Transformers Movie Thread - 8 and counting. . . .

Comments

• XvideosXvideos Xvideos Joined: Posts: 3,105
    edited August 2016
    I am guessing Galvatron is just a corporate designation for him, but he still identifies himself Megatron so he will use that name in 5

But in the 4th movie, when he activates himself to take the seed, he clearly called himself Galvatron
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNdeD2brB3A

So I guess maybe the Megatron in 5 is a rebuilt Megatron, and not Galvatron. Maybe his core somehow survived Optimus's axe to the chest back in 3, or his head in 4 was recovered by other Decepticons, and then the core/head was used to create a brand new Megatron, so now Galvatron and Megatron are both active at the same time. That would be cool.
    ---

I never quite get how death works in Transformers in the movies (I didn't even get how it works back in G1 either).

It seems a transformer's core is its spark, and if you destroy it, you kill the transformer for good, and only allspark and the matrix can truly revive a completely dead transformer.

So how did Galvatron work? Is a spark even necessary to make a transformer tick? In 4, Megatron's internal parasites hacked the computer to transfer his personality/memory stuff into Galvatron, and he became active without a spark. If a being like Galvatron could have free will without a spark/core, isn't it better to build all the transformers like him?

Can Galvatron even die? It seems he could simply turn his body into shard and rebuild himself to recover from any damage done to him, just like the Terminator in the Terminator reboot movie. This manmade bootleg Megatron seems so much more efficient than the traditional transformers.
    Post edited by Xvideos on
  • MechWarriorMechWarrior Joined: Posts: 5,714
    The Vehicons in 4 were able to be killed in much the same way as normal Cybertronians do. Being able to become a nanobot swarm =/= being able to shrug off damage.
    XBL: MechWarriorNY
    I am guessing there must be a central control unit to decide how the nano swarm can transform, and regular transformers were able somehow destroy the control units in the final battle and disable them.

But Galvatron was able to shrug off Optimus sword right in the chest though, maybe he was built differently from the minions?
    He already had a hole there, remember?
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,644
    I just hope they get rid of that Transformium BS. Transformers don't swarm . . . they transform!
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 983
    Xvideos wrote: »
    I am guessing Galvatron is just a corporate designation for him, but he still identifies himself Megatron so he will use that name in 5

But in the 4th movie, when he activates himself to take the seed, he clearly called himself Galvatron
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNdeD2brB3A

So I guess maybe the Megatron in 5 is a rebuilt Megatron, and not Galvatron. Maybe his core somehow survived Optimus's axe to the chest back in 3, or his head in 4 was recovered by other Decepticons, and then the core/head was used to create a brand new Megatron, so now Galvatron and Megatron are both active at the same time. That would be cool.
    ---

I never quite get how death works in Transformers in the movies (I didn't even get how it works back in G1 either).

It seems a transformer's core is its spark, and if you destroy it, you kill the transformer for good, and only allspark and the matrix can truly revive a completely dead transformer.

So how did Galvatron work? Is a spark even necessary to make a transformer tick? In 4, Megatron's internal parasites hacked the computer to transfer his personality/memory stuff into Galvatron, and he became active without a spark. If a being like Galvatron could have free will without a spark/core, isn't it better to build all the transformers like him?

Can Galvatron even die? It seems he could simply turn his body into shard and rebuild himself to recover from any damage done to him, just like the Terminator in the Terminator reboot movie. This manmade bootleg Megatron seems so much more efficient than the traditional transformers.

^^ Trying to make sense of the Bayformer garbage. The movies do whatever they want, when they want too.
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,043
    I want Transformers to look like blocks like in the G1 animation days. Blocks are so fucking cool.
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • RodimusRodimus Im just 1 of the 5! Joined: Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 2016
    Optimus124 wrote: »
    and we welcome . . . . .Hot Rod

13920669_1116775651691214_2727345177915840740_n.jpg?oh=76087a86ce3ec13ba45b6634cbc357ed&oe=581A1F21

The one character that has a flames as a part of a deco and it's basically non-existent. You had one job Bay. . . . . one! Hot Rod looks pretty generic IMO.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    @Rodimus is going to find Bay and kill him.

