Transformers Movie Thread - 8 and counting. . . .

Comments

• MOB712MOB712 Joined: Posts: 1,243
    edited May 2016
    Yes..

Ppl were actually SLIGHTLY excited when it wasn't sure if Bay was gonna be back then he smashed through the TFs wall like the kool-aid man confirming he was coming back and ruining everyone's dream.
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,714
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,398
    Optimus124 wrote: »
    Official Title - Transformers: The Last Knight

http://screenrant.com/transformers-5-movie-teaser-video-last-knight/

That title looks like they created it in Word 97.

I thought people were lying, when they said the face of Optimus looks like a mechanical vagina....

Sometimes you need to let a franchise rest. Bring it back in another ten years or so.
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gravity wrote: »

I thought people were lying, when they said the face of Optimus looks like a mechanical vagina....

Sometimes you need to let a franchise rest. Bring it back in another ten years or so.

You would think that, but ..money

PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
    Gravity wrote: »

You would think that, but ..money

Bring Transformers into the MCU LOL.

• AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,061
    I was crazy dissapointed whhen i heard Bay would be directing the 5th one. WTF.

Now, don't get me wrong, i'm not one of those bay-haters, and can appreciate the recognition he has brought to my beloved franchise that rightfully deserved it. However, after all the time, it's time for SOMEBODY ELSE to take the reigns.

We already seen Bay's directing style, how he makes his characters, the jokes, how he crafts his story, etc, etc. There will be NOTHING new whatsoever. Just more of the same, that we've already seen the past 10 years.

Enough already. Let someone else tackle Transformers. Bay's time has passed.
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    So Transformers is pulling a Marvel and about to launch a Hasbro Cinematic Universe which will include ROM Knight, G.I.Joe, Visionaries, Micronauts, and M.A.S.K.?

If Bay wasn't at the helm, I would lose my shit in a good way. Let me ping @Million just in case he might be interested.
    edited May 2016
    Some Decepticon, who is perhaps rumored to be
    TF5con.png
    MEGATRON

If true
    notsure-1.jpg?w=720

edited June 2016
    Official Casting announcement for Transformers: The Last Knight

Can't think of who he would portray. It'd be awesome if he is a character voice, but I doubt it. Only other person I think it could be is
    Dr. Arkeville
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Some Decepticon, who is perhaps rumored to be
    TF5con.png
    MEGATRON

lol looks more like:
    hqdefault.jpg
    edited June 2016
    He's Back. The only robot who is truly a robot in disguise.
    Barricade
    Barricade+E75-006.jpg
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,696
    po pimpus wrote: »
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Do not spend your money on this shit.

Please. I beg of you... Stop funding this crap.

"Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i remember this one getting rekt by bumblebee in the first movie if i'm not mistaken. why would they bring it back?
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,697
    Watch it be strongarm. Needs more robo chicks anyway.
  • MechWarriorMechWarrior Joined: Posts: 5,718
    Barricade got wounded, not killed in the 2007 movie. Also, even though he did die in Dark of the Moon, Galvatron/Megatron making a point of looking for his body and doing to Barricade what was done to him would make sense, seeing as how Barricade was fanatically loyal to Megs. An evil overlord can never have enough true believers on their side.
    XBL: MechWarriorNY
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,697
    Barricade got wounded, not killed in the 2007 movie. Also, even though he did die in Dark of the Moon, Galvatron/Megatron making a point of looking for his body and doing to Barricade what was done to him would make sense, seeing as how Barricade was fanatically loyal to Megs. An evil overlord can never have enough true believers on their side.

Never underestimate loyalty. Thing can get you far.
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    meh. i would rather they brought in another character instead of recycling a previous character. that's just me though.
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
    edited June 2016
    I guess it's safe to say that this'll won't go well.
    Here is an image of the new character Squeaks

13511990_10153824014638095_4928029929562682190_n.jpg?oh=4ab30b2deab5f65ab68073972d2ad2ad&oe=58020BA4

Looks like a ridiculously out of touch attempt to create BB-8. Outside of Optimus Prime (minus the flames), who is the designer for these things? Only positive from this is it is a practical effect.
    Post edited by Optimus124 on
    Someone also went in and enhanced that image

13509107_616264758525822_3445505994072746372_n.jpg?oh=5a426eb98f35f9d834a1c7a06992073e&oe=5808C5FF

If that is, who they say it is. I can "kinda" get behind that.
    edited June 2016
    Someone also went in and enhanced that image

If that is, who they say it is. I can "kinda" get behind that.

