Transformers Movie Thread - 8 and counting. . . .

Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,642
edited October 2015 in General Discussion
IGN has confirmed that he's out. Along with one of the main TF fan sites following suit in the post.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/30/no-transformers-5-for-michael-bay-directing-benghazi-drama-instead

While Bay does have a certain visual style that works for these types of movies, I think that another director is great 4 movies in. This will be more akin to the soft reboot that the franchise needs IMO.

So, Optimus Prime may finally lose the flames. Let the thread begin!
Post edited by Optimus124 on
PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin

Comments

• Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm still suspicious. Didnt he say he was leaving after DOTM and then came back?
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,384
    I'm still suspicious. Didnt he say he was leaving after DOTM and then came back?

Yeah he said after Pain and Gain he was recharged to make another TF movie.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,956
    Series will remain shit unless Furman or somebody from IDW starts writing.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,809
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Series will remain shit unless Furman or somebody from IDW starts writing.
    I don't think the world is ready for Roberts to write stuff on the big screen
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    Just gimme G1 series bots, and setup Unicron by the third movie. Stop introducing new big bad's every fucking movie, please.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,642
    I hope Steve Jablonsky is still in the production. I like the music he composed for the movies. I really would be excited if they did a new writing team.
  • NickRocksNickRocks SATSUI NO SABU Joined: Posts: 22,516
    Wasted wrote: »
    .....staaahp.....stop raping the corpse of my childhood

stop holding your childhood in such high nostalgic regard. it sucked.

no bay means the movies will take themselves too seriously and not have the sick action and funny jokes and hot babes. im out too
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    edited December 2014
    http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/1114553/mark-wahlberg-committed-to-more-transformers-films.jhtml

So looks like Mark Wahlberg will be back for the next movie. To be honest, his role makes a lot more sense than Shia's. You have a scientist that at least understands their side of things. I wonder if this will lead up to the "-master" technology from G1.

Actors are nice, but it's the story and direction news that are moreso the case to make or break the movie (unless they bring his daughter or Irish Shia back into the mix).
  • hubcapsignstophubcapsignstop my structure is so dirty Joined: Posts: 1,443
    watched some G1 cartoons. Still dope.
    megaprops to toyrobotterror for avatar gullysh*t
    Not directly related to Transformers 5, however we may be getting a pre-quel cinematic film based on Cybertron

http://deadline.com/2015/05/transformers-ant-man-andrew-barrer-gabriel-ferrari-cybertron-1201433402/

Too bad the bot designs are going to have to be influenced by what has come previously.
    edited October 2015
    Transformers - THE DECADE!

Hasbro has now confirmed at least 4 movies in the next 10 years. That includes movies 5, 6, 7, and 8

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/619217-transformers-movies-for-the-next-10-years

I want to be excited, but with the way the Tranformers market is right now (figure-wise) and how some other movie decisions were made, it just sounds like a soul-less cash grab. I could be wrong, but there hasn't really been a great/ mindblowing Transformers movie yet (yes that includes the 1986 one). I watch them, and "enjoy" them, but I want something to have me shed man-tears once it is over. With the exception of the Beast Wars, so many stories in print media have blown the socks off of anything produced in animated G1 and/or the movie
    edited October 2015
    This... will not end well.

I am all about this saga, but this is ridiculous. I just hope that this next wave of movies have a beginning and end. I really hate that everything has become a franchise. Put some good stuff out and stop focusing on how to stretch a dollar for 25 years.

Transformers 1 came out in 2007. The last movie called for in this franchise will be 2025. A Person that was 7 when that movie came out will be 25 when this is done. The franchise itself will be 41 years old. I fear that anyone in their mid 20s- early 30s will be the last generation to understand what "nostalgia feels" actually are.
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,788
    Lol,

Not holding my breath for anything. I'm still dissapointed that transformer toys areent as clean as gundams.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
    edited October 2015
    pedoviejo wrote: »
    Lol,

Not holding my breath for anything. I'm still dissapointed that transformer toys areent as clean as gundams.

Check out some of the Masterpiece line. There are some gems within the line up. Yeah, they lack paint in some regards, but the engineering required to take a vehicle and change it into a robot with solid articulation is a pretty solid feat that is has over the Gunpla builds. Love the design or hate it, the Leader Class Optimus Prime mold from Revenge of the Fallen has to be the most detailed mainline transformer release we have ever gotten. APS-01 and APS-01U are the versions that show how truly awesome that figure is.

The only thing that could make this news really terrible is announcing that Bay is the director for them all. I really want to see someone new in the chair this time.
  • regulateregulate Bruv of bruvs Joined: Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Bay just got a guaranteed retirement check.
    Never forget:
    Boel wrote: »
    phantom angel the kinda guy that eats a roll of dental floss so that he can slowly come to a shuddering climax as he pulls it out his ass

• AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 982
    edited November 2015
    Optimus124 wrote: »

Hasbro has now confirmed at least 4 movies in the next 10 years. That includes movies 5, 6, 7, and 8

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/619217-transformers-movies-for-the-next-10-years

I want to be excited, but with the way the Tranformers market is right now (figure-wise) and how some other movie decisions were made, it just sounds like a soul-less cash grab. I could be wrong, but there hasn't really been a great/ mindblowing Transformers movie yet (yes that includes the 1986 one.....

*Abrupt record screech to a halt*

Did this muthafucka dare say that the 1986 animated Masterpeice that was the original Transformers movie, wasn't mind-blowing or great?!

There better be an explanation....

galvatron-coronation-starscream-this-is-bad-comedy-transformers-the-movie-1986.jpg?w=800
    Well, if we're being honest... Everything went downhill after Prime vs Megatron was over.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Well, if we're being honest... Everything went downhill after Prime vs Megatron was over.