WHAT IN THE BLUE FUK IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See its my fault i always harass Michael Bay and tell him that I can voice hot rod/rodimus prime and this is the thanks I get. Ive messaged his people time after time. Now he has the nerve to try to sale hot rod of all people like bumble bee? his bro in arms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All fucking autobots are bros in arms.

Dont mind me ill be on suicide watch. do we even know what car hot rod is??? you know what i dont even give a fuck!! HE better become Rodimus Prime, sorry Po you are right imma have to leave Bay alone. Until i get another bad boys i think im done.

but of course my dumb ass will be in the IMAX SMDH
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 23,971
    This... will not end well.
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Do not spend your money on this shit.

Please. I beg of you... Stop funding this crap.

"Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Why are you still posting in this thread if you don't like it?
    SWBeta wrote: »
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Why are you still posting in this thread if you don't like it?

Because I retain the faint hope that people will reject Bay's shitty movies, like I that one day you will return to that horrible Planet of the Apes...

..Wait a minute... Statue of Liberty...

THAT WAS OUR PLANET!

YOU BLEW IT UP! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!

250px-Deep_Space_Homer-Press_Conference.png
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    edited August 2016
    Because I retain the faint hope that people will reject Bay's shitty movies, like I that one day you will return to that horrible Planet of the Apes...

Playing devil's advocate. In the end, I will say Bayformers has done more GOOD for the franchise than bad. Prior to bayformers, Transformers was just a toyline. One that was hugely successful and memorable for its time but, still "just" some 80's toyline.

The huge box office success of Bayformers solidified the franchise and made the brand truly legit. Getting the series, along with great voice actors like Peter Cullen, the mainstream recognition we always knew they rightfully deserved.

Oh, and no matter how outlandish the movies get, at LEAST Cullen has always been the voice of Prime!! That alone makes the movies watchable to an extent, just to hear G1 Prime's voice.

Wil wrote: »
    I want Transformers to look like blocks like in the G1 animation days. Blocks are so fucking cool.

^^ What's wrong with them looking like actual ROBOTS?

Most bayformers look like humanoid chunks of scrap-metal.
  • MOB712MOB712 Joined: Posts: 1,222
    Playing devil's advocate. In the end, I will say Bayformers has done more GOOD for the franchise than bad. Prior to bayformers, Transformers was just a toyline. One that was hugely successful and memorable for its time but, still "just" some 80's toyline.

The huge box office success of Bayformers solidified the franchise and made the brand truly legit. Getting the series, along with great voice actors like Peter Cullen, the mainstream recognition we always knew they rightfully deserved.

Oh, and no matter how outlandish the movies get, at LEAST Cullen has always been the voice of Prime!! That alone makes the movies watchable to an extent, just to hear G1 Prime's voice.

This would have happened without Bay directing these movies. You could replace "Bay" with "Del Toro" in that statement and it would be 100% applicable still if that was the case.

Its fucking Transformers; it ain't hard

Getting the quintessential dude-bro director for these movies has done nothing memorable for this series but make them unbelievably predictable.
  • infrequent lurkerinfrequent lurker I'm not here Joined: Posts: 1,513
    This movie series is a license to print money so why is Bay the only director who wants to do it? Or does Spieldberg (sp) like him that much?

edited December 2016
    MOB712 wrote: »
    This would have happened without Bay directing these movies. You could replace "Bay" with "Del Toro" in that statement and it would be 100% applicable still if that was the case.

Getting the quintessential dude-bro director for these movies has done nothing memorable for this series but make them unbelievably predictable.

If they were available perhaps but, at the time, Bay was the only person with the experience filming over-the-top SFX action movies, who was willing to pick to pick up the gauntlet.

Remember pacific Rim has only happened recently. Del Toro was no where to be found back in 2007. Certainly not up to the task.

MOB712 wrote: »
    Its fucking Transformers; it ain't hard

You seem to have forgotten, or were just completely unaware, of how hard it was to get the first live-action movie made. They were trying for YEARS prior to the first bayflick. No studio wanted to invest in it.

Back then Transformers was just a "silly 80's toyline".
    They are about to be 5 movies deep. I would like for this franchise to pull off a Fast and Furious move. Know what you are, and just deliver that effectively.

They keep emphasizing this writer's room and a story driven cinematic universe. You guys are 10 years late LOL.
    edited December 2016
    Every time this thread gets bumped...
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

. . . . . but they said it's Bay's last one :rolleyes:

There was one thing that piqued my curiosity, but I wonder what mcguffin will be used this time.