I read somewhere that it was the new megatron. Honestly, at least they didn't disappoint. I'm used to megs looking like poop in these movies.
    Y'all some suckers.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2016
    I guess it's safe to say that this'll won't go well.
    Here is an image of the new character Squeaks

13511990_10153824014638095_4928029929562682190_n.jpg?oh=4ab30b2deab5f65ab68073972d2ad2ad&oe=58020BA4

Looks like a ridiculously out of touch attempt to create BB-8. Outside of Optimus Prime (minus the flames), who is the designer for these things? Only positive from this is it is a practical effect.

Looks like Michael Bay is doing a modern adaptation of the great Transformers G1 episode titled "The Girl Who Loved Powerglide."

I hope he introduces breakdancing Transformers in another movie dubbed Energon Boogaloo.

Edit:

Don't forget about other great G1 episodes like The Golden Lagoon, A Decepticon Raider in King Arthur's Court, and Carnage in C-Minor.
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Megatron mouth looks like a vagina.
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
    I hope it's just a battle mask similar to Prime. Otherwise, yeah, that's pretty accurate.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,400 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2016

Yo...........does this also confirm Combaticons/Bruticus?
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • MechWarriorMechWarrior Joined: Posts: 5,718
    As far as inconspicuous altmodes go, that actually is a pretty good disguise for the leader of what amounts to the Decepticon Special Ops team.
    XBL: MechWarriorNY

Not exactly. Brawl was in the 07 movie.
    edited July 2016

It's M.Bay. You know Bruticus is going to have truck balls swinging, or something else lame that undermines his presence.

Not exactly. Brawl was in the 07 movie.

Something tells me that they don't care that much about their own continuity.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,007
    Death means nothing to a Transformer.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,400 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

First poster for the Last Knight..............
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
    Cool poster.

Movie still gonna be shit.
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 4,086
    michael bay part is classic
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848

instead of getting this fucking shit, high moon studios should have made a G1 continuation game leading up to Unicron. Instead we get cancer that's going to kill the transformers more
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
    edited August 2016
    Not only do things have to be good, they have to make money. There have been 3 really solid entries into TF Gaming (one practically is the G1 game we didn't know that we wanted). Critical successes, but won't be continuing sadly. I hope this movie pulls a Fast and Furious and gets a solid entry. However, with Bay at the helm and not reigned in, I doubt it will change. Its sad because he has the capability to be a good director, but goes backwards when he should have gone right.
    edited August 2016
    Not only do things have to be good, they have to make money. There have been 3 really solid entries into TF Gaming (one practically is the G1 game we didn't know that we wanted). Critical successes, but won't be continuing sadly. I hope this movie pulls a Fast and Furious and gets a solid entry. However, with Bay at the helm and not reigned in, I doubt it will change. Its sad because he has the capability to be a good director, but goes backwards when he should have gone right.

So sad that Bay is doing a 5th one. Why? Because we've already long-since experienced his Vision of the TFers, as well as been exposed to more than enough of his characters and overall movie-making style. There's really nothing left to anticipate. It's just going to be remix of the same crap.

Same bay'isms, same bay characters, same CGI 'splosions, you can count on the movie runtime to be long as f**k, U.S military fetish that no one else seems to appreciate but Bay, select female characters who are only there to look hot and get in the way (yet manage to make the save for our heroes at one crucial point), that (1) over-the-top human character they try to write as larger than life but only comes off as obnoxious and makes the audience facepalm, a trigger happy Optimus Prime that borders on homicidal but somehow manages to retain juuuuuust enough of his composure & morality to not go full-blown Decepticon on us in each movie, a nigh-mentally challenged bumblebee that never seems to get his voicebox fixed, etc.

The movie hasn't even done filming and i feel like I've already SEEN it....4 years ago....Yeesh.

It's long-overdue to give someone else a shot with this series.
    and we welcome . . . . .Hot Rod

13920669_1116775651691214_2727345177915840740_n.jpg?oh=76087a86ce3ec13ba45b6634cbc357ed&oe=581A1F21

The one character that has a flames as a part of a deco and it's basically non-existent. You had one job Bay. . . . . one! Hot Rod looks pretty generic IMO.
    @Rodimus is going to find Bay and kill him.
    edited August 2016
    po pimpus wrote: »
    @Rodimus is going to find Bay and kill him.

The more I see that design, the greater it pisses me off. I mean, the character speaks to the Bay awesomeness hard on. The name alone is what you would think a Michael Bay character would be. This thing basically looks like a bad representation of G2 Sideswipe. Most of the other character design interpretations (sans for Prime flames) I didn't really mind. For a character named Hot Rod, this looks rather tepid.