Blizzard Overwatch

HyperGearHyperGear Joined: Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
edited July 2016 in General Discussion
Bnet Tags

PC
dialupslim#1735
Good#12614 (Neesa)
DevinLee#1958
GodTierScrub#1770
DarkOrchid#1310
itzpookiie#1960
TheGlow#1641
MinervaSC #1837
Zoolander#11948 (orochizoolander)
Sake#1268
twigster#11712

Unknown
Chachi#1768 (Chachi)
Kowtow#1519 (Kowtow)
BshidoHEAT#1113 (BshidoHeat)
Xcess #1870
Seabasstian#11489
SixMachine#1693
Starwinder#11922
Post edited by HyperGear on
«134567229

Comments

  • mowrmowr VROOM VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,570
    Ehhhhh...?
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=RQ68z3v1Ls0

    PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • traxustraxus Joined: Posts: 319
    I guess this is what's left of their 'titan' project.
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,082
    Cinematic trailer:

    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • NegaduckNegaduck Is so S-Rank Joined: Posts: 5,189
    This game looks amazing. That hammer dude tho.
    Roll one up homie.
    My artblog - http://negaduckduckgoose.blogspot.com/
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm in line to play it now

    e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Very fast paced, I played hammer guy, double gun guy, and transformer turret. I want to play more!

    e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Also it didn't really channel tf2, more so Monday night combat

    e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • NeesaNeesa Melt in your mouth kind of lovin'. Joined: Posts: 7,113
    It looked so awesome to play. Oh man, I'm so excited to play this. Medic class 4 lyfe.
    "At the very least, Ana means that that one guy who runs Widowmaker and only Widowmaker can now play support." - d3v
    3DS FC: 0559-8183-6908
  • mowrmowr VROOM VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,570
    edited November 2014
    Is this really what we need more of though? Pardon me for finding it difficult to get overly enthused about a team based moba style fps futuristic cartoony mishmash. :/

    Why is Blizzard trying to be the Pixar of games.
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=RQ68z3v1Ls0

    PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • OerbaOerba Just a joke! Joined: Posts: 1,373
    Hammer dude looks amazing. Same with the robot. I want this T_T
  • NeesaNeesa Melt in your mouth kind of lovin'. Joined: Posts: 7,113
    mowr wrote: »
    Is this really what we need more of though? Pardon me for finding it difficult to get overly enthused about a team based moba style fps futuristic cartoony mishmash. :/

    Why is Blizzard trying to be the Pixar of games.

    ...Really? Why do we really need more of any games? I have no problem with have similar games if it takes different things from stuff I like and mash it into one game. Why can't companies just make fun games and people enjoy it? Blizzard hasn't made a "new" IP in years. I for one welcome a new sorta of TF2-esque/MNC game. They're fun co-op game.
    "At the very least, Ana means that that one guy who runs Widowmaker and only Widowmaker can now play support." - d3v
    3DS FC: 0559-8183-6908
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,631
    edited November 2014
    Holy shit I've never heard of this game before, but that OP trailer was incredible could be one of the best FPS's ever, that is exactly what I've always wanted in an FPS classic fast paced gun play mixed with crazy whacky powers!

    I think we can all agree that trailer made Reinhardt look wayyy more powerful than anyone else dude straight up channeled juggernaut tanking and killing everyone with ease makign everyone else's abilities look weak in comparison.

    Reaper dude and Buddha dude look fun.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • NeesaNeesa Melt in your mouth kind of lovin'. Joined: Posts: 7,113
    Yeah, I'll definitely will be playing Mercy and Symmetra. Maybe Tracer, but, I tend to always play Support classes.
    "At the very least, Ana means that that one guy who runs Widowmaker and only Widowmaker can now play support." - d3v
    3DS FC: 0559-8183-6908
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,693
    It looks fun and I'm liking the extra mobility. Fuck F2P though...
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,809
    mowr wrote: »
    Why is Blizzard trying to be the Pixar of games.
    Being the Pixar of games is pretttttttty good thing.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • owattjacobowattjacob Joined: Posts: 3,304
    Also cartoony visuals has always been Blizzard's thing, this is them playing to their strengths.
  • mowrmowr VROOM VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,570
    edited November 2014
    Cartoony but not Pixar cartoony. I really hate their recent look. WC, WC2, WC3, Lost Vikings etc were all cartoony but they were like comic book cartoony, not Pixar Toy Story Kung Fu Panda Shrek cartoony. I dunno I just don't like it.
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=RQ68z3v1Ls0

    PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • owattjacobowattjacob Joined: Posts: 3,304
    edited November 2014
    mowr wrote: »
    Cartoony but not Pixar cartoony. I really hate their recent look. WC, WC2, WC3, Lost Vikings etc were all cartoony but they were like comic book cartoony, not Pixar Toy Story Kung Fu Panda Shrek cartoony. I dunno I just don't like it.

    They intentionally went that route to appeal to the current generation that grew up on a billion movies with those kind of visuals. Hell the cinematics looks like a pixar movie straight out. Marketing wise it's a brilliant idea and I can respect it.



    Now as for the f2p model, so far they've been good at it. Hearthstone had one of the better f2p models. Not Dota 2 tier, but you could stay free to play just fine and take your time building your collection, on top of having plenty of viable budget options *budget as in using very little ingame resources* for competing. So for a card game, which are INHERENTLY p2w by design, it worked pretty well.

    Unfortunately the last expansion for that game did kinda tug at your wallet and the meta for the most part DID revolve around some of the cards so yeah.


    Not a fan of the moba genre so didn't exactly went out of my way to try Heroes of the Storm. So i can't exactly say much on their f2p model there.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Oink oink Joined: Posts: 23,341 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • SonicabidSonicabid This is Jean he roundhouse kicks it Joined: Posts: 12,079
    People who don't play FPS games getting hype for this game just because Blizzard's name is on the box is hilarious.

    How many FPS games Blizzard has made:
    Zero.

    How many good games Blizzard has put out since World of Warcraft:
    Zero.

    Game's going to be ass but everyone will play it because of the Blizzard name. ;)
  • BlindknaggBlindknagg There's the truth of time and the truth of legend. Joined: Posts: 3,827
    Hearthstone and diablo after the expansion is good :coffee:
    (> ̄▽ ̄)> nigga this
    nigga that
    <( ̄▽ ̄<)
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,693
    edited November 2014
    owattjacob wrote: »
    Now as for the f2p model, so far they've been good at it. Hearthstone had one of the better f2p models. Not Dota 2 tier, but you could stay free to play just fine and take your time building your collection, on top of having plenty of viable budget options *budget as in using very little ingame resources* for competing. So for a card game, which are INHERENTLY p2w by design, it worked pretty well.

    Anything that's not Dota2 tier is shit tier. The fact that there's more shit and less shit doesn't change that it's shit. Give me an option to pay 60$ and unlock everything like a normal videogame. Card games are not inherently p2w by design, only by history.
    Sonicabid wrote: »
    People who don't play FPS games getting hype for this game just because Blizzard's name is on the box is hilarious.

    How many FPS games Blizzard has made:
    Zero.

    Are you implying that Activision-Blizzard is too poor to hire people who know their shit?
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • ProfProf Fresh Joined: Posts: 2,029
    Looks fun to me. Signed up.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,724
    edited November 2014
    Pretty cool looking game. It might be familiar, but if it's Blizzard, I have high hopes.

    Also, I'll be fapping to Widowmaker.
  • SonicabidSonicabid This is Jean he roundhouse kicks it Joined: Posts: 12,079
    tataki wrote: »
    owattjacob wrote: »
    Now as for the f2p model, so far they've been good at it. Hearthstone had one of the better f2p models. Not Dota 2 tier, but you could stay free to play just fine and take your time building your collection, on top of having plenty of viable budget options *budget as in using very little ingame resources* for competing. So for a card game, which are INHERENTLY p2w by design, it worked pretty well.

