The Marvel Studios thread | X-Men and Fantastic Four WELCOME BACK!! CONFIRMED!!

Comments

• AllDayDreaminAllDayDreamin Joined: Posts: 32
    Haven't been as hyped for a movie as much as Infinity War in awhile!
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,626
    Woke up to watch this. Once again...

IT'S MAHVAL BAYBEE!

wow 12 million views since it dropped today!
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • odinodin holy bybel Joined: Posts: 15,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Always fun to watch DC stans on their YT channels when a new Marvel trailer drops.
    Like that one fat dude with the Wonder Woman hat.
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,856
    edited November 29
    What are they doing in particular? I would figure all of DC is on suicide watch right now. Do you have a video of this dude you speak of?
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,102
    Widow looks old as fuck with that new hair style/color.

Movie looks hype.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,793
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Who is that random ho?
    Oh yeah it's Scarjo
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,885
    Cool trailer
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    So in watching the trailer again. Does anyone else think that The Hulk is actually in the Hulkbuster?
    edited November 30
    A day later, this trailer STILL got me like:
    Why-Superman-Mouth-Weird-Justice-League.jpg
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
    edited November 30
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Optimus124 wrote: »
    So in watching the trailer again. Does anyone else think that The Hulk is actually in the Hulkbuster?

Don't know where this is coming from, when Hulk is right there in the last scene with all the heroes rushing forward.

Does anyone else replay the trailer just to watch Tony get laid the fuck out by Thanos?

Just a thought. Something about that landing just looks more like the Hulk touchdown. We do see the Hulkbuster in the open part of land not in the more forested area (which is where we see the Hulk). We also see Banner next to the armor's arm but no Stark. Not like he needs the armor, but having a green rage monster with repulsor blasts would be pretty awesome.

and yes, I have replayed that punch multiple time. It looks like he's just standing there waiting to eat that fist.
    Post edited by Optimus124 on
    I'm hoping things don't end on a cliffhanger with this movie. I just realized there's still an Avengers 4 that's going to pick up from this one.
    -Bill Burr.
    axeman61 wrote: »
    I'm hoping things don't end on a cliffhanger with this movie. I just realized there's still an Avengers 4 that's going to pick up from this one.

I'd be more surprised if it didn't.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,856
    Thanos already got the power stone. RIP Nova Corp.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    I noticed that too. It seems this movie will have its big setpieces and all, but is still mainly setting things up for Avengers 4. There's probably a fair amount of time allocated to set up the stuff we see in the trailer.
    -Bill Burr.
  • thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 663
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Does anyone else replay the trailer just to watch Tony get laid the fuck out by Thanos?

I did. It was beautiful.
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    MvC:I: Reality-Ultron/Chun, Time-Ultron/Chun, Time-Cap.Marvel/Ryu, ?-Venom/?
    DBZ: Trunks/Piccolo/Yamcha
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim
  • Sacr3DSacr3D Yummy Yummy Donuts! Joined: Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I dont get the last one...
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,237
    Sacr3D wrote: »
    I dont get the last one...

After he shrinks down from being GiAnt-Man, he says "Does anyone have any orange slices?"

• The DamnedThe Damned Hope: You can't believe in it Joined: Posts: 10,980 mod
    edited December 2
    (Haha. For a couple of seconds in the Infinity War trailer yesterday, I thought that Captain America was Deathurge given he was so wreathed in shadow.)

So...I finally watched Thor: Ragnarok today and while I can see where people were coming from with the "too comedic at times"* criticism, I mostly enjoyed it overall. A bit surprised that some people got killed off so surprisingly unceremoniously and find it a bit weird that this version of The Gamemaster appears to be relatively normal in terms of actual strength. Otherwise, the villains were better than average and it was nice to see a somewhat reasonable motive for once rather than "I am a villain because I want to do villainous things". Both Hela and Surtur were designed well and for The Hulk being entirely CGI, pretty much none of it was egregious unlike some other movies (and, admittedly, a bit of Hela's fighting).

Also thank Frigga that they excised the Romantic Plot Tumor that was Natalie Portman's "character". Unlike Pepper, I hope she doesn't reappear in any significant capacity.
    I also appreciated that Hela didn't join the club of comic book movie villains that get killed at the end of movies. I wouldn't be surprised if Fenris and even Surtur survived as well given the circumstances, though I doubt Surtur is showing back up any time soon if ever.

*The Doctor Strange part was the funniest part of the movie.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
  • RodimusRodimus You can win if you Dare! Joined: Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Infinity War set to take the box office hostage real talk cause that trailer....=lava!!
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,366
    Rodimus wrote: »
    Infinity War set to take the box office hostage real talk cause that trailer....=lava!!

It's already the most watched trailer of all time.