Right now that one thing that is the talk of the trailer has the 86 movie written all over it.

Murder Prime is real LOL
    edited December 2016
    Postapocalyptic world with transformers in it?
    I was really hoping that was Nemesis Prime.
    Xvideos wrote: »
    Postapocalyptic world with transformers in it?
    I was really hoping that was Nemesis Prime.

I am speculating a time travel reboot scenario with Unicron-esque robot takeovers.
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hasnt anyone made the 80's movie with just updated effects? would like to see what that would be like.
  • chopperbyrnechopperbyrne Joined: Posts: 1,205
    Nope.

I gave them one more chance with Age of Extinction, but just like Fox with Fantastic Four movies, they won't be getting my money on this one.
    celticthrowdown.com
    PSN - Leto_II_of_Dune
    edited December 2016
    G1 Lore this will probably call back to -

Attack of the Autobots
    A Decepticon Raider in King Arthur's Court
    TFTM: 86
    Dark Awakening
    The Return of Optimus Prime

Speculation - They are going to wipe out the first 4 movies with a Days of Future Past treatment in here somewhere. That's the reason why some of these characters have returned.

Post edited by Optimus124 on
    Finally watched the shitty trailer...

So instead of directly addressing peoples' complaints about Prime being too brutal, they're just going to make him a Unicron slave?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

edited December 2016
    Swap out Megatron for Prime and there you go.

I think some aspects of Transformers Prime will be in here as well (Unicron embedded within the planet).

Akiva Goldsman has some pretty solid credits his catalog. His more recent outings aren't too well received.

The other writers don't have a lot of credit. Art Marcum and Matt Holloway have Iron Man under their belt. That duo also comes with Punisher War Zone. Ken Nolan's only other credit is Black Hawk Down.

edited December 2016
    Blocky Transformers and corny G1 storylines pls.

I prefer a darker storyline like in the Beasts Wars series.
    edited December 2016
    They are about to be 5 movies deep. I would like for this franchise to pull off a Fast and Furious move. Know what you are, and just deliver that effectively.

They keep emphasizing this writer's room and a story driven cinematic universe. You guys are 10 years late LOL.

They seriously need to hand this series over to somebody else. We've already long experienced Bay's vision of Transformers and how he does things.

The movie is not even out yet and i feel like i've already seen it.

Blocky Transformers and corny G1 storylines pls.

I prefer a darker storyline like in the Beasts Wars series.

Blocky? God forbid we want our Transformers to look like actual Robots. And while the G1 cartoon stories may have been corney, they more than made up for it with great voice-acting, action, and the cool designs and iconic personalities of it's characters.

Also after all this time, the G1 cartoon show has a similar feel to that of the 1960's Star Trek and other retro sci-fi series. We know it's silly today but, it has a certain charm that is undeniable.

As for Beast Wars, while i quite like animal-altmode Transformers, a series with ONLY animals was too extreme. G1 had it just right with a nice mix of beasts and vehicles. The variety was just so much better.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,594
    actual Robots.

The transforming Citroen looks more like an "actual robot" than a Bayformer.

I want them to look like Transformers, not mechanical Covenant rejects from Halo.

SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    edited December 2016
    Bay needs to jettison away from this. However, I am more interested in the story than his direction. Hasbro knows what they need, but want to guarantee the return on investment. Every movie has been his last movie.

With the appearance, they look like robots, just not the one's you are used to for this franchise.

That's the thing with the most recent Optimus Prime design. I think it looks great. The problem is seeing reference points from mode A to Mode B are virtually non existent. Prime, Crosshairs, Hound, and Drift are all more "streamlined" in appearance. I think that was done for 2 reasons.

1. Response to the more jarring design aesthetic making shots not look less like a junkyard brawl.
    2. Gives permission to "cheat" when making the toy versions of these characters.