    Anything that's not Dota2 tier is shit tier. The fact that there's more shit and less shit doesn't change that it's shit. Give me an option to pay 60$ and unlock everything like a normal videogame. Card games are not inherently p2w by design, only by history.
    Sonicabid wrote: »
    People who don't play FPS games getting hype for this game just because Blizzard's name is on the box is hilarious.

    How many FPS games Blizzard has made:
    Zero.

    Are you implying that Activision-Blizzard is too poor to hire people who know their shit?

    They hired a guy who mainly developed RTS games as the lead to an isometric action RPG. Remember how that turned out?

    Blizzard has all the lettuce in the world to spend. Doesn't mean they know how to spend it properly. Didn't they recently can an MMO that was in development for over 1/2 a decade? Imagine how much money they spent developing it before they decided to scrap it.

    If you were a fan of Blizzard's games before WoW, then you're probably not a fan of anything they've released since then. The design philosophy and the depth of their older games is completely different than the shit they put out now. The look and feel of these new, scrub-friendly Blizzard games suck ass compared to the older ones. Even Battle.net got worse. :|
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That mmo was a mmofps, and its best idea and solid shooter engine is what Overwatch is based on and why they were able to develop it relatively quickly

    e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • SonicabidSonicabid This is Jean he roundhouse kicks it Joined: Posts: 12,079
    Pimp Willy wrote: »
    That mmo was a mmofps, and its best idea and solid shooter engine is what Overwatch is based on and why they were able to develop it relatively quickly

    Was this ever confirmed?

    I could easily see their next game being an MMOFPS after the insane amount of sales Destiny had for a new IP.
  • KillaFoxKillaFox I wish a nigga would on every candle. Joined: Posts: 2,194
    edited November 2014
    Sonicabid wrote: »
    If you were a fan of Blizzard's games before WoW, then you're probably not a fan of anything they've released since then. The design philosophy and the depth of their older games is completely different than the shit they put out now. The look and feel of these new, scrub-friendly Blizzard games suck ass compared to the older ones. Even Battle.net got worse. :|

    They are only scrubby because you play at a scrub level. Now go to bed grampa.
  • SonicabidSonicabid This is Jean he roundhouse kicks it Joined: Posts: 12,079
    KillaFox wrote: »
    Sonicabid wrote: »
    If you were a fan of Blizzard's games before WoW, then you're probably not a fan of anything they've released since then. The design philosophy and the depth of their older games is completely different than the shit they put out now. The look and feel of these new, scrub-friendly Blizzard games suck ass compared to the older ones. Even Battle.net got worse. :|

    They are only scrubby because you play at a scrub level. Now go to bed grampa.

    Nukkah there's a server up on USWest titled "KillFox gets rekt in PK" in Diablo 2 right now. B)
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,206
    Sonicabid wrote: »
    People who don't play FPS games getting hype for this game just because Blizzard's name is on the box is hilarious.

    How many FPS games Blizzard has made:
    Zero.

    How many good games Blizzard has put out since Warcraft 3:
    Zero.

    Game's going to be ass but everyone will play it because of the Blizzard name. ;)

    Fixed. Game looks like some bullshit as well, honestly where are you guys getting the hype from lol?
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

    -Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The titan thing was mentioned at a panel yesterday. I'll try to dig it up later but not today, I still have another day of blizzcon to enjoy : )

    e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • SonicabidSonicabid This is Jean he roundhouse kicks it Joined: Posts: 12,079
    Sonicabid is just salty because he tried to learn how to play Starcraft 2 and after dying to a cannon rush once he cried and uninstalled.

    I'm glad people are finally catching on to what I've been saying for at least a year out two and seeing that Po and sonicabid's small brains can't handle the fact that other people have different opinions than them, Sonicabid has a chance to actually play the beta and give his impressions yet chooses to make a drive by judgement from a single trailer LOL.

    Their salt gave my Thai coconut curry steak curry a great kick last night, keep it coming guys and with iodide please!

    orochi you realize by saying shit like this you make yourself sound like a bigger, self-righteous "holier than thou" type of D-bag than posters like me and Po could ever aspire to be, right?

