote:
    Marvel gets money from Spider-Man products still. So when a Spider-Man movie comes out, Sony does all the work, some toy company makes the toy's, and Marvel just sits back and collects royalties. If/When/(already) Spider-Man bombs with Sony, they'll give up and it won't hurt Marvel too much, fans will go nuts that it's back in their hands, no harm no foul.

Same can't be said for X-Men and FF, for now.

When it comes to Spider-Man, Marvel has the TV rights and they been shilling that god awful Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon hard. I'll say this is their primary reason for not throwing Spidey under the bus.
    SoVi3t wrote:
    They've already butchered the two biggest X-Men storylines, and made them shitty one movie affairs to boot. They mangled Wolverine Origins. Their are talks of a Gambit solo movie, but not much else, and I highly suspect that wouldn't do tremendously well, and you wouldn't see many more solo projects or spin-off's for awhile.

Disney/Marvel will get fed up eventually, and just buy X-Men back, as I've always said they would. They spent billions on Marvel and Lucasfilms already, I don't see them letting X-Men go that easily. I hear they're having troubles with Namor, because he is often billed as "Marvel's First Mutant". Can't let DC have Aquaman, and Marvel have....oceans.

Fox announced plans on doing an X-Force movie. X-Men is an universe onto itself so Fox won't run dry on film concepts if they know where to look.
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Maggeg has got to be the weirdest nerd i've seen on this site.
    edited October 2014
    Disney/Marvel will get fed up eventually, and just buy X-Men back, as I've always said they would.
    Marvel/Disney ain't losing that war. They could pay like 5 billion dollars to get back X-Men, and just let FF get back in their hands, and they'd make their investment back in no time with the re-release of X-Men merchandise, bringing back Wolverine, more X-Men comics, and then making proper X-Men movies and X-Men vs Avengers, and all that crazy nonsense.
    Only if Fox is interested in sell... And that doesn't seem likely, like at all.
    I think this battle over rights is one of the most interesting things going on right now. It ain't getting solved any time soon, but It's going to be epic when it concludes. Fox has no chance in holding this shit for too long. I'd say before 2020 Marvel will have X-Men back.
    There's no "battle over rights". Basically, Fox is the one that has the rights, via their contract. And there's nothing Disney/Marvel can do about that.
    Fantastic Four has the potential to be amazing. A good Doctor Doom introduced into the Marvel Cinematic Universe would be epic. Hell, the MCU can't even acknowledge fucking Latvia existing yet. Galactus needs to be in their space stories. Skrulls need to be back in Marvel's hand's too, now that you have the Kree and GotG getting off the ground.
    Yeah, sadly Fox doesn't seem to be able to get it right.
  • bypostmanbypostman Joined: Posts: 2,207
    No Strings, No Avengers, Only Ultron

Didn't they all downplay them with Inhumanity? It felt like they replacing mutants with Inhumans.
    it totally falls in line with all the rumors i'm seeing regarding agents of shield. they are rumored to be introducing inhumans this season and skye being one of them. if true i expect them to somehow get rid of mutants..or turn them into inhumans in some way.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I kind of dislike the asymmetry between what we expected in after ending of the first Avengers (Thanos) and the sequel, but this still looks good. I guess another 3 years before we get to the ultimate threat to the universe makes some sense.

James Spader's tone is perfect for villainy.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • PterodactylPterodactyl drenched in sauce Joined: Posts: 7,227
    As much as I hate the idea of having Age of Ultron with a stable of characters this small, Ultron in that trailer made me Jizz a little bit.

That voice is golden, even as shit, perfect.
    spread'em
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,040

Actually the current and seemingly most likely theory...
    ... is that the "No More Mutants" thing they are advertising is them retconning Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch to no longer be mutants to match the upcoming movie explanation of their powers and distance the characters' X-men connection

Also to be fair on the bit with Wolverine, technically it was just his turn. They "killed" Peter Parker only about two years ago, "killed" Thor along with recently giving his name to a new chick like it was a title and not his first name, heck they killed Captain America twice in the last 2 decades (only one of which actually wasn't retconned immediately as a forget it ever happened moment) plus turned him old despite the successful movie.

While there is probably some politics involved with a lot of Marvel's recent moves with the F4 and X-Men line, it isn't like they haven't done similar stuff in the past without worrying about movies and such. Heck aside from F4 wrapping up, it isn't like there is going to be a shortage on X-Men comic books in the future.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,853
    I think Marvel's in my head. I always thought Bane's voice in The Dark Knight Rises was goofy, and having it be more chilling would've made the entire movie better. Ultron's voice was how I imagined Bane's voice should be. Exactly the same. Weird.
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,853
    Well, another "candidate" for a better voice was Gustavo Fring (from Breaking Bad), but I ultimately settled on Pre-Ultron Ultron for some reason.
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,850
    edited October 2014
    axeman61 wrote: »
    I think Marvel's in my head. I always thought Bane's voice in The Dark Knight Rises was goofy, and having it be more chilling would've made the entire movie better. Ultron's voice was how I imagined Bane's voice should be. Exactly the same. Weird.

His voice when he was mid fight with Batman was the best "Members of the league of shadows, and you betrayed us", "The shadows betray you, because they belong to me", and the part with Wayne in the Pit, he sounded so sinister.
    edited October 2014
    It isn't the fact that Wolverine died. Its how it was done. The character who is in the most books on a monthly basis gets the worst send off? Word? And out of the characters you listed, hes the one who actually got a legitimate death. Capt got shot by a magic bullet, Asgardians are always get reincarnated, and Peter Parker simply has his harddrive overridden. So yes its a little fishy that the guy with the most coverage on a monthly basis gets put on the shelved in this manner. And then you got Marvel making it even worse for their shrinking population of mutants. So it wouldn't surprise me if the number of X books shrunk just a little bit.

How did he die this time?

I kind of think the X-Men had potential to be great but continually got shittier and shittier since it's beginning. Wolverine was one of the few from that ilk that was consistently "good" overall.

I hope they trash it as a whole and use whatever resources and attention put into it to boost other things.
    spread'em
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,427
    I have to say, this only made me a bigger James Spader fan.

Right up there with Kevin Spacey.
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,342
    Shame they killed him off so shittily.

"You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
    DukeC wrote: »
    Right up there with Kevin Spacey.

Kevin Spacey is too good, I always want to see more of him but at the same time I don't want to see him everywhere.

Dude is platinum rank as far as actors go.

I wish I could think of a good Marvel villain that he'd be able to nail.
    spread'em
    How did he die this time?

same way Jubei killed off Lord Gemma in Ninja Scroll. Turn that fucker into a statue, using adamantium instead of gold.

edited October 2014
    Wow, that's kind of cliche, but most of the other options a writer in that situation would have taken would have been cliche as well.

I'd rather they'd pull an Omar and have him get killed by something that is super nothing and anti-climatic.

Like a heart attack, or a car accident.
    spread'em

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file