The Marvel Studios thread | X-Men and Fantastic Four WELCOME BACK!! CONFIRMED!!

Comments

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,874
    The Damned wrote: »

I don't watch that show at all, so I have to ask this question: Did RockBogart start that thread, @Hawkingbird? If so, then that means it got obliterated when whoever it was went overboard and somehow decided that deleting like 30,000 posts all once was a good idea. If you can't find it, feel free to start a new one; I'll just merge the two later if the other one pops up later.

I don't remember if Rock started it but he was a regular in the thread. I guess I'll start a new one
    locoghoul wrote: »
    What do you guys mean by Avengers 4? Are you counting CW as A3? I thought that was more of Captain America 3 than A3, maybe it's just me. Or are you counting this one as A3 (infinity wars)?

Infinity War was originally going to be a two part movie. The Russo eventually decided to make part two it's own movie because it was too different from part 1. Infinity War Part 2 is now Avengers 4.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭ Former OG

I don't watch that show at all, so I have to ask this question: Did RockBogart start that thread, @Hawkingbird? If so, then that means it got obliterated when whoever it was went overboard and somehow decided that deleting like 30,000 posts all once was a good idea. If you can't find it, feel free to start a new one; I'll just merge the two later if the other one pops up later.

I don't remember if Rock started it but he was a regular in the thread. I guess I'll start a new one
    locoghoul wrote: »
    What do you guys mean by Avengers 4? Are you counting CW as A3? I thought that was more of Captain America 3 than A3, maybe it's just me. Or are you counting this one as A3 (infinity wars)?

Infinity War was originally going to be a two part movie. The Russo eventually decided to make part two it's own movie because it was too different from part 1. Infinity War Part 2 is now Avengers 4.

So the whole Infinity War happens in Avengers 3 now, instead?

...that ish better give Return of the King's Director's Cut a run for its money (yes, pun).
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 4,010
    Azure wrote: »
    So the whole Infinity War happens in Avengers 3 now, instead?
    Not really. We all know the story will be the same, it's just a change in the title because marketing people realized movies with "Part 1" in their titles lead to a decline box office.

Purely a marketing decision in the title.
  • The DamnedThe Damned Hope: You can't believe in it Joined: Posts: 10,980 mod
    (How the hell did "more" become "mark" in that last post of mine? Fixed.)

Yeah, it's a smart decision on Marvel's part. Personally, I loathe the "Part 1" bullshit that the Harry Potter movies started and I can only imagine other people do too. I also can only imagine the benefit of the two movies seeming like separate ones rather than a straight continuation given how moronic the typical (American) moviegoer is perceived as (and, sadly, often actually is) even if they weren't actual separate movies, which they seem like now from the recent news. We get enough unnecessary decompression in the actual comics; no one should want another Peter Jackson's The Hobbit.

I do have to wonder, however, whether the movies no longer being officially two parts of each other pushes up or pushes back Captain America's probable death. I guess we'll see.

Go for it. Tell me if you find the other one so I can just merge it--no rush though.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
    And bad people say they've kept the title of Avengers 4 under wraps because they hope it might involve something related to properties Marvel doesn't have yet in their catalogue. Like Secret Wars, for example.
    It's kept under wraps because the title is apparently a spoiler for Infinity War.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Loki is so dead.
    edited December 5
    Man, the fangirl tears would be wonderful if that happened.

I figure at least Vision is (temporarily) dying. (Chris Evans as) Captain America probably dies too. I can't really see them killing off anyone else though, at least in the first movie save for maybe Iron Man, which would be a bit surprising. Despite getting his ass kicked by Thanos himself in the trailer, we all know Spider-Man isn't dying, so I could see Tony pulling a sacrifice play to get him away safely.
    Post edited by The Damned on
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    OMFG GOOD X-MEN SERIES ???? I'M SO IN
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
    edited December 6
    (How did I omit "ass" in that last post? Fixed now.)

As much as I would appreciate a good Fantastic Four series at this point even more than a good X-Men series, since the X-Men have at least had (coincidentally) at least four or so good movies and both Legion and The Gifted seem to be doing well enough, I will save any "hope" for after the news of the deal of this pseudo-monopoly going through.

Speaking of which, wouldn't Disney be disgustingly huge if this went through, even for capitalist dystopian America? I also now have to wonder if Disney taking over would affect FOX News in any way....

Anyone can die temporarily as long as there's Soul Gem.

*snip*

EDIT: So as of the battle on Earth, Thanos has Power and Space. Time, Mind and probably Soul are on Earth so it looks like Reality is being saved for last. Collector better hide.

Those are all fair guesses.

Also, I imagine it's pretty difficult to hide from someone who can use the Space Stone well/correctly.
    Post edited by The Damned on

- P. G. Wodehouse
    If Disney does purchase Fox I hope they keep the Gifted going as is. That show is too good to get cancelled.
    Disney acquiring Fox sounds great for X-Men and Fantastic 4. It sounds horrible for Deadpool though.
    (..."Fanatastic Four"? Really? Sigh...fixed.)

I don't really see why Disney acquiring FOX would change anything for Deadpool unless they somehow have a mandate in their company clause to never make R-rated (or NC-17) movies, which would be...stupid. Last I checked, both Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Thor: Ragnarok had a decent amount of cursing in them as well as relatively graphic violence. Granted, not an R-rated movie's worth of either I guess given that you have to make that PG-13 money nowadays, but the R-rated is mostly for sexuality anyway given America has skewed, hypocritical priorities like that.

Regardless, given they're unlikely to slap a prominent Disney label on anything they acquire from Fox that isn't a cartoon they make later with the rights (and then fuck over like with Earth's Mightiest Heroes), I doubt the acquisition would directly affect Deadpool in any way beyond giving Deadpool a couple of more jokes. I could be wrong, admittedly, but I would hope I'm not.

- P. G. Wodehouse
    If the Fox deal goes through, how would the X-Men and related properties be incorporated into the MCU? I was at first thinking Scarlet Witch could do a reverse No More Mutants but there are some important characters who would be ruined or pointless if they just recently discovered their mutant powers. Fantastic Four and related enemies could easily pop up but Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto and Apocalypse? I can't imagine any of those characters staying quiet during Infinity War.
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,297
    po pimpus wrote: »
    It's rumored that Disney is putting 60 BILLION on the table in the Fox deal.

TAKE THE GODDAMN MONEY, FOX.

...Does this not terrify anyone else by the way? I mean, X-Men and FF back home, woohoo, but...seriously, The Mouse terrifies me.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The concept of the Xenomorph queen being a disney Princess is almost as scary.

Im also curious for other R-rated stuff like Predator/Kingsman//Deadpool. Will they be done away with, be relegated to PG-13 fare,or left alone?
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
    edited December 7
    Doesn't Disney use Touchstone to release rated R films? Films like Predator and Alien can be distributed through them.
    Saitsu wrote: »

...Does this not terrify anyone else by the way? I mean, X-Men and FF back home, woohoo, but...seriously, The Mouse terrifies me.

Nah man buy Nintendo too.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,726 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Doesn't Disney use Touchstone to release rated R films? Films like Predator and Alien can be distributed through them.

wasnt it miramax
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    edited December 7

Yes. Hence my wondering aloud earlier, but this is America where corporations are people, so this isn't to say that I'm surprised or actually scared--just vaguely disgusted even if the outcome in this instance may be "good".

If the Fox deal goes through, how would the X-Men and related properties be incorporated into the MCU? I was at first thinking Scarlet Witch could do a reverse No More Mutants but there are some important characters who would be ruined or pointless if they just recently discovered their mutant powers. Fantastic Four and related enemies could easily pop up but Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto and Apocalypse? I can't imagine any of those characters staying quiet during Infinity War.

Meh. Apocalypse is like dead half of the time, so writing him out is easy. Wolverine is often aloof, so he's also not that difficult to a degree.

Explaining Xavier and Magneto's absences should they come in later is more difficult, however, even if the latter is increasingly "dated" in the sense that his origins are very heavily tied to The Holocaust, which naturally becomes further and further away as time marches on unlike all of the other super-powered origins you can more readily move up (or back) in time.

- P. G. Wodehouse
    edited December 7
    Wolverine is often aloof, so he's also not that difficult to a degree.

Only if there's no Weapon X program. Bonerine wandering the Canadian forests for a hundred years, doing nothing that would have popped up on SHIELD's radar.
    I think they could make the Infinity Stones to be the responsible of the X gene awakening in a lot of people on Earth at the same time.
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,800
    edited December 7

Yup. people think this is cool, till Netflix's catalog gets blasted.

I do wonder if this goes through, what will the MCU do since some of the heroes are starting to age out.
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,297
    Optimus124 wrote: »

Yup. people think this is cool, till Netflix's catalog gets blasted.

I do wonder if this goes through, what will the MCU do since some of the heroes are starting to age out.

*shrug* Especially since Jackman had said (at least a year or two back) that if the X-Men ended up in the MCU he'd immediately come out of retirement to play Wolvie again.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • 71M3BR34K3RR4D17Z71M3BR34K3RR4D17Z That One Guy Joined: Posts: 60

One word: Battleworld.

If Marvel Studios can incorporate the Secret Wars into a movie, they can pull in a established existing X-Men or Fantastic Four from another universe (in this case, Fox's X-Men franchise) and bring it under the MCU. It may be lazy, but it could work.
    If there is one thing Dan Hibiki taught me, it is that you can win by throwing autographs at people's faces.
    maxx wrote: »

wasnt it miramax

Them too until Disney sold them.

Personally, if Marvel gets the X-Men back I want them to be on TV.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,386
    All that lovely blackness...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 1,028
    edited December 9
    Fuck man, even the white people look black on that poster.
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "http://dontevenreply.com".
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,726 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    maxx wrote: »

wasnt it miramax

Them too until Disney sold them.

Personally, if Marvel gets the X-Men back I want them to be on TV.

something has been buggin me about disney owning miramax lately. if harvey weinsteins actions were so notorious they were in contract form..it makes me think possibly disney dropped them because of the potential lawsuits. obviously this fan theory but im curious how true or far from the truth that is.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    (*barely resists being overloaded by the deluge of oblivious irony*)

New Black Panther poster looks nice, though for the most part the MCU's posters have been pretty on point in general.

That said, I can't shake the feeling that something terrible will happen on Black Panther's opening weeking given 'Murica is 'Murica. I would hope to be wrong, but I guess we'll see in two months.

- P. G. Wodehouse
    *shrug* Especially since Jackman had said (at least a year or two back) that if the X-Men ended up in the MCU he'd immediately come out of retirement to play Wolvie again.
    No, he didn't.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/hugh-jackman-logan-wolverine-3-x-men-the-avengers-marvel-interview-a7598996.html

And he just said that ship has already sailed.
    https://www.inverse.com/article/39268-wolverine-hugh-jackman-disney-fox-x-men-avengers
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file