2018 gonna kick ass.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Sacr3DSacr3D Yummy Yummy Donuts! Joined: Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I mean yeah it's a good trailer but I found Thor 3 and Black Panther's trailers more hype... *ducks*
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,237
    Widow looks old as fuck with that new hair style/color.

Movie looks hype.

Widow has seen some shit :lol:
  • YMDSLTSACYMDSLTSAC Joined: Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2
    Cool trailer. Only complaints are Thanos; he looks and sounds waaayyyy too human. It's like they're trying to turn him into a heart throb or something. I didn't even know it was Thanos talking when I was watching the trailer for the first time.
    c2aefb32d6113627c236979836da5021.jpg

Nix the pupils and distort his features to make him look more...alien, for lack of a better term.

"Following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been."
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2
    sheeeeit, that trailer, goddamn...

...anyway, it reminds me once again of a certain nitpick I have with all live-action representations of superheroes/villains---the eyes while in costume. Spiderman and Batman in the heavy armor in BvS, along with Iron Man, Reverse Flash on CW... these 4 are good examples of why it looks 10x better when you go with solid white eyes on the costume [glowing red eyes in R. Flash's case] (like the characters are typically presented in comics and animation) instead of showing the actor's real eyes. Yeah, this little nitpick has annoyed me for years, since that's been the damn way they do things ever since live-action superhero stuff became a thing in movies and tv shows. It just looks so "incorrect" every damn time, man. If it's the type of costume with solid color eye-coverings in the comics and cartoons, then that's what I want to see in live action too. In the story, it also makes sense to be less recognizable that way. If someone knows you personally, and your eyes and the full bottom half of your face are left exposed in a mask...c'mon, bruh...they'll know that's you.

Spawn is another one... if I recall he had the solid light green eyes in the movie, which was the correct visual. Green Arrow might be an exception simply because I never gave a shit about that character in the first place.

*Black Widow - still just eye-candy and nothing more to me. What place does she even have against a truly godlike villain like this? Nig please...what is someone like that going to do? I hope Thanos laughs in that bitch's face. Widow, please do shoot some ordinary bullets at a cosmic-level bad-guy that also happens to have possession of infinity gems so we can all have a good laugh....same deal with Hawkeye. Maybe she and Hawkeye will be the ones to die, since they'd make for some easy (but unsurprising) sacrificial lambs here.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,856
    Where did the Agents of Shield thread go? fifth season premiered last night and I can't find the thread.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    I always said it:

Cap was right.

...so was Cyke.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
  • The DamnedThe Damned Hope: You can't believe in it Joined: Posts: 10,980 mod
    edited December 4
    (Gods, this thread still showing up as read is so damn annoying.)

Meh. Thanos's design in the trailer doesn't bother me as much as it apparently does some other people, though I can understand the crux of the complaints. Still, Thanos has always looked pretty humanoid for an alien, so the weirdest thing to me is his coloring and even that can be explained by the lighting and/or it perhaps being unfinished. The rest you can blame on them wanting Thanos to look more like his presumably human actor, Josh Brolin; it's just like how Hulk got remodeled in Ragnarok to look ever so slightly more like Mark Ruffalo, which I haven't seen anyone complain about yet.

Still, if that is unfinished Thanos, and I don't doubt that they will do some touch-ups, however minor, in light of him being the most complained about thing in an otherwise "hype" trailer, then he still looks leagues better than the CGI that was featured and somehow released in this movie's supposed competitor. I very rarely try to throw comparative shade at the DCEU for all of its failures, but damn did both Cyborg and Steppenwolf both look Marvel: Infinite levels of bad and remain so even in the final product. Current Thanos looks fine even without comparing him to those two and after comparing him to those two...well...if trailer Thanos is how he ends up looking during the whole movie, utterly unchanged, and that's the worst he ever looks, then I have most definitely seen (far) worse--we all have.

It is a bit weird to see him without his typical costume's headdress though.

Where did the Agents of Shield thread go? fifth season premiered last night and I can't find the thread.

I don't watch that show at all, so I have to ask this question: Did RockBogart start that thread, @Hawkingbird? If so, then that means it got obliterated when whoever it was went overboard and somehow decided that deleting like 30,000 posts all once was a good idea. If you can't find it, feel free to start a new one; I'll just merge the two later if the other one pops up later.
    Post edited by The Damned on
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,136 mod
    edited December 3
    I figured that, outside of the color (which, as stated, could be explained by lighting), most people are just complaining about his "casual" look.

In other news. Looks like Disney's once again in talks to buy Fox's assets.
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/report-disney-back-in-talks-to-buy-21st-century-fox-as-1820947490
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 3
    What do you guys mean by Avengers 4? Are you counting CW as A3? I thought that was more of Captain America 3 than A3, maybe it's just me. Or are you counting this one as A3 (infinity wars)?
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file