Aside from Rodimus's character being neutered with an inferiority complex, and Galvatron never taking his meds, I thought Season 3 was pretty damn cool.
    I meant the movie itself.

Crazy Galvatron was awesome.
    edited November 2015

I want to be excited, but with the way the Tranformers market is right now (figure-wise) and how some other movie decisions were made, it just sounds like a soul-less cash grab. I could be wrong, but there hasn't really been a great/ mindblowing Transformers movie yet (yes that includes the 1986 one.....

*Abrupt record screech to a halt*

Did this muthafucka dare say that the 1986 animated Masterpeice that was the original Transformers movie, wasn't mind-blowing or great?!

There better be an explanation....

galvatron-coronation-starscream-this-is-bad-comedy-transformers-the-movie-1986.jpg?w=800

I am a G1 die hard, but lets be honest, after the Autobot City battle was over and the reformatting, it just lulls along. It wasn't bad, its just ok. @po pimpus and I are in agreement. Just got the chance to watch it at TFCon a few weeks back. Peel the nostalgia lens off and it becomes very clear. It's the first 1/2 hour and production value that makes it epic. Movie did some great things character wise, but in the end I find it fun for the moments it came with, not the sum of its parts.

. . . . . . . and yes, S3 Galvatron was the truth.

I haven't seen really much about the new movies outside of the writers talking about how "awesome" things will be. I wish Hasbro would take a page from Disney's book on how to do a franchise.
    So it's confirmed - Bay will direct Transformers 5

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/features/13-hours-can-michael-bay-pull-off-a-gritty-movie-about-benghazi-20160104?page=5

I just don't understand why. . . . . . If he returns to the "Bay" of The Rock era I'd be ok.
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Do not spend your money on this shit.

Please. I beg of you... Stop funding this crap.

I am actually to that point. This franchise no longer needs Bay. Let someone else take the wheel.
  • RodimusRodimus Im just 1 of the 5! Joined: Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Smh happy and sad at the same time lol oh well Ill be there
    Rodimus wrote: »
    Smh happy and sad at the same time lol oh well Ill be there
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

edited February 2016
    We now have dates . . . . .

http://collider.com/transformers-5-6-7-release-dates/?

At this interval, there is no way this could work.
    odin wrote: »
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

edited May 2016
    Official Title - Transformers: The Last Knight

http://screenrant.com/transformers-5-movie-teaser-video-last-knight/

That title looks like they created it in Word 97.
    Post edited by Optimus124 on
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

13221028_1226803840664883_2887927281484855951_n.jpg?oh=a7e073dbfbcffa2fd39627aa2bfad2e3&oe=57A73715
  • MechWarriorMechWarrior Joined: Posts: 5,714
    Purple eyes = Unicron's influence...?
    XBL: MechWarriorNY
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster FLY Joined: Posts: 8,602

I want to be excited, but with the way the Tranformers market is right now (figure-wise) and how some other movie decisions were made, it just sounds like a soul-less cash grab.

You say this like transformers wasn't meant to be a soulless cash crab right out of the gate. Almost every cartoon in the 80's were made for one reason. To sell toys.

Also +1 for the TF animated move not being that great after Hot Rod gets Optimus Murdered and Unsolved Mysteries can't cut it as a prime cause he's a bitch.

The sound track is the only thing that stays great throughout the movie.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

• MOB712MOB712 Joined: Posts: 1,222
    Purple eyes = Unicron's influence...?

Does it really matter???

You know they ain't gon do shit right :(

• chopperbyrnechopperbyrne Joined: Posts: 1,204
    It can't be worse than the last one. Is it still Bay at the helm?
    celticthrowdown.com
    PSN - Leto_II_of_Dune
  • MOB712MOB712 Joined: Posts: 1,222
    edited May 2016
    Yes..

Ppl were actually SLIGHTLY excited when it wasn't sure if Bay was gonna be back then he smashed through the TFs wall like the kool-aid man confirming he was coming back and ruining everyone's dream.
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,321

I thought people were lying, when they said the face of Optimus looks like a mechanical vagina....

Sometimes you need to let a franchise rest. Bring it back in another ten years or so.
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gravity wrote: »

I thought people were lying, when they said the face of Optimus looks like a mechanical vagina....

Sometimes you need to let a franchise rest. Bring it back in another ten years or so.

You would think that, but ..money

PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
    Gravity wrote: »

You would think that, but ..money

Bring Transformers into the MCU LOL.

I was crazy dissapointed whhen i heard Bay would be directing the 5th one. WTF.

Now, don't get me wrong, i'm not one of those bay-haters, and can appreciate the recognition he has brought to my beloved franchise that rightfully deserved it. However, after all the time, it's time for SOMEBODY ELSE to take the reigns.

We already seen Bay's directing style, how he makes his characters, the jokes, how he crafts his story, etc, etc. There will be NOTHING new whatsoever. Just more of the same, that we've already seen the past 10 years.

Enough already. Let someone else tackle Transformers. Bay's time has passed.
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    So Transformers is pulling a Marvel and about to launch a Hasbro Cinematic Universe which will include ROM Knight, G.I.Joe, Visionaries, Micronauts, and M.A.S.K.?

If Bay wasn't at the helm, I would lose my shit in a good way. Let me ping @Million just in case he might be interested.
    edited May 2016
    Some Decepticon, who is perhaps rumored to be
    TF5con.png
    MEGATRON

If true
    notsure-1.jpg?w=720

edited June 2016
    Official Casting announcement for Transformers: The Last Knight

Can't think of who he would portray. It'd be awesome if he is a character voice, but I doubt it. Only other person I think it could be is
    Dr. Arkeville