    I'd give you shit for sounding like a complete phag in this post but I realize that you being an Islamic midget still living with mommy in the West must be a pretty rough life already. Just remember, if things get any worse you can always fly back to the East and join up with ISIS. ;)
  • NeesaNeesa Melt in your mouth kind of lovin'. Joined: Posts: 7,113
    "Oh no. You guys are excited for a game that looks fun and Blizzard smacked their name on it? What fuckin' fegs."

    Way to go, guys.
    "At the very least, Ana means that that one guy who runs Widowmaker and only Widowmaker can now play support." - d3v
    3DS FC: 0559-8183-6908
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,631
    edited November 2014
    Exodus. wrote: »
    You guys are straight goofballs getting mad at each other over who has better tastes in video games.

    Exactly, I've never understood why some people get so emotional about other people liking different things than them, what is it about about differing opinions that gets some to bash on their keyboards? Why not let everyone enjoy whatever the fuck they want?

    This whole "my opinion is right and yours is wrong" was fun in grade school when we argued about SNES vs Genesis (blast processing all day! lol), but doing it as an adult is just sad, maybe there's some appeal to it that I'm missing? let me try it.

    @Vynce‌ haha you dumbass console peasant look at you spending money on that COD, what a brainwashed retarded sheep thinking you're "having fun" when in reality you're lining Bobby Kotick's pocket and being taken advantage of!



    .....Nah still don't see the appeal, I don't care whether others have different tastes or not as long as they're happy good for them.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,794
    edited November 2014
    Exodus. wrote: »
    You guys are straight goofballs getting mad at each other over who has better tastes in video games.

    Why not let everyone enjoy whatever the fuck they want?

    This is 90% of the reason the world is the shithole it is today.

    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

    I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,724
    Wasted wrote: »
    Exodus. wrote: »
    You guys are straight goofballs getting mad at each other over who has better tastes in video games.

    Why not let everyone enjoy whatever the fuck they want?

    This is 90% of the reason the world is the shithole it is today.

    You are the other 10%.

  • Legendary HoamaruLegendary Hoamaru Draxx them sclounst Joined: Posts: 2,953
    Robot Monk looks fucking awesome.
    P.O.P Hold it down ~ Donna Goudeau

    XBL: Legend Hoamaru
    NNID: LegendHoamaru
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    There was a chick cosplaying her really well today already wtf

    e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Also the line to play this dwarves every other game, and they have 600 PCs running it, and the line wraps around the space and has to snake like crazy. At least it moves fast

    e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,879
    Pimp Willy wrote: »
    There was a chick cosplaying her really well today already wtf

    They pay cosplayers to portray characters at these cons to get the pre-release hype train going.
    The cosplayer either recieves money, early access, some other accomodations, or all of the above in exchange for access to the design materials.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • NegaduckNegaduck Is so S-Rank Joined: Posts: 5,189
    edited November 2014
    Yeah I love the art style of this game.

    Blizz never mentiones it officially, but from what I hear this is the fps part of titan before they scrapped the rest of it from what some stories from inside sources stated. They said it had a Pixar/incredible vibe to it so I'm sure titan became overwatch. The game just wasn't the fun or didn't have the spark they needed it to have. @Sonicabid‌

    Im also super hype because the character art for it is amazing and glad it just isn't in blizzard's vaults forever.

    Yeah hammer dude for me and maybe hanzo, enjoy a good archer.

    http://bnetus-a.akamaihd.net/overwatch/static/media/artwork/hanzo-concept.49XGv.jpg
    Roll one up homie.
    My artblog - http://negaduckduckgoose.blogspot.com/
  • NeesaNeesa Melt in your mouth kind of lovin'. Joined: Posts: 7,113
    @Negaduck Yeah, the concept art and character designs are pretty amazing.
    "At the very least, Ana means that that one guy who runs Widowmaker and only Widowmaker can now play support." - d3v
    3DS FC: 0559-8183-6908
«134567229