Personally, the right mix between a more realistic humanoid physiology and G1 was during the Don Figueroa days of the IDW series.
    The general looks of Cybertronians in AoE and now this new film are less complex/"gritty" and more in line with the art style of the Aligned continuity. ...It's still recognizably the Movie-verse, though.
    edited December 2016
    Official Movie Poster
    31622595395_97e9250774_o.jpg

That Prime is an impressive design, and looks good on a shelf. However, what does it turn into again LOL?
    There's no way he's not under Unicron's(who else could be showing up?) control against his will.
    Purple eyes are a dead giveaway.
    celticthrowdown.com
    PSN - Leto_II_of_Dune
    I'm not a bay hater but, after 4 fully Bay-Visioned Transformers movies? The writing is on the wall. There's nothing in this new flick that will surprise us. Just more of the same.

If there was ever a franchise in dire need of a reboot, THIS is it.
    edited December 2016
    I'm not a bay hater but, after 4 fully Bay-Visioned Transformers movies? The writing is on the wall. There's nothing in this new flick that will surprise us. Just more of the same.

If there was ever a franchise in dire need of a reboot, THIS is it.

Too bad AoE was their attempt. The franchise is in dire need of a new vision. Even though the writers have some decent accomplishments, I can only be cautiously optimistic because of Bay. Look at Star Wars. IMO the best films are the ones he did not direct. That new perspective will give new life to the franchise.
    They need a complete reboot and start with a War for Cybertron style story.

No humans, just robots.
    celticthrowdown.com
    PSN - Leto_II_of_Dune
    edited December 2016
    Let's hate on the director.

No need to hate on the people who worked on the story and screenplay.

:coffee:

It's the director that brings the movie to life and is responsible for putting everything together. Regardless of what the script says, the end result is still his vision.

edited December 2016

I would agree with this too. I don't fault Bay (totally) for the 2nd movie's lack of a plot. The studio saw dollars and a deadline and made the conscious decision to move the movie forward with a writing staff. The 4th movie is a complete failure from an editing standpoint. 2h 45 minutes is insane.

I agree with @AlphaCharlie though. It's the director's execution of a vision that is what we see on screen. That's why he get 95.23897% of the criticism.

No humans, just robots.

I would love to see that, but not necessarily in this fashion. The allure of the live action movies is that they are embedded with the things we see on a daily basis. Making a War / Fall of Cybertron movie would just be like the DC animated stuff. While awesome, it would appeal to a much smaller demographic.

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,661 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

No humans, just robots.

unless the script is fucking god tier amazing...you aignt makin no fuckin money without a human star attached.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    edited December 2016
    I never liked movie Optimus' head designs. It always looks like he has sad panda eyes. I always thought the maskless mouth was the problem, but it wasn't. It was the eyes all along.
    Bay's letter to fans. It may possibly be his last . . . . . .
    http://www.michaelbay.com/2017/02/02/only-one-world-will-survive-theirs-or-ours/

until the money truck pulls up again.

New spot airs tomorrow at 9 AM with the Super Bowl spot airing during 2nd quarter.
    http://www.michaelbay.com/2017/02/02/only-one-world-will-survive-theirs-or-ours/

New spot airs tomorrow at 9 AM with the Super Bowl spot airing during 2nd quarter.

Oh fuck this guy.

Why do you all continue to support this trash?
    edited February 3

Oh fuck this guy.

Why do you all continue to support this trash?

Only reasons I can offer are 'member berries and trainwrecks. To be honest, I don't think the franchise would be where it is today (in terms of relevance) if these movies weren't made.

Same also applies to Michael Bay (for better or worse)

edited March 16
    A second trailer was released today. It confirms a member of the human cast is coming back this round.

Did I just see goddamned TIE Fighters?

FUCK MICHAEL BAY

FUCK TYREESE

FUCK MARKY MARK
    edited March 17
    Did I just see goddamned TIE Fighters?

FUCK MICHAEL BAY

FUCK TYREESE

FUCK MARKY MARK

LOL, when I saw the fleet of TIE Advanced I felt that they are pushing it too far with borrowing from Star Wars. They got that Vespa bot (Sqeeks) in it as the obligatory cute character bot (BB-8). I am waiting for Anthony Hopkins to say - Prime was seduced by the dark side of his spark.

They need another cut of that trailer. That was the worst thing that they could have put out. I hope that is literally for Beauty and the Beast
  • LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The fuck was that feminist SJW BS trailer? The fuck do I care what some random girl's issues are in a goddamn TRANSFORMERS movie??? And why is Marky Mark talking down to Grimlock like a pup?

Wow, this trailer actually riled me up. And that's saying a lot for a Michael Bay movie